Dear all....

I am a christian and my FH n his family are not.....but I truly wish to have the holy matrimony in my church to have blessing from pastor n God.....However, my church don't allow a christian n non christian to have wedding ceremony at church....and they have a rule, ur AD must be within one month after the ROM. I was so disappointed.....I wish to know is there any churches which allow a christian n a non- christian having holy matrimony at church? I don't want this to be a thing for me to regret for my whole life~~~~

Please advise.......Thanks so much ^ ^

Dear all....

I am a christian and my FH n his family are not.....but I truly wish to have the holy matrimony in my church to have blessing from pastor n God.....However, my church don't allow a christian n non christian to have wedding ceremony at church....and they have a rule, ur AD must be within one month after the ROM. I was so disappointed.....I wish to know is there any churches which allow a christian n a non- christian having holy matrimony at church? I don't want this to be a thing for me to regret for my whole life~~~~

Most churches wouldn't allow. If they do, they'd actually be going against the rule when the bible clearly teaches `do not be unequally yoke.' Do not know if it should be something to be proud of or sad about. But then you can give it a shot. If you're in Klang valley, there's this vibrant church call Acts headed by a pastor named Kenneth Chin if I am not mistaken. They're a radical movement and they might find ways for you. Give it a shot, never try, never know. Good luck!

Nice to hear that there is at least someone who is ok with non christian & christian marriage and not make noise about it.

My bf's mom put her foot down that in the even that we get married, I MUST embrace christianity to be accepted into the family. Bleh~

Nice to hear that there is at least someone who is ok with non christian & christian marriage and not make noise about it.

My bf's mom put her foot down that in the even that we get married, I MUST embrace christianity to be accepted into the family. Bleh~

Wah~ no need lah...

My HB is a buddhist and I'm a catholic. The Catholic church doesn't prevent it although it means I cannot receive the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony (reserved for catholics who marry catholics). Many of my catholic extended family members asks when my HB is going to be converted. I always respond: "see lah, when God decides".

The catholic church encourages conversion, but not a forced one. The process takes time and at every stage they ask if you are entering at your own free will.

Just curious, what denomination is ur BF's family in?

I just got married two weeks back. I am a Catholic while my husband is an Anglican. We faced lots of argument from his family side at our initial stage of wedding preparation. Both of us didn't require each other to convert at all, to us, no matter what dominant are you from, still we believe in one God only. So then we decided to have the wedding held at Catholic church.

In Catholic church, there are three types of holy matrimony:

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

3. catholic & Non-Christian

Certain churches do allow Catholic and Christian to have a full wedding mass but not in my case. This is actually depends on the priest. But we still exchanged vows, received blessing from the priest in the church, except that he doesn't receive communion. My Church is very strict in all these matter, but in my Godbrother's case, he was actually having full wedding mass even though the wife isn't a Christian at all.

We also went through the Catholic Marriage Preparation Course prior to the pre-nuptial inquiry. The class is actually concentrate more on marriage life, unity with God and communications, not the conversion part that many people thought of. They never force my husband to convert as well, instead, they told me to leave it to God.

Then, we were also told not to have our civil registration too early, reason being is anything can happen after civil registration. This is just their way to reduce the percentage of divorce cases. Sometimes you might never know what can happen tomorrow. I had heard of cases whereby the couple actually broke up after having food tasting for their wedding dinner, and it was one month plus before the wedding. So try not to stress yourself and think too much. Pray hard to God fir His guidance.

I just got married two weeks back. I am a Catholic while my husband is an Anglican. We faced lots of argument from his family side at our initial stage of wedding preparation. Both of us didn't require each other to convert at all, to us, no matter what dominant are you from, still we believe in one God only. So then we decided to have the wedding held at Catholic church.

