Lynn

Renaissance Hotel - KL

Hi Summer,

I am with Renaissance hotel. I have not been to prince but been to Saujana. My friend was suppose to do it by the pool side. Unfortunately it was raining. Therefore they move all tables into a ballroom, because lack of time to decorate the hall, it looks awful. In this case maybe u want to choose the ballroom instead and ask them to decorate nice nice.

I would be having my banquet in renaissance hotel this 5th March. I am getting the grandball room. The ballroom is abit old but the food are not bad, i went for the food tasting in January. If you have friendster, maybe u want to look at my blog on the food they serve, pretty big portion though. My Package is the 1028++.

Why i choose renaissance over all the 5 star hotel in city centre, namely Mandarin Oriental, Hilton, Marriot, sheraton is that renaissance don't charge corkages. That i calculate could save me alot and their food portion is big unlike Sunway Hotel. Moreover if u are willing to spend on hotel, choose those hotel which provides big tables, some hotel like Sunway they uses those restaurant table which is very small. I find it very tight and uncomfortable for my guest. (keep on using sunway hotel as example because i went to one wedding in Jan :) However they have a very impressive crystal lights!! one plus point)

The person i liase with in renaissance are Jephrine (sales assistant manager) and Hayley (Event manager). If you were to go to renaissance, contact jeprine for the initial stage, she is friendly even after she hand over my account to hayley she still layan me on some other stuff.

Hey everyone,

Am gonna have my wedding dinner at Renaissance Ballroom, has anyone used it b4? Any opinion / suggestion / comments? Is there anything that i need to be aware of? Am kind of blur with their actual ballroom deco, anyone who can help?

if your banquest is less than 200pax, you can have it at thier poolside :P. mY cousin just got married there. I was not there. Heard that it is a really grand ballroom. Younger generation said food is good, older said okay (the same cannot compare to chinese restaurant thing). Though my mom made a remark that the waitress is slow at serving individual portion. At the end everyone at the table just scope the dish themselves instead of waiting coz it ws getting cold.

Hey Lynn,

I liase with Jephrine and Hayley as well. So are u adding in any extra deco? Any coordinator for the night.

Can i add ur friendster as well. If i am not mistaken u MTM ur WG and EG at Divine as well, rite? Cos me too. Am so eager to look at ur gowns.

Hi Lynn..

Can u add me too, would like to see the food that serve by Renaissance Hotel.. Thanks

samantha_tph@hotmail.com

Hi Reen,

extra deco as in the backdrop & extra lightings?? i didn;t do anything extra to the ballroom only add ribbons for the chairs. There will be hotel coordinator, the banquet manager, he will be there the whole night. I wrote out my schedule and hand it to him, so he will know when to serve food, food intervals & also songs & video playing.

Sure u can add me to friendster. eowsl@hotmail.com

i have another 2 EG at Divine haven't collected yet, sent for dry cleaning and it's still there!! what's ur gown's design?

Hey Lynn,

I liase with Jephrine and Hayley as well. So are u adding in any extra deco? Any coordinator for the night.

Can i add ur friendster as well. If i am not mistaken u MTM ur WG and EG at Divine as well, rite? Cos me too. Am so eager to look at ur gowns.

Hi samantha,

i have posted some photos there. u can take a loook. eowsl@hotmail.com

The food was really good for the main table & VIP table, but the table at the back says the prawn is small (Tiger prawn was very big for the front table) & my friends and relative said that the food is nice too. I have no idea about other bad comments to renaissance. I took the middle package and upgraded some dishes. Overall the wedding dinner is a success... oh, and i had 40 tables for the grand ballroom, maybe some couple had more tables that's why the good quality degrade.

Hi Lynn..

Can u add me too, would like to see the food that serve by Renaissance Hotel.. Thanks

samantha_tph@hotmail.com

Hi Lynn,

I'll be having my wedding dinner in Renaissance this Nov. Currently, I haven't decided on whether to engage a event manager or a coordinator for the wedding. Is Hayley good?

Hayley is okay, i met her 2 times in total. SHe will help u to decide the backdrop, table cloth colours, ribbons, flowers for the ballroom, ice carving etc....

B4 the event, she will come in earlier to speak to you. you can let her know if the decoration is okay. I would say the service is good. They won't shoo you off just like that. Then Hayley will introduce u to the banquet manager, where he will be with you during the event. you can coordinate with the banquet manager for the food serving timing, songs & video playing, etc....

Hi Lynn,

I'll be having my wedding dinner in Renaissance this Nov. Currently, I haven't decided on whether to engage a event manager or a coordinator for the wedding. Is Hayley good?

