serendipity_gal

Where to buy brocade cloth for cheongsam?

Dear all,

Does anyone know where to buy good quality brocade cloth to be used to make cheongsam?

I have seen some at Kamdar, Midvalley, but they are quite thin and afraid it may not look nice for a wedding cheongsam. Those may probably be sufficient for cheongsam for normal occasions but for wedding, would probably need something thicker and more luxurious.

Many thanks!

U may try GULATI at Sunway Damansara...

Or walk around the Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman...there are lots of textile shops..

I bought my chinese brocade from Fah Num, a textile shop located opposite the big Petaling Street signboard. The cloth is really pretty - even Mrs.Gan said for quality cloth, it is best to go to Fah Num. I paid RM60 per metre: 2.8m for knee-length cheongsam, and 3.2m for long cheongsam.

I too bought my fabric from Fah Num. I didn't go with brocade though, I bought Swiss Lace for my cheongsam. Their price is on the higher end compared to other textile shops, but their quality is really good.

There is another cloth shop at SS2 which sells brocade cloth. I can't remember the name, but I know it's on the same row as Kamdar. The choices are not too bad, and the price is quite reasonable.

Anyone has the contact for the exclusive handmade Cheong Sam maker? My mum has very high interest to have one for herself.

you can try www.iamabride.com

i made my qipao gown from there. i've also engaged them to do my evening gown and wedding gown too !

Wow nice sharing, i felt very happy by seeing your post,you are posted link is really awesome. I want to buy a cute white gown to my sister, but i unable to find it. So i am glad to see your post. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Learn how to...
- Picking the Perfect Cheongsam by Iam A Bride® Wedding
- Taste, See & Smell by Shing's Cakery
- Learn the ins and outs of 'Open Face' a Wedding Ritual - Face Threading by Reffinej Wellness Beauty & Spa

You can't afford to miss our workshop, the only educational and SENSATIONAL sessions costumed & personalized for, You Are The BRIDE! :smile: