Hi gal,

I have a friend that is planning to get marry in Johor but dun no whats the procedure in malaysia work and what form to fill. Also dunno where to Register, I am trying my best to source for her. Please help!

there's a JPN branch in JB, behind the post office building.

for more info, can go to www.jpn.gov.my - click on 'perkahwinan' matters, n lotsa info there. it's standardised throughout the country.

btw, one of our forumer, jayne had her ROM in JB. mayb u can PM her for more details :)

there are few choices here.

Goverment, private place like Association....

IF government is more cheaper and more troublesome as you need to submit forms urself, and Pesuruhjaya Sumpah also then resubmit to the JPN.

but is u go to association, it will be expensive but save alot of works, just go there sign.

Gov- u cannot choose teh date u wan, private iu can choose ur own dates.

if you wan, i can help provide phone no and address for few chinese associations.

thnks

Go for those chinese association is easier & can choose the day u want. for the goverment what i know is no ppl other than witness can attend the ceremony.

Hi gals,

Thanks for the reply, when you all talk about those can choose your own date one type of celebrant. Can we ask the celebrant to come to the house or the dinner to sign the marriage cert?

Dear pychan,

I need those association contact number in JB, for I plan to ROM at 5/5/2007, but do not know where le..can you please provide to me those contact..arigato!! :lol:

Hi gals,

Thanks for the reply, when you all talk about those can choose your own date one type of celebrant. Can we ask the celebrant to come to the house or the dinner to sign the marriage cert?

Hi Kit,

Can ask them out for the ceremony. One of my fren did this last year to their house. I think one of our member her Lavender also do the same for her ROM

kit,

as long as the solemnizer is ok with signing the paper outside of his or her office, it can b done. as pychan n xiaoposh said, go to those association one...

gals,

i saw one 'pendaftar perkahwinan' office on my left once i made u-turn after custom into city square... is that an valid office? it looks so old to me leh...

Hi,

Just get to know this Forum.. Would like to know more abt the places to ROM in JB. Heard from frens that Zhong Hua Gong Hui is quite nice.. Any other places that you guys & gals can recommend me with better atmosphere????? <_<

Hi papaya,

There are few places where you can ROM,

1. JPN- where we are doing our passport.

2. 中華商會- in Taman Tasek, near MayBank, or same row with Geoge & Dragon, I ROM here, hehe

3. 中華工會- in 大馬花園, or ppl always mentioned that as Eon Bank, or near the Catholic Churh.

Hope it helps!!

Hi papaya,

2. 中華商會- in Taman Tasek, near MayBank, or same row with Geoge & Dragon, I ROM here, hehe

3. 中華工會- in 大馬花園, or ppl always mentioned that as Eon Bank, or near the Catholic Churh.

Hope it helps!!

Hi... I am working in Singapore, therefore, thinking of ROM at JB. Besides the 3 places above,

no more we can go? Is any buddhist temple....?

Anyone ROM at JB before? mind to share me your photos?

TQ

Hi papaya,

Hope it helps!!

I will be having my ROM on 11-11-08. Wish to get some advice on where would be a better choice to do it. I am from Sarawak and my wife-to-be is from Muar, both of us is working in SG...

I called the JB Chinese Association; (Persatuan TiongHua Johor Bahru, tel: 07-2788999) and was told i can do the registration there also. Will be going down next week to do the application. I'll be checking out the rest of the place and hopefully can put up some info on this tread as info for future reference.

Doogiedog

Hi papaya,

Hope it helps!!

I will be having my ROM on 11-11-08. Wish to get some advice on where would be a better choice to do it. I am from Sarawak and my wife-to-be is from Muar, both of us is working in SG...

I called the JB Chinese Association; (Persatuan TiongHua Johor Bahru, tel: 07-2788999) and was told i can do the registration there also. Will be going down next week to do the application. I'll be checking out the rest of the place and hopefully can put up some info on this tread as info for future reference.

Doogiedog

Add some details for this 2 association details :

注册地点

1. 新山中华工商总会

Johor Bahru Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry

电话: 07-2328669

传真: 07-2328699

报名时段: 星期一至星期六(早上9时30分至下午5时30分)

2. 新山中华工会

Persekutuan Tiong-Hua Johor Bahru

电话: 07-2788999

传真: 07-2788899

Hope its helpful for those wish plan to ROM at JB. :)

Hi papaya,

Hope it helps!!

Doogiedog

Add some details for this 2 association details :

注册地点

1. 新山中华工商总会

Johor Bahru Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry

电话: 07-2328669

传真: 07-2328699

报名时段: 星期一至星期六(早上9时30分至下午5时30分)

2. 新山中华工会

Persekutuan Tiong-Hua Johor Bahru

电话: 07-2788999

传真: 07-2788899

Hope its helpful for those wish plan to ROM at JB. :)

Anybody know where to ROM at Muar? Thank you very much.....