amyliq

Bands/Musicians for Penang Wedding

newbride..how much is ur package?

tslim..10q for ur recommendation..but i've paid deposit with Steel Guitar d. Jz hope & cross my fingers that they will not disappoint us..

You are welcome..Congrats!!!!!

tslim..10q for ur recommendation..but i've paid deposit with Steel Guitar d. Jz hope & cross my fingers that they will not disappoint us..

YES!!! I've sign up with Trinity/Jason too...

You are welcome..Congrats!!!!!

my personal email is connieyeoh@hotmail.com 10q so much newbride! whr u having ur wedding reception btw?

cheers!

Hi Lil C,

Can I have your email add so i can send you steel guitar's quotation? I dunno how to attach files here....Paiseh...kekeke...

Hi Newbride

I recently had my wedding in Penang and I hired Steel Guitars. In terms of service rendered on the actual day, I was absolutely disappointed. Boy, I have pretty high expectations of those vendors I hired for my actual day and I have to say that all were fantastic except for Steel Guitar which gave me a big dissapointment. Firstly, we wanted them to sing the song for our wedding march in and i told them that if they could not sing it well, then  we will just play CD. They said they were confident and so they sang. Biggest mistake. It was so out of tune .... the entire singing for the night was only so so.

My package included a powerpoint projector of 2000 lumens. Ended up it was much worse than the hotel's 500 lumens projector. Extremely blur. This was so upsetting. I would have paid the hotel if i had known that the quality qwas so bad.

How can a 2000 lumens projector be of such poor quality ?? We had 3 powerpoint projections that night - our childhood montage, pre-wedding photoshoot by Kelvin Koh and morning slideshow by Louis Pang. Even Louis was upset with the 

projection and he aplogised for the poor quality but that was none of his fault. 

My point is, I wouldn't trust Steel Guitars. The boss, Richard, can tell you that he can deliver the world but end up if you have high requirements like myself, you'd probably be disappointed. If I were satisfied with only so so quality, I wouldn't have have paid such high fees for a complete 6 piece band.

OMG! are they really tt bad lilybud?? so I kena conned by them d lah for their so called high standard performance! i feel so sad & worried now as ive pd deposit with them d!

Hi Newbride

I recently had my wedding in Penang and I hired Steel Guitars. In terms of service rendered on the actual day, I was absolutely disappointed. Boy, I have pretty high expectations of those vendors I hired for my actual day and I have to say that all were fantastic except for Steel Guitar which gave me a big dissapointment. Firstly, we wanted them to sing the song for our wedding march in and i told them that if they could not sing it well, then we will just play CD. They said they were confident and so they sang. Biggest mistake. It was so out of tune .... the entire singing for the night was only so so.

My package included a powerpoint projector of 2000 lumens. Ended up it was much worse than the hotel's 500 lumens projector. Extremely blur. This was so upsetting. I would have paid the hotel if i had known that the quality qwas so bad.

How can a 2000 lumens projector be of such poor quality ?? We had 3 powerpoint projections that night - our childhood montage, pre-wedding photoshoot by Kelvin Koh and morning slideshow by Louis Pang. Even Louis was upset with the

projection and he aplogised for the poor quality but that was none of his fault.

My point is, I wouldn't trust Steel Guitars. The boss, Richard, can tell you that he can deliver the world but end up if you have high requirements like myself, you'd probably be disappointed. If I were satisfied with only so so quality, I wouldn't have have paid such high fees for a complete 6 piece band.

OMG..another victim cause by Steel Guitar ..I'm so sorry to hear that Lilybud... Just like my cousin so dissapointed.

Lucky i've found my wedding planner, band and MC. i've seen him perform for my big bro's wedding, i'm so confident with them..

Hi Newbride

I recently had my wedding in Penang and I hired Steel Guitars. In terms of service rendered on the actual day, I was absolutely disappointed. Boy, I have pretty high expectations of those vendors I hired for my actual day and I have to say that all were fantastic except for Steel Guitar which gave me a big dissapointment. Firstly, we wanted them to sing the song for our wedding march in and i told them that if they could not sing it well, then we will just play CD. They said they were confident and so they sang. Biggest mistake. It was so out of tune .... the entire singing for the night was only so so.

