beautifulgown

PruMyChild policy by Prudential

Dear mummies,

I'm interested in the new policy 'Pru My Child' introduced by prudential.

Anyone signed up for your little one?

I'm going to meet the agent this weekend, what should I ask? Can share with me?

last time my hb only have PA and medical, after I give birth to Gabriel. I feel insurance is important for us.

But we on a tight budget. My Agent advise me to

get a monthy insurance + saving for my hb and tag in

my son.

i guess this is the best for us so far according to our budget.

Prumychild is a good plan if something happen, however if there are nothing happen, the premium can be also treat it as "education" fund.

I'm agent from Prudential, I'm here to give my sincere opinion and advise. If your have any query or doubt, please feel free to ask me here, second opinion might make a different. After you clarified, then u can sign the plan with your agent with no worries. :)

aishiteru,

Yesterday I have a short chat with a friend, she told me it depends on my needs as for them they didn't buy any education fund for their sons but is some kind of insurance policy from ING as her after her husband calculated, the return of getting an education fund from insurance is not high so they prefer to invest the $ at somewhere else and get other type of insurance for their sons.

mm .. guess I need to look at all the policy before we make decision. But since we already make an appointment with prudential agent, so no harm to listen to their policy.

joeythc,

I also reading from the site but I need more explanation on how it works.

Like what suevian said, if nothing happened the premium can be also treated as the education fund but how's the return? etc.

suevian,

Can you share with us about the plan? I'm 35 years old and now my little one is 24 weeks. We have done the NT and detailed scan, all are fine. =)

Any other test we need to go through?

BG,

if not mistaken there is a Pru investment link

where they can link the family together

if anything happened to one of them all the policy no need to pay.

and still can keep continue.

maybe u can ask ur agent or suevien for more details.

Just to share with you all about my perception in Prumy Child. When first launched, first issue come out from my mind is "Wah!!!! So expensive", how to sell, who afford to buy...gila one. I even ask myself, if I'm pregnant, will I buy this plan. The answer is "NO", cause is expensive, I would rather wait my baby out, then only buy a RM100/mth plan. Then, I do lots of survey and study this plan in details, now after one month, I've changed my mind. I will buy Prumy Child at the premium I can afford, most important is must attached with "Medical Card". This is the only plan where I can get a medical card for my kid before delivered. Since I'm in this industries, I heard lots of cases whereby babies with complication is unable to get a Medical Card, need to wait they grow up until age-5, then only might be considered. So, this is the main point which I think Pru Mychild is worth to buy.

beautifulgown

Basically there are 2 plans in PrumyChild (PMC), Pruearly Start and Prubest Start.

Pruearly Start - Cheaper compared to Prubest Start. Need only gynae report. Prudential will bear the report cost.

Prubest Start - This is the benefit which make this plan expensive. Need gynae report & 3D/4D pregnancy scan. 3D/4D pregnancy scan, client need to pay.

I will not explain in details about the benefits, as is complicated to explain here. I think ur agent should able to tell you. If after meet up with your agent, still confuse, let me know, I will email you the brochure and highlight the important points.

If you plan to have Prubest Start, then you do not need to do add any education saver. As the premium from Prubest Start can be used as education fund as well.

Most important is must have the Pru-health medical card, get the basic PHL100. There are few riders can be attached in this PMC plan, the more rider you add in, premium will be higher. Therefore, you must plan your budget for this baby, only the agent can suggest which riders need to be add in for you.

aishiteru

PMC is the investment link plan, just changed name from Investment Link to Pru my Child. This is so called marketing strategic mar....hehe.

The point you say link family, is the Parent payor benefit. Yes, is correct that if parents death/TPD/36 Critical Illness, the policy premium will be waived. But is not whole life premium will be waived, is only until the child at age-24, then the child need to continue pay the premium.

suevian,

Thanks for the brief explanation. How expensive is it!? =P

I still don't get the difference between the Pruearly Start and Prubest Start. I have done the NT scan, detailed scan with 3D-4D as well, meaning with all these tests I can choose either to one package if I'm interested, right?

Can just roughly explanation the benefit for each? You mean if chose Prubest start, I don't need to add any education saver, then how about Pruearly Start?

I don't mind to get more information before I meet the agent =)

Thanks, thanks =)

suevian,

u mention about the baby medical card before the baby is born.

does it cover the phototherapy at the hospital?

aishiteru,

Sound like that ah!? hehehe .. let's wait either suevian or the agent can explain to me =)

BG,

hehe i thought the pruchild will give a medical card to baby

before even the baby is born rite?

