bijue

Federal Hotel

Hi,

I'm going to held my wedding reception at Federal Hotel - Banquet Hall. Anyone had any experience having their dinner reception on the hall ? Any comments on how one can decorate/beautify the hall ? How about the service, ambience, environment over there ?

Appreciate if anyone can contribute their idea on this especially those that held their wedding dinner for the past 6 months in that Hall. Thanks

Hi Bijue,

you can look at the thread attached photos that i posted earlier

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1442

I belive it is the banquet hall .

Shiow Shin

Those pix in the thread sure looks like banquet hall although the topic they are discussing is about Mandarin Palace. The balloon is one nice way of decorating the place perhaps. Mandarin Palace is the chinese restaurant locate within the same floor of Federal Hotel.

How about anyone that attended the dinner reception there ? Hopefully to get further input from the member :unsure:

Hi, can anyone share with me about the food at Federal Hotel? So far i received many negative comments on the food wise and i am a bit worry due to i already paid deposit.

I dunno about the food taste.. but one of my fren complain that the hotel does not provide projector.. so he has to ask around to rent a projector..

Hi coolbabe,

I haven't really attended dinner there, but heard some comments on the hotel is old and the food serve during the dinner was cold... guests weren't too happy...

Thanks for replying....

Yenyin2003,

No much problem on the projector as a fren has promised to provide the projector :P but its sad that the hotel doesnt even have these facilities

Wan Yee,

Yah the hotel does not have the up to date modern look like some of the newer hotels do but when I visited the place again last week, somehow the hotel didnt look that bad compared to the first time I saw it. The environment had a sort of warm feel to the place especially the Mandarin Palace restaurant which felt Majestic (and Oriental).

I booked the smaller Ballroom as it looked 'newer' compared to the main Banquet Hall (as it was just renovated some time back).

But any idea why the food was cold? was there a delay in starting the dinner? Other than that was the food tasty? I am guessing that since the Mandarin Palace has received may accolades and consecutive awards from Tatler magazine for being one of the best restaurants in Malaysia, the hotels' food cannot be that worst off or can it be?

coolbabe,

I have attended the wedding dinner at Federal hotel just Jan'07. The food was cool and not that nice as food tested but there have a long red carpet :rolleyes: . The ballroom is big enought but the environment not that nice bcs.of foyel place too small. their wedding packages are cheap if compare with others 4 star hotel. Mm...since you already booked and i think the deposit would not be return too, don't think too much lah.

I'm not sure why the food was cold but that was what I heard.. probably coz the dinner started a bit late..

christinechung,

Sad to hear that the food not that nice as tested. i think most hotels do have a tendency to prepare more tasty food during the food tasting session than the actual event. Was there another function at the Banquet Hall downstairs during that time also? How was the portioning of all the dishes? we were told by the hotel staff that their hotel is well known for generous portions. dunno know true. but wat to do? already paid deposit and all.

wanyee,

I hope that was the case of starting late rather than a norm that all their food quality is below expectation.

Hi,

I'm going to held my wedding reception at Federal Hotel - Banquet Hall. Anyone had any experience having their dinner reception on the hall ? Any comments on how one can decorate/beautify the hall ? How about the service, ambience, environment over there ?

Appreciate if anyone can contribute their idea on this especially those that held their wedding dinner for the past 6 months in that Hall. Thanks

Hi Bijue,

Can i check with you whether you have hear any comments from your friend about the food at Federal before you confirm the reservation? FYi, i also book the reception there in a hurry and after i confirmed the reception only received many negative feedback from my friends Haiii...sad la.. :(

coobabe,

There was not function at the Banquet Hall during that time. New plates will be replaced before each dish is brought to your table, and is generous portion except for main table. I think their food was cold might because of place for prepare food far from the ballroom and no cover at all while serve it.... maybe you can ask for cover for each dishes like Sunway resort.

Coolbabe,

Welcome :D . When is your reception? maybe your can share with us after your wedding reception on Federal Hotel. Actually i also consider my wedding reception on Federal Hotel just because of the place is too convenier for my guest.

