amyliq

Bands/Musicians for Penang Wedding

How about your wedding pictures? Are you going to take in Miri or PG? I also need to scratch my head to get dinner gowns + makeup artist + hair stylist in Miri for my dinner. *Stress* :(

Hi there

For Miri, I have had quite a few friends here who got married last year and this year. A few shops near Boulevard shoppping area not bad with MU and gowns. I got my gown from Miri actually. Most gowns here are sent in from KL anyway so I did not bother to go anywhere else. It was love at first sight and I booked the gown immediately! :)

Hi Amyliq,

Just out of curosity which bridal shop did you get your gown from in Miri? I got married in Penang & Miri last December. :)

Hi Amyliq,

Just out of curosity which bridal shop did you get your gown from in Miri? I got married in Penang & Miri last December. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Pg but my wed will be in Ipoh...I have also engage steel guitar for my wed reception in July...My prob is i'm desperately looking for wedding gown and evening dress...Anyone have any idea if I can buy off the rack in Pg? Very stress as my wed will be in Juy...3 months plus to go only...I didn not engage with any BS...

Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Pg but my wed will be in Ipoh...I have also engage steel guitar for my wed reception in July...My prob is i'm desperately looking for wedding gown and evening dress...Anyone have any idea if I can buy off the rack in Pg? Very stress as my wed will be in Juy...3 months plus to go only...I didn not engage with any BS...

Mind sharing wt us how much was Steel Guitar offer?

I heard they offer diffrent diffrent price...

By the way, they can interact good english and sing good english songs...

But i dun really like thier chinese songs...

Did u choose which singers who want for your wedding day? :P

For wedding & dinner gown, you plan to rent from BS or buy your ownself?

Hi gals,

The is the pricing i got from Steel guitar last year but you still can negotiate the price. Please also aware that you have to pay for the food & beverage for the perfomers. I was annoyed as i was only told this 2 days before the wedding. They didn't mention at all when I booked them. :lol: & also it should come with confetti & smoke machine but they didn't deliver at all. So overall, I am not entire satisfied with their service.

post-563-1173778789_thumb.jpg

Hello

I got my gown from Mona Lisa. At the moment only 1 wedding gown. Have yet to find my evening gown.

Did you get yours all from Penang or Miri?

Hi Amyliq,

Guess what! I have thought that your gown must be from MonaLisa as this is the only BS in Miri has a better gown i think. :lol:

I got my WG & EG frm PG - F&T, Kua fr Miri.

Happy planning!

Hello

I got my gown from Mona Lisa. At the moment only 1 wedding gown. Have yet to find my evening gown.

Did you get yours all from Penang or Miri?

Hi Amyliq,

Guess what! I have thought that your gown must be from MonaLisa as this is the only BS in Miri has a better gown i think. :D

I got my WG & EG frm PG - F&T, Kua fr Miri.

Happy planning!

Haha ok. Yes Mona Lisa carries a range of gowns in cream with very very nice intricate designs and I love them! One of my friends who got married in KL wore one of their gowns and everyone thought it was tailored by a private designer or something. They were so surprised when found out that her gown was from Miri!

So far planning is going ok. Thanks

Hi everyone,

FYI, steelguitar charge me 2.8K to go down to Ipoh and they did not inform me that I have to pay for their food and beverages as mentioned by dkoh...I guess I'll be very annoyed as well...dkoh, can u tell me more? ur wedding was in Pg is it and when do u have to pay for the performers' meals? lunch / dinner???

I asked them abt the singer and they said it is still too early to tell which singer as their schedule is not out yet...

I'm planning to buy a simple wed gown n evening dress as to rent from BS, it is not very cheap also...My fren told me is abt 700 n above...Anyone have any idea where I can get them in Pg??

Hi everyone,

FYI, steelguitar charge me 2.8K to go down to Ipoh and they did not inform me that I have to pay for their food and beverages as mentioned by dkoh...I guess I'll be very annoyed as well...dkoh, can u tell me more? ur wedding was in Pg is it and when do u have to pay for the performers' meals? lunch / dinner???

I asked them abt the singer and they said it is still too early to tell which singer as their schedule is not out yet...

I'm planning to buy a simple wed gown n evening dress as to rent from BS, it is not very cheap also...My fren told me is abt 700 n above...Anyone have any idea where I can get them in Pg??

Sim,

Do you book Steel Guitar yet?

If you are looking for a cheaper package, pls PM me.. :)

Hi Sim,

Yupe you have to pay for their dinner (my case). They told me that it should not be more than Rm30 for 3 people but i think at the end i paid more than Rm30 for 2 persons as third one was late. They will show you the receipt at the end of reception & you just pay them then. I feel they are very unprofessional as didn't mention at all when i booked them. If they have told me when i book them, i will be very happy to pay for thier meals. However only after i have paid the deposit of Rm500, & 2 days before the wedding, they only mentioned about it. I was warned by the hotel sales executive about this as they are famous of this kind of request. To be honest, I will not go with them again if i ask me to choose again. There are plenty of good ones out there.

As about gowns, i think is cheaper to get the package from BS. If you are not interested with the prewedding shoot, just get the cheapest package. I've heard ideal wedding package is very cheap, Rm1500. It will cover your WG, EG, bouquet, car deco.... To rent a gown will cost you at least Rm500 & above. This is just my opinion.

