beautifulgown

PruMyChild policy by Prudential

f00lgal,

sure =) so now I got 4 policies with me, RM180, RM200, RM280 and RM480.

@.@ gesss .. all about $$ so hope HB can sort it soon =D

yeah...its all bt $$...

all seems to be small but piling up all small amounts is going to kill us!!!!

i think i might go for the RM200 even b4 seeing it...i think it sounds reasonable...right? :tongue:

f00lgal,

*nod nod* and last Friday we signed up the stemlife for baby Violet, we signed up the RM2k package (enrollment + processing + first year storage) and since they allow for 0% installment so we use the 'facility' =P you can chose either RM2k - processing by machine which claimed to get more cord blood or RM1.5k - processing by manually which they said is less cord blood and the daddy decided to go for RM2k package. If you wanna know more I can share the information with you =)

And now is the insurance thingy for baby Violet, headache headache headache =D

Suevian,

We have studied all 4 policies and we compared RM180 (from my agent) and RM200 (from your contribution).

I have few questions ..(sorry for my stupid questions ya =p)

1. What is mean by the Death benefits? RM80k plus the total investment value.

2. Under Accident Benefit: Death (accidental) RM20k - meaning the parents can get the sum of RM20k? or? and also the medical reimbursement we can claim up to RM2k per event on any medical reimbursement?

3. For the Medical Benefit: is that the medical card for Violet? If we get the package until 21 yrs old so this will be valid until her 21 yrs old?

4. Normal Hospital Confinement RM100 per day. How about admitted to private hospital? still entitled?

5. What is the payor benefit?

6. As for the investment, which column should I look into? is that at page 5?

Hehehe .. this mummy is blur about insurance =D

bg,

the stemlife only charge rm2k? i bought it at 4k. hmm..why is mine so expensive?

f00lgal,

*nod nod* and last Friday we signed up the stemlife for baby Violet, we signed up the RM2k package (enrollment + processing + first year storage) and since they allow for 0% installment so we use the 'facility' =P you can chose either RM2k - processing by machine which claimed to get more cord blood or RM1.5k - processing by manually which they said is less cord blood and the daddy decided to go for RM2k package. If you wanna know more I can share the information with you =)

Suevian,

We have studied all 4 policies and we compared RM180 (from my agent) and RM200 (from your contribution).

2. Under Accident Benefit: Death (accidental) RM20k - meaning the parents can get the sum of RM20k? or? and also the medical reimbursement we can claim up to RM2k per event on any medical reimbursement?

3. For the Medical Benefit: is that the medical card for Violet? If we get the package until 21 yrs old so this will be valid until her 21 yrs old?

4. Normal Hospital Confinement RM100 per day. How about admitted to private hospital? still entitled?

uniquesoul,

ahh .. but I really pay RM2k (maybe is their promotion now?) when you signed up the stemlife package?

And they also got another offer which is I can just paying RM2.5k (now) for 20 yrs of storage fee but the daddy decided to go for yearly basic (payment) instead of 1 lum sum for 20 yrs.

promotion so cheap? 2k less than mine. i sign up on jan'10.We also go for monthly installment, 1mth-rm310 for 1 year.

uniquesoul,

ahh .. but I really pay RM2k (maybe is their promotion now?) when you signed up the stemlife package?

And they also got another offer which is I can just paying RM2.5k (now) for 20 yrs of storage fee but the daddy decided to go for yearly basic (payment) instead of 1 lum sum for 20 yrs.

uniquesoul,

mmm then I hav no idea ah.

For my case there's only 2 packages RM2k and RM1.5k and we signed up the RM2k.

First payment is RM300 then later is RM145 for 11 mths, final one is RM105 (if not mistaken).

Then every year is RM250 for the storage fee.

how many years is the rm250 fee? They told me 1st mth pay rm300 follow by rm310 for 12mths. then thats it, until baby reach 21 and its up to her whether she wanna cont storing it or throw it away.

feifei25,

RM250 is every year until 21 yrs old.

Then I think you are signed up the package + 20 yrs storage fee, meaning is RM1.5k (package) + RM2.5k (storage fee for 20 yrs) = RM4k =) thus your first payment is RM300 then is RM310 for 12 mths.

