smurf

How Fast Do You Lose The Weight You Gained During Pregnancy

Not all breastfeeding mothers loose weight. I am unfortunately one of them!! sigh! I think age plays a factor as well. My sis who is 4 years younger than me eats A LOTTT when she was breastfeeding (almost double my portion), and yet she looses weight super fast. 1 year after giving birth, she is back to her normal self, and her stomach is so trim and hard, no spare tyres....it is pretty amazing.

How can one loose weight when she's breastfeeding? Aren't they gotta eat alot to gain breast milk?

Eat a lot, burn a lot also

Not all breastfeeding mothers loose weight. I am unfortunately one of them!! sigh! I think age plays a factor as well. My sis who is 4 years younger than me eats A LOTTT when she was breastfeeding (almost double my portion), and yet she looses weight super fast. 1 year after giving birth, she is back to her normal self, and her stomach is so trim and hard, no spare tyres....it is pretty amazing.

How can one loose weight when she's breastfeeding? Aren't they gotta eat alot to gain breast milk?

Eat a lot, burn a lot also

so envy ur sis.................

Ya man - I tell her all the time. And she always say back to me that I need to watch my diet coz I still look like i'm preggie even after giving birth, tsk tsk :bruce:

My sis didn't have any stretch marks during her pregnancy...eventhough she hardly applies cream. My secretary told me that that is one of the signs - if one doesn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, can loose weight very fast. Can anyone else prove this theory?

Ya man - I tell her all the time. And she always say back to me that I need to watch my diet coz I still look like i'm preggie even after giving birth, tsk tsk :bruce:

My sis didn't have any stretch marks during her pregnancy...eventhough she hardly applies cream. My secretary told me that that is one of the signs - if one doesn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, can loose weight very fast. Can anyone else prove this theory?

:dash2::dash2: y this world so unfair!!!one of my friend oso got no stretch mark, she's very slim too, she got no tummy aft birth, but aft 1yrs ++, her tummy getting bigger lei....only her tummy...

Not fatty tummy after delivery but after a year only gets it? she ate alot?

:dash2::dash2: y this world so unfair!!!one of my friend oso got no stretch mark, she's very slim too, she got no tummy aft birth, but aft 1yrs ++, her tummy getting bigger lei....only her tummy...

yea, i hardly apply cream too. i didnt drink much water as well. i dont exercise as much as i wished to. but i had a very small tummy. i was still wearing all my regular tight clothings up till the 7th month. it was only when i was 7.5mth pregnant that i finally looked like a pregnant woman. then again, i continued to wear my normal looser/stretchable clothing.

all in all, i lost all the weight by the 8th month after my delivery. then i lost a lot of weight when my son turned 1 coz i came back to live in our own home. now i felt more toned up, before that, it was all flabby.

i didnt apply the palmer's on my butt and when i found out too late, yea there's a lil bit of stretch mark there. other than a wider navel, tummy's looking like how it used to be.

i guess i dont have the luxury of a maid, what im really trying to say.

:lol:

Not fatty tummy after delivery but after a year only gets it? she ate alot?

as wat i know, she very take care of her body figure 1, so dun think she eat alot..............

Erm, I don't have any stretch marks on my tummy & I did lose weight quite fast, not sure it's a coincidence or not.

Honestly, I feel breastfeeding & having no help at home contribute to the weight loss. Lose too much till look gaunt :/, not good. I ate like a horse but still ccan't put on weight but NOW, it's a different story. My milk production dropped a lot but I am still eating like a horse :s & I can see the pounds piling up & it all went to the butt & tummy area :(

janicelly, i was breastfeeding and I alone took care of my daughter in the first 6 months without any help...but I didn't loose the weight ler :(

do u control ur diet?for me i need to do a lottttttttttttttttttt of exercises.....if not...cnt c any results witout meal,n if i din take my dinner (only dinner)for 1wk, i can loose 1-2kgs/wk.

uniquesoul,

I got mine from Sunway Pyramid (Forest Secret).

Ally'sMom,

I am also taking care of my baby alone but no longer bf-ing and I still can't lose the weight. I don't eat much either. I don't have stretch mark on my tummy either but the weight is still there!

wow tinkerbelle! what's your secret-breastfeeding? you must have such a high metabolic rate. were you very small to begin with?

there's no secret-secret to b/feeding since much has been discussed in this forum. basically it's individual, my intake, my output, how much and often im "milked", my activities.

small is never a word to describe me. maybe past life or next life. but not current. haha.

i have not lost any, i think haha... so sad... but i hope to lost some weight be4 CNY 2011. pray hard hard... tot of trying leptin... hope it works... i actually dont expect myself to lose weight... cos i am really a big sized person since small... i lost 11kg for my wedding then i gained back again...

i dun hv any stretch marks during pregnancy n now i m like 2 kgs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. i lost all my pregnancy weight in less than 6 mths after giving birth. however, i do feel my hips r wider as i can't fit into some of my old working pants n working dresses anymore.

i used to hv high metabolism rate, but i think now it had slowed down. i kept myself busy with housework n exercises besides working full time n caring for my toddler boy. i monitored my food intake closely and only eat what i need. i guess by adhering to a strict self-discipline when it comes to food, it helps to keep the kilos away.

Basically I can fit into all my old clothes after 1 month delivery. However, thereafter keep losing weight gradually and in fact was 5 kg thinner than pre pregnancy weight. Look so thin and sickly at 43 kg. Cant even fit into my old clothes. They are too big and loose, except for the breast area which is a bit tight. I blame it all on exclusive breastfeeding and keep waking up a couple of times for night feeding.

Now that my son is already at 17 months, I have started to wean him off graduallya nd my milk supply is getting lesser. Hence, I have managed to increase my weight to 45 kg. So happy...... Hope to increase my weight to pre pregnancy weight which is at 48kg.