Lynn

Renaissance Hotel - KL

Thank You for all your replies....am still confused. Apart from the food.which ballroom is better? Becoz am only having 250 pax max, Le Meridine is giving me the grand ballroom, withouth any divider(that means the whole ballroom).Wherelse for Renaissance, they will put a divider due to the amount of people am having..So which would will be better off for me??

Cheers

Dave

hi dave.. i had my wedding at renaissance and we were really happy with them (food, service & ambience was all good..).. i've also attended a wedding in le meridien and they were pretty good too.. since u are planning for about 25 tables, i think le meridien will be a better choice as it will fit quite nicely in their ballroom.. if in renaissance, you will only get half the ballroom and it might get very messy and noisy if the other half is used by another function.. i hope this helps.. :)

Thank You for all your replies....am still confused. Apart from the food.which ballroom is better? Becoz am only having 250 pax max, Le Meridine is giving me the grand ballroom, withouth any divider(that means the whole ballroom).Wherelse for Renaissance, they will put a divider due to the amount of people am having..So which would will be better off for me??

Cheers

Dave

well thank u very much...if you had the choice,which one will you choose?bearing in mind of 250 pax?

Also how is the deco of Le Meridine compare to renaissance?

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Renaissance min is 33 tables now. Mayb you can try Grand Millenium or One world.

Some hotels they have min tables to fulfill else u need to pay for the ballroom unless u take expensive package then can negotiable

well thank u very much...if you had the choice,which one will you choose?bearing in mind of 250 pax?

Cheers

Dave

Hi sdkgirl,

I have browsed thru your photos and guess wat, u look great!

Congrats on ur marriage!

I am starting to get very worried because I have yet to finalise my venue. My AD is next year July. Am not sure if Renaissance is a good choice for me but I would try talking to the person in charge. Any idea who did you liaise with and his/her contact?

By the way, how did you negotiate with them? and what is the additional FOC did you get from them? Am pretty bad at negotiating coz afraid to offend them.

Hope you could share your experience with me.

cheers,

joopedo

Hi Dave,

I had my wedding reception @ renaissance and my HB and I are happy with their service. Food wise they are good and ambiance is nice. You can visit my site for some photos http://jenniferlvt.multiply.com/

If you need the event manager contact, just PM me ;)

joopedo,

i just signed up with Renaissance. The PIC is Roger, he is good & easy to deal with.

He almost can fulfill your request .for me, i have free upgrade to softdrinks for my menu package.

sdkgirl,

i saw there's smoke effect when march in, is it provided by hotel ? any special for the 1st dish presentation ??

Hi Dave,

I had my wedding reception @ renaissance and my HB and I are happy with their service. Food wise they are good and ambiance is nice. You can visit my site for some photos http://jenniferlvt.multiply.com/

Hi dreamz!

thanks for the info.

1) What are the extra stuff that you have negotiated apart from their fix package?

2) Do you have any ballroom pix that you can share? My email add is behlee@gmail.com

3) Do you have Roger's contact and email address?

4) Is it that easy to ask for free upgrade?

cheers,

joopedo

joopedo,

i just signed up with Renaissance. The PIC is Roger, he is good & easy to deal with.

He almost can fulfill your request .for me, i have free upgrade to softdrinks for my menu package.

joopedo,

1) What are the extra stuff that you have negotiated apart from their fix package?

- not much to add coz it almost include in package.i have 1 day use room & softdrink for extra

2) Do you have any ballroom pix that you can share?

- i did not take the pix but some bride here have pic of the ballroom

- roger.yin@renaissancehotels.com , 603 2716 9923

- Roger is good and negotiable.if u take 2nd package then u probably can nego waive of projector rental fees.

Hi dreamz!

Thanks for the info. Hotels packages are getting more expensive and it's difficult to negotiate for this and that. I guess I have to give up and opt for restaurants. I am now considering Tropicana and Bukit Kiara...:) Apparently, they have no corkage on liquor, wine & beer. This really save alot!

Cheers,

joopedo

joopedo,

- not much to add coz it almost include in package.i have 1 day use room & softdrink for extra

2) Do you have any ballroom pix that you can share?

- i did not take the pix but some bride here have pic of the ballroom

- roger.yin@renaissancehotels.com , 603 2716 9923

- Roger is good and negotiable.if u take 2nd package then u probably can nego waive of projector rental fees.