My package included a powerpoint projector of 2000 lumens. Ended up it was much worse than the hotel's 500 lumens projector. Extremely blur. This was so upsetting. I would have paid the hotel if i had known that the quality qwas so bad.

How can a 2000 lumens projector be of such poor quality ?? We had 3 powerpoint projections that night - our childhood montage, pre-wedding photoshoot by Kelvin Koh and morning slideshow by Louis Pang. Even Louis was upset with the

projection and he aplogised for the poor quality but that was none of his fault.

My point is, I wouldn't trust Steel Guitars. The boss, Richard, can tell you that he can deliver the world but end up if you have high requirements like myself, you'd probably be disappointed. If I were satisfied with only so so quality, I wouldn't have have paid such high fees for a complete 6 piece band.

Has anyone heard the band named Music Makers performing in the New World phase 2 in Penang? Any comments?

Lil'C....I've already emailed you the package by Steel Guitars :)

Lilybud....sorry to hear that. What's the singer's name who sang out of tune? When I went to their studio, a filipino lady named Tess sang for us and she's not bad.

Yeah, it was bad. Our friends and families all had a unanimous negative feedback about our wedding that night. All pointed fingers at the band. All sorts of feedback - too loud, poor rendition etc. not too mention the projector !

What to do ... we do not live in Penang and we do not have the priviledge of trying out bands before our wedding. Thought they were good, but guess not .... we were disillusioned .....

Yeah, it was bad. Our friends and families all had a unanimous negative feedback about our wedding that night. All pointed fingers at the band. All sorts of feedback - too loud, poor rendition etc. not too mention the projector !

What to do ... we do not live in Penang and we do not have the priviledge of trying out bands before our wedding. Thought they were good, but guess not .... we were disillusioned .....

Lilybud...when was ur wedding & where was d venue? mind 2 share?

Hi, I would like to ask how much did Jason quote you? I'm not sure about the market price for it but i think what he quoted is a bit expensive. Just wanna do more survey ...thanks

OMG..another victim cause by Steel Guitar ..I'm so sorry to hear that Lilybud... Just like my cousin so dissapointed.

Lucky i've found my wedding planner, band and MC. i've seen him perform for my big bro's wedding, i'm so confident with them..

Hi Newbride

Expensive?? Mine less than 2k, all in, including 3 piece band, MC, program writing, Program coordinator, sound and lighting and of course some tiny-tiny things that he promise to help. i've ask before, the market is about the same, some even more expensive. Jason's consider average but remember don't ever you trust those "KOTAI" people. They are not PRO at all, so messy. In fact they are not in wedding fields.

1 of my friend hired this kind of so call performer before, she really regret, even till now.... no program, MC dont look like MC, shout here and there OMG.. so cheap class. Do u understand "KOTAI"?? means those street stage performer, usually they perform for chinese festival like hungry ghost festival, temple festival.. yea i mean that kind. dont ever trust them.

I dun mind paying a bit extra to buy some peace for myself and wife. Anyway just once in a lifetime..I have to agree, quality products/services doesn't come cheap. Cheap things never comes with quality..do you agree??? that's why I signed up with Jason.

Hi, I would like to ask how much did Jason quote you? I'm not sure about the market price for it but i think what he quoted is a bit expensive. Just wanna do more survey ...thanks

Hi Newbride

i know what is KOTAI. Actually i have met Jason and might probably let him do the deco for the church wedding, waiting for him to send over the quotation.

But i dont know how about his performance. Do you know if there is any chances to see Jason perform?

Expensive?? Mine less than 2k, all in, including 3 piece band, MC, program writing, Program coordinator, sound and lighting and of course some tiny-tiny things that he promise to help. i've ask before, the market is about the same, some even more expensive. Jason's consider average but remember don't ever you trust those "KOTAI" people. They are not PRO at all, so messy. In fact they are not in wedding fields.