Hi Reen,

extra deco as in the backdrop & extra lightings?? i didn;t do anything extra to the ballroom only add ribbons for the chairs. There will be hotel coordinator, the banquet manager, he will be there the whole night. I wrote out my schedule and hand it to him, so he will know when to serve food, food intervals & also songs & video playing.

Sure u can add me to friendster. eowsl@hotmail.com

i have another 2 EG at Divine haven't collected yet, sent for dry cleaning and it's still there!! what's ur gown's design?

Hey Lynn,

Oh i plan to add in xtra dceo, will engage a decorator for it. If like what u say Hayley is good, than can save on wedding coordinator.

U sell back ur EG? Or only for dry cleaning? How much they charge huh? Cos according to Soo Lin, it's very xpensive ne, a few hundreds for one gown.

Hayley is okay, i met her 2 times in total. SHe will help u to decide the backdrop, table cloth colours, ribbons, flowers for the ballroom, ice carving etc....

B4 the event, she will come in earlier to speak to you. you can let her know if the decoration is okay. I would say the service is good. They won't shoo you off just like that. Then Hayley will introduce u to the banquet manager, where he will be with you during the event. you can coordinate with the banquet manager for the food serving timing, songs & video playing, etc....

Thanks Lynn :)

Hey everyone,

Am gonna have my wedding dinner at Renaissance Ballroom, has anyone used it b4? Any opinion / suggestion / comments? Is there anything that i need to be aware of? Am kind of blur with their actual ballroom deco, anyone who can help?

I had my wedding dinner at Rennaissance (not the ballroom though) late last year and was quite disappointed with them. This is what they messed up:

1. Did not decorate bridal suite as agreed because the event manager forgot to inform the front desk!

2. Did not provide ice carving even though it was part of the package

3. Did not provide entrance decor (ribbons) as promised

4. Got the colour of the backdrop wrong and misspelt my name. Good thing my sis caught the error and insisted that they fix the misspelling when she went to check 3 hours before the dinner.

5. Waiter accidentally popped the champagne while preparing it for the toast.

Generally, the only good thing was the food.

yup...still bashful :-)

hubby and father in law complained to the manager and asked her to replace the champagne... she wasn't able to do that, but she waived all the soft drinks and juice charges which actually came out to be quite a bit.

OMG, it's all very terrible mistake they did. I've never heard of such complaint from hotel holding wedding dinner. If this happened to Renaissance, brides out there have to be extra careful. I wouldn't want my champagne being popped b4 i touch it, dowan no deco and definitely dowan my name wrongly spelt for everyone to see.

Anyway thks for ur info bashfulbride, cos i will be xtra careful with all the details. I guess will have to start writing down all the do's and dont's in my to do list.

Yeah Basfulbride, I think what happened to you was really terrible. I am considering Renaissance as one of my options too... Now I'm thinking twice d. Scared lar, imagine if something like that were to happen to me.

Hi hi...

Sorry to hear what happened Bashfulbride.. But I think there are somethings which we can't control or won't know it'll happened till it does.. Not helping anyone or on anyone side.. Just trying to be positive. Like the champagne being popped before toasting.. I don't think the waiter purposely wanted to pop it.. Probably he / she was also nervous on that day.. Like I also recently attended one of my good friend's wedding at Holiday Villa. During the dinner, there was twice where the waiter drop the plate on the floor and it broke. Not once but twice! Sometimes the hotels get part timers to be the waiters specially if they don't have enough staffs on that day.. These part timers can be school leavers(after form 5) or non trainned waiters..

But the part where they didn't provide the other things and misspelt your name was no excuse... You should have asked for more things to be waived. I would have been more upset at those mistakes where they had ample time to prepare.

Hope things will be better..

bashfulbride,

There was 1 wedding where my hubby attended..the groom popped open the champagne bottle, the cork shot out and hit his MIL on the forehead!!

i actually had my wedding banquet there on 29 december 2006... it was good and i never regret to hold it there.. my coordinator is Elaine.... she is superb.. she even make her effort to decorate the backdrop same as my custom made wedding card.... cause mine quiet simple.... everything went smooth except for the first march in..... food wise also very good... i think those who wanna held banquet, should consider reanaissance, cause they have nice deco compareto others hotels as well as the food portion and taste wise....

strawberry

bashfulbride,

There was 1 wedding where my hubby attended..the groom popped open the champagne bottle, the cork shot out and hit his MIL on the forehead!!

hahaha... in my very own wedding the cork pop and hit my brother... :P

Hey Strawberry,

I've seen ur photos, u look perfect! Everyone looks happy, especially the lady in maroon dress, i bet she's ur mum. Anw, did u add-in any extra deco to the ballroom? Engage any wedding planner?