leec

Getting own photographer...but where should I get my gowns?

hi all,

haiyo....I am not the shop owner la...i am just a bride to be who did tried a few online purchase of gowns but ended up disappointed. And saw my friend tried in weddinggown69.com, and the quality is really good. Thus I decided to try it one more time, and luckily ended up with very satisfied result. weddinggown69.com helped me a lot in giving me idea and opinions, so I just help them to promote lo. Actually there are few brides in other forums also promoting them, not only me.....

DUN MISUNDERSTAND LA....(but actually I was wished that I am gown maker too....my dream....hehe)

JYA!

hahaha sorry coz ur post from start to finish also all about them, their link and their sites... so how can dun get confuse wor !

wgpictures: Thanks for your professional advice!

NicT: hahaha, unfortunately that was what I have in mind - lay down on the sand and roll around! :happy: ok, i exaggerated a little there. but i was expecting a bit of dirtying my gown. if i were to buy a gown for my AD & photoshoot, i will also need an extra gown to get "dirty" with :biggrin: But thanks for making the point. Btw, your 2k gown, does White & Lacy have the buy back option? If so, how much % from the price?

Skye,

Yalor in every thread ler.. at first I ask for opinion about her gowns, then realize that in every thread also got her post promoting the link and email. Really fishy.. Even if not the owner, maybe someone who is paid to do the "marketing" =S

Lesam,

Sorry but your posts really sound dodgy ler.. even your latest post here puts the link out clearly. Like purposely emphasizing the link.. sorry if you are really a bride-to-be but perhaps you can show us some pictures of the wedding gowns you bought or even later show us your photoshoot pictures to clear doubts.

Anyway sorry if I have offended you ya. Just being honest in what I think :)

cherrystar,

seems like u n i think alike.

lestam seems to promote weddinggown69 in all the threads in this forum and doesnt talk anything except them and promoting their email addy. kinda fishy dont u think ?

hi all,

haiyo....I am not the shop owner la...i am just a bride to be who did tried a few online purchase of gowns but ended up disappointed. And saw my friend tried in weddinggown69.com, and the quality is really good. Thus I decided to try it one more time, and luckily ended up with very satisfied result. weddinggown69.com helped me a lot in giving me idea and opinions, so I just help them to promote lo. Actually there are few brides in other forums also promoting them, not only me.....

DUN MISUNDERSTAND LA....(but actually I was wished that I am gown maker too....my dream....hehe)

JYA!

hahaha sorry coz ur post from start to finish also all about them, their link and their sites... so how can dun get confuse wor !

is ok.....girls.....

I not yet attend to photoshooting as my wedding is end of next year. my fiance said too early take the photos, later the look different de.

I took note that not to put the link up in future to avoid any misunderstanding. Thank girls for your remind :))

hi dear,

I just bought a wedding photo package from Very Taipei bridal shop in Jln Loke Yew.

I intended to take my wedding photo in taiwan and i got a very good deal but unfortunately i do not hv sufficient budget to Taiwan anymore .

I paid RM1000 for the package and i managed to ask for 1 wedding gown, 2 evening gowns and 1 A-Line long dress(suitable for ROM)...these gowns are all imported from Taiwan and designer gowns. Please email me at alicialee85@gmail.com for further details.

Hey, need you girls' expert opinion.

We plan to hire our own photographer for our pre-wedding and AD. As for my gowns, is it advisable to go for MTM/buy off the rack from WD/EG designers? Or should I rent from bridal boutiques? Will bridal boutiques rent their gowns at a higher rate just because I am not taking their packages (gown rental + their photography sessions)? I haven't exactly surveyed bridal boutiques yet...just would like to have some ideas first..

i have an crazy idea.. if we MTM or brought our own gown.. we can go take picture everywhere we wan.. even no for wedding propose..

i mean when we go honeymoon or travel to nice nice place.. we can take photo there.. but need to carry a big suitcase la.,.

hehehehehe.. is better then just keep at the closet right.. DOnt Waste it :>

Helo there, I'm very keen with your 1k package, do you mind to email me the details?

My email is nellieyeoh@gmail.com

I'm still debating whether I should go for MTM dress and engaged a free lance photographer in Taiwan to take photo shoots

hi dear,

I just bought a wedding photo package from Very Taipei bridal shop in Jln Loke Yew.

I intended to take my wedding photo in taiwan and i got a very good deal but unfortunately i do not hv sufficient budget to Taiwan anymore .

I paid RM1000 for the package and i managed to ask for 1 wedding gown, 2 evening gowns and 1 A-Line long dress(suitable for ROM)...these gowns are all imported from Taiwan and designer gowns. Please email me at alicialee85@gmail.com for further details.

