amyliq

Bands/Musicians for Penang Wedding

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

U can try Chakora Band or Steel Guitar Band..

Chakora had been highly recomended by a few of my frenz and relative.

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Steel is depends on the package u took..

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Hey thanks all!

I recently got Steel Guitars' contact from my hotel and am waiting for their quote. I prob will keep those two in mind and when I go back to Penang next I will check them out. Am a bit frustrated that I am so far away and dont really know what I am paying for except by word of mouth! But thanks so much for all your comments. It sure comes in handy!

Quen

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Hey thanks all!

I recently got Steel Guitars' contact from my hotel and am waiting for their quote. I prob will keep those two in mind and when I go back to Penang next I will check them out. Am a bit frustrated that I am so far away and dont really know what I am paying for except by word of mouth! But thanks so much for all your comments. It sure comes in handy!

Quen

Amyliq

I just watch Steel Guitar performance yesterday night..

Their performance are good as they had a group of talent ppl.

But if you prefer to have chinese songs during ur wedding.. I think this group was not so suitable

The chinese singers is so so only as i heard chakora band can perform better in chinese songs..

By the way, if you plan your wedding day only performance english songs then this is a band which suitable for u

I think they will perform every tuesday and those who intrested can have alook on performance at there..

Do not be so frus okie...You do not need to pay anything before you had a look on their performance..

You just need to make sure they block the date for you

By the way, where you staying now? How come u are far away..?

Amyliq

But if you prefer to have chinese songs during ur wedding.. I think this group was not so suitable

The chinese singers is so so only as i heard chakora band can perform better in chinese songs..

By the way, if you plan your wedding day only performance english songs then this is a band which suitable for u

I think they will perform every tuesday and those who intrested can have alook on performance at there..

Do not be so frus okie...You do not need to pay anything before you had a look on their performance..

Thanks. I will make it a point to go back to Penang and be there on a Tuesday.

I am actually from Kedah but my fiance is from Penang so we will be holding the wedding in Penang. Unfortunately both of us work in Miri, Sarawak and it is quite a distance to keep travelling back. Hence I need to do a large part of the planning via email and phone first before narrowing down to a select few and then I go look at those.

English songs are good as majority of the guests are English speaking. Some old chinese songs would be nice but dont have also never mind la.

Strawberry

My wedding day is 17 Nov while dinner is on 18 Nov. So far I have booked hotel venue, gotten my wedding gown and florist. Am negotiating with Steel Guitars and Focal Concepts for music and extra decorations. See how la.

Also I got no evening gown yet. The rest I think still got time to do.

Anyone got ideas on good places to get wedding favors in Penang? My hotel suggests I get from outside because they said they charge a lot for it.

What do u mean by wedding favors?

Dinner Venue's Decorations?

Strawberry

My wedding day is 17 Nov while dinner is on 18 Nov. So far I have booked hotel venue, gotten my wedding gown and florist. Am negotiating with Steel Guitars and Focal Concepts for music and extra decorations. See how la.

Also I got no evening gown yet. The rest I think still got time to do.

Anyone got ideas on good places to get wedding favors in Penang? My hotel suggests I get from outside because they said they charge a lot for it.

What do u mean by wedding favors?

Dinner Venue's Decorations?

Wedding favors = the small small gifts for guests at dinner.

Yup. dinner decorations. my hotel is charging quite a lot for extra decorations so they advice me to go for an external decorator. i set them a budget of RM1000. Dont know if thats too kiam siap or not ah? I dont know what is the norm. I read in this forum its about 1.5k upwards....but i only want some extra to match what the hotel already give me. so i tell them RM1000 lor..will see what they offer me

Hi Amyliq...

Am just curious, which hotel did you book in PG? Besides, have you found your makeup artist and hair stylist? Anyone that you can recommend?

For your wedding favors, you might want to try this website: Lovely-romance.com. Hope this helps.

My situation is opposite from you. I am from Miri but both me and my fiance work in PG. Our wedding will be in Jan 2008 in PG, but will also have a dinner in Miri some where Dec this year. Besides, Air Asia is having promotion of 30 cents air fare from Miri - KL / KL - PG and vice versa from July to September this year. Not sure if you want to plan your trip during this time. Hope this is helpful for you too. :)

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Hey thanks all!

Quen

Amyliq

joavan22, where can we see their performance?

Hi all,

I had Chakora to perform on my Pg Wedding dinner.

I think they performed very well during my dinner. For this I requested and must have Jasmine as the main MC. Jasmine was also one of the singer during that night. She is good.

However at my friend's dinner, i wasn't impress with their performance and Jasmine wasn't there to perform.

So, is Jasmine really playing a role to make the event interesting ?

Well, I am not here to confused all of you, but just my opinion. :)

Hi all,

I think they performed very well during my dinner. For this I requested and must have Jasmine as the main MC. Jasmine was also one of the singer during that night. She is good.

However at my friend's dinner, i wasn't impress with their performance and Jasmine wasn't there to perform.

Hi Bunnie,

how much did they quote u? :rolleyes:

1.8K. 3 singers and one keyboard player. Not sure if there is another one. :)

Hi all,

Hi Bunnie,

how much did they quote u? :rolleyes:

Hi Amyliq...

Am just curious, which hotel did you book in PG? Besides, have you found your makeup artist and hair stylist? Anyone that you can recommend?

For your wedding favors, you might want to try this website: Lovely-romance.com. Hope this helps.