From the moment the child is born, he/she is immediately covered under Child Care Benefit up to age 2 year old:

PRUearly Start

1) Child Care Benefits

a) ICU/HDU due to Premature Birth (Max 30 days): RM300/daily

b) Incubation of the new born (Max 60 days): RM100/daily

c) Infant Death (up to 30 days from child’s birth): Higher of premiums

d) Hospitalisation due to 3 Congenital Conditions (up to 2 years from child’s birth): RM25K/p.a [Congenital cataract, Congenital deafness & Anal atresia only]

2) Pregnancy Care Benefits

a) Pregnany Complication: Not Applicable

b) Death of Foetus: YES

c) Maternal Death: RM10K

PRUbest Start

1) Child Care Benefits

a) ICU/HDU due to Premature Birth (Max 30 days): RM500/daily

b) Incubation of the new born (Max 60 days): RM200/daily

c) Infant Death (up to 30 days from child’s birth): Higher of premiums or NAV

d) Hospitalisation due to 10 Congenital Conditions (up to 2 years from child’s birth): RM25K/p.a [Congenital cataract, Congenital deafness & Anal atresia, Infantile Hydrocephalus, Atrial septal defect, Ventricular septal defect, Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of Great Vessels, Truncus Arteriosus only]

2) Pregnancy Care Benefits

a) Pregnany Complication: Abruptio Placentae, Eclampsia, Amniotic fluid embolism

b) Death of Foetus: YES

c) Maternal Death: RM20K

As for the premium, PruEarly Start cost aroud RM50/mth, Prubest Start cost around RM100/mth. With adding some rider, the premium start from RM150 to RM300/mth or even more if more riders added in.

aishiteru

Very good question from you regarding the phototherapy at the hospital, I never think about this before. Check with company, NO COVER, pay from own pocket money.

Your little bit confuse on the Medical Card.

The medical card is exactly same as the Medical Card we all holding now, no different baby or adult. :P

The best part in Prumychild is the unborn baby can have a medical card even is not born yet. Normally only baby born after 14 days, then only can have a medical card. So if the baby born with complication like congenital illness or lung infection or etc, insurance company will reject the application because is high risk. Company will tell the parents wait the child grow up at age-5, then only consider to let the baby have medical card if health is ok.

So with Prumychild, the unborn baby already have the medical card. If the baby born is with complication, at least baby already have the medical card, can cover normal illnesses, but not the congenital illnesses. The medical card will only take effect when the baby born and waiting period is apply too.

In my opinion, have the basic is sufficient if budget is an issue.

By the way, would like to get your opinion, if the premium is RM300/mth for Prumychild, will your open this account?

Hi suevian,

Just like what u mentioned, budget is an issue.

1. Can we know what the minimum monthly premier for PRUbest Start (include medical card)?

2. why PRUbest Start not need add on education saver? How abt PRUearly Start?

3. Any rebate for those paying annually?

suevian,

Thanks for the information.

So either one can converted to education fund too?

Alright .. let me make it simple, prumychild is a medic + education fund?

If the premium is RM300/mth .. mm it depends what is the coverage but I found that RM300 is high ah!

actually my girl is under Pru insurance now, but i'm not sure is it under pru mychild. i know very little about insurance, this insurance my girl having was the present from my IL. so they pay the premium, RM100/month. my girl has the medical card, so is that means it's under pru mychild policy? is that the only policy that provide medical card for baby?

i think ur insurance policy folder/ cover letter would have the policy name? ie; pru-link, pru-global, pru-cash, pru-lady... etc etc etc. maybe can check ur hardcopy out

:smile:

Hi suevian,

Just like what u mentioned, budget is an issue.

1. Can we know what the minimum monthly premier for PRUbest Start (include medical card)?

2. why PRUbest Start not need add on education saver? How abt PRUearly Start?

3. Any rebate for those paying annually?

1. If want PRUbest Start + Medical Card = Premium is around RM300/mth.

2. PRUbest Start premium is around RM100/mth, and PRUearly Start is around RM50/mth. Prubest or early is only covered the baby until age-2. After age-2, the benefit no longer effective. However, the policy holder still is paying the premium as this is Investment Link plan. Therefore, after age-2, the premium use for PRUbest or PRUearly can be treat as extra money to buy fund units, which is the cash value (Some agents will tell you is saving).

My personal opinion in Education Funds in insurance, if you plan to invest in Insurance for education, I would rather suggest you to invest in the "Number 1 Malaysia Fund" company. Because is no different open a education saving in insurance and fund company, both are using our money in Unit Trust. Just depends how well their Fund Manager, and which company you think the fund manager is better? Well, there are people not agreed with my statement. Decision is still on you.

3. For Investment Link Plan, go for monthly premium is better than annual. No discount for Prudential in Prumy Child, monthly, yearly same premium.

actually my girl is under Pru insurance now, but i'm not sure is it under pru mychild. i know very little about insurance, this insurance my girl having was the present from my IL. so they pay the premium, RM100/month. my girl has the medical card, so is that means it's under pru mychild policy? is that the only policy that provide medical card for baby?

Previously, the plan is called Prudential Assurance Plan. Prudential marketing team very innovative, so they give a nice title, change to "Prumy Child". Both no difference, just name different, dun confuse ya...hehe.

The only different between Prudential PruMy Child with other competitor is:-

PruMy Child - A unborn baby not even know health condition can have a medical card insurance.

Competitor - Baby delivered, check health OK, no problem, then only can buy medical card.

suevian

can do u have any broucher? can email to me?

aishiiteru@gmail.com

i try to downloadn from the website but there is an error.

pal,

How old is ur gal gal now?

my girl is one year old now. she started the policy i think when she was 3 months old.

ya, will need to check out her policy's title