smilekoon

Bride-to-be for 2011

Wah! I didn't know that chinese tea is not served. I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the brochure! Must have missed it...

Regarding florist, I also have not surveyed as my mom is now thinking maybe no need to do anything in Taiping.. waiting for her to make up her mind! :smile:

Hi yahiko - i'm from kl, but marrying to a taiping boy :)

flemington's food quality so far so good, coz we dine there each time that we're back there.

price for the wedding packages are from RM400++ onwards.

just something which i still find weird is that they wont serve chinese tea, but only have 3 bottles of water+softdrinks on each table.

nevertheless, i solved it already. ehhee :p

when is yours?

Hi christine - yup this is correct, but you left out the part that "chinese tea is not served"

lol

btw, i'm looking for florist contacts in taiping. any to intro?

Thanks

long time no drop in here liau~

choupiku<-- ur from taiping :D

high five

wanna ask about the flemington food and price. can share share?

i'm officially tired and stressed! :(

was writing my invitation cards, then realised i'm short of 60 pieces (I DIYed my own invitations alongside with the ones from the restaurant).

Rasa mau muntah liao.

christine : yup chinese tea not provided. read the fine lines properly.

aiyo...is it bad enough when the bride is counting down in weeks??

I got 9 more weeks to go and so many things not done.....yaiks!!

choupiku (heheh...what a funny name in Mandarin :lol: ) ...It's good that your wedding is in Marco Polo.

I have fond memories of that place eating Tim Sum regularly with my parents many years ago.

i'm officially tired and stressed! :(

was writing my invitation cards, then realised i'm short of 60 pieces (I DIYed my own invitations alongside with the ones from the restaurant).

Rasa mau muntah liao.

christine : yup chinese tea not provided. read the fine lines properly.

aiyo...is it bad enough when the bride is counting down in weeks??

I got 9 more weeks to go and so many things not done.....yaiks!!

Don't worry too much about the cards... I notice that there are some friends just too far away for me to deliver the cards, and they didn't mind the slightest to receive just an email or FB invite :lol:

(Not like they'll keep the cards as souvenir, most people will just throw it into recycle bin once the event is over...)

amanda angels & Dovey - thank you babes :) i saja create this nickname (and i wanted something weird n funny..hahaha)

LoveGarfied: FB invite worked so-so only..thats why la i think need to give them invite.

So decided to create another one...so i oledi did 3 times printing, cutting and folding :P

choupiku

glad that everything has sorted out... dont worry everything will turn out ok ! it'll be a beautiful day for you i'm sure

anyone getting married tomolo, 9 july 2011? hope everything will be fine, with all the rally, road blocks and road closures......good luck ya!

nope

july only have the below :

July Brides :

synkronize ~ 23 July 2011

celeneyyl ~ 23 July 2011

dont forget its going to be 7th month in the chinese calendar (or it is already) so alot of people will avoid this month.

8 more weeks! argh...

now need to distribute invites.

btw, any advise when it comes to ordering flowers?

i should meet up with my photographers and mua rites?

choupiku

i didnt meet up with my photographers and MUA as I already had my trial with my MUA before confirming her so there is no need.

i ordered my bouquet of flowers through phone just let her know what i'm wearing and trust her to match it with her creativity :D

have fun with the invites :)

8 more weeks! argh...

now need to distribute invites.

btw, any advise when it comes to ordering flowers?

i should meet up with my photographers and mua rites?

i briefed my pg,vg and mua to finalise things within 1 week b4 the wedding.

for MUA: to confirm hair and skin condition, hair style, accessories, theme..as long as let them know bridesmaid dress, mum's dress and what to prepare.

for VG n PG: i met them at the venue itself. it's good to let them view the venue before your wedding so they know what to prepare.

1~2 weeks before: i sent my vendors, helpers, sisters and friends the detail schedule via email: what, where (maps n GPS), when and who to contact if don't know the way.

for flowers (car, bridal bouquet, corsage) i ordered 1 ~ 2 weeks before, but add order for corsages 3-4 days before the wedding. things went well.

wow.. have not check in here in a long time..

Skye, how did your wedding go?

Choupiku, one thing at a time.. delegate as much as you can...

my wedding is in less than 3 weeks.. have delegate most of the things to my bridesmaid and my gfs whom are helping me..

now me just waiting for the rsvps to come in by the end of this week then i can start making arrangements with the hotel..

my guestlist has burst from 300 max to almost 340pax now (thanks to my in laws!!!)

havent started to feel the panic yet haha!

