Jane Chung

Feedback - Ivory Romance Bridal House

Hi gals,

Would like to share the experience on our pre-wedding photo at Ivory Romance Bridal House, hope this will help for those who are looking for reliable bridal house.

Me and hubby have signed up with Ivory romance for pre-wedding photo in year 2008 during bridal fair in Mid Valley.

There are so many nice and competitive bridal house, and after a few survey, we have decided to sign with Ivory Romance.

The validity of the package was 3 years. Therefore, we have just had our photo shooting in January 2010. To avoid any dispute, please understand the package before paying any deposit and get everything to be written on paper black & white. Understand in detail what does the package include and what is the measurement you are taking. Take for example, 21 posts meaning your album consists of 21 photos but not necessary in 21 pages.

During trial of gowns, there are new designer dress and 90% new dress condition. Of course, the brand new designer dresses will be the most ideal choice as always.

I have my budget, and planned not to take up the brand new designer dress due there are plenty choice of 90% new dresses.

However, I have changed my mind and of course with hubby's agreement, I have taken up 1 designer dress for my outdoor shooting (which still within budget) after a few trial :)

The sales coordinators are helpful during the trial and give constructive feedback.

Days before shooting day, they will make gentle reminder on photo shooting preparation and stuff required to bring / you can purchase at their studio as well. For convenience, we have purchased from studio.

On photo shooting day, will have professional make up artist to do make up for us and will ask if we like the make up she put. There were many accessories in their studio which can easily match with the dresses and make up. We can request to change if we do not like the design or matching.

There are professional photographer and assistant will guide us how to post, smile and look good in the photos. The quantity of the photos are not many for the same design as they focused on 'quality' shot but not quantity.

During the photo selection day, the sales person will suggest on different type of upgrade package to us which is more value added.

Anyway, bear in mind, as a customer, we have the right not to buy the suggestion from the sales person as long as we find it uncomfortable.

After photo selection when we discussed with friends, surprisingly, 2 couples of my friends who have also signed with Ivory Romance and satisfy with their profession and result too.

wooow woow wooow ..such a nice story ! :ohmy:

It's my 1st time to hear such a G O O D bridal shop...

I m so sorry to doubt what u are saying ...my colleague just finished her photo shooting last year (Nov),she gave very very B A D story to me...

anyway,congratulation to ur wedding ..

susanne: Thanks for the greeting. The post is just for reference. Have you taken your wedding photos yet?

Lovelyjean: I really feel sorry for the super bad experiences (the link that you paste) that they had.

But this is what I have gone thru with Ivory Romance. This post is just for sharing to those who would like to get some reference. I believe all bridal shops have their ways of doing business, its just the communication and understanding of your package. My friend told me that she went to bridal fair for survey and bridal shop told her must pay RM3k as deposit as what she requested in the package. :rclxub:

I would say, different requirement. If you are the person who prefer to have all designers dresses and special accessories that different with others (not wanting all dresses similar with your friends who signed with the same bridal shop). Then you should communicate wisely "before" you sign. Or, you would prefer to have a big nice album with more photos, please communicate and agree with the price before you top-up. E.g. budget how many photos that you would like to add on-top of your package. Sometimes we will confuse on the package that they suggest, however, we will clarify until we fully understand.

Sorry to say this but I personally believe a good bridal house is one that gets good review from basic packages customers (below RM3k), not from those who pay above 5k..

Yes, I kinda agree with mermyz after my experience with their sister company, Romantic Bridal House. Customers who pay abv RM5k tend to have it easy with the bridal house than those who chose to limit their budgets to below RM3k ++

Sorry to say this but I personally believe a good bridal house is one that gets good review from basic packages customers (below RM3k), not from those who pay above 5k..

emm.. i believe that ev bridal shop also will suggest u to top up gown and photo, actly i think is depend on u wan or not.. like Jane mention that she top up her photo then become 7k, i also beleive that if ur photo not nice u won't spend this money to top up.. actly is diffirent ppl hav different thinking also... if the result is good then paid so much also is worth...

Jane,

Congrat to u! when ur photo ready pls let me know, i interested to view ur photo ya... haha

emm.. i believe that ev bridal shop also will suggest u to top up gown and photo, actly i think is depend on u wan or not.. like Jane mention that she top up her photo then become 7k, i also beleive that if ur photo not nice u won't spend this money to top up.. actly is diffirent ppl hav different thinking also... if the result is good then paid so much also is worth...

Dear mei8,

Yes yes, that's what I would like to share with others.

I will show you my photos once got it, my photos are still under making process due to Ivory Romance were having a few bridal promotions in March, so i gave more time for them to design for my album. :wub:

Have you took your wedding photo already? at which bridal shop? Mind to share? :smile:

Dear mei8,

Yes yes, that's what I would like to share with others.

I will show you my photos once got it, my photos are still under making process due to Ivory Romance were having a few bridal promotions in March, so i gave more time for them to design for my album. :wub:

Have you took your wedding photo already? at which bridal shop? Mind to share? :smile:

Hi Jane,

Actly im signing package under IR sister company, Romantic Bridal. But now they will combine together soon, i just finish gown fitting in IR last week, result also good, cos i very satisfied my SA service. My shooting date is next 2 week, hopefully all can 顺顺利利 la.. haha.. Actly b4 my gown fitting, i also worry about this bridal shop, cos too many bad comment from forum. But after my gown fitting, i din feel any problem for this shop. cos ppl mention cant find the nice gown if no top up, but im so lucky that i really no top up any and can get nice & suit gown for me... i need thanks my SA, all is she pick for me.. :wub:

Hi mei8,

same case for me, i was unable to get a nice gown at first then the SA donno went where and found those nice and gown that suites me :lol: .