1 of my friend hired this kind of so call performer before, she really regret, even till now.... no program, MC dont look like MC, shout here and there OMG.. so cheap class. Do u understand "KOTAI"?? means those street stage performer, usually they perform for chinese festival like hungry ghost festival, temple festival.. yea i mean that kind. dont ever trust them.

I dun mind paying a bit extra to buy some peace for myself and wife. Anyway just once in a lifetime..I have to agree, quality products/services doesn't come cheap. Cheap things never comes with quality..do you agree??? that's why I signed up with Jason.

Hi Newbride

I went to watch Chakora perform during my last trip back to Penang. I thought they were quite good, they seem to be enjoying themselves singing and very lively on stage.

Only thing was they would be so much better if they had drums and a guitarist. We have spoken to them and the boss recommended this lady guitarist. He sent the demo tape and she was GREAT! Only problem is he cannot confirm her yet as she has joined the One in a Million competition and is through to the second round.

Anyone going for Chakora?

Chakora!! performance will be lively if Jasmine (lady boss) is there, don't engage with 2nd or 3rd choice band of chakora, really nothing special. Last time they only have 1 band that band is good but now they got 3-4 bands (if not mistaken) playing with. Good performer all spread out d not like last time.

Personnally I fell MC also plays an important roll beside d band. I heard that there is one good band at Kedah Road with a good MC.

Got to check it out.

I went to watch Chakora perform during my last trip back to Penang. I thought they were quite good, they seem to be enjoying themselves singing and very lively on stage.

Only thing was they would be so much better if they had drums and a guitarist. We have spoken to them and the boss recommended this lady guitarist. He sent the demo tape and she was GREAT! Only problem is he cannot confirm her yet as she has joined the One in a Million competition and is through to the second round.

Anyone going for Chakora?

hey.. i suppose he got lots of wedding function end of this year y not you ask him, then u can go see him perform live..hahaha

i know what is KOTAI. Actually i have met Jason and might probably let him do the deco for the church wedding, waiting for him to send over the quotation.

But i dont know how about his performance. Do you know if there is any chances to see Jason perform?

Hi Newbride

i plan to choose chakora on my 2008 oct wedding dinner.

But i dun know who is the recommend singer(i only knew jasmine),

pls help to propose others singer name in this band.

Hi all, i've found the Kedah road (Penang) wedding planner, they are Trinity Events... good performers are there you may cantact 016-444 0318(Jason)

I may sign up with them, so far they are the best for me...hahaha

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

hi,

i just finished my wedding dinner (27oct) and ihired steels guitar. so far my wedding, alot ppl give good feedback about them. I do not speak to Richard as he is the boss, surely boss promise heaven but deliver none. I speak to this guy name Tony, he was one of the singer there, and we love is so much. Perhaps different ppl have thier own expectation. What we did is we told them to plan without adding any event in thier programme. ^_^

The price is of course unbelieveable(high), but my mother inlaw praise us saying that this band worth the money.

STEEL GUITARS Review (January 2008):

I am looking at wedding bands for my Penang wedding to be held in December and I have came across numerous negative accounts of the band STEEL GUITARS.

I have heard first hand accounts from my dear friend who had STEEL GUITARS at their wedding in December that the band was very unprofessional. The band was rude to the couple and their friends as well as insensitive over particular needs the couple had outlined. Timeline to the night's event was not followed, instead the band decided to "improvise" and dishonor the couple's wishes on how the night should be. The bride and groom was put on the spot as "amusement" in their own wedding reception because the band claimed they saw need to "liven" things up. To top that off, the singer(s) was a disappointment from the choice of songs that did not concur with the couple's request of a classic jazz composition.

Every wedding couple plans to have their special, tailored wedding reception – looking at details from the invitations to the reception event's music, etc. STEEL GUITARS would not be the band for you seeing that their M.O. (modus operandi) is to perform "their very own concert".