Hi Chris,

My reception will be by end Sep'07. No problem, i can share with you guys after my wedding. I also agree with you that FH location is very convenient to everyone. :P

hi all...i'n a newbie in this forum...jz wanted to share my dissapointed experience for my banquet with them..jz held my reception there 2 weeks ago...

when haven't sign the contract...the manager claim that they had the best food...the fish is all grade 1....GRADE 1..... :rolleyes::blink: all the food top class...when food is serve...the fish s@#k$...the skin n meat is no different with a tree trunk skins...the prawns... :blink: :blink: seems like from yesterday stock...not fresh at all..most of the table skip it.....

i call up the manager to complain abt all this n he said that he'll investigate...til today....NO NEWS....n most of all...not flexible aswell...this cannot this must charge that must charge..all is abt $$$$

hi kino,

sorry to hear about your bad experience.. I suppose the manager is being like any other normal sales person, they want your business, so they'll say everything also good. No doubt their one of the oldest hotel around (which should make them more experience and etc.) but obviously it's not the case...

Don't think too much and enjoy your newly married life... :lol: Congrats to your wedding...

hi kino,

sorry to hear about your bad experience.. I suppose the manager is being like any other normal sales person, they want your business, so they'll say everything also good. No doubt their one of the oldest hotel around (which should make them more experience and etc.) but obviously it's not the case...

Don't think too much and enjoy your newly married life... :D Congrats to your wedding...

hi wan yee,

thanks for ur reply...ya..at 1st i suppose they're one of the prime hotel in KL,so suppose to have a very good service + good food...but...dissapointed..sorry to say that the service industry is getting from bad to worse...

i'll be having another banquet in s'pore coz i work in s'pore...compare to here....the service is much much more better then my own country...i oso dun understand y..everything that i requested, can be arranged...without a single cents...(even i can't reach the max of table to have those benefits)...

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you have your tasting before hand? It must have been hard to deal with your guests later on. The menu I got from Federal does look very interesting but never try the food there. I'm supprise you get this kind of food as they just got featured in Star newspapers a while back.

I have similar experience in other place but that was during food tasting. Hopefully they will improve.

hi kino,

sorry to hear abt that...i know some of the restaurant will serve u vy good food while u went for the food tasting

but hor...when come to that day the quality of the food will not be the same as those u hv tried...

i oso hate this kinda of restaurant lo... really $$$$ minded & no responsible at alll....

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you have your tasting before hand? It must have been hard to deal with your guests later on. The menu I got from Federal does look very interesting but never try the food there. I'm supprise you get this kind of food as they just got featured in Star newspapers a while back.

I have similar experience in other place but that was during food tasting. Hopefully they will improve.

i din manage to get the food tasting coz i dun have enuv table for their minimum requirement of 20..mine oni 17 tables...so if i want a food tasting i have to pay full price for it...somemore i dun really believe into food tasting...for sure the food u taste on that day will be wonderful....for sure the menu is interesting...as i mention b4 i'm being promise that the fish is the "BEST QUALITY"....

and dun be suprise with anything even they feature in any media....u noe wat i mean?....ahahah...advertising....i'm in this industries...u can always pay to get advertised...

hi kino,

sorry to hear abt that...i know some of the restaurant will serve u vy good food while u went for the food tasting

but hor...when come to that day the quality of the food will not be the same as those u hv tried...

i oso hate this kinda of restaurant lo... really $$$$ minded & no responsible at alll....

hi charliz...

i think most of it serve good food during tasting...all grade 1...so can't expect much...as v consumer always in the losing side...i did call up the manager to complain abt the food...he told i shud have complain to the floor manager who's incharge that day...i tell him...LOOK...wat can he do....change all my dishes????!!!!....recook???!!!!..even he can redo the dish..my guest is not going to wait...m i rite....all he can say is he'll investigate...call me back...til now....no NEWS...

n i think the problem doesn't really have to do with the restaurant or the hotel abt those $$$$$ minded n responsbility....is the man incharge that counts...ya i mean rules is rules...but i think it's flexible n can be adjusted n wether u want to give ur best service or not....

jz finish my reception last nite for s'pore....everything was good..my wife even call up the manager to arrange a projector for us in the last minute..n it's FOC...if it's my KL wedding...be prepare to be rejected or have to pay a very high price...i even get a called fr the manager to ask is everything ok last nite...any problem...how's the food...etc...u noe..sometimes jz a phone call will make u feel good...i think all will feel the same coz v r human beings...

