Beanie

Italian Getaway

Dwt,

I am below 27 but hubbie is not... But by the time we actually save up enough to go to Europe, I doubt I will still be below 27. :P

Sharon,

3 weeks is a REALLY LONG TIME! My perception of Europe is that it's really expensive so that makes 3 weeks even longer.

Jialing,

If I do make it to Europe, I might just stick to instant noodles everyday... Pack from Malaysia. :P Better save all I can in case I want to get some souvenirs.

Guest kirei

sharon,

i thk 20k is not realistic for so many countries, u will very tiring n hectic to rush for train fr 1 place to another, at the end u can't really enjoy much in each countries..let say 1 -3 days in 1 country is too rush., just can touch & go, snap pics..but u guys can't really sit down n relax, enjoy the scenery a ur sweet time..

in my opinion, we need min 5-7 days to really venture the scenary and sight see for one place alone..its your honeymoon, u dont wish ur trip so rush and cos u guys too exhausting rite...shld be relax and enjoy the sight seeing... ;)

and the eurorail and other transportaion cost is killing exp too ( i thk more than 50% of ur budget gone to tranportation cost )...maybe u can try cheap domestic flight- like Ryan airline?

i took ryan air fr sweden to scotland, less than rm300 per person! very cheap..but u need spd lots time chking in/out, waiting the flight as the flight always delayed...

bout booking hotel online....i paid deposit for some amt, then chk out that time will pay full. remember to chk w ur hotel do they provide free tranportation fr airport to the hotel, then free coaching back to the airport when u chk out too,my hotels did that..u can save $$ fr there

Sharon,

About the hijacking thing, no worries lar... I am here to share, discuss and listen. :)

Nope haven't planned a single thing yet. Got to know the budget before planning... If it's out of my budget then no point planning right?

Sharon, please take some photographs for the die hard Italy fan over here k? Hehehe... I will be dying to see your photographs! When are you going again?

frankly, I don't think much of Verona. i'l suggest skipping it and spending more time in another place.

Like kirei, I think you're trying to cover too many places in too little time. You actually need time to soak in the culture, peak at sidewalk cafe etc too really enjoy yourself. I have been guilty in previous occasions in wanting to see too much in too little time but those trips end up being the less memorable one....

Actually 4 countries in 3 weeks is doable but only if you're visiting max 2 places in each country. need to account for travel time etc.

You might want to consider doing half of your original list of places then saving the rest for a next trip.maybe in 5 or 10 years time for your anniversary?

Hi peeps,

Thanks for responding. Sorry for "hijacking" yr thread Beanie :P Well, I know I sound greedy, wanting to go to so many places, but I think we will narrow it down to England, France, Italy and Spain. Will forego Belgium, Switzerland and Holland. Altho ppl tell me i *should* go to Holland, very near etc etc.

Not sure it is a good route unless you plan to fly from spain to italy because there is a very big sea, the mediterranian sea, in between these two countries. If you take train from France to Spain then to Italy, it is sort of s very big U-turn. Alternatively, you can fly straight to spain then travel to italy through France.

With the train, you might want to consider France, Switzerland, Italy

Guest kirei

sharon,

ya i'm totally agree w dwt, if too rush , no point. u will forget easily after your trip cos there is not much memory left for each countries u visit, then u will regret not to spd enough time for that counrty.....yet make u tiring and exhausting during ur honeymoon :(

maybe u can consider cut down your countries to visit ( lest say 3 wks is just nice for 3 countries ) and spd more time on each, venture into more secluded area in each counrty, enjoy diff kind of local food, local activities etc fr there , u can gain more experience and exposure for the counrty itself. ;)

i remembered those trip that i followed tour guide last time, they were very rush, like fr one to another, snap pics, see a while, then go to next, after back fr my trip, i almost forgot the place, n left less than 10% of what i have seen in my memory .. :unsure: after that experienced, i boycott any tourguide, tour on my own w my own sweet time on each countires, no rush, spd min a wk on each place we went..., the feeling and experienced is very different ..like dwt said, soak into the culture of that countries u visit if can, sit down a enjoy the local brewed coffee, looking ard the ppl, relax, sit down wait for nice sunset etc...thats wats vacation for... ;)

Haha i knew i must hv posted in the wrong topic...im still new to this forum so i beg ur forgiveness :) I only found out about THIS topic today so here i am correcting my mistakes :)

Im repeating my other post, but here goes...

hi all, im intending to go to Venice for my honeymoon but since we're gonna be in Italy we're deciding to visit Florence, Rome and Milan as well. I dont intend to do a full Europe tour for a honeymoon coz it will be too tiring.

i have looked up only Reliance's rates which is about RM4k+ per person. will anyone who has previously been recommend any other travel agent? Reliance's rates include flight, boarding and meals. I thought of going free & easy but my friend who has been around Italy says that its very difficult to read maps in Venice and not many ppl speak English.

i am doing a survey first, but as i am planning to go in Dec which is a peak holiday period, i may not be able to book during the MATTA fair in Sept. I know its winter and its gonna be rather cold, but it beats the summer crowds.

Thanks in advanced, everyone...

ps : anyone knows how to get to that warehouse place that sells those Italian designer items? ;) my friend said its rather far off from town and previously they took a cab but she also said its not too economical to go by cab if its only two of us. Otherwise will just have to shop in Milan - at slightly higher prices but still lower than Malaysia prices - for my Prada n Gucci
:unsure:
:P