For my case is I just signed up the RM2k package and daddy decided to go for yearly basis payment for storage fee rather than pay 1 lum sum (RM2.5k).

f00lgal,

Suevian,

Answer for above:-

1) Death benefit guaranteed is RM80K, Investment value means at the point the person die, the cash value (or most agent will say saving) have. Pls look at page 5 of 16, exp at age-6, when the person die, total amount will get is RM86,100 (RM80K is guaranteed, RM6,100K is not guaranteed, depends on market situation).

2) If die due to accident, parents will get RM20K (from acccident death benefit) + Death Benefit RM80K + Investment value. Medical Reimbursement is a very good benefit. Any claim due to accident, exp: finger cut, jatuh longkang, all these small accident does not need to admitted into hospital. So, the medical card unable apply here. With the Medical Reimbursement, all the clinic/ hospital bills you have paid due to accident can claim back the amount. Medical Reimbursement RM2K is per injury, no annual nor lifetime limit, the only limit is 2K per injury. My client son fall down from sofa, stiches, amount RM409, prudential has paid RM404. RM5 not reimburse cause is hopsital admin fee, not cover.

3) Yes, medical benefit is the Pruhealth Medical Card. Please refer to page 1 of 16, you will see the terms, Pruhealth term is 69 years, which means the medical card is until age-70. I would advise parents not to buy medical card for temporary or renew every year, as is very risky. If you have your own medical card bought in 2001 or 2002, compared to current year medical card, you will noticed the terms and conditions has change, and restriction is more, this not cover, that not cover. Hence, better have a medical card until age-70 or 80 if possible, when your child reach age-24, just ask them continue pay the premium. We wouldn't know in 20 years later, what other sickness will not be cover, as Insurance companies will not do business loose money.

4) Normal Hospital Confinement RM100 per day, is for any hospital no matter private or government. This is consider allowance. Some parents will claim the medical bill under company insurance, so not using own medical card. With this benefits, even parent claim Company Insurance, also entitle to claim this benefit.

5) Payor benefit. Payor on life assured's life means if the kid diagnose of 36 critical illness or Total Permanent Disability, the premium will be waived, means Prudential will pay the premium, client no need pay.

Payor on parent life means if parent (name in the policy) diagnose of 36 critical illness or Total Permanent Disability or death (before kid reach age-24), the premium will be waived, means Prudential will pay the premium, client no need pay.

6) For the investment, please look into page 5 of 16, projected investment rtn, total cash value column.

Is correct re-action u blur, if u not blur then we as agent cannot cari makan oledi...haha.

Thanks suevian =)

Now at least your explanation has clear our doubts =)

Alright, I will forward this to my HB =) thanks thanks .. kekekeke if there's any more questions I will post up here again. =)

Hi suevian:

I wish to buy medical card only for my daughter, does prudential have medical card plan for infant? She is 7 weeks old now. I dont wish to add in saving & education funds in the plan as i have my own investment for those funds. Hope you share with me the suitable plan and my budget for medical card is RM 100 - RM 200. My email: adkate01@yahoo.com

Thanks.

yaya .. suevian, maybe you also can share just the medical card plan with me? =)

Hi suevian:

I wish to buy medical card only for my daughter, does prudential have medical card plan for infant? She is 7 weeks old now. I dont wish to add in saving & education funds in the plan as i have my own investment for those funds. Hope you share with me the suitable plan and my budget for medical card is RM 100 - RM 200. My email: adkate01@yahoo.com

Thanks.

yaya .. suevian, maybe you also can share just the medical card plan with me? =)

Hi suevian:

Thanks.

Beautiful,

Yours is anak belum dilahirkan, so only this plan is available for u wor.

Is correct re-action u blur, if u not blur then we as agent cannot cari makan oledi...haha.

haha u r correct!!!

we haf 2 b blur :lol:

sorry...i m SOOOOO confused...

if we r getting the premium only which we pay RM50 or 100 monthly...NO medical card izit?

wut id we pay annually, would it b cheaper?

BTW wut is the function of medical card? hospitalisation bill?

Hi there ,

I will try to explain get things clearer ,

PRUmy child is not a medical card , PRUmy child attached with PRUearly start and PRUbest start will only cover congenital conditions and pregnancy complications , ICU/HDU for premature birth , death of foetus and death of mother. Your baby will also be covered for death benefit/total permanent disability and critical illness ( only covered 30 days after delivery ). You can also add medical card , but the medical card can only be activated 30 days after delivery.

