yvonnetcy

Cheap wedding dresses for brides on a shoestring

I'm sure someone has discussed somewhere in other threads, I just want to inform that there's a cheap wedding gown wholesaler at Petaling street.

I went there yesterday and got mine for only RM198! Can you believe that? I wasn't even planning on buying one since my wedding date wasnt even set yet. But I found the cheapest version of THE dress and I knew I would regret walking out of that shop without it. I'm petite and I think most princess ballgowns are too overwhelming for my frame. So, the dress I found was simple and nice, nothing big and fancy. Not exactly my dream dress (I'd love more lace on it :rolleyes: ), but considering the price, and the material was soft chiffon which I am absolutely crazy of, design was elegant. I LOVE IT FOR THE PRICE I PAID!

While most of the gowns quality are compromised (some I think are downright ugly :blush: ), but no harm checking that place out and you might just find the perfect dress within your budget. Or if not, you can just opt for a trash-the-dress photoshoot! I would consider this if I happen to find a nicer dress.

Where is this place in Petaling Street? Any landmark or rough directions to get to this shop? And name of the shop perhaps?

I may check out this place just to see if there are anything I like. I also don't like princess ballgowns or those cheap looking ones.

Many thanks!

I'm sure someone has discussed somewhere in other threads, I just want to inform that there's a cheap wedding gown wholesaler at Petaling street.

I went there yesterday and got mine for only RM198! Can you believe that? I wasn't even planning on buying one since my wedding date wasnt even set yet. But I found the cheapest version of THE dress and I knew I would regret walking out of that shop without it. I'm petite and I think most princess ballgowns are too overwhelming for my frame. So, the dress I found was simple and nice, nothing big and fancy. Not exactly my dream dress (I'd love more lace on it :rolleyes: ), but considering the price, and the material was soft chiffon which I am absolutely crazy of, design was elegant. I LOVE IT FOR THE PRICE I PAID!

While most of the gowns quality are compromised (some I think are downright ugly :blush: ), but no harm checking that place out and you might just find the perfect dress within your budget. Or if not, you can just opt for a trash-the-dress photoshoot! I would consider this if I happen to find a nicer dress.

Hi yvonnectcy,

May i know the location of this shop? what is the shop name as well? I may go to have a look to see whether i can get a dress for my ROM from there ^^

Thanks...

Please share with me.

alicialee85@gmail.com

may I know the actual location as well? same road as Watson/Popular bookshop/ MBB/ Public bank/ middle of the street with hawkers?

Sorry guys for being away for awhile.

Um.. you know the big Petaling Street sign board. It's just at the other end of it, on the left. You can't miss it.

JuinJuin: I'm looking for bridal cheongsams in red with laces. You have any of those? Please email me @ yvonnetcy@hotmail.com

Its call CT-One if I'm not mistaken. I have to say though, don't put your hopes too high.. the quality is definitely not designer level la. But, maybe you'll still get something decent, simple and yet pretty.

I know renting alone can cost from RM300-1000! And you wear it for a day! Plus, its more likely second-hand or worse,too many people have worn it! Totally not worth it. I had to buy one because I'm having two weddings, one here and one in U.S. RM198 is great! I probably can resell it.

hi heard they soon open on 26th June 2010. http://picasaweb.google.com/VanStudio001/GownForRentSell

Hi every1, i got alot wedding gown and dinner gown from china, who interested to view it, pls give me ur email address and i will email to u all....gown can get ready around 1 week and delivery around 2 weeks time..

may I know the actual location as well? same road as Watson/Popular bookshop/ MBB/ Public bank/ middle of the street with hawkers?

Hey Jiunjiun, im interested to have a look, can u pls email to me? jennytks83@gmail.com

thanks.

Hi every1, i got alot wedding gown and dinner gown from china, who interested to view it, pls give me ur email address and i will email to u all....gown can get ready around 1 week and delivery around 2 weeks time..

Hey Jiunjiun, im interested to have a look, can u pls email to me? jennytks83@gmail.com

thanks.

Hi Ladies,

I was looking for a wedding dress too. But I could not find the right one, or if I found the one I like it could not fit me (i am a very fussy person). I was very frustrated!!!

Now I have a designer working on my dress, she done a few of my evening dresses and I am happy with her workmanship and she only charge me RM 400 to RM 1000.

To me it's worth paying that amount to assure it fits and it is excally what I wanted plus she gives great advice.

I hope u find this helpful to you.

Here is her number 016 2672225. Better make your bookings early she is in demand.

thanks.

Hi Ladies,

I was looking for a wedding dress too. But I could not find the right one, or if I found the one I like it could not fit me (i am a very fussy person). I was very frustrated!!!

Now I have a designer working on my dress, she done a few of my evening dresses and I am happy with her workmanship and she only charge me RM 400 to RM 1000.

To me it's worth paying that amount to assure it fits and it is excally what I wanted plus she gives great advice.

I hope u find this helpful to you.

Here is her number 016 2672225. Better make your bookings early she is in demand.

Hi am78,

I am interested with the designer you mentioned. Care to share your experience and charges with me?

Can you PM me the details?

Many thanks!

Hi, am interested...please let me know the shop's name and actual location...thanks...

email: sungurl83@gmail.com

Hi, am interested...can send me the details? many thanks...

email: sungurl83@yahoo.com

hi all,

i jes found this seller on facebook...all the wedding gowns are around rm500...

its affodell bridal...

i think its worth checking it out since they even provide mtm...

Hi Jiunjuin,

Can you please send me the pictures too? it's to kulshng@yahoo.com. Thanks!

hi all,

u can buy ur wedding gown, wedding accessories via Taobao.com.

just give me the link, and i will pm you how much.

FYA, i Just Married on 18.12.10.

i bought my wedding gown, hair accessories, inviatation card and wedding car deco via Taobao.

And it's cheap and good quality, but of course u will need time to search and compare it

but's worth....

Hi,

How about the postage fee from China then? Is it expensive?

hi all,

i jes found this seller on facebook...all the wedding gowns are around rm500...

its affodell bridal...

i think its worth checking it out since they even provide mtm...

Hi May I know the name of the FB page?

Thanks

dear all ladies,

i got some wedding gowns, evening gowns, cheong sam to share with....

not only for the brides, i got xxl size cheongsam for mother in law or mum too.

pm me for more details.

Hi do u still have them? please pm me or email me at sweecjeng@hotmail.com

Thanks

my tailor only charged me rm80 for a short cheongsam.. im usin brocade and organza fabric for my cheongsam..just sent it to tailor yesterday..