smurf

How Fast Do You Lose The Weight You Gained During Pregnancy

Hi everyone,

Just out of curiosity..how fast do you lose the weight you gained during pregnancy

Weight Gained: 13.5kg

Weight Lost After 2 months: 6.5kg

Exercise: None

Frequency of Exercise: N/A

What about inches?

It's 6 month post delivery and my achievement is as follows:

Weight gained = 9-10kg

Weight loss after 2.5 months = ALL

Exercise = none (c-sec) till now (due to laziness)

Inches

Butt : all gone

Waist : 1 inc to go

Tummy : 2inc to go (spare tyre!)

It's been nearly 4.5 months and sad to say, progress is very slow for me. *sob*

Weight gained = 12 kg

Weight lost after 4 months = 6-7 kg (I lost more during my confinement - around 9 kg but ended up putting on another 3 kg after I moved to SG)

Exercise = none except walking for 30 minutes in the evenings (c-sec) until when Eva was over 3 mths and the gynae gave green light; started yoga just beginning of December (once a week).

Inches

Butt : 2 inches

Waist : 1.5 inches

Tummy : 1.5 inches

I still have quite a long way more to go because I gained weight after the move from Switzerland (all those nasty carbs did it for me!) but at least there is one saving grace - just yesterday, my HB grabbed my belly and remarked that it's getting smaller. So w00t!

Weight Gained: 12kg

Weight Lost After 2 months: 10kg

I guess I lose weight coz of too much perspiration, breastfeeding and sometimes I cant eat properly coz have to rush to attend my baby's cry :wacko3: sometimes eat 1 or 2 times a day... that was the most difficult time of my life... but now ppl ask me how i can lose weight so fast haha

weight gained: 18kgs

weight loss after 10 days: 10kgs

weight loss after 3 mths: 18kgs

weight loss at 6 mths: 22kgs

and my boy is not even a big eater! on top of that, i eat at least 6 big plates of rice (the amount u see construction workers eat/tapao at the chap fan stall) and half a chicken everyday.

Weight Gained: 13.5kg

Weight Lost After 2 months: 10kg

Weight Lost After 3 months : 15.5kg

I too have yet to measure myself but i think still got about 1- 2 inches to go cuz i can fit into all jeans but slightly tighter than last time.

You gals r so lucky.. slimmer than b4 preggie! My weight just refuse to any lower than 50-51kg which is my pre-pregnancy weight (not ideal). I wish I can shed another 2-3 kg bringing my weight down to 48kg.. <day dreaming now>

*cough*

Heck la, I'll be happy to get down to my prepregnancy weight! I just have to accept the fact that I'm one of those unlucky gals who will put on weight no matter what...even during BFing. T.T

Weight Gained : 13 Kg

Weight Loss After 2 Months : 13 Kg

Exercise : None (no time)

Inches

Butt, Waist & Tummy still the same as before (didnt really measure but since I can fit in all my pre pregnancy bottoms, so I guess it's the same la).

I think breastfeeding + lack of sleep contributed to the rapid weight loss. Actually I am 3 kg lighter then pre pregnancy weight. Not too good cos I look gaunt :s

Weight Gained : 13 Kg

Weight Loss After 2 Months : 10 Kg

Weight Loss After 3 Months :13 kg

Exercise : None (no time) but I stand and walk alot at work, rush and run alot too!

Now I'm so underweight, look almost anaroxic till hb ask me to stop. Please tell me how to gain wieght. :(

wow...seems like im the rare few who arent losing weight...

my mil lost more weight than me i think...she is taking care of my baby during the day...

i just want to be able to fit into all my clothes again...its depressing to be in tight clothes all the time...

my friend said to give myself 6 months and its better to shed all weight by then otherwise it will stay with me...and i only have 3.5 months left

the daily cupcakes that i eat is the main culprit i think

so zeroflower, go get yourself some cupcakes...

I'm joining you la, gal. Actually, all my other mummy friends told me to give myself 9 mths to a year, especially when they heard that I went for a c-sec. Clothes-wise, I'm starting to fit into my prepregnancy jeans so I'm actually ignoring the scale and concentrating more on the measuring tape. Have always been like that whenever I combine exercise with diet - I can stay at one weight for a long time but lose inches instead. More muscle weight I guess. :S

hehe...ok mable we concentrate on the inches then...

but what you said makes sense cause muscle contains more mass than evil evil fat...

to side track, any tips to fade stretch marks...mine decided to surprise me 5 days after my surgery..sigh..my belly looks like an aging watermelon now

I notice that none of us exercise. Mommies do not have time to exercise :)

Mine :

Weight Gained : 9kg

Weight loss after 4 months : 8kg

Inches : Didn't measure but cannot fit in my pre pregnancy blouse. Jeans and skirts are ok.

Exercise : None

Weight Gained: 8 kg

Weight Lost After 40 day confinement : 8kg

Therafter till todate : Lost another 4 kg

Inches : Didn't measure but can fit in most of my pre-pregnancy top & pant. Those pant that I still can't fit in is those from my uni days.

