Sign in to follow this  
citylady

Can I Wear 2 Wedding Gowns???

For my actual day, the actual package is 1 wedding gown & 2 evening gowns.

However, I changed to 2 wedding gown & 1 evening gown.

- 1 wedding gown in the morning during "chut mun".

- 1 wedding gown during the wedding dinner grand entrance & then change to evening gown.

Reason for taking 2 wedding gowns is because I will never wear wedding gown again in future.

Evening gown can have chance to wear during grand function, friend's wedding, party,.....etc.

However, I was told by a friend that should wear 1 wedding gown only.

Because if wear 2 wedding gowns means you married twice....sth like that

If really want to wear wedding gown during wedding dinner, then should wear the same gown during "chut mun"?

i'm planning to wear 2 wedding gowns also coz no point taking 2 evening gowns.

its your wedding anyway, don't care what other ppl say unless u think u will regret wearing 2 WG.

^0^

Don't observe those pantangs. How about your pre-wedding shot? you are not only wearing 1 wedding gown, don't you? and also using veil too, right? so is that means you are marrying for more than 1 time!? ahhh .. don't listen to others, as those pantangs are just no logic.

I wore 2 weddings (with veil) for my pre-wedding shots, and AD only have 1 wedding gown (as tailor made) and I wore it again for dinner with same gown.

Remember, this is your wedding and not them and you don't need to listen to them on how you prepare and arrange your wedding. =)

I am planning to wear 2 wedding gown too..1 chut mun and 1 dinner first march in ( own tailor made)

then 1 evening gown on 2nd dinner march in plus one tailor made cheongsam for 3rd march in.

Don't really care about pantang...I want to fully utilize everything I have to make my day wonderful.

Even my friend said must wear back the same shoe, 1 and only 1 shoe...the one on ROM, the one on PS and the one on chut mun...but then I wore different for ROM, then 2 for PS...aiyo...what so pantang la...as long I it makes me look pretty...ahahhaha

it's our memorable day!!! have the maximum fun so we don't regret in the future!!!

Please, don't let those pantangs to control your wedding and your life.

Who created the pantangs? and who say all these pantangs are real? see .. each of us will have your 'own pantangs' then which one is correct? for me .. none of them are correct =D hahahahaha

So please, all the brides-to-be, be happy ya =)

I didn't chose the date, didn't follow all the pantangs and I'm pregnant now =) might you I forgot to 'switch' on the bed lights =D hahahahaha none of them were remember or to remind me =D hahahah if according to pantangs, will it bring any bad luck? I don't know but all I know I have a caring and loving husband and now we are going to welcome our princess soon =)

well... it actually depends on u as the bride.

do u value ur dream wedding more or do u value wat others think about pantangs more.

btw, in ur case, it is ur fren(s) that stated the pantangs.

if it was ur parents / in-laws that 'enforce' the pantangs then have to think twice la.

if not, i wud suggest u to go with wat u want. IT IS UR DAY. u're the boss. :smile:

btw, i had wore more than 2 wedding gowns throughout the whole marriage process.

guess i had married so many times to the same guy. :dry: lucky guy... lol..

Hi citylady,

As what evillin, pepper, beautifulgown & sherylp have said, don't let the pantang larang rule your big day so much. It all depends on what you and your husband are comfortable with.

Myself, I am planning to wear 2 wedding gowns, 1 for chut mun and 1 for march in during dinner. In fact, I went to shop (didn't take bridal studio package, so went to look for places to custom make the gowns) for wedding gowns with my mum, and when I told her my plans to wear 2 different gowns, she happily approved the 2 gown designs that I chose. :wink: Love my mum! So supportive.

So don't stress yourself over minor thing like this. You should be happily preparing for your big day. Cheerios~

Yeah, don't bother those pantangs. They will make you more confusing and unhappy!

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I will wear 2 Wedding Gowns & 1 Evening Gown as planned. :lol:

Hi citylady,

Glad to hear that! Happy planning to you...

Cheers! :wink:

I also wore 2 wedding gown 1 in the morning for chu mun and 1 for 1st march in during wedding dinner. 2nd march in I chnage to my evening gown. welcome u to my webbie to have a loom on the picture ya..

I wear 2 wedding gown also. 1 for chut mun and 1 for 1st march in, no pantang one lar... For me wedding gown looks better than evening gown at my bridal shop so i took 2 wedding gown so dun worry just do watever u like.

As long as both of you are happy, it doesn't matter actually. Go for what you think you like!

Kev & Wyn, your webbie needs password?