The question is why bother to add now , just add after 30 days the baby borned la , you are wrong. It is more safer to add now because if your baby borned prematured then you have to wait for 2 years before can add medical card. If you add the medical card now before the baby borned no matter if the baby borned pre matured or not , the medical card still can be activated.

thankyou

From the moment the child is born, he/she is immediately covered under Child Care Benefit up to age 2 year old:

PRUearly Start

1) Child Care Benefits

a) ICU/HDU due to Premature Birth (Max 30 days): RM300/daily

b) Incubation of the new born (Max 60 days): RM100/daily

c) Infant Death (up to 30 days from child's birth): Higher of premiums

d) Hospitalisation due to 3 Congenital Conditions (up to 2 years from child's birth): RM25K/p.a [Congenital cataract, Congenital deafness & Anal atresia only]

2) Pregnancy Care Benefits

a) Pregnany Complication: Not Applicable

b) Death of Foetus: YES

c) Maternal Death: RM10K

PRUbest Start

1) Child Care Benefits

a) ICU/HDU due to Premature Birth (Max 30 days): RM500/daily

b) Incubation of the new born (Max 60 days): RM200/daily

c) Infant Death (up to 30 days from child's birth): Higher of premiums or NAV

d) Hospitalisation due to 10 Congenital Conditions (up to 2 years from child's birth): RM25K/p.a [Congenital cataract, Congenital deafness & Anal atresia, Infantile Hydrocephalus, Atrial septal defect, Ventricular septal defect, Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of Great Vessels, Truncus Arteriosus only]

2) Pregnancy Care Benefits

a) Pregnany Complication: Abruptio Placentae, Eclampsia, Amniotic fluid embolism

b) Death of Foetus: YES

c) Maternal Death: RM20K

As for the premium, PruEarly Start cost aroud RM50/mth, Prubest Start cost around RM100/mth. With adding some rider, the premium start from RM150 to RM300/mth or even more if more riders added in.

aishiteru

Very good question from you regarding the phototherapy at the hospital, I never think about this before. Check with company, NO COVER, pay from own pocket money.

Personally, my opinion is this insurance is not worth taking.

The ICU plus incubator benefit is misleading because it don't cover other cost like medication and doctors plus hospital charge.

If the baby need hospitalization more than 30 days, chances are the final bill will be 6 fiqures.

And there is almost very slim chance that a private hospital will take the baby for 30 days in NICU. Most of these babies will ended up in public hospital where the bill is next to nothing.

For infant death: We don't buy insurance for monetary gain for a dead baby. A death baby will cause great emotional pain but not much financial loss.

Congenital abnormalities: This coverage I think is gives more benefit for the insurance company. ALL these congenital abnormalities except deafness (which is extremely rare) CAN BE EXCLUDED in antenatal period by a good detail scan. Why would you pay money to insure something that you know doesn't exist during the antenatal period. The requirement of 3D photo is very tricky. I suspect what they want is if the 3D show a normal morphology (facial) feature of the baby, it is almost sure your baby is normal. If your 3D looks abnormal, they won't take you even though your baby may have no congenital abnormalities by detail scan. In another words, they only want to insure NORMAL FETUSES (and almost sure no payout by insurance company). Those with clues of abnormal features will be excluded.

As for the maternal complication benefit, I can tell for sure that NO PRIVATE DOCTORS will treat such cases (these are serious complications which may cause maternal death), they are almost sure to sent such pregnant ladies to public hospital (which the treatment cost nothing for the patient). The benefit they promise I think is about 6k which hardly cover 2 days of your stay in private hospitals if such complication happen. If you have such complications managed in private centres, you bill will runs in 50k or more. 6k (minus the premium you already paid) won't help much. All private doctors know that they have a safety net for such complications by the public hospitals as the patient no need to worry about the bill.

For death of the mother, you only get 20k which won't help much. Better get a life insurance (much cheaper as the maternal death insurance will be ended once you have safe delivery).

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Better go straight to buy a child insurance insurance AFTER the baby born and skip the antenatal part which almost sure you won't utilise it or benefit too small to cover any bill.

I totally agreed with nckeat. For me, I never offer the pru best start to clients, as the premium is very high and the reimbursement cannot help much.

