smilekoon

Bride-to-be for 2011

choupiku,

thank you :) luckily i dont wear high heels (only highest ever is on my wedding day)

Oh regarding of your ROM, i understand there is an express ROM in JPN as well its called "special marriage license" you might want to check with JPN for it too.

JPN.KC01C (Special Marriage License without Declaration and 21 days Notice)-RM100.00

Validity period of JPN.KC01C and JPN.KC01E Licenses is one month from the date of approval.

For application of the Special Marriage License (JPN.KC01C), the requirement of residing in the marriage district for a period of 7 days is EXEMPTED and the marriage should be solemnised within a period of not more than one month from the date of approval of the application.

Hello All,

Congrats to those who had their wedding already! It's already June, seems like time flies so fast this year.

It's 1 year to my wedding, and i'm suddenly feeling so 'kan cheong'. Feels as if i've not done enough. :tongue:

Anyone felt the same before their AD?

What i've done so far is:

Guest list: Done!

Venue: If everything goes well, will be paying deposit end of next week.

Church: Met the priest and submitted forms, now waiting to attend the pre-marital counseling (CMPC)

ROM: Can't set a date yet, as i'm waiting for CMPC first. Feel as if this will be another headache. Thinking of doing it in my hometown since my AD is in KL. To make my parents not so left out. Will there be a hassle if i go through those private registrars? Bf is from kl.

Wedding dress: Went 1 round of gown hunting. Found a gown i love for rent, but maybe will go other boutiques first and get a quote for MTM.

MUA: Shortlisted the ones i like, will arrange for trial after i confirm my venue

PG & VG: Getting quotations. My favourite PG is too expensive.

Flowers: Thinking to DIY. What you girls think?

Wedding ring: Picked out, deciding to buy or not

Pre-wed photos: Deciding to take or not, and where and which PG

Sorry for ranting, but i needed to talk it out. Feels much better after listing everything down. :happy:

Hot-choc,

If my memory doesn't fail me, I think I sent quotation to your before? If not, let me know if I can help you on the photography stuff.

Hello All,

Congrats to those who had their wedding already! It's already June, seems like time flies so fast this year.

It's 1 year to my wedding, and i'm suddenly feeling so 'kan cheong'. Feels as if i've not done enough. :tongue:

Church: Met the priest and submitted forms, now waiting to attend the pre-marital counseling (CMPC)

ROM: Can't set a date yet, as i'm waiting for CMPC first. Feel as if this will be another headache. Thinking of doing it in my hometown since my AD is in KL. To make my parents not so left out. Will there be a hassle if i go through those private registrars? Bf is from kl.

Wedding dress: Went 1 round of gown hunting. Found a gown i love for rent, but maybe will go other boutiques first and get a quote for MTM.

MUA: Shortlisted the ones i like, will arrange for trial after i confirm my venue

Sorry for ranting, but i needed to talk it out. Feels much better after listing everything down. :happy:

skye

I think what you are going through is normal lor. Just try to relax and not overwork/overstress yourself. Make sure you eat more nutritious food and cut down on the bad stuff. I'm sure you'll be a great mom and have a healthy baby! :smile:

choupiku

How come your FH has to get a special form? I am also from Taiping but getting married in Klang Valley. Do you mind to explain a bit regarding this form?

Hello All,

wow, hot-choc looks like you've done a lot! i just had my ROM last saturday and haven't gone into the guest list yet...you still have a lot of time :lol: take it easy as it looks like you've done a lot of ground work already

Hi JohnPoh,

I don't think you've sent me your quote before. Perhaps you could drop me an email.

I'm looking for a photographer who is good at capturing those candid moments.

Congrats mysticmel! How's your preparation so far?

I have emailed to you. I suggest you remove your email in this post so that you don't receive spam from invalid sources.

Hi JohnPoh,

I don't think you've sent me your quote before. Perhaps you could drop me an email at louich[at]gmail[dot]com.

Hi JohnPoh,

I don't think you've sent me your quote before. Perhaps you could drop me an email.

i think everything is still on track..only hb is a bit panic cos he feel like a lot of things not done yet :wink: ..still got some loose ends to tie..haven't gone for food tasting yet, not done with pre nuptial inquiry, car deco, church deco..omg the list is getting like longer if i count out like this! :wacko:

Hi christinew,

It wasnt really a special form, just an additional form for him to say that he was born in a different state.

Thats why have to get the Comm of Aoth to stamp proof it.

Its not a standard form from JPN, just from the temple (i think) coz it did not have those form numbers also.

Where r u ROM-ing? :)

quote name='christinew' date='Jun 23 2011, 01:22 PM' post='380873']

skye

I think what you are going through is normal lor. Just try to relax and not overwork/overstress yourself. Make sure you eat more nutritious food and cut down on the bad stuff. I'm sure you'll be a great mom and have a healthy baby! :smile:

choupiku

How come your FH has to get a special form? I am also from Taiping but getting married in Klang Valley. Do you mind to explain a bit regarding this form?

Hi skye - yup i did ask about this form, but the officer dont recommend coz they feel it should be a strong reason and this has to be forwarded to the Ketua Pengarah for his approval.

Thats why i'm not doing it this way.

Anyway, there's the 21 waiiting days only if ROM in JPN office.

If in religous places like temple or church, its up to their availability.

