amyliq

Bands/Musicians for Penang Wedding

Chakora is very familiar to me because my cousins initially hired them for her wedding reception.

Apparently it is very difficult to get them when she is trying to contact them. They delayed her for at least 2 months just to email her with the quotations although she constantly contact them and each time be given with an excuse that they have overlooked her request. Despite that, she was patient enough to wait for them because she got their contact from recommendation from her friends. Lastly, upon receiving the quotations,she decided to hire them then again they took about one month to provide her with the account number for her to pay the deposit. From day one they already knew the date of her reception and after two weeks of silence from them although my cousin called them many times to remind them to give her the accuont number, they suddenly emailed her telling her that they have been fully booked. In the end my cousin sister left with no wedding bands for her reception.

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

U can try Chakora Band or Steel Guitar Band..

Chakora had been highly recomended by a few of my frenz and relative.

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Steel is depends on the package u took..

Chakora is very familiar to me because my cousins initially hired them for her wedding reception.

Apparently it is very difficult to get them when she is trying to contact them. They delayed her for at least 2 months just to email her with the quotations although she constantly contact them and each time be given with an excuse that they have overlooked her request. Despite that, she was patient enough to wait for them because she got their contact from recommendation from her friends. Lastly, upon receiving the quotations,she decided to hire them then again they took about one month to provide her with the account number for her to pay the deposit. From day one they already knew the date of her reception and after two weeks of silence from them although my cousin called them many times to remind them to give her the accuont number, they suddenly emailed her telling her that they have been fully booked. In the end my cousin sister left with no wedding bands for her reception.

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

U can try Chakora Band or Steel Guitar Band..

Chakora had been highly recomended by a few of my frenz and relative.

Steel also the same...

Chakora is rm1.8

Steel is depends on the package u took..

Hey thanks all!

I recently got Steel Guitars' contact from my hotel and am waiting for their quote. I prob will keep those two in mind and when I go back to Penang next I will check them out. Am a bit frustrated that I am so far away and dont really know what I am paying for except by word of mouth! But thanks so much for all your comments. It sure comes in handy!

Quen

Amyliq

I just watch Steel Guitar performance yesterday night..

Their performance are good as they had a group of talent ppl.

But if you prefer to have chinese songs during ur wedding.. I think this group was not so suitable

The chinese singers is so so only as i heard chakora band can perform better in chinese songs..

By the way, if you plan your wedding day only performance english songs then this is a band which suitable for u

I think they will perform every tuesday and those who intrested can have alook on performance at there..

Do not be so frus okie...You do not need to pay anything before you had a look on their performance..

You just need to make sure they block the date for you

By the way, where you staying now? How come u are far away..?

Why didnt your cousin look for another band if they showed they were not interested to perform for her? Took 2 months for the Band to email her the price? That's pretty long dont you think?

Dan, I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ON RICHARD and STEEL GUITAR! I should have joined this forum earlier. I hired them thinking that I can leave the rest of the night for them to create the environment but I was really dissapointed. Firstly, Richard promised to provide confetti machine when I enter the hall and of course it didnt happened. I asked for only 3 piece band....I chose the singers accordingly and I also chose all my songs that I want them to sing. The singers i chose was Heidi (main singer), Winnie(MC, 2nd singer) and a pianist.

I am sorry to re-open the old thread but I am looking for a Chinese lady emcee cum singer name Winnie. May I know if the Winnie that you refer fluent in Chinese and some dialects? The respond is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

if you girls want a hassle free Wedding Live Band that is guaranteed to make all your guests smile and laugh with delight...the perfect band is AMANDA SAX & K.G STRING BAND

They are completely different from all the Bands you have seen in Weddings. They interact with the guests a lot in between songs with hilarious Jokes that are cheeky and funny. :thumbsu:

They can speak fluent English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka, Teochew and Malay!. That basically covers just about all the major Chinese dialects in Malaysia too!

Pls email me at events.empire@gmail.com

If you wish to speak to Amanda or KG, please call 016-2830765. If you wish to speak to me, please call 03-788073473 during office hours :thumbsu:

OCBC-AfterShow2_stage.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Good news everyone, we added Magicians to our service packages,

Please check us out and ask for our quotations.

And please check out our Wedding Live Bands, we are able to play virtually every kind of music possible,

the band can perform for any occasion including weddings,

conventions, festivals, and all other public and private events. Our band features with extremely talented vocalists and musicians.

Each performance includes significant audience interaction, and because of the diversity of the band's immense song lists, there is

something for everybody to enjoy.

Check us out at http://www.wedding-l...d-malaysia.com/

Warmest Regards,

Debbie