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

Certain churches do allow Catholic and Christian to have a full wedding mass but not in my case. This is actually depends on the priest. But we still exchanged vows, received blessing from the priest in the church, except that he doesn't receive communion. My Church is very strict in all these matter, but in my Godbrother's case, he was actually having full wedding mass even though the wife isn't a Christian at all.

We also went through the Catholic Marriage Preparation Course prior to the pre-nuptial inquiry. The class is actually concentrate more on marriage life, unity with God and communications, not the conversion part that many people thought of. They never force my husband to convert as well, instead, they told me to leave it to God.

Then, we were also told not to have our civil registration too early, reason being is anything can happen after civil registration. This is just their way to reduce the percentage of divorce cases. Sometimes you might never know what can happen tomorrow. I had heard of cases whereby the couple actually broke up after having food tasting for their wedding dinner, and it was one month plus before the wedding. So try not to stress yourself and think too much. Pray hard to God fir His guidance.

hi, i m a catholic too, but i m not so sure about the booklet eventhough i already have the cd from the parish office, can u give me some idea? or can u show me ur booklet? i really need it cos my wedding is fall on 10 july but until now i havent sent the sample to father to see through yet!!

thanks alot for ur helping . s_lai_kuan@hotmail.com

Wah~ no need lah...

My HB is a buddhist and I'm a catholic. The Catholic church doesn't prevent it although it means I cannot receive the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony (reserved for catholics who marry catholics). Many of my catholic extended family members asks when my HB is going to be converted. I always respond: "see lah, when God decides".

The catholic church encourages conversion, but not a forced one. The process takes time and at every stage they ask if you are entering at your own free will.

Just curious, what denomination is ur BF's family in?

Hmn ... he's not Catholic, so he must be protestant? Not realli sure coz he himself is rather unsure about his religion path. Just that his family is really into religion and keep pester him to baptis. I mean, its funny. I have no qualms in him embracing his religion and such. Hence I used to ask him why not he baptise till now. When I asked him about his believe in god and such, he told me he still have doubts. I asked him why not he clarify and seek for understanding. He told me he was very disappointed in his church as well as his family as they will say he is being " controlled or possesed " by demons when he raise his doubts to the pastor. Sort of like, he is being disturbed by demons and thats why he would utter such nonsense ?

When I hear this, I want to pengsan. I mean, they only know keep pestering him to go church and believe in GOD blindly ... but when he raise his doubts and ask questions, there is no one to guide him. Simply say he kena demon disturb that's why he couldn't see how great Christianity is ... or is it GOD? =.=

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

hai jo liew.. nice to hear the info from you.. i am a Catholic and my bf is not.. and we have plan to marry next 2012, it still long way to go.. but i am starting to make a preparation for it.. in my family only me and my eldest sister are Catholic..

-may i know what kind of procedure have to make to have wedding mass?

-do we must join the Catholic preparation course before wedding mass? as i am not confident enough my bf will take part of this?

-i and my bf are not malaysian, do u think malaysian Catholic still allow me to have wedding mass in Malaysia?

since i and my bf have been working here for 6 months..

-may i know where is your church? is that St. Ignatius? do u have their contact number so that i can ask for further info?

Thanks

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

hai jo liew.. nice to hear the info from you.. i am a Catholic and my bf is not.. and we have plan to marry next 2012, it still long way to go.. but i am starting to make a preparation for it.. in my family only me and my eldest sister are Catholic..

-do we must join the Catholic preparation course before wedding mass? as i am not confident enough my bf will take part of this?

-i and my bf are not malaysian, do u think malaysian Catholic still allow me to have wedding mass in Malaysia?

-may i know where is your church? is that St. Ignatius? do u have their contact number so that i can ask for further info?

Thanks

hi, i m from church st.ignatius , u shud go to the parish office , the staff is very nice and helpful, u can ask from them!

for ur problem, u can ask for the priest, he will help u as well!

hope this can help u!

Hi Alison,

I am too a Christian but my hb (then bf) was and still is not.

