smilekoon

Bride-to-be for 2011

better to plan out your budget properly and make sure you book the wedding venue after you choose the right date..

Alicia

discuss this with my bf and we are planning to have our AD in 2011 ... date yet set but sometime before August/September and we are hoping to register maybe end of this year but then again all these have to go through the temple to check out dates and my bf have to propose 1st. Still alot of things to think about, find out n etc. It seems that everyone seems have to date set and so ready ... i'm like in ... no where LOL !

Hi skye,

Congratulations on your marriage! It's good to plan 1 yr ahead and now u hv plenty of time to think abt how the marriage would be. Me too using quite a long time since the ROM (I registered last yr) and initially wanna hv the reception this yr but seems like a bit too rush. So plan to hv it next yr. but I'm also hvnt set the date yet. aih..hv to do it earlier I guess and booked the reception venue before the prices all gone high.

Anyway, take your sweet time to plan your marriage!

thanks but everything still on hold la. so many things to do, we are just doing alot of research right now. me on the budget, checklist and him on diamond ring for proposal :P i still got a lot of things to learn from all of u who is like planning stage n implementing.

better to plan out your budget properly and make sure you book the wedding venue after you choose the right date..

Alicia

discuss this with my bf and we are planning to have our AD in 2011 ... date yet set but sometime before August/September and we are hoping to register maybe end of this year but then again all these have to go through the temple to check out dates and my bf have to propose 1st. Still alot of things to think about, find out n etc. It seems that everyone seems have to date set and so ready ... i'm like in ... no where LOL !

Hi skye,

Congratulations on your marriage! It's good to plan 1 yr ahead and now u hv plenty of time to think abt how the marriage would be. Me too using quite a long time since the ROM (I registered last yr) and initially wanna hv the reception this yr but seems like a bit too rush. So plan to hv it next yr. but I'm also hvnt set the date yet. aih..hv to do it earlier I guess and booked the reception venue before the prices all gone high.

Anyway, take your sweet time to plan your marriage!

thanks but everything still on hold la. so many things to do, we are just doing alot of research right now. me on the budget, checklist and him on diamond ring for proposal :P i still got a lot of things to learn from all of u who is like planning stage n implementing.

Hi Rachael,

Welcome!!! Congratulations!!

Mine is on 12022011!

Cheers!!!

Sheryl

Hi BTB 2011,

My AD is 26022011. Nice to meet you all :lol:

Dear all :

New member to this forum. Will be getting R.O.M on my birthday 20/10/2010. :wub:

Hope to get assitance over here as my family and FH's family first time run the "Big Day" of our life!

We still in the midst of looking around to have church wedding. Headache come in when wanna decide on our own "dream wedding" out of the traditional chinese sit down dinner but family side prefer to have it. :wacko:

missy may

hello ! welcome :) my rom date is on 1st Dec 2010

my side is clashes between the old and new traditions LOL in laws parent is more modern n dont mind anything n prefer simplicity.

my side of family is more old fashion (parents are older) and mum is very difficult to handle :P

missy may

my side is clashes between the old and new traditions LOL in laws parent is more modern n dont mind anything n prefer simplicity.

my side of family is more old fashion (parents are older) and mum is very difficult to handle :P

My side more less like you... in laws modern, leave everything to us, my daddy side is traditional yet willing to cut down a lot of rules... only ask for a dinner + dowry... sigh....ideas clashes when one side wish to have romantic wedding in hotel or sth not that conventional, my daddy side pulak prefer to have wedding dinner in chinese restaurant... :dash2:

missy may

My side more less like you... in laws modern, leave everything to us, my daddy side is traditional yet willing to cut down a lot of rules... only ask for a dinner + dowry... sigh....ideas clashes when one side wish to have romantic wedding in hotel or sth not that conventional, my daddy side pulak prefer to have wedding dinner in chinese restaurant... :dash2:

ahh yea my fiance is thinking of romantic wedding and i'm more the simple kind LOL ! Sometimes I wish things can be easier when it comes to wedding

Haha...same as mine, my in law side did said don't need to follow tradition tat much but ending up, this tat this tat...

my family is simple as we are christian. but I stand firm on my decision. Earlier said no need follow tradition means no need, just simple chut mun with tea ceremony n memorable wedding dinner enough. It's my wedding after all...it will be in my memory forever so it's my decision! If they want it that way and this way, go marry once more and have it that way...haha i may sound so difficult n demanding but these are all advices from my cousins and seniors whom are married with experienced.

Haha...same as mine, my in law side did said don't need to follow tradition tat much but ending up, this tat this tat...

my family is simple as we are christian. but I stand firm on my decision. Earlier said no need follow tradition means no need, just simple chut mun with tea ceremony n memorable wedding dinner enough. It's my wedding after all...it will be in my memory forever so it's my decision! If they want it that way and this way, go marry once more and have it that way...haha i may sound so difficult n demanding but these are all advices from my cousins and seniors whom are married with experienced.

dashyat... the way you say really like my FH... :wink: after going through some complications + extra effort in communication to my parents.. Thanks God... they are willing to give me free will to do my own wedding... :cheers:

:cheers:

to our memorable wedding!!! all our decision once a lifetime for our lifetime!!

yeah!!

cheers!!

dashyatnya all these daughter in laws...hahhaa... :tongue:

yeah!!

cheers!!