Hi strawberryscorpio, Hi dkoh,

I paid steelguitar 300 bucks deposite alrd....I'm so sad...I call them up to check and is true...I directly confronted them how come i was not told abt this the time i paid my deposite and I was very annoyed...This person name Steven, the so call customer service personnel, said to me that he has alrd inform me and it makes me more furious...I told him I won't be calling if i 've knew it earlier....then he said that i've not given him my program yet...so dat's y no details were discussed....He then added that a simple meal will do..maybe fried rice or something....I directly tell him, their so unprofessional act will somehow made them being blacklisted by most customers... especially when we spread the news in the forum... I totally agress with dkoh...is not the money...is the unprofessional act...is like cheating us...strawberryscorpio, let me think of it if we wanna change band...my prob is my hotel didn't provide soundsystem...I need to get a band who provides full sound system as well....will discuss with my bf first...Will PM u if we need your help..thanks ya...

I've actually taken my pre wed photos...My bf's bro is a photographer...that's y I did not engage with any BS...I'll checkwith ideal wed...Thanks for the advise...appreciate it much :)

Hi strawberryscorpio, Hi dkoh,

I paid steelguitar 300 bucks deposite alrd....I'm so sad...I call them up to check and is true...I directly confronted them how come i was not told abt this the time i paid my deposite and I was very annoyed...This person name Steven, the so call customer service personnel, said to me that he has alrd inform me and it makes me more furious...I told him I won't be calling if i 've knew it earlier....then he said that i've not given him my program yet...so dat's y no details were discussed....He then added that a simple meal will do..maybe fried rice or something....I directly tell him, their so unprofessional act will somehow made them being blacklisted by most customers... especially when we spread the news in the forum... I totally agress with dkoh...is not the money...is the unprofessional act...is like cheating us...strawberryscorpio, let me think of it if we wanna change band...my prob is my hotel didn't provide soundsystem...I need to get a band who provides full sound system as well....will discuss with my bf first...Will PM u if we need your help..thanks ya...

I've actually taken my pre wed photos...My bf's bro is a photographer...that's y I did not engage with any BS...I'll checkwith ideal wed...Thanks for the advise...appreciate it much :)

Hi Sim,

Do your future BIL take photo for AD one?

btw strawberryscorpio,

u r from Pg rite? r u working n staying in Pg or other places?

I stay at Butterworth. My icon12.gifly FH stay at Penang Island..How about u?

How much your future BIL will charge for the AD?

btw strawberryscorpio,

ya ya. Sim, I like to know the charge too as I am looking for one too. Thanks.

btw strawberryscorpio,

ya ya. Sim, I like to know the charge too as I am looking for one too. Thanks.

Hi, I'd like to know the charge as well. I am trying to check out the market price for photographer in PG. Sim, can you let me know also? You can PM me. Thanks. :)

Seems that Steel Guitar was so so unprofessional as they did not told you all when you all booked with them.

Luckily...i havent sign up with that band yet... :huh:

Else i will be one of the victim..

But when i go there, someone and not thet Steven had told me that we need to pay for thier dinner...

I dont think i will take Steel if they are so unprofessional even they had a group of great singers..

Anyone had any coments on Chakora Band??

Hi everyone,

strawberryscorpio, I'm staying in Pg island...

Regarding the charges for AD, I'm not too sure as my future bil is actually just doing in on freelance basis as he's not those full time commerical wed photographer....But then he loves photography n has passion in it...The family was in the photography business ...They owns a few kodak shops and he has very good experience in taking pre-wed photos & potrait photos as well.. ..He normally takes photographs for frens...commercial wise, I have to ask him...

Hi everyone,

strawberryscorpio, I'm staying in Pg island...

Regarding the charges for AD, I'm not too sure as my future bil is actually just doing in on freelance basis as he's not those full time commerical wed photographer....But then he loves photography n has passion in it...The family was in the photography business ...They owns a few kodak shops and he has very good experience in taking pre-wed photos & potrait photos as well.. ..He normally takes photographs for frens...commercial wise, I have to ask him...

Hi sim.. maybe you can give us his contact so that we can contact him straight? :)

Hi all,

sorry for the tardy reply...Have been very busy with wed preparations........

Here's the contact no :012-4583777...Can address him as Lok....

btw, he stays in Ipoh but he do make trips on n off to Pg since the sis n bro all stays in Pg...

Charges wise, I have no idea at all...u all direct contact him n ask okie...

Hi

Anyone knows of good bands/musicians for hire in Penang? And how much usually will they cost?

Thanks a lot!

Quen

Hi,

You may wanna try Jason: 016-444 0318

Seems that Steel Guitar was so so unprofessional as they did not told you all when you all booked with them.

Luckily...i havent sign up with that band yet... :rolleyes:

Else i will be one of the victim..

But when i go there, someone and not thet Steven had told me that we need to pay for thier dinner...

I dont think i will take Steel if they are so unprofessional even they had a group of great singers..

Anyone had any coments on Chakora Band??

HI there... you may wanna try Jason .. 016-444 0318.. he can recomend photographer / decorations and all stuff

for your reference. .. free!! just a option. he also plays & MC for weddings.