I and my husband bought a pair of white gold wedding ring.

However, my MIL said MUST wear gold wedding ring during actual day.....Looks better.

So we have to buy another pair of rings.

Is it true that the bride & groom must wear gold ring on AD?

BTW, will you followed your MIL to goldsmith shop to choose jewellery?

I thought bride will received gold necklace, ring,....etc from IN-LAWS during "tea-ceremony"?

Actually it is not necessary must get a "Gold" ring, mine is just a stainless steel ring (cheap cheap =P)

I think your MIL just want to have something more 'presentable' and for them GOLD is presentable rather than white gold or platinum or whatever ring.

mmm .. following MIL to goldsmith shop for the jewelry: well .. there are pros and cons. They may have certain budget (if they tell you how much-$ to choose) and they may not like the design that you chose? if they are 'generous' enuf, you will be able to get the design that you want =) That is kinda subjective anyway.

I don't have the experience as my MIL passed away 3 yrs ago so I didn't get anything from my in-laws (even FIL still around) and I'm okie with it and to me, it is not necessary that they must give me gold or whatever, to witness our wedding is already a blessing =) and that's what we want from them.

So far I have never heard about must wear gold wedding band for AD.

However, on the issue about getting gold during the tea ceremony, i think it depends on the groom's relatives. Some give gold, some just give angpow. Not really a must nowadays. My mom said no need gold liao ... gold so expensive now adays xD