Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Home feng shui?

Home feng shui?   8 votes

1. 1. Would you spend for good feng shui for your home?

• Absolutely yes!
    • If I can afford it, why not?
    • Maybe.
    • No. I don't believe in feng shui.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My MIL believes in feng shui very much. Every year, she would hire the same feng shui master to analyse our houses (without our consent). And it's NOT cheap! Through last 3 years' experiences, some of the advices given were effective! This year however, my husband doesn't allow the feng shui master to come to our house and he got in a bit of an argument with my MIL. He said he doesn't want the feng shui master to dictate his life and career from then onwards. But, I think it is also because my husband has changed the main grill gate to a picket fence (with side door). He is extremely defensive with his DIY 'masterpiece'. I think that's the main reason why he doesn't want the feng shui master to come - in case the master tells him to reinstall back the gate.

My questions are:

1) Should I stop believing in feng shui and advise my MIL to do the same too? (Not sure how to do that as she is stubborn!)

2) What if the new picket fence will bring bad luck to us?

I don't like to have this uninvited 'fear' of feng shui in my mind.

Posted · Report post

I also quite believed in Feng Shui, I bought lots of Feng Shui book (Mandarin and English). Basically, there are two school of feng shui. Each of them have their own believed in some points.

For my own believed and after read the books, my own opinion is some Feng Shui master just want to earn money by asking ppl buy this and that, so called can increase wealth. In real, Feng Shui does not ask people to buy anything, its related with "CHI", which means if you feel comfortable and relax staying in a house, then your "CHI" is positive. A gate does not affect Feng Shui, unless u feel not comfortable when u see the gate.

Most of the English Feng Shui book translate from Mandarin, so I do feel the meaning sometimes is bit different with the Chinese meaning. I read a Feng Shui book from Japan Author, the theory is totally different with China Feng Shui.

Every year the flying starts will "fly" to different sector, for those believed in Feng Shui, just to take note there are 3 sector not suitable to have renovation, sector is Grand Jupiter, Three Killing and Five Yellow.

Above is just my own opinion.

Posted · Report post

Hi

Is you feng shui master really very effective? I'm thinking abt getting a feng shui master to look at my place.

May I know how much it cost you per session? Can you provide the contact number of this feng shui master?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

I vote for "maybe"

I believe in home fengshui to some extent. Some of the fenghsui guidelines like "dont place mirror opposite to your bed, which will make u ill" do have some scientific/ logic explainations. i believe in this one. and i do practise.

However, if one tells me i shouldnt face this direction because there is bad luck star at this direction....or i should put a toad at this direction or keep an aquarium in that direction...etc. i will ignore. afterall, i dont understand this and i dont think it makes sense to me.

yes, once u let the fengshui master to "consult" and u will feel bad or worry if u dont follow advices. do things u feel comfortable with

Posted · Report post

suevian,

Thanks for ur explaination! I believe in feng shui too but also fear being cheated. I'm still confused about the sectors that you've mentioned about Grand Jupiter, Three Killing and Five Yellow. How do I find out?

The feng shui master told us not to use the gate or else, a third party will appear in our marriage. And he also advised us to paint it red, maroon or purple (yucks!). So, when my HB & I didn't follow this, my MIL bought the paint and insisted to paint it herself if we still refuse. My HB was outstation then. I've no choice but to take the paint from her and painted it myself (don't want to hurt her feelings). When my HB returned home, he scolded me for listening to his mom and painted the gate maroon. As a result, he removed the gate, threw it and installed a wooden fence to replace the gate. It has a side door. He painted it all white. I feel uneasy. Don't know why!

kirsten2004,

I can't provide u the contact because he is my MIL's friend and I've to get the contact from her. I don't want to encourage her about feng shui. He is from Johor and seldom go to KL.

Posted · Report post

everything in moderation lo.... my hb believes in feng shui (n other superstitions) a bit too much for my liking... mum n grandma's influence... got into a huge argument when he wanted to paint the house a different color each compartment.. eg. light yellow in living, dining apple green, room 1 slightly dark green, room 2 blue, room 3 brown, kitchen pink.... i felt that that the house looked like a kindergarten... i relented aat last coz he was really so into it... still think the house is too colorful lo:)

Posted · Report post

in fact, I do not believe feng shui, but my families believe that

Posted · Report post

Hi all, it seems like a lot of people are into feng shui nowadays. I've also just bought a condo which was nicely renovated by the previous owner, hence me and my other half have agreed not to get a feng shui master to look at our new home as it's already renovated nicely and it's no point to bring a master back and re-do everything and if you believe in it and you will have to follow what it says if not you won't feel comfy.

Recently, i have also came across this thing called Kechara Wealth Vases and this wealth vases is powerful in attracting wealth energies and increase and they confer blessing for us to attain inner wealth and outer wealth.I find it actually quite good and i am planning to invite one of the Kechara Wealth Vases to my new home when i move in.

Maybe if anyone of you would like to know more you may refer to Kechara website as per this link. It's just sharing as i think it's also alternative for feng shui.

http://www.kechara.com/shopping/products/wealth/wealth-vases/

Posted · Report post

For those who want to know more about FengShui or need some consultation service, you may look for this Master, refer below link to explore his unique FengShui methods.  

https://www.facebook.com/mittola181