I think they are improving their service level after so many unpleasant comments. Just remember to clarify with them if there are anything unsure. :cool:

Which package are you taking? ANy outdoor shooting?

Hi Jane,

My package is 3k plus outdoor is 马场, i still havent pick my actl date gown yet.. hav to wait finish my PS then only go pick... how above u? wer is ur outdoor?

Hi Jane,

My package is 3k plus outdoor is 马场, i still havent pick my actl date gown yet.. hav to wait finish my PS then only go pick... how above u? wer is ur outdoor?

Hi mei8,

Me outdoor at 马场 too. Same for me, the sale assistance said I should pick my wedding day gown when the date is near. Maybe will have more choices of gowns by that time :)

Hi Jane,

Hi mei8,

Me outdoor at 马场 too. Same for me, the sale assistance said I should pick my wedding day gown when the date is near. Maybe will have more choices of gowns by that time :)

Hi Jane,

finally i finish my PS last 2 days, very fun & happy when shooting in outdoor horse carriage, overall my PS also satisfied. I will go second round gown fitting in next month, same date with choosing photo.

hi Jane & mei8,

can you let me know which SA serviced you?

yesterday i just went to the bridal fair at midvalley. i'm interested with IR cameron highland package.

original price is 5288 but discounted to 3988 in the bridal fair. but only 29 poses. is this expensive?

i plan to request more poses fr them (at least 40 poses lo...). the SA served me not so well explained.

so i jus wan to know which SA should i refer and can get same good service as you all.

hi Jane & mei8,

yesterday i just went to the bridal fair at midvalley. i'm interested with IR cameron highland package.

original price is 5288 but discounted to 3988 in the bridal fair. but only 29 poses. is this expensive?

i plan to request more poses fr them (at least 40 poses lo...). the SA served me not so well explained.

so i jus wan to know which SA should i refer and can get same good service as you all.

besides that, do you mind to share your photo with me? i would like to have a look b4 really sign up the package with them.

my email add: hc_won@hotmail.com

hi Jane & mei8,

besides that, do you mind to share your photo with me? i would like to have a look b4 really sign up the package with them.

Hi Cherylw,

u hav 29poses is more than my package, my one only 21poses, outdoor in horse carriage. I can tell u they won't add any poses for u bcos this is their policy, but u still can ask them, my SA is Jestin, u can make appointment wif her when u wan hav a look at Ivory. Try to ask freebies b4 u decide to sign ur package there. My PS done on last month, overall statified, their MUA and Photograper job really welldone. I going to choose photo next week, i will email some photo to u in my PS day by own camera, giv some comment after view wo.. haha..

hi Jane & mei8,

Hi Cherylw,

u hav 29poses is more than my package, my one only 21poses, outdoor in horse carriage. I can tell u they won't add any poses for u bcos this is their policy, but u still can ask them, my SA is Jestin, u can make appointment wif her when u wan hav a look at Ivory. Try to ask freebies b4 u decide to sign ur package there. My PS done on last month, overall statified, their MUA and Photograper job really welldone. I going to choose photo next week, i will email some photo to u in my PS day by own camera, giv some comment after view wo.. haha..

hi mei8,

thx for sharing ur photo v me. u're so sweet~~

especially the 006 photo, u look very sweet and nice!!!

have u choose ur photo?satisfy v it?

and thx for ur information. i will ask them wat u suggest to me. thx a lot! :lol:

hi Jane & mei8,

Hi Cherylw,

I was took up the Cameron Highland package as well. The ori price is same as you said. But you may get SA to custom made based on your own budget.To me, 29 poses are not enough as it is included 2 design pages which may take up about 4 poses.So total 21 pages only for 29 poses.Cameron highland is a very nice place to take photo, so 29 poses absolutely insufficient. Try to talk to SA about your expectation, everything still can fix before full payment is made.

Hi Jane,

Hi mei8,

Hi Jane,

finally i finish my PS last 2 days, very fun & happy when shooting in outdoor horse carriage, overall my PS also satisfied. I will go second round gown fitting in next month, same date with choosing photo.

Hi Mei,

Do you mind to share with me your photo? My email is tkiaw@yahoo.com

hi Jane & mei8,

Hi Cherylw,

hi mei8,

thx for sharing ur photo v me. u're so sweet~~

especially the 006 photo, u look very sweet and nice!!!

have u choose ur photo?satisfy v it?

and thx for ur information. i will ask them wat u suggest to me. thx a lot! :lol:

Hi,

Thx for ur comment. i alr choose my photo last month and will go see design next week. Photo very nice and difficult to choose also, overall i also satisfy. hope u can enjoy in this bridal shop..

Hi Jane,

Hi mei8,

Hi Jane,

Hi Mei,

Do you mind to share with me your photo? My email is tkiaw@yahoo.com

Hi punky pinky,

alr sent u, pls check it out and remeber giv me comment oh!