Hi all,

what an 'interesting' comment on this KL Federal Hotel, which (i don't know should be sadly or happily) as I’m having my wedding reception in the next few months in this very hotel. I really appreciate all the comments especially by coolbabe and kino, as i go thru them, my heart gets colder by the minutes (oh God...oh God...oh God........)

my package is handled by this David guys, sales manager, @ 15th Flr, Skyroom (NOT the revolving restaurant nor the mandarin palace) here are some of the problem i'm having with the hotel:

-no projector provided,

-no changing place in the reception room,

-no secure place to count the angpow in the reception room,

-too many square columns in the reception room,

-the dinner room looks old but ok after adding in decor (as seen slide the sales mng provided),

-no time for rehearsal, sales mng said i can ONLY meet the floor mng (that will go thru the whole event) at 4pm on that very day since the guy only come in at that time, oh God...pls remember that my dinner start 7pm oh..!! enough time meh??)

Question: is this the hotel normal practice? Can any hotel guy out there enlighten me on this...Coolbabe / Kino, u guys is having/had the same treatment as well, any rehearsal???

-the sales mng keep asking me to relax since they are experienced in doing this...oh God...not that I don’t trust them, or is asking for 1 whole day for rehearsal but at least they can have a walkthru with me before the actual day. Only when i requested for it then the sales mng say ok, will arrange...worried lah...

Coolbabe

-is your “smaller room”=15th Skyroom like mine?

-who is ur sales manager? and

-when is ur wedding leh??

Kino,

-is your room also 15th flr?

-your sales manager is...?

-floor manager pulak is...?

-is your food cool on your big day back in June07?

dear all, coolbabe/Kino/any guys out there whose wedding reception is in Federal Hotel, REALLY appreciate it if you guys can let me know what i should be taking extra care on the big day or wht i should look out for or need to prepare any emergency plan for any critical issue...??

Guys, I'm sorry if i ask too many Qs but I am very uncomfortable now, so i guess the best thing i can do now (other than pray hard, very hard) is to know and understand the problem / risk that may come out that day and perhaps minimize it (if not solve it) in advance.

I'm wishing all a great weekend ahead, gonna go looking for a projector and settle some other issues...adios, God bless...

hi all...i'n a newbie in this forum...jz wanted to share my dissapointed experience for my banquet with them..jz held my reception there 2 weeks ago...

when haven't sign the contract...the manager claim that they had the best food...the fish is all grade 1....GRADE 1..... :D:angry: all the food top class...when food is serve...the fish s@#k$...the skin n meat is no different with a tree trunk skins...the prawns... :blink::angry: seems like from yesterday stock...not fresh at all..most of the table skip it.....

i call up the manager to complain abt all this n he said that he'll investigate...til today....NO NEWS....n most of all...not flexible aswell...this cannot this must charge that must charge..all is abt $$$$

I truly understand your feeling about this. We had the same problem on the issue that you have. The prawn was not fresh on some of the prawns. The oil used on the fish was 'chau yau yek'. The most super duper disappointed was the hotel service. We ask them to investigate but it took 1 month to come back and that's because we called them at the 1st place. I was disappointed that this 50 year old hotel that supposed to be the 1st hotel in town had left profit overruled their attitude towards service.

hi kino,

Don't think too much and enjoy your newly married life... :D Congrats to your wedding...

Don't ever ever believe on this David guy. He overpromised and under deliver. I agree with your statement there. Very the disappointed. Had left some scar to our lovely love story.

