pling_f

Getting back all softcopy from BS

Hi.I'm a newbie here.

I know that wedding photographer will return all soft copies of our pre-wedding or AD.

Is it true that BS will only give those amount that are in the package only? For example 30 plus pics for a 2k package?

Hi.I'm a newbie here.

I know that wedding photographer will return all soft copies of our pre-wedding or AD.

Is it true that BS will only give those amount that are in the package only? For example 30 plus pics for a 2k package?

Yes, it's true that BS only provide what's been promised in the package. If u want to keep more, there'll be a separate charge. On the other hand, AD photographers will return all photos. If u have extra time after the 'chut mun' session, the photographer might even take extra poses at nicer spots. For example, in the park/ garden / playground / building. It will look like pre-wedding photos.

Hi pling_f,

Most of the BS will only return the softcopy of the number of photos in your package and ask u to add more photos. By adding the photos, they get to earn more commissions.

I only know 1 BS that return ALL softcopy of pre-wedding photos and they are in high resolutions. That will be the BS that I have chosen >> Armadale.

That is the 1 of the MAIN reason I signed up with Armadale.

Alternative, you can get a freelancer and take your pre-wedding photoshoots. But you need to get your own gown and MUA.

I got back ALL my pre-wed softcopies back from BS too (My BS is in Ipoh), raw file (but they burned both raw format and JPEG format for us in the end in CDs), high resolution and unlocked format.

But I did bargain for all these before I signing up the package with them and written black and white on the invoice.

Most BS will only return those photos you hv selected for your album FOC. If want to take back all softcopies, need to pay $$.

I got back ALL my pre-wed softcopies back from BS too (My BS is in Ipoh), raw file (but they burned both raw format and JPEG format for us in the end in CDs), high resolution and unlocked format.

But I did bargain for all these before I signing up the package with them and written black and white on the invoice.

Most BS will only return those photos you hv selected for your album FOC. If want to take back all softcopies, need to pay $.

Oh..I'll try to check out your BS, cause I'm in Ipoh too. It's LV right?

I have considered AD photographer, but I need to source for my own gown and everything, plus it's much more expensive in the end compared to BS. sigh. I still like AD photography style though. They look natural

My BS also returned all the softcopy to me... at 1st they say cannot, but after come to choose photo, they said will give me back all the softcopy FOC...don't know y??? haha!!

But I think nows a day a lot of BS also return the sofycopy to their client. maybe because of competiton gua...

My BS gave us in JPEG Format only when we PURCHASED the softcopy? Is this always the case or should we fight for raw file? The JPEG file size avergae about 3MB only and they said it's unlocked. I'm not sure if this file size is of any use to print bigger frames. Thanks.

Melaka - Ideal Bridal at 38 Melaka Raya has been promoting their business in local ads.

The promo may seem good bargain but not worth it when it comes to quality, service and professionalism.

Lack of new dress, unfulfilled promises, unprofessional photo-shoot, twist and turn words against us, delays.

-Unhappy Client

My BS gave us in JPEG Format only when we PURCHASED the softcopy? Is this always the case or should we fight for raw file? The JPEG file size avergae about 3MB only and they said it's unlocked. I'm not sure if this file size is of any use to print bigger frames. Thanks.

Better ask for raw file. If they insisted only provide JPEG, then 3MB per photo will look very pixelized when enlarged.

i return JPG to my customer and i keep the RAW as raw are very huge to burn into DVD,with latest D4 model come out we'll have storage concern lol

Yes it is very frustrating having to 'nego' for the soft copy of YOUR OWN photos.

I have had bridal houses saying only can give 100 softcopy FOC from 300 photos they let us choose. Is this the norm? They seem very very reluctant when we ask them for it too.

Also they will only return in JPEG format. How do we know how much resolution is enough to blow up the photo ?

haih ... seriously frustrating

I have mine one returning all original soft copies. :) I heard some of my friends, said even their BS returning softcopies to them, but only in low resolution, only can display it in FB. If you print that photo using that soft copies, not so nice!