yahiko

Is it just me or this happen to every brides?

dear yahiko,

IMHO, u shouldn't spend so much on d post-ROM lunch if u reli need to save lo... i think treating everyone to a simple dinner/ meal afterwards is enough to show ur appreciation for their attendance :biggrin:

for ur PS, doin it now even w second hand gowns is a bit early maybe?? since u will b havin some sort of ceremony 3-4 years later, y not do it then??

as for ur facial, if u're using ur own money, y not?? a girl is entitled to pamper n look after herself ma.. but keep in mind tat as ur AD approaches a few years later u still need d facial.. if u can afford to 'manja' urself go for regular facials lo.. it'll deliver better effects also :happy:

Am I the only one here that thinks facials are a waste of money?

To get nice complexion: Sleep early, drink loads of water, exercise, don't eat too much fried stuff, wash your face, wear sunblock, and refrain from touching your own face (because fingers have LOADS of germs).

You save money already.......

JUST SHARING AN OPINION

It's hard to say if one thing is a waste of money or not. It all depends on a lot of factors and not just on your financial capability. Say, even if you can afford a thing, but then that thing simply gobbles up a large chunk of your hard-earned money, and yet that thing is not going to give you a lasting benefit of some sort, then it may be a waste of money.

If you want a thing so badly, and you have the money for it, and you know you'll emotionally suffer if you're deprived of that thing, why constrain yourself and your money? Let your money do its rightful duty; that is, to satisfy human wants. That's what money is for; we chase after money in order to use it to satisfy our wants. But just make sure that you're not "cutting out a piece of cloth from the back of your shirt to patch up a hole at its front."

JUST SHARING AN OPINION

It's hard to say if one thing is a waste of money or not. It all depends on a lot of factors and not just on your financial capability. Say, even if you can afford a thing, but then that thing simply gobbles up a large chunk of your hard-earned money, and yet that thing is not going to give you a lasting benefit of some sort, then it may be a waste of money.

If you want a thing so badly, and you have the money for it, and you know you'll emotionally suffer if you're deprived of that thing, why constrain yourself and your money? Let your money do its rightful duty; that is, to satisfy human wants. That's what money is for; we chase after money in order to use it to satisfy our wants. But just make sure that you're not "cutting out a piece of cloth from the back of your shirt to patch up a hole at its front."

Wow I love the way how you express it Apekjolly!

Yahiko, I dont know your FH/BF but is it because of his background or past family experience that made him today someone who is cautious in his spending?

What is wasting money? it is all depending on how you look at it.

To him what you want is wasting money but to you it may not. Because you want something that you think you deserve it right?

Just like CFA said, every girl dream of their dream wedding. because women are dreamer. Men are more to realistic. that's why..

both have to understand about this and try to work out on something. for both to be heppi!! dont be sad ok?

<Gosh I think the marriage preparation course I went attended , looks like working. lol... > :cool:

Lol regarding saving n wasting money issue ... hhmmn....

Recently I also had some argument with my bf about him wasting money. During our argument, he asked me a question: " Why is it buying my thing is waste of money but buying your thing is not waste of money? "

However, at the end of the fight after cooling off, i realised something. I realised that when I stopped him from spending OUR money, my excuse was, its unnecessary hence there is no worth to it aka he is WASTING money!!. Whereas, when I want to use the money to satisfy my needs, I will point that coz it is worthy and hence not wasting money.

I come to understand one thing. When a person wants something, he will always feel that he is doing something worthy of spending. On the other hand, if you do not want that "something" no matter how worthy it is to spend, you will feel that it is waste of money. Hence, you have to face that everyone have different wants. As long as you can afford to spend the little money and not simply splurge uncessarily and end up on debts, otherwise, we need to give some leeway to each other and accept it. He is happy he get what he wants, I am happy I get what I want.