Hi all,

what an 'interesting' comment on this KL Federal Hotel, which (i don't know should be sadly or happily) as I'm having my wedding reception in the next few months in this very hotel. I really appreciate all the comments especially by coolbabe and kino, as i go thru them, my heart gets colder by the minutes (oh God...oh God...oh God........)

my package is handled by this David guys, sales manager, @ 15th Flr, Skyroom (NOT the revolving restaurant nor the mandarin palace) here are some of the problem i'm having with the hotel:

-no projector provided,

-no changing place in the reception room,

-no secure place to count the angpow in the reception room,

-too many square columns in the reception room,

-the dinner room looks old but ok after adding in decor (as seen slide the sales mng provided),

-no time for rehearsal, sales mng said i can ONLY meet the floor mng (that will go thru the whole event) at 4pm on that very day since the guy only come in at that time, oh God...pls remember that my dinner start 7pm oh..!! enough time meh??)

Question: is this the hotel normal practice? Can any hotel guy out there enlighten me on this...Coolbabe / Kino, u guys is having/had the same treatment as well, any rehearsal???

-the sales mng keep asking me to relax since they are experienced in doing this...oh God...not that I don't trust them, or is asking for 1 whole day for rehearsal but at least they can have a walkthru with me before the actual day. Only when i requested for it then the sales mng say ok, will arrange...worried lah...

Coolbabe

-is your "smaller room"=15th Skyroom like mine?

-who is ur sales manager? and

-when is ur wedding leh??

Kino,

-is your room also 15th flr?

-your sales manager is...?

-floor manager pulak is...?

-is your food cool on your big day back in June07?

dear all, coolbabe/Kino/any guys out there whose wedding reception is in Federal Hotel, REALLY appreciate it if you guys can let me know what i should be taking extra care on the big day or wht i should look out for or need to prepare any emergency plan for any critical issue...??

Guys, I'm sorry if i ask too many Qs but I am very uncomfortable now, so i guess the best thing i can do now (other than pray hard, very hard) is to know and understand the problem / risk that may come out that day and perhaps minimize it (if not solve it) in advance.

I'm wishing all a great weekend ahead, gonna go looking for a projector and settle some other issues...adios, God bless...

Hi iamgood. It's true, the request that we've forwarded will not be entertain. They only allow you to be there at that day at around 4pm. That's if no activity/seminar/workshop held on that very same day. They won't tell you if you can have the hall even on the day before. Apparently, they still wanna make some sales by doing last minute seminar/workshop at the expense of the existing customer. That's how their attitude towards customer. I'll try my best in furnish you on some info on my wedding held 1/2 year ago that you've asked

-is your "smaller room"=15th Skyroom like mine? -> we held our dinner at banquet hall

-who is ur sales manager? and -> The terrible David Tsen

-when is ur wedding leh?? -> Mine was 10th March

-is your food cool on your big day back in June07? - Mine was not hot but apparently, they said they can't hold any dishes for some cake cutting, montage video. They'll let the food stayed at a place and left there.

-the sales mng keep asking me to relax since they are experienced in doing this...oh God...not that I don't trust them, or is asking for 1 whole day for rehearsal but at least they can have a walkthru with me before the actual day. Only when i requested for it then the sales mng say ok, will arrange...worried lah...

-> we were treated the same for Federal hotel. As for the other hotel, you may had to ask around. Don't let their sweet talk fool you. He told us the same thing and yet they screw it up.

-> I'm glad you've managed to ask this guy. Our last time request was not entertained

-> Make sure you had a friend that understand your requirement and he/she will be the point of contact during the dinner. You need to go thru with him the activity since you'll be too busy attending guest and relatives. One mistake everyone make is try to run it themselve while they had to go thru some of the activity on stage. The dinner suppose to be for you to enjoy the whole dinner.

-> Next big thing is to relax and be calm and composed throughout the dinner.

- How much had you paid them ? Do you sign anything that says you'll forfeit the deposit ? Now I understand why nowadays not many people held their dinner there. Their service really sucks big time.