The only benefit which I think is worth is a medical card before the baby is born. Based on my experience, I have clients' baby unable to get a medical card due to congenital illness, baby underweight, pre-matured or some exclusion when the baby got some sickness later on. So, at least now before anything knowing, a medical card is for sure to have oledi. NCkeat, is welcome you give me feedback in this.

I totally agreed with nckeat. For me, I never offer the pru best start to clients, as the premium is very high and the reimbursement cannot help much.

The only benefit which I think is worth is a medical card before the baby is born. Based on my experience, I have clients' baby unable to get a medical card due to congenital illness, baby underweight, pre-matured or some exclusion when the baby got some sickness later on. So, at least now before anything knowing, a medical card is for sure to have oledi. NCkeat, is welcome you give me feedback in this.

My only question is if these problematic babies were given the medical card, will the insurance company continue to renew the medical card after they are informed of the problem of these babies have after the 1st birthday? If not, there is no point as well.

In fact this may affect the ability of these babies to get other insurance like life or education insurance in future.

Better let the baby born. Except some congenital illness, underweight babies, premature babies may not have long term problem as the baby's growth may catch up AFTER birth and growth as normal healthy children. These children will likely to get normal insurance coverage.

This prumychild insurance is preying on parent's kiasu atitude but the eventual benefit is not much and most important will not solve any financial burden like normal insurance because:

1. Babies don't have much financial value especially when they are dead.

2. Babies don't generate income to the parents.

3. The medical bill is very much higher (in private centres) so much so the insurance benefit that you get won't help much.

My only question is if these problematic babies were given the medical card, will the insurance company continue to renew the medical card after they are informed of the problem of these babies have after the 1st birthday? If not, there is no point as well.

In fact this may affect the ability of these babies to get other insurance like life or education insurance in future.

Better let the baby born. Except some congenital illness, underweight babies, premature babies may not have long term problem as the baby's growth may catch up AFTER birth and growth as normal healthy children. These children will likely to get normal insurance coverage.

This prumychild insurance is preying on parent's kiasu atitude but the eventual benefit is not much and most important will not solve any financial burden like normal insurance because:

3. The medical bill is very much higher (in private centres) so much so the insurance benefit that you get won't help much.

Yes, once the medical card is approved, it is guaranteed renew every year until age-70. The only things is cannot be upgraded until confirm the child health is okay.

I'm not quite understand of your sentence "In fact this may affect the ability of these babies to get other insurance like life or education insurance in future". Do you means a healthy kid or not healthy? If a non healthy kid, all the insurance (life or education) will not be approved.

I have study this plan, when the kid reach age-18, there are some cash value that can be taken out for education.

I don't think insurance company can simply "terminate" (i.e. not renew) the medical card for a sick child. The medical card is valid provided parents continue to pay the premium. Of course, all medical cards come with two limits - annual limit and life-time limit. Please be very careful about the limits .... There is no point having a very high life-time but the annual limit is very low, e.g. RM1 mil life time limit comes with only RM50k annual limit, that's pointless! This is because if baby is so unlucky to be plagued by critical illness, the annual medical bills would be very substantial.

In my opinion, we can't say insurance does not have much benefits or just for kiasu parents. We need them for contingency/protection purpose, and also for future planning, e.g. savings for our child's education. Insurance is not supposed to be "income generating", though they forms an essential part of our financial planning. We really need to allocate our income for different purpose, e.g. investments, insurance/protection, retirement, etc.

mm

Yes, once the medical card is approved, it is guaranteed renew every year until age-70. The only things is cannot be upgraded until confirm the child health is okay.

I'm not quite understand of your sentence "In fact this may affect the ability of these babies to get other insurance like life or education insurance in future". Do you means a healthy kid or not healthy? If a non healthy kid, all the insurance (life or education) will not be approved.

I have study this plan, when the kid reach age-18, there are some cash value that can be taken out for education.

What I mean is if the baby is labelled to have certain medical problem, it may affect the child future ability to get inurance policy or topup etc as the child will be perceived to have certain health risk and his premium will be very much higher. He also have to reveal the antenatal problem when go to other insurance company as well whcih might affect his chance to get insurance.

I don't think insurance company can simply "terminate" (i.e. not renew) the medical card for a sick child. The medical card is valid provided parents continue to pay the premium. Of course, all medical cards come with two limits - annual limit and life-time limit. Please be very careful about the limits .... There is no point having a very high life-time but the annual limit is very low, e.g. RM1 mil life time limit comes with only RM50k annual limit, that's pointless! This is because if baby is so unlucky to be plagued by critical illness, the annual medical bills would be very substantial.