I went through alot of stress during the preparation stage of our wedding because I have always wanted a church wedding. To make matters worse, I am the ONLY Christian in both sides of the family and I did not get much support in this case. I prayed about it over and over, but I think God has His timing that we ought to follow.

My dream wedding in a church did not materialise ... it was a normal Chinese traditional wedding and my hb insisted on "worshiping" his ancestors and god with the joss sticks which I did not. But thankfully, I am quite fortunate in the sense that my in laws did not push me into holding the joss sticks during prayers at the wedding. They were very understanding towards my faith. I was depressed and restless throughout before the wedding because of my crushed dreams ... but in the end God gave me peace in my heart knowing that He has something better for me ahead. My fellow church friends encouraged me to be patient before the Lord and not to push my hb (then bf) into accepting Christ / baptising in the name of God when he is not ready because I will be causing him to sin if his heart has not been faithfully prepared to receive the Holy Spirit in his life. And also, asking my hb to exchange vows before the God he does not believe is like condemning him to hell. The marriage vow is a sacred vow (if you read the contents properly) and that's why Christians are not encouraged to divorce in any circumstances as it is writtten in the bible.

So I thought, what if I don't get my church wedding now? There is always hope for a renewal of vow whenever your partner is ready to accept Christ in his life and this time, it is in God's time. The ceremony can be arranged similar to that of a full-fledged church wedding (it depends how u want to arrange it). Some Christians might not agree to my marriage with my hb who is a non Christian, but I only believe in God's purpose in life for me. Through our marriage, my hb is also sanctified as it is wrriten in the bible too. And I believe God is using me to minister to my hb of His goodness and grace.

I hope this provides you some clarify in the reason why Christians are to marry in church only when their partners are also Christians in the same faith believing in the same God.

Let's pray for our partners' salvation. That's our mission from God for now.

God bless,

sfgoh

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

hi, i m a catholic too, but i m not so sure about the booklet eventhough i already have the cd from the parish office, can u give me some idea? or can u show me ur booklet? i really need it cos my wedding is fall on 10 july but until now i havent sent the sample to father to see through yet!!

Hi, Just saw you message now. I only have the indesign file with me now, the pdf copy is in my office's pc. will email it to you on Monday. which church r u going to hv ur wedding?

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

Thanks

Hi Veronika,

Re your questions, yes, both must attend CMPC before having a wedding in church. Re foreigner having a church wedding in Msia, I would suggest you to talk to the priest on how to move fwd. Different church may hv different procedures. I am attending mass and had my wed @ Holy Rosary Church Brickfields.

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

Hi, Just saw you message now. I only have the indesign file with me now, the pdf copy is in my office's pc. will email it to you on Monday. which church r u going to hv ur wedding?

thanks alot!!! i 've choose the St.Ignatius Church at kelana jaya!!

Thanks Senoraa and Jo liew for the info..

i will contact them later.. actually i still keep on discuss this matter with my future husband.. since he and his family not so happy enough with this.. i think i will face a difficult time to arguing with them .. but i will strongly keep my demand, as this is the once in a lifetime event in my life.. T_T

Hope the situation getting better later..

:sauer2:

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

Thanks

hi, i m from church st.ignatius , u shud go to the parish office , the staff is very nice and helpful, u can ask from them!

for ur problem, u can ask for the priest, he will help u as well!

hope this can help u!

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

i already email u the sample booklet this mrng, hope it helps

hi veronika,

i also went thru tough time during preparation as his family doesn't accept a Catholic wedding. We argued a lot till a church fren told me just stay calm, dun say anything but pray to God. eventually you will see how amaze is God's work.

Dear all....

Dear Alison,

There's a topic in forum about christian & non christian wedding (here). There's some info there about churches in Malaysia.