Another account I received was from my parents. They had recently attended a friend's wedding where STEEL GUITARS were the entertainment of the evening. My parents together with their friends reported to me that the band's performance was outright pathetic. The vocal from the band was nothing to shout; in fact they were down right awful - amateurish. The tone of the evening as delivered by the band was nothing close to classy and/or elegant but tacky.

My dear friend wrote to the band voicing her disappointment with their performance and was presented with a very non-apologetically response. According to the band, and I quote:

" As far as Steel Guitars Concept Entertainers is concern, the band leader is there, the function is successful and we don't look into details. That's how Steel Guitars handle function - the impromptu /emotional zone/atmosphere and that's what make Steel Guitars famous internationally. That is our service to our clients." – STEEL GUITARS (January '08)

STEEL GUITARS does NOT LOOK INTO DETAILS!! Please let this be a warning for couples who are searching for bands. If you have decided to go with STEEL GUITARS or have booked their services, I suggest a black and white contract with all YOUR specifications to ensure no "surprises" on your night's event. The contract should also specify and include what happens if the band decided to break the terms as outlined on the contract.

STEEL GUITARS Review (January 2008):

I am looking at wedding bands for my Penang wedding to be held in December and I have came across numerous negative accounts of the band STEEL GUITARS.

I have heard first hand accounts from my dear friend who had STEEL GUITARS at their wedding in December that the band was very unprofessional. The band was rude to the couple and their friends as well as insensitive over particular needs the couple had outlined. Timeline to the night's event was not followed, instead the band decided to "improvise" and dishonor the couple's wishes on how the night should be. The bride and groom was put on the spot as "amusement" in their own wedding reception because the band claimed they saw need to "liven" things up. To top that off, the singer(s) was a disappointment from the choice of songs that did not concur with the couple's request of a classic jazz composition.

Every wedding couple plans to have their special, tailored wedding reception – looking at details from the invitations to the reception event's music, etc. STEEL GUITARS would not be the band for you seeing that their M.O. (modus operandi) is to perform "their very own concert".

Another account I received was from my parents. They had recently attended a friend's wedding where STEEL GUITARS were the entertainment of the evening. My parents together with their friends reported to me that the band's performance was outright pathetic. The vocal from the band was nothing to shout; in fact they were down right awful - amateurish. The tone of the evening as delivered by the band was nothing close to classy and/or elegant but tacky.

My dear friend wrote to the band voicing her disappointment with their performance and was presented with a very non-apologetically response. According to the band, and I quote:

" As far as Steel Guitars Concept Entertainers is concern, the band leader is there, the function is successful and we don't look into details. That's how Steel Guitars handle function - the impromptu /emotional zone/atmosphere and that's what make Steel Guitars famous internationally. That is our service to our clients." – STEEL GUITARS (January '08)

STEEL GUITARS does NOT LOOK INTO DETAILS!! Please let this be a warning for couples who are searching for bands. If you have decided to go with STEEL GUITARS or have booked their services, I suggest a black and white contract with all YOUR specifications to ensure no "surprises" on your night's event. The contract should also specify and include what happens if the band decided to break the terms as outlined on the contract.

thanks there, i was just bout to look them up.

In this case, i better search for others.

Anyway know any Emcee and LCD projector for wedding dinner. anyone know what is the market rate?

hi yvonne,

Mind to share how much does Trinity Events charge and what is their package details? You have seen them performed before? Where they normally performing?

Anyone knows how much usually the good bands/musicians cost in Penang? And also Emcee, LCD Projectors too...

Thanks for sharing :)

Hi all, i've found the Kedah road (Penang) wedding planner, they are Trinity Events... good performers are there you may cantact 016-444 0318(Jason)

I may sign up with them, so far they are the best for me...hahaha

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Quen

at last my wedding is over....hehehe. I wanna take this opportunity to thanks Jason my MC, Gary the wedding coordinator and all his crew member including their 2 beautiful singer, they have done a great job for me...Thx again to Trinity Events....I'm so glad to have you guys there.