fusionista

Pulau Redang

Hi all...

My family and our family friends are planning to go to Redang on the weekend of June 8th and we're hoping to be able to score some cheap and reliable travel and accommodation solutions. There will be between 30-50 ppl for this trip, so we'll probably end up booking a majority of the resort I think.

I know there's Berjaya and all, but maybe there are others that are not so steep in price.

Also, is it better to fly there or take the bus at night? What's the price difference?

Inputs much appreciated. Thanks! :rolleyes:

with air asia, by flight would be reasonable. but with the no of ppl, well, travelling by bus on the overall would be cheaper. my guess for the 24 seater buses that u can obtain from the travel agencies, would be less than RM1.5K per day per bus. well, tt's the quote i got for getting people up from JB to Ipoh, which is longer distance.

for hotels, maybe u can ask athena. she went to redang last year.

I was with Laguna Redang a year ago, a very very good place to stay. Berjaya is good, but the area is kind of isolated from the rest of the resorts.

For more information of Laguna, you can visit : http://www.lagunaredang.com.my/

Some of the pics to share :

img2679df4.jpg

img2711em6.jpg

img2723ds4.jpg

img2738tn7.jpg

img2786km7.jpg

img2828iy0.jpg

missed this thread....i went to stay in a budget place...

imo, if you're going wif older folks..stay ina good hotel..coz the folks won't go snorkelling

but if with yougner folks...then you'll out out whole day in the water or by the beach...why wud u need good rooms...at night u just need a mattress you'll sleep!!

Thanks y'all!!

The trip to Redang is actually for several families, so Athena, there will be a good mix of young and old, and budget hotel will do just fine because most of them can barely afford annual trips around Malaysia anyway.

Which hotel did you stay at, Athena? :)

i stayed over here...not very comfy really..but can la!!

Redang Pelangi Resort

Package Includes:

a) Pick-up frm Kuala Terengganu Airport/Kuala Terengganu Tanjung Bus Station

B) Transfer btw KT- Merang Jetty – Redang

c) Accommodation in air-conditioned room (at least the electricity availability is 24hrs) w bathroom attached

d) Buffet halal meals, free flow of hot drinks, bread & biscuits

e) Use of Resort facilities : volleyball, dart, congkaka, mahjong, board games, etc

f) Disco, karaoke & Astro TV

Package Excludes :

· Marine Conservation Charge : RM5 each (adult)

· Rental of equipment : RM10 for mask & snorkel, RM10 per life jacket .. (one time payment .. not daily basis. Return on your last day)

3D/2N Package Rate per Pax (Yr 2006):

Weekdays

Weekend

School Holiday

P Holidays

Quad Sharing

RM 20 surcharge per pax

i) Add mattress

Triple

Twin Sharing

fusionista,

staying along the pasir panjang is good if u like happenning... coz at night u can

walk along the beach and have a de tour to the resorts nearby. (resorts and chalet located

along the beach). You can snorkelling infront of the resorts... if u boring...u can hire

a guide to trek to berjaya resorts about 40mins. easy trek not tough.

i stayed over here...not very comfy really..but can la!!

Redang Pelangi Resort

Package Includes:

a) Pick-up frm Kuala Terengganu Airport/Kuala Terengganu Tanjung Bus Station

B) Transfer btw KT- Merang Jetty – Redang

c) Accommodation in air-conditioned room (at least the electricity availability is 24hrs) w bathroom attached

d) Buffet halal meals, free flow of hot drinks, bread & biscuits

e) Use of Resort facilities : volleyball, dart, congkaka, mahjong, board games, etc

f) Disco, karaoke & Astro TV

Package Excludes :

· Marine Conservation Charge : RM5 each (adult)

· Rental of equipment : RM10 for mask & snorkel, RM10 per life jacket .. (one time payment .. not daily basis. Return on your last day)

3D/2N Package Rate per Pax (Yr 2006):

Weekdays

Weekend

School Holiday

P Holidays

Quad Sharing

RM 20 surcharge per pax

i) Add mattress

Triple

Twin Sharing

I stayed in Redang Pelangi Resort in May 2007. Not too bad though. Don't expect much from this resort since it is kinda cheap already if compared to other resort on that island. :blink:

Anyway, the resort is kinda noisy especially at night becoz of the karaoke. :lol: Some shout so loud to the mic until the whole resort can hear. :P

i've been to redang pelangi and berjaya redang and beach resort.

I prefer berjaya redang and beach resort. It's more quiet and you can enjoy more privacy there.

Pelangi redang is not bad either as the price is cheaper.

I just came back from Pulau Redang :) I stayed at Laguna Redang Resort, I would recommend this resort ...very nice place to stay, and I liked their buffet meals in their package. But one thing about this resort that it is almost always packed through out the whole year especially school holiday season.. during each snorkeling trip, we had to go along with other 3-4 boats..altogether like about 100 people snorkelling together. It's not a problem if going with a group of friends, but wouldn't recommend for honeymoon. Overall it's still a nice resort.. very well maintained :rolleyes:

I stayed in Laguna before too. Went there for a pre-honeymoon with HB last year after we ROM. It is really a very nice place.

For me, i prefer more ppl going for the snorkelling trip because i feel scare if it is only a few of us.. hahaha. I do not know how to swim and the thinking of a shark will bite our leg always haunt me after i watch JAWS. So, if there are a lot of people, the possibility of a shark attack will be lower coz we can scare them away... :lol::lol: . I told HB this and he told me that in places that have coral, there will be no shark... but i am still scare...

