Sign in to follow this  
mummy_yen

baby refuse to bottle feed

hi mommies, any of the breastfeeding mom experience the baby refusing to feed from bottle? my girl is 6 weeks n I have been breastfeeding her exclusively. For the first month, my CL feed her from the bottle in the night and my girl is feeding ok but now she totally refuse and would scream her head off.

Any suggestions? I am desperate already.

Hi mummy_yen, have u tried to get ohter ppl to bottle feed your baby? My baby had the same problem and same case like you, my MIL fed her with bottles once in 2 days and she had no problem taking it. Then I only did direct latch after that. On 7th week, when my hubby tried to bottle feed her, she cried till siao... we gave up. Later when my mum came, I got my mum to feed her and my girl actually finished the milk! My mum told me she sucked very fast too...

So, try to get some other ppl to bottlefeed her and see... sometimes they choose their feeders... :smile:

i have tried what bearbear n janicelly suggested but still no luck. :( my milk is getting wasted in the fridge. i will try again tomorrow n see what happens.

mummy yen,

It takes some time for your baby to get use to bottle feeding. So be patient. My daughter cried the house down initially at 7 weeks but she drink beautifully for the babysitter :s. Even after that, there are times she "relapse" & my babysitter have to use syringe to feed her.

Your EBM can be kept in the fridge (chiller section) for up to 5 - 8 days (depend on which schedule you wanna follow). Try with small amount & freeze the rest to avoid wastage?

Don't give up ok? Be patient & I am sure everything will work out :). Good luck!

mummy yen, i know how u feel... and yeah, like what janicelly said, use the fresh one and maybe try with 1oz everytime to prevent wastage.

And remember to go far far away when some other ppl is feeding your baby. :smile:

good luck!

mummy yen,

u r not alone ... am still struggling with the same problem

maybe, u (or ur hubby) can try feeding your bb when she's drowsy/sleepy - put her to sleep, after 10 minutes, pick her up and feed .... or else you can try using spoon, cup or syringe

My friend read about the information from SG forum and she told me, if wanna bottle feed get the third party to do it like your CL, MIL and the daddy. And away from the mummy as they will get the smell and refuse to use bottle feed, so mummy only do the latch on and bottle feed by another person.

I plan to get the daddy to do the bottle feed since daddy is also the CL =P

Hi all mommies,

thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely try again and it's good to know I am not alone. Luckily, my mom have been very patient with Zoey's screaming.

linlin, the adiri bottle is so expensive! I thought the Pigeon small glass bottle was expensive. *pengsan* but will do anything for my daughter if she still doesnt take the bottle.

WIsh me luck!

Has anyone tried bottle feeding baby yourself? I tried and failed miserably.... baby pushed out the teat with her tongue and turned her face to my breasts...

Only my husband can bottlefeed her IF she's in good mood....

Has anyone tried bottle feeding baby yourself? I tried and failed miserably.... baby pushed out the teat with her tongue and turned her face to my breasts...

Only my husband can bottlefeed her IF she's in good mood....

I tried personally also failed~ Think they complaining we can latch on but don't want. Even when he is very hungry he also refused to swallow down the ebm, all spit out. Also only my grandmother and godmother can bottlefeed him if he is in super good mood also =.=" but mostly failed.