Dear Sheryl and all zi muis:

That's the Girl's power...

I am planning on church wedding in the morning. In the evening, i will have my light reception at a cosy place / a club house (yet to decide the venue)

Now, i rather confuse how to tell people that i will be having a reception as the following style:

• light cocktail will be served to our guest, we expects lots of mingling and interaction throughout the night
  • Pianist to play Jazz music at earlier session
  • Invite 3 piece band / DJ to play hot music at later session
  • A dance floor for our 1st dance - Waltz / Rumba / Cha Cha (not sure aunty and uncle will enjoy it or not :wub: )
  • Food will be served in Buffet-style - means my guest need to queqe ans get their own food.
May i know what is the right term to use when i address my wedding reception above ? Especially in telling ppl or get it printed on the card, so that my guest will not think that this is a "cheapskate" kind of dinner?? :wacko3:

hi all bride to be.

i have package from Eminent France Taipei Loke Yew need to be transfer.

i have down payment RM 1,5K but i sell them only RM 1,2K ( nego for serious )

the package from EFT can be change with any package avaiable at EFT.

yesterday, i sign up with the package of place of golden horses

thank you very much

email me : vira_chua@hotmail.com

thank you, and congrats for your wedding. ^^

missy may,

wow your wedding sounds really cozy ! nice ! I seriously have no idea what to call that as this is rather unusual.

hkeaixuan,

welcome to the forum and congrats ! u gotten your dates so fast ... did u go to those dates reader ?

Hi all!

Anybody planning to ROM on 11.11.11 here? Hehe :wub:

missy may, I really love your idea of wedding dinner! Would so love to do it that way too, but I think my grandma will object, cos I'm the eldest grandchild, sure she'll expect my FH to organize a "grand" chinese-style wedding dinner :unsure:

And buffets are cheaper!! :rolleyes:

I am having similar reception, so what I did I told a auntie of mine who is like "radio bergerak" to my family members. She actually told them its like a cocktail party they see on those chinese TVB series, where people walk around with talk glasses. :tongue:

yeah!!

cheers!!

I am planning on church wedding in the morning. In the evening, i will have my light reception at a cosy place / a club house (yet to decide the venue)

Now, i rather confuse how to tell people that i will be having a reception as the following style:

• light cocktail will be served to our guest, we expects lots of mingling and interaction throughout the night
  • A dance floor for our 1st dance - Waltz / Rumba / Cha Cha (not sure aunty and uncle will enjoy it or not :wub: )
  • Food will be served in Buffet-style - means my guest need to queqe ans get their own food.
May i know what is the right term to use when i address my wedding reception above ? Especially in telling ppl or get it printed on the card, so that my guest will not think that this is a "cheapskate" kind of dinner?? :wacko3:

I am having similar reception, so what I did I told a auntie of mine who is like "radio bergerak" to my family members. She actually told them its like a cocktail party they see on those chinese TVB series, where people walk around with talk glasses. :tongue:

yeah!!

cheers!!

missy may,

wow your wedding sounds really cozy ! nice ! I seriously have no idea what to call that as this is rather unusual.

hkeaixuan,

welcome to the forum and congrats ! u gotten your dates so fast ... did u go to those dates reader ?

Hi Skye,

Yup the date was choosen based on my bf & my chinese D.O.B and time.

Anyone from Johor who has already sign up for the BS package??? I already sign up mine @ Inspiration but i kinda worry the pics would not look good

yeah!!

cheers!!

Cheerystar,

Yeah, it's not everyone could accept this kind of reception :lol: Btw, the buffet not cheap … the price close to hotel banquet :cool:

Hi Jessytay:

May I know what is the wording that you printed on the invitation card ? do you mentioned something like "You are cordially invited to attend our "cocktail reception" / "buffet dinner" ?

Hi all....

I;m BTB for year 2011 too....but too bad coz sept 2011 chinese calender date is not out yet..coz we planning to make it on sept 2011.

without the AD really everything cant be done...hmmm... :angry:

Yaya, nothing much can be done. I'm also waiting for the chinese calendar to be released. I'm bride-to-be for Nov '11. Congrats to all bride-to-be for 2011...give me 555!!! :cool:

missy may, oh ya i just found out that buffets are not cheap either! But my FH don't like the idea.. he said people will be confused on whether to give ang pao or not wor.. and he said will definitely receive less ang pao and can't cover cost liao :wacko:

yeah!!

cheers!!

I had the similar wedding too, minus the band. For the reception, we just put it there as 'Cocktail, Dinner & Dance', this is a very common term used in any event