Hi,

I need help, My family (10-15 members) plan going to Redang this coming June. We have no problem about the accommodation. Now just headache bout the transportation from kl (by bus) to redang. Any one here can help?

Hi,

I need help, My family (10-15 members) plan going to Redang this coming June. We have no problem about the accommodation. Now just headache bout the transportation from kl (by bus) to redang. Any one here can help?

I went there by bus with frens last yr. The bus depart from Hentian Putra and stop at the KT bus station. From the bus station, the resort can arrange to transfer you to their jetty and from jetty take boat to the resort.

The journey from KL to KT takes bout 7hrs. We bought midnight bus and reach KT around 6am ++

Remember to check whether the bus you are taking is following number seats or not. Some do not follow seat number. Buy the VIP coach seat so that you can sleep more comfortably during the 7hrs journey. You may want to bring along a blanket or sweater as it can be very cold at night inside the bus.

Hi,

I went there by bus with frens last yr. The bus depart from Hentian Putra and stop at the KT bus station. From the bus station, the resort can arrange to transfer you to their jetty and from jetty take boat to the resort.

The journey from KL to KT takes bout 7hrs. We bought midnight bus and reach KT around 6am ++

Remember to check whether the bus you are taking is following number seats or not. Some do not follow seat number. Buy the VIP coach seat so that you can sleep more comfortably during the 7hrs journey. You may want to bring along a blanket or sweater as it can be very cold at night inside the bus.

thanks erinepink, 7 hrs? erm really a long hour... yes my SIL say the resort ll arrange ppl to transfer us from jetty to resort but need charge us rm40 per person.

Hi,

thanks erinepink, 7 hrs? erm really a long hour... yes my SIL say the resort ll arrange ppl to transfer us from jetty to resort but need charge us rm40 per person.

your welcome.. but the resort didnt charge us any extra fee for transfering us to their resort. Its included when we book their room... which resort you staying?

When i go with frens (by bus) we stayed in Redang Beach, then when i went there with HB (drive) we stayed in Laguna... both time also no need to pay for the transfer. Both was last year. With frens in June, HB in July.

I just came back from Pulau Redang :) I stayed at Laguna Redang Resort, I would recommend this resort ...very nice place to stay, and I liked their buffet meals in their package. But one thing about this resort that it is almost always packed through out the whole year especially school holiday season.. during each snorkeling trip, we had to go along with other 3-4 boats..altogether like about 100 people snorkelling together. It's not a problem if going with a group of friends, but wouldn't recommend for honeymoon. Overall it's still a nice resort.. very well maintained :rolleyes:

I stayed in Laguna before too. Went there for a pre-honeymoon with HB last year after we ROM. It is really a very nice place.

For me, i prefer more ppl going for the snorkelling trip because i feel scare if it is only a few of us.. hahaha. I do not know how to swim and the thinking of a shark will bite our leg always haunt me after i watch JAWS. So, if there are a lot of people, the possibility of a shark attack will be lower coz we can scare them away... :lol::lol: . I told HB this and he told me that in places that have coral, there will be no shark... but i am still scare...

hahaha...you are just like my bf, he's also a person who don't know how to swim. And everytime he go down the water, after awhile he will complain want to go back to the boat lol!!.. he is actually quite scared too, even with the life jacket he afraid he will sink in the water and drown <,< grab me so tight somemore.. :lol: As for me I'm not scared of the water, but I'm more scared of the fishes !!

Hahahahah, very funny.. actually i'm same like you too... i am afraid of the fishes. Usually ppl will throw the bread near themselves so that the fishes will come near, but me terbalik, i throw far away so that the fishes will go far far also... hahahha...i feel that i can enjoy it more when i watch them from far.. :lol:

Hi,

hi... actually my redang trip was arranged and booked by a travel agent.. im very satisfied with his service, everything settled very fast and smooth..very efficient and helpful :D

for hotel and flight both is booked by him.. and i was not charged anything for his service, only need to pay the exact amount that the flights and the hotel charge. Besides that, the airport transfer and boat transfer was also arranged by him.

At first I thought the airport transfer was by Laguna hotel as I paid the same price stated by laguna hotel. But I was surprised that actually he arranged his company car to pick us up from the KT airport. So thankful that I didnt have to follow the bus that Laguna provides for airport transfer.

his name is Kenny Chua... his email is kenny@malaysiaresorts.com.my or you can contact him thru contactus@holiday2malaysia.com. Website is www.holiday2malaysia.com

i think is more convenient if have an agent help you to arrange yr trip especially if you're going in a big group. :D

Hi chels,

Thanks for the information. I did contact kenny today, the date that i wan is fully book. haih :dash2:

I ll try to find other agent asap.

The Pulau Redang is situated 45km off the coast of Kuala Terengganu and is the largest of all Terengganu's islands. It will enchant visitors with its compelling beauty. Its incredibly azure waters fringed by white sand, against the backdrop of verdant jungle-clad hills make picture-postcard views.

It comprises of 9 islands, the Lima Island, Paku Besar Island, Paku Kecil Island, Kerengga Besar Island, Kerengga Kecil Island, Ekor Tebu Island, Ling Island, Pinang Island and Redang Island. This archipelago is abounds with marvelous marine fishes, turtles and coral reefs, ensuring a great snorkeling and scuba-diving experience. The Island boasts two beautiful beaches, the Long Beach or locally known as Pasir Panjang, situated on the east coast and Teluk Dalam Kecil, a sheltered cove tucked away on the northeast of the island. Teluk Dalam Kecil is the location of the Berjaya Redang Beach Resort, a five-star accommodation on the island.