In my opinion, we can't say insurance does not have much benefits or just for kiasu parents. We need them for contingency/protection purpose, and also for future planning, e.g. savings for our child's education. Insurance is not supposed to be "income generating", though they forms an essential part of our financial planning. We really need to allocate our income for different purpose, e.g. investments, insurance/protection, retirement, etc.

I totally agree with you but my point is this prumychild insurance don't serve any purpose as their maximum payout for any problematic baby and mother during the pregnancy or immediate postpartum period is not much and will not help in anyway to relieve the financial burden.

If we want medical benefit for the child, the best is to get it AFTER the baby is born.

There can only be 2 senarios:

1. Problematic baby - payout by insurance company definately not enough and worse the medical benefit cannot be top up and subjected to annual limit. In this case 25k per year (for TWO years only) which is not even enough for any major surgery and follow up for those congenital abnormalities insured (which can be ruled out antenatally by scan easily). So the criterias set by the insurance company is to select the normal babies out and insure them. Majority of the abnormal babies found by the doctor antenatally by scan will not be insured. It is total waste of money to insure normal babies. Worst of all babies rejected by insurance company for some arbitrary reasons such as low birthweight, low growth etc may not get full coverage later or have to pay much higher premium when they are born or not allowed to top up their insurance limit.

2. Normal babies - you waste the money on the part of antenatal coverage.

Why AFTER birth because the purpose of insurance is to insure against the UNKNOWN future for the child.

As for antenatal period which lasted9 months, the doctor assessment will more or less predicted the outcome of the baby.

Insurance company depend on the doctors's assessment and pick up these normal babies to insure them.

Almost all those with those congenital abnormalities quoted will be picked up by a good scan and aseessment, thus the risk for insurance company pay out is almost nil.

As for the maternal complication coverage, the benefit is negligible.

If the mother is dead, 20k make no impact for the future for her baby and other children.

Better buy a life insurance for example RM1 million. The premium is not much, probably hundreds per month but future of her children is insured.

If the child have certain illness problem after born, is definately will affect ability to buy insurance already. That's why this Prumychild can solve this problem.

Let say do not have this prumychild, the kid born is prematured, so definately insurance will not accept this case, and will say wait until the kid reach 2 years old, and case can be relook. Unless,the parent do not declare anything when sign up the form. But if the kid admitted hospital due to fever, when claims come, is definately can be found out by insurance company this kid is prematured, then also cannot claim. Unless the doctor help the patient not to disclose the fact that this kid not premature.

By the way, can ask you will doctor help to not disclose certain fact so that client can get insurance claim? :P

If the child have certain illness problem after born, is definately will affect ability to buy insurance already. That's why this Prumychild can solve this problem.

Let say do not have this prumychild, the kid born is prematured, so definately insurance will not accept this case, and will say wait until the kid reach 2 years old, and case can be relook. Unless,the parent do not declare anything when sign up the form. But if the kid admitted hospital due to fever, when claims come, is definately can be found out by insurance company this kid is prematured, then also cannot claim. Unless the doctor help the patient not to disclose the fact that this kid not premature.

By the way, can ask you will doctor help to not disclose certain fact so that client can get insurance claim? :P

Even the baby is born premature let say at 30 weeks. How much the prumychild can cover? A day of NICU in private is about RM1000 per day excluding doctors, medication and hospital charges. And most likely the private doctor will sent these babies to public hospital which have better facilities BUT the point is you don't pay much in public hospital. A one month stay in NICU will probably cost RM100 only and that too you can choose not to pay if you are poor. So prumychild cannot lighten the financial burden of premature baby.

Secondly a child having fever may not due to history of premature labour. E.g. viral fever or dengue fever have nothing to do with premature labour. Private doctors often will omit this fact when they fill the insurance form.

My only objection of prumychild is the antenatal part which I think is absolutely not necessary as the insurance company criterias will only pick up the NORMAL fetuses. Those abnormal fetuses will likely be excluded by insurance companies as the obstetricians are usually quite good in detecting the congenital abnormalities that mentioned.

As for those complications related to pregnancy, the payout is just not high enough to cover any bill in private hospitals.

These complications are well covered by public hospitals. And again I wish to mention that these maternal complications usually don't managed by private centres.