I'm planning to have my wedding dinner at Renaissance next year. Looked through the menu and decided to take the first package.

Just wondering what kind of extras will they usually give?

This is what's included in the RM1188++package:

Fresh floral arrangements for all tables
Floral wedding arch at the Ballroom entrance

Floral pedestals to line the aisle (6 units)

Beautifully crafted ice carving

Magnificent wedding cake

Beverage includes :
Unlimited cordial drinks for four (4) hours (orange, syrup and lime)
Waiver of corkage for unlimited liquor or wine

Discounted price for beer ordered by the barrel

Do you girls think it's possible to upgrade the cordial drinks to soft drinks for free?

I heard Renaissance also charges for the use of their Projector, how much did you girls paid for the projector?can nego?

Sarah,

You can upgrade for soft drinks. I taking same package as yours.

The do charge for the projector and it's expensive. If you need contact, do let me know coz my fren is in projector line and he quoted cheaper

Hope this can help

I'm planning to have my wedding dinner at Renaissance next year. Looked through the menu and decided to take the first package.

Just wondering what kind of extras will they usually give?

This is what's included in the RM1188++package:

Fresh floral arrangements for all tables
Floral wedding arch at the Ballroom entrance

Floral pedestals to line the aisle (6 units)

Beautifully crafted ice carving

Magnificent wedding cake

Beverage includes :
Unlimited cordial drinks for four (4) hours (orange, syrup and lime)
Waiver of corkage for unlimited liquor or wine

Discounted price for beer ordered by the barrel

Do you girls think it's possible to upgrade the cordial drinks to soft drinks for free?

I heard Renaissance also charges for the use of their Projector, how much did you girls paid for the projector?can nego?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am also planning a wedding for 250 pax like you and I have also considered both Renaissance and Le Meridien. Renaissance needs a min booking of 30-33tables for the whole ballroom, otherwise you are looking at half the ballroom, which they will partition for you. I didnt feel comfortable at the thought of the partition, what if your guest(s) accidentally go into the wrong ballroom?? And can you imagine if there is a wedding next door, you will hear all the loud yum seng and noises next door as well! You could also hire the full ballroom, just top up your menu package to cover the excess tables, but there will be lots of empty spots in the ballroom. Base on this, I chosed Le Meridien.

Both the hotels are 5 stars. Renaissance feels more open spaced whereas Le Meridien is slightly smaller, more intimate. Deco wise, Le Meridien has chandelier lightings and ballroom looks new hence, really not much further decorations needed unless you want to dress it according to your theme. Renaissance's ballroom is bigger and just as good. However, for 25tables, it's half the ballroom, half the grandeur.

I hope you have sort out your dilemma!

Hi Dave,

Hi Jennifer,

May i know how many tables in the ball room you have had for your wedding dinner?

Hi Dave,

Hi Jennifer,

May i know how many tables in the ball room you have had for your wedding dinner?

Dear all,

appreciate your advice here as i am in the dillema to decide the venue. I have sunway and renaissance in my list now, anyone here can share your experience on good and bad for these two hotels???

between, in renaissance hotel, i saw they include one room for full day use. actually what is that room for? is it a small function room? i plan to have my ROM on the same day, maybe start earlier around 630 with close family relatives before guest arrive. not sure whether can utilize this room.

also, what are the items that we can nego with them?

1) LCD projector

2) tax waiver (has anyone get to nego on this?)

3) ??? not sure what other items to nego

Just had my wedding at Renaissance! Glad to say that everything went on smoothly, the food and service was good. No major complaints so far.

Hi Dave,

hi there,can i have the contact also?

thanks.

I like Renaissance KL. It ha a very comfortable 5 star ambiance and relaxing too. Not as relaxing as Saujana's famed resort 'feel'...but for a hotel in city centre...it is more than good.

Hi dreamz,

I will be signing with Roger from Renaissance soon. Is there anything that I should look out for in the contract?

Any advice?

Thanks...

There's a bridal fair at Renaissance on 26th July 2009, if you confirm your package with them on that day, you will get some free upgrades and a chance for lucky draw. I think you should check it out.

My fiance and I quite like Renaissance ballroom, and we're now deciding between Renaissance and Sunway (yet to be viewed). The only thing I don't like is the possibility of sharing the reception area with another couple should someone else take up the other ballroom (I will only have 30-33 tables). Any experience or comment on this?