By the way, I have been a very big eater since delivered. I can finish 2 bowl of noodles or rice when I eat outside... :P

Can I ask a question? Are all of you guys working? Coz I suspect that going back to work also adds to the weight loss.

I am working but this doesn't seem to help in weight loss. I always feel like grabbing something to eat in the office. Started to control myself last 2 days. Hopefully it will contribute to more weight loss. Spare tyre is getting bigger by the minute

Weight Gained : 12 Kg

Weight Loss After 2 Months : 10 Kg

Weight Loss After 6 Months :12 kg

Exercise : Carry & look after baby 24/7

Working: Working out everyday weightlifting baby & paperwork (WAHM)

Verdict: Lost all the weight, now at 7mths+ can fit pants/shirts but pants slightly tight at waist/hips, shirt a bit sexy with big boobs. Looks like regaining weight - most probably its muscle weight. :P

Eating: Huge mountain of rice 2-3x a day - have never eaten so much rice before in 1 sitting. Most probably its carbs needed for breastfeeding & weightlifting.

Am not planning to lose any additional weight - will need it for emergency days when there's no time to eat & to ensure sufficient breastmilk supply. Did not expect to fit back in pre-pregnancy clothes as body shape does change every year - so does my wardrobe. Contented with weight & looks. Wish had more sleep time. ;)

Can I ask a question? Are all of you guys working? Coz I suspect that going back to work also adds to the weight loss.

im working too...dont think it contributes to weight loss...

in fact in the office i have more time to eat when im hungry...

may be that's why im not losing anymore

For me :

Weight gain for whole pregnancy : 12kg

Weight loss after 5 days delivered : around 5kg

Weight loss after 2 to 3 months : another 5kg

Weight loss after 3 months plus : another 1-2 kg (mean almost back to pre-pregnancy weight)

Weight at 4 months onwards : sometimes back to pre-pregnancy weight or sometimes the 1 kg extra remain..(depends how much I ate)

Recently : I think increase 0.5kg or 1kg again after starting working for few months cause I always sit in office ...my job is facing computer (no choice loh )...

Exercise : none ! ( where got time to exercise ???) sometimes only do some stretching when whole body or neck pain cause of lack of exercise mah :p

Inches : after delivered left 2 to 3 inches to get back pre-pregnancy inches if I remember correctly ! after that lost a little bit til now never measure again....haiz...lazy lah....(but can wear back most of my jean & long pants & skirt lah )

wah looks like all mummy here loss weight fast... here's mine

weight gain for whole pregnancy: 19kg (really overboard)

weight lost after 7 weeks: 14kg

Breastfeed: Only for 1 month

Still can't fit into my pants, thigh, butt and tummy still very big..arms also big..blouse some still cant wear...any1 have tips how to loss flabby arms and thigh and tummy?

Okies...coz I'm a SAHM and if I don't go out, it's just housework and that's it. So I need to get out in order to exercise, otherwise, lagi faster if put on weight.

Since I started yoga about a few weeks back, I noticed that I feel better and my muscles are getting back in shape. I still remember my first yoga class - everywhere was achy and such. It's a pity that I missed this week's class (flu) and will miss the weeks after Christmas till New Year (holiday) but one good thing - when I come back, I'll be taking two classes in a week! w00ts!!!

As for clothes, I can fit into my jeans but shirt wise, long time more to go coz even my HB remarked that my boobs have gotten bigger so hai, I can forget about wearing my work tops. Can't even button up across the boobs. :(

Weight Gained during pregnancy = 13kg

Weight lost during 1st 2 weeks of confinement = 14kg ( due to restricted food )

Weight is increasing now, gained 2-3kg since bb's full month... I ate n drank quite alot each time after breast pumping session.... i can eat two serves of chicken rice n stil not 100% full when breastfeeding... ppl said breastfeeding can loss weight but me gained weight as always feels hungry....

Started work this week... hoping i can loss more kg as i cannot simply go eat, must follow lunch break hrs.... unlike during maternity leave, eat non-stop at home...

Weight Gained during pregnancy = 9kg

weight lost after 2 weeks during confinement = 7kgs

weight lost after 3 weeks = ALL 9kgs

No time to exercise at all.. many things to do in and rush!!!

weight lost after 1 month = 1kg again

weight lost after again in d 2nd month = 2kgs that month

so far now in 3 months plus.. lost abt 5-6kgs from pre-pregnancy..

(p/s: i put on alot of weight prior getting pregnant, so now i just shed it off lor) now in d range of 53kgs

i still got small tummy though...that one only can go away after exercise.. so, that mean have to find a time to do exercise to shed it off lor

once started working, trying to cope with working life n pumping milk schedule.. lost another few kgs

wake up alot during midnite.. pumping every 3 hours exclusively in early stage.. really too tired, lucky now upgrade to 5hrs

i eat like nobody business.. i dont restrict myself when i stil breastfeeding..