My situation is opposite from you. I am from Miri but both me and my fiance work in PG. Our wedding will be in Jan 2008 in PG, but will also have a dinner in Miri some where Dec this year. Besides, Air Asia is having promotion of 30 cents air fare from Miri - KL / KL - PG and vice versa from July to September this year. Not sure if you want to plan your trip during this time. Hope this is helpful for you too. :)

Hey Bearbear,

What a strange coincidence! Haha...yes I am AA's best customer for this year...I have a few tickets bought already during their sales last year so I'll keep them and use from time to time. I do have a lot of business trp to KL this year so I will also use that opportunity to maybe take a day or two off and from KL travel to Penang.

I have booked E&O Hotel for the dinner and asked an external decorator to put in some extra decorations. They returned the quote and it is much cheaper than the hotel. Basically for outside company they dont charge the ++ service charges and that saves a lot sometimes.

My relative in Pg did recommend a makeup person and hairdresser but I have to go back and try them out first. I dont have the contact details as she's a private beautician. Do u know of any? I have 2 colleagues here from Pg and they're getting married in Dec 07 and their makeup/hairdresser is from the Bridal Shop...cant remember what its called but it's one shop opposite Penang Chinese Girls School.

Hey Bearbear,

What a strange coincidence! Haha...yes I am AA's best customer for this year...I have a few tickets bought already during their sales last year so I'll keep them and use from time to time. I do have a lot of business trp to KL this year so I will also use that opportunity to maybe take a day or two off and from KL travel to Penang.

I have booked E&O Hotel for the dinner and asked an external decorator to put in some extra decorations. They returned the quote and it is much cheaper than the hotel. Basically for outside company they dont charge the ++ service charges and that saves a lot sometimes.

My relative in Pg did recommend a makeup person and hairdresser but I have to go back and try them out first. I dont have the contact details as she's a private beautician. Do u know of any? I have 2 colleagues here from Pg and they're getting married in Dec 07 and their makeup/hairdresser is from the Bridal Shop...cant remember what its called but it's one shop opposite Penang Chinese Girls School.

Hi Amyliq,

I have no idea for which beautician or make-up artist or hair stylist to book yet. I just found out from my friends that we need to go to the bridal shop for makeup, instead of having them to come over to our place to make up for us. I really didn't know that until yesterday. And I only moved to PG 1 year ago so I really have no idea who I can look for. If you have any contact, do let me know so that i can keep it as reference while I am asking around.

How about your wedding pictures? Are you going to take in Miri or PG? I also need to scratch my head to get dinner gowns + makeup artist + hair stylist in Miri for my dinner. *Stress* :(

Btw, E&O hotel has a very good view and ambience for wedding dinner. It's out of my budget so I didn't book it. But i heard of its nice environment before. GOod choice!

joavan22, where can we see their performance?

At Mount Erskine there..It near the place where we can eat the chicken chop...

If u r pg ppl..u shld have know whr i mean....

Usually they will perfomance every tuesday kuah...

If you had time you can drop to there and have a look on their performance.

That day the performance from 9 smthg to 12am..

If u need the contact to do watch their performace then let me know..

Wedding favors = the small small gifts for guests at dinner.

Yup. dinner decorations. my hotel is charging quite a lot for extra decorations so they advice me to go for an external decorator. i set them a budget of RM1000. Dont know if thats too kiam siap or not ah? I dont know what is the norm. I read in this forum its about 1.5k upwards....but i only want some extra to match what the hotel already give me. so i tell them RM1000 lor..will see what they offer me

i heard that the florist inside cititel thr had a good price for flower deco..

U might go there have a look...

By the way, u should have a look on thier hotel deco first b4 u ask ur extrenal deco to help u to deco ur ball room..

Else, u might having hardtime to mix and match it :P

Hey Bearbear,

Is that Bridal Shop name Kuang Yee?

I think the only BS opposite Penang Chinese Girl High Sch is Kuang yee loh..

U can check the "MUA in penang "post for Make up artist ..

There are a few contact from there whr u can make a call wt them to ask for the quo...

They will come to ur hse to make up

I know E&O floral arrangments is done by cititel florist. I got my bouquet & other flowers from this florist too. The price is very reasonable. I think if you want extra decoration to the ballroom is better used the same florist that the hotel is using. You can contact the florist directly to get a cheaper rate rather than go through the hotel .

I know E&O floral arrangments is done by cititel florist. I got my bouquet & other flowers from this florist too. The price is very reasonable. I think if you want extra decoration to the ballroom is better used the same florist that the hotel is using. You can contact the florist directly to get a cheaper rate rather than go through the hotel .

Hey everyone

Thanks for the tip. The external decorator I contacted was recommended by the hotel. Actually they told me to go source for someone else because they will charge a lot for anyting extra. This company is used to dealing with E&O so they do discuss with the hotel first to make sure the decorations suit each other.

For the package the hotel offer, they only provide flowers in middle for main table and 2 stands outside. So not much. I am not looking for a lot additional as well, just a few extra flower stands and chair ribbons for alternate chairs for guests. Dont need to over-decorate the ballroom because it is already quite nice on its own.

hi,

anyone know who sing solo in Penang? I didn't plan to have band as i will have a small wedding. Just want to find someone solo. any recommendation?Thanks.

How about your wedding pictures? Are you going to take in Miri or PG? I also need to scratch my head to get dinner gowns + makeup artist + hair stylist in Miri for my dinner. *Stress* :(

Hi there

For Miri, I have had quite a few friends here who got married last year and this year. A few shops near Boulevard shoppping area not bad with MU and gowns. I got my gown from Miri actually. Most gowns here are sent in from KL anyway so I did not bother to go anywhere else. It was love at first sight and I booked the gown immediately! :)