Thanks dear

choupiku,

thank you :) luckily i dont wear high heels (only highest ever is on my wedding day)

Oh regarding of your ROM, i understand there is an express ROM in JPN as well its called "special marriage license" you might want to check with JPN for it too.

JPN.KC01C (Special Marriage License without Declaration and 21 days Notice)-RM100.00

Validity period of JPN.KC01C and JPN.KC01E Licenses is one month from the date of approval.

For application of the Special Marriage License (JPN.KC01C), the requirement of residing in the marriage district for a period of 7 days is EXEMPTED and the marriage should be solemnised within a period of not more than one month from the date of approval of the application.

Hi Coupiku!

I will be ROM-ing at the morning church ceremony in Subang, most likely..

I still have not gone to JPN to go and check out all the legal stuff. HAIZ....

Hi christinew,

It wasnt really a special form, just an additional form for him to say that he was born in a different state.

Thats why have to get the Comm of Aoth to stamp proof it.

Its not a standard form from JPN, just from the temple (i think) coz it did not have those form numbers also.

Where r u ROM-ing? :)

hot-choc, christinew, Robbie,

Thank you ! its confirm :) I'm pregnant ! At this moment only family members know about this and you all here. Excited and feels odd the same time as I just done with the wedding not too long ago ... now this. totally unexpected.

Robbie,

My AD was in 22nd may :) but we ROM last year end. I had my women instinct that tells me something is "not right" and i need to do test.

Wow! Skye, been a while since I log in and I'm so haaapppy for you. I heard fr the older generation that its really good luck to get pregnant as soon as you married and double good luck as since its a dragon baby :cheers: . Thanks for sharing with us here. Hugs to you. :biggrin:

Pat Ong

Thanks ! My hubby's 2 grandma 1st thing is call me "good girl" LOL ! typical right.

Hope everything goes well still trying to get adjusted to all the changes in my body right now.

choupiku,

good at least you can go through via religious place. Didnt know they didnt require the 21 days there :) was it more expensive ?

it looks like you got most of the things covered by now :)

yup, gotto pay rm90 to temple, not including the other one to jpn during submission

but now gotto cross fingers that my plan goes according to the PLAN.

lol

wish me luck!

choupiku,

good at least you can go through via religious place. Didnt know they didnt require the 21 days there :) was it more expensive ?

it looks like you got most of the things covered by now :)

long time no drop in here liau~

choupiku<-- ur from taiping :D

high five

wanna ask about the flemington food and price. can share share?

Hi All,

It's been sometime since I drop in this thread too.

How is everybody doing here? Especially brides-to-be in November as mine?

I'm looking for very budgeted door gift. Approx 700 pax. Is DIY possible? Need advices please.

Thanks.

Dovey,

for 700 pcs it wont be easy to DIY as it will take up alot of your time unless you do it now so that you dont have to worry about it then. What do you have in mind or what are the rejected ideas ?

I know some couple loves to give chopsticks, soap and cookies.

Thanks Skye,

Basically no rejected ideas as long as if possible to meet budget lower than RM500 for 700pax. possible?

I have gone and asked Flemington before ... their published rates are RM398++, RM468++, RM538++ & RM988++ for 10 pax.

RM398++

- Five Hot & Cold Combinations

- Braised Sharks Fins with Crab Meat & Dry Scallop

- Steamed Salted Chicken with Chinese Herbal

- Pan Fried Prawn wtih Salt & Pepper

- Fried Assorted Vegetable Delight

- Steamed Red Snapper with Chef Sauce

- Lotus Leaf Rice

- Sweet Double Delight

They will also provide as complimentary items

- Cake cutting ceremony

- 2 bottles Sparkling Juice (for 20 tables and above)

- 6 invitations per table (for 20 tables and above)

- Guest Book (for 20 tables and above)

- Door Gifts (T&C applies)

- 1 night stay at Flemington Hotel on Wedding Night (for 30 tables and above)

- Projector, LCD TV

- Basic Decorations for Reception Table & Stage

- Special Decoration for Main Table

- Wedding Arch

- Grant Wedding March & First Course Food Presentation

- 50% Food tasting (for 30 tables and above)

- Free Food tasting (for 40 tables and above)

- RM13/soft drink bottle

- RM12/ beer bottle

- RM13/ stout bottle

- No corkage for wine & hard liquor but hotel won't provide waiter to serve the alcohol

This is the info from the brochure I took in April 2011! :)

Better call 05-820 7777 to comfirm. Website: http://www.flemingtonhotel.com.my

high five

Hi yahiko - i'm from kl, but marrying to a taiping boy :)

flemington's food quality so far so good, coz we dine there each time that we're back there.

price for the wedding packages are from RM400++ onwards.

just something which i still find weird is that they wont serve chinese tea, but only have 3 bottles of water+softdrinks on each table.

nevertheless, i solved it already. ehhee :p

when is yours?

Hi christine - yup this is correct, but you left out the part that "chinese tea is not served"

lol

btw, i'm looking for florist contacts in taiping. any to intro?

Thanks

high five

Dovey,

$0.70 per piece averagely... hmm if you want to DIY.. i would suggest

- print out photo and make it as a bookmark of some sort.

- make your own cupcakes

if buy

- Wooden paperclip

- chopsticks

morning all,

my wedding not so fast wan la... currently surveying ~ planing to book next year for 2013 wedding (if possible)

you mean the flemington no provide free flow juice? ( with waiter serving the drink? )

thanks anyway~will take into note :p