1. Catholic & Catholic

2. Catholic & Christian

indesign file with me now, the pdf copy is in my office's pc. will email it to you on Monday. which church r u going to hv ur wedding?

i already email u the sample booklet this mrng, hope it helps

Hi Jo Liew & Senoraa,

Hey gals, Can i have the booklet sample & send it to felgng@hotmail.com. :tongue:

Dear all....

hi alison128, is ur problem be solved? may i know how?

Hi Alison,

I am too a Christian but my hb (then bf) was and still is not.

I went through alot of stress during the preparation stage of our wedding because I have always wanted a church wedding. To make matters worse, I am the ONLY Christian in both sides of the family and I did not get much support in this case. I prayed about it over and over, but I think God has His timing that we ought to follow.

My dream wedding in a church did not materialise ... it was a normal Chinese traditional wedding and my hb insisted on "worshiping" his ancestors and god with the joss sticks which I did not. But thankfully, I am quite fortunate in the sense that my in laws did not push me into holding the joss sticks during prayers at the wedding. They were very understanding towards my faith. I was depressed and restless throughout before the wedding because of my crushed dreams ... but in the end God gave me peace in my heart knowing that He has something better for me ahead. My fellow church friends encouraged me to be patient before the Lord and not to push my hb (then bf) into accepting Christ / baptising in the name of God when he is not ready because I will be causing him to sin if his heart has not been faithfully prepared to receive the Holy Spirit in his life. And also, asking my hb to exchange vows before the God he does not believe is like condemning him to hell. The marriage vow is a sacred vow (if you read the contents properly) and that's why Christians are not encouraged to divorce in any circumstances as it is writtten in the bible.

So I thought, what if I don't get my church wedding now? There is always hope for a renewal of vow whenever your partner is ready to accept Christ in his life and this time, it is in God's time. The ceremony can be arranged similar to that of a full-fledged church wedding (it depends how u want to arrange it). Some Christians might not agree to my marriage with my hb who is a non Christian, but I only believe in God's purpose in life for me. Through our marriage, my hb is also sanctified as it is wrriten in the bible too. And I believe God is using me to minister to my hb of His goodness and grace.

I hope this provides you some clarify in the reason why Christians are to marry in church only when their partners are also Christians in the same faith believing in the same God.

Let's pray for our partners' salvation. That's our mission from God for now.

God bless,

sfgoh

Hi sfgoh, how are you?

My situation is the same as you: I'm the only christian in both sides families. I don't know how to go further....I pray and read the bible very very regularly, I really don't know what to do...Different christian friends give me different opinions...

Hi Sfgoh,

Thanks sis~ I really find comfort in your reply.. at least sumone shares the same problem and same thought with me....Yea, lets keep on praying for our partner, I believe God will have His own timing.... and you know what....I just discovered that its really a great challenge for people to have unbelieving spouses.... we really need support from each other when we are struggling with this issue....Thanks again...God bless:)

Dear all....

hi alison128, is ur problem be solved? may i know how?

just compromise:)

I was also in the same boat. My husband is a buddhist and I'm a Christian. I've always wanted a church wedding and I've had some friends telling me I CAN'T marry a non-christian and etc etc.

I'm not gonna go into the details of all that but let me just say that god has plans for everyone and there's really no point in pushing/forcing your love one to conform with what you want because that just causes more rift in your marriage/relationship. My husband's paternal home has an altar and whenever he's back there, he would light up joss stick and prays as a form of respect to his grandfather/ancestors. He does not force me to light one and neither does my FIL.

For that, I compromise because they did not force me and I should not force him/them. My husband also does not stop/make noise about me attending church/watch devotional videos. In fact he watches them with me as well.

So let it be, compromise and who knows, god will have good news for you one day. If it's any comfort - my dad recently accepted Christ and it took him more than 15 years to do so. He now loves the church and his cell members.

i totally understand your situation...i'm also dealing with the same issue last year...luckily FH still will listen and we went for the marriage preparation course organised by the church..really helps a lot in the communication area...just have to learn to give n take :happy: