Sign in to follow this  
ZunZhine

Painting House

Paint used for my house interior  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

I am now in midst of headache of painting the interior of a condo. planned to DIY to save some cost.

But not sure which paint to select- remember during my younger days, its has always been ICI, but now even ICI alone have so many different type. I am thinking of Pentalite Easyclean (easy wipe off of any stains), but I have not managed to get any feedback about this paint. is it good? really easy to remove stain? or is Nippon-Spotless better?

My condo have been painted by developor by emulsion paint by SKK (japan brand), but I feel that the paint is very powdery, when I wipe with wet cloth 9to remove the stain), the cloth turns whitish :dash2: So I guess, I need to repaint all the walls la, I don't want to end up getting white spots on clothes the next time I lean on the house wall. haha.

Do i need to paint the entire wall with a layer of white before I paint on the outer paint layer?

Hope to hear some feedback on the following paint as well

ICI (which better? pearl glo? pentalite? pentalite easyclean?)?

Nippon?

TOA?

SKK?

Pls help.

Thanks

my

Hi,

I am now in midst of headache of painting the interior of a condo. planned to DIY to save some cost.

But not sure which paint to select- remember during my younger days, its has always been ICI, but now even ICI alone have so many different type. I am thinking of Pentalite Easyclean (easy wipe off of any stains), but I have not managed to get any feedback about this paint. is it good? really easy to remove stain? or is Nippon-Spotless better?

My condo have been painted by developor by emulsion paint by SKK (japan brand), but I feel that the paint is very powdery, when I wipe with wet cloth 9to remove the stain), the cloth turns whitish :dash2: So I guess, I need to repaint all the walls la, I don't want to end up getting white spots on clothes the next time I lean on the house wall. haha.

Do i need to paint the entire wall with a layer of white before I paint on the outer paint layer?

Hope to hear some feedback on the following paint as well

ICI (which better? pearl glo? pentalite? pentalite easyclean?)?

Nippon?

TOA?

SKK?

Pls help.

Thanks

my mother's side is doin hardware business, that's y i did asked opinion from my uncle (coz i also need to paint my new house soon)... at first i only consider ICI as i think it's the best, but my uncle recommend me to use NIPPON, according to him, the price is more reasonable with good quality. but he din mentioned which type to use. my auntie just re-paint her house, she used Nippon Satin-Glo. If u like the glossy effect, it's quite nice.

personally after clicked to Nippon and ICI website, i prefer Nippon :smile:

Just painted our home with Nippon paints for both interior and exterior. Cos dapat diskaun mar. haha. but all in all we love their color. If you don't mind spending a little extra...before painting..do skimming. No need whole house...just places like living hall and dining area and also where the wall light shines at stairs. it makes a world of difference.

Hi,

I've personally monitored the painting work for three of our previous homes, one landed property and two others...condo.

Don't DIY! Yes it looked simple. One of my friend, a video guy....artistic. One part of the wall at the size of 9feet by 9feet, took him 3 months to complete. He just don't have the time and energy after work. Even after completion, it doesn't look really nice. Unless you don't mind patchy surface, you can take the risk. Get someone to paint it. SKK and KCC is ok paint. Nippon or ICI of course are claimed to be better. It has been longer in the market but I have yet to hear anyone complaining about those SKK or KCC paint so far.

I know a few odd job worker who are very nice people. Their work is perfectly acceptable if you don't expect Donald Trump's quality. Their charges are reasonable. A whole condo, paint work cost about RM1200 ( excluding paint ) depending on your size and all of course. This one includes grill painting, door painting, all in. That is for a 1400sqft condominium, 3+1 rooms some more.

Let me know if you need help. PM, don't reply here and hope for me to reply. I don't trace my previous forum, I just hit and run on the latest updated ones so I might miss your call.

Have a good day!

By the way, don't be concerned about colors. SKK and KCC uses Dulux and Nippon's color chart. The matching will hit about 95% which to the average human eye, you cannot detect the differences. Unless you have spiderman eyes or super sensor or something like that.

sorry think i press the wrong thing, so voted others instead of odourless, keke :tongue:

im using nippon for my whole house, all odourless one of the reason i use this paint is due to me and my bf have a sensitive nose, we don't want to take risk by sneezing all the time while doing painting works, we paint it the house with the help of my bf's father , that is including of living, dining area + 3 bedrooms & all the doors~

we paint it during saturday and sunday and it took us about 3 days to complete, we were advise by the hardware shop that if your surface of the wall is not flat and smooth type, don use glossy as it will show more obvious that the wall is uneven. Before starting the painting works, do clean the surface of the wall first to let the new paint to stay longer on the wall, btw my house is only abt 900 sq ft, so i choose for the light colour and will looks bigger, i use peaceful white for my wall and normal white for the ceiling and doors.

you may refer to this site for the tips on the DIY~ i found it it was quite a nice webby as i learn alot from there! http://www.doityourself.com/

Hi inoone,

Thanks so much for your feedback and thanks also for sharing the website!! :)

sorry think i press the wrong thing, so voted others instead of odourless, keke :tongue:

im using nippon for my whole house, all odourless one of the reason i use this paint is due to me and my bf have a sensitive nose, we don't want to take risk by sneezing all the time while doing painting works, we paint it the house with the help of my bf's father , that is including of living, dining area + 3 bedrooms & all the doors~

we paint it during saturday and sunday and it took us about 3 days to complete, we were advise by the hardware shop that if your surface of the wall is not flat and smooth type, don use glossy as it will show more obvious that the wall is uneven. Before starting the painting works, do clean the surface of the wall first to let the new paint to stay longer on the wall, btw my house is only abt 900 sq ft, so i choose for the light colour and will looks bigger, i use peaceful white for my wall and normal white for the ceiling and doors.

you may refer to this site for the tips on the DIY~ i found it it was quite a nice webby as i learn alot from there! http://www.doityourself.com/