Dont worry.. and good luck!

jessm,

everything went great !

the morning was fun and tons of great laughter during the picking up bride session especially the games we played is mostly fun games. Everyone enjoyed it alot.

it was wonderful night to spend with family & friends just wish the night was longer LOL with all the make up/gown changes it takes up alot of time and before you know it ... the night has ended.

surprisingly things was a breeze on that day with certain people handling family members, chi mui handling friends it make things easier :)

jessm,

everything went great !

the morning was fun and tons of great laughter during the picking up bride session especially the games we played is mostly fun games. Everyone enjoyed it alot.

it was wonderful night to spend with family & friends just wish the night was longer LOL with all the make up/gown changes it takes up alot of time and before you know it ... the night has ended.

surprisingly things was a breeze on that day with certain people handling family members, chi mui handling friends it make things easier :)

If anyone need florist contact in Penang, I tried this guy before Micheal. He is quite good n he manage to get me the calla lily that I wanted. his contact is 0122352106. For costume jewelery rental, I got my vintage piece on rental from Yvonne and her contact is 012 2969169. Good luck..

ANyway if anyone thinking of having dinner in Bangsar Seafood Village, pls go try the food before you confirm, the service is good but the food is not. Do not place your order first then try the food as you are not allow to change except for the type of cooking or so.

Good luck..

Dear Member,

Please be aware of this NICK CINEMATOGRAPHER OR HAPPINESS ADVERTISING STUDIO, He is a freelance photographer.

1/ No responsibility

2/ Not professional

3/ Like to break promises

4/ No Service after $ collected

5/ Photo album will not delivery as what he promise :dash2: (Album will be ready by 1 month ) BULL Shit

Please be advice, Do not engage with his lousy service. If you don't listen my advise you will regret like me and suffer like me.

For those who had pay me some deposit for his service, please don't pay him the balance until your album is ready to collect.

Just for you info my wedding is somewhere around last year end. But until today i don't receive anything from him.

Call him dare not pick up call. :sauer2: . So how to communicate with him.

Responding to Fat Fat Girl on Nick CINEMATOGRAPHER OR HAPPINESS ADVERTISING STUDIO - OMG!!

I signed up for his photography service... last 2 months ago...

I will be married by end of this year...

jessm,

everything went great !

Hi Skye

Good to know that everything went smoothly..

Im a nervous wreck.. trying to chill but finding it very hard!!

hi girls! i haven't checked this page for quite a while...so many things posted since the last time i came here!

jessm, congrats your big day is coming soon! it seems just like not long ago when we first started to get ready for the big day huh?

good to know that almost all your things are going to be complete :lol:

We are still available on the following dates. Send your inquiry to us. :)

Sep - 3rd,4th, 17th, 18th

Oct - 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th

Nov - 19th

Dec - 10th, 11th

FB Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/JohnPohPhotography

FB Fanpage gallery: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=128257173329

(Feel free to visit albums "Wedding Portrait, Engagement, Prewedding", "Wedding Ceremony" and "Wedding Reception"). FB Old gallery: http://www.facebook.com/johnpoh#!/phot...p?id=1385880316

SignatureWeddingsAsia:

http://signatureweddings.asia/wedding-know...hotography.html

Hi all,

It's been a while after my last log in. Just change to new job and it's really soooo busy..Feel so lucky that I actually start preparing my wedding long time ago..haha

Skye - Congrats!! it's such a good news. Hope you are coping well with your pregnancy now =)

Yahiko - Me also marrying Taiping boy like choupiku. hehe.. We also considered Flemmington hotel before, but in the end didn't sign up with them cause the feedback from friends and family are not very positive. And then we wanted to book STL trader (hmm..is it STL? or TSL? haha i don't remember anymore) but they are not available anymore. So in the end we book Soon Lee instead. Have been to Soon Lee for a few friends' wedding dinner and I think that the food there are not bad. And the staff are helpful too. Their main hall is quite spacious. Probably you can go and survey too.

Choupiku - hmm..I only know there's a flower shop at Taiping market there. If you found a florist can share with me too? thanks ya

Dovey - Hello I am the november bride too. So far my progression seems slow as I am too busy with my new job. wanted to start sending out invitation to my friends for bride's reception on Oct but I have no time to go back to home town to collect my invitation cards at all -_-||| in the end only sent out e-invites to close friends first. haha. And I have yet find the songs and music for the wedding too...and the childhood video also not out yet..haha..really like much slower than my schedule..What about you? how's your preparation?

Hi qzeam,

Mine not better than yours too. Just done my 'tai chan', chose wedding photo & not yet finalised the layout.

Invitation cards not ready yet too. Guest list still in progress.

Songs & music haven't touch yet.

Just completed save-the-date card which i want to give to outstation friends and relatives.

Wedding door gift not yet confirm too.

qzeam,

Thanks ! I'm ok and just stepped into my 10th weeks now :)

how's things coming along for you for your wedding ?