We plan to hire our own photographer for our pre-wedding and AD. As for my gowns, is it advisable to go for MTM/buy off the rack from WD/EG designers? Or should I rent from bridal boutiques? Will bridal boutiques rent their gowns at a higher rate just because I am not taking their packages (gown rental + their photography sessions)? I haven't exactly surveyed bridal boutiques yet...just would like to have some ideas first..

how bout affodell bridal on facebook? my fren sent me the link earlier...

they've got rental and mtm too...i was thinking of tryin it out since its around rm500 only for mtm...

anyone wanna try this seller?

hi all,

JYA!

Hi Lestam,

I am currently communicating with wedding gown69, are they just contactable viz email? I found very hard to describe what I wanted.

Could you share with me your experience and also if possible the pic of the dresses you made there?

How did you choose your fabric since you don't get to have a look and feel of it?

My email ; klcitybabe@gmail.com

thanks.

Hi all, I have been too excited in planning my wedding especially in gown scouting ended up I bought 2 gowns that I find I am not going to wear :-p

Coz I don't plan to go for pre wedding photo shooting, so there is only one occasion to wear a bridal gown.

The gown that I bought is a princess cut, strapless, upper part is full of beads and lace, organza with lace trimmings and Beadings.

aee6d64a.jpg

It looks crinkled need to steam to smooth it

41cefeb1.jpg

2691a6aa.jpg

Bottom of the dress, nice lace

1e16822b.jpg

It's brand new and I would like to sell it off...please pm me if you are interested.

That's the reason why I want to sell it too, I gave correct measurement to the vendor but still came out 2 to 3 inches bigger :(

I'm also looking for my own photographer so we had a problem sourcing our gowns. We decided not to rent from bridal shop. In the end I found a tailor to make my wedding gown for RM800, and another China gown off eBay for RM400 :lol: The material didn't turn out as bad as I expected and I didn't need alterations on that one either :biggrin:

Hey girls,

Thanks so much for your feedbacks. I guess majority agrees that getting own gown is more worth it than renting - save the cost to rent twice, price might be cheaper than renting nice/good quality/new bridal gowns.

Okayyyy....next headache - where? who? how many?

-- Neoromantic looks promising (on their website): dresses look nice & price-wise, ranging from RM1k to 1.8k for MTM. Ok, I suppose?

-- Freeasy: dresses also look nice but no price list on the fb site. MTM or rental only?

jessica_tay: The rates your mentioned for Freeasy and Pretty In White are rental rates? PIW also does MTM gowns right? They should be much more than rm1.3k! woah...

lestam: Do you have the contact for your tailor? Looks affordable..! How's the quality like?

jiunjiun: will pm you my email

nienie: designer gowns are definitely tempting but they're most likely out of my budget :( but will keep them in mind, thanks!

beautifulgown: can't help but to notice your nice ROM and AD dates...08.08.08 and 20.09.2009 :) nice! btw, do u have your prewed photos by shen that can share with me? came across shen's website online...wanna see more of his work.. recommended?

I once came across a gorgeous evening gown from De Rain Atelier. Designs are pretty classy. Anyone has experience with Rain?

How many wedding gown(s) or evening gown(s) do we usually need for pre-wedding photography? I know it's entirely up to oneself but errr....just wanna see what's the "usual" trend by you girls :)

I am thinking of having 1 WG and 2 EG (looking forward to make a pair of cheongsam EG!!) but I haven't think about when to wear which one.

p/s: I'm not comfortable with purchasing goods online....so I think I have to forego the idea of buying from online stores. There goes an option....!

Hi,

The rates I mentioned are rental rates. But I think Freeasy definitely cheaper than PIW even for MTM (quality also good), and I forgot to mention they r having a sale for up to 50% right now. This is their blog, some prices are listed: http://atleast1.wordpress.com/. Freeasy also strictly by appointment only, so if you plan to go, do give them a call first.

thank you for all your suggestion, i do make an appointment with freeasy and visit PIW as well this week.wish i can find my dream wedding gown.because i really tired to go bridal house again, a lot of things that i no need included in the package and the gowns looks too over and too much design. i want the simple elegant even with lace.any more idea can get this kind of gown?thank you

i just rent my wedding gown from mabel toh..her shop is at SS2, next t public bank... I just want to say, her gowns are all very nice and elegant!.. and the good news is she is doing promotion now with RM 799 for 2 gown.. for those brides who are looking for gown rental, i think this is the best choice !

you may check out her blog: http://mabeltoh.blogspot.com/search/label/exquisite%20gown, or go to her fb: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...5521.1378961960

all the best for all BTB!

Hi gals,

Had been MIA for quite sometime....

Just to share as well.....as i had introduced my friend to rent her pre wedding EG in this boutique and cost her RM200 only.

N i had visited this boutique for a few times (to buy clothes & also hunting gowns for my 2nd wedding anniversary photography soon. :wub:

and also i had planned to rent gowns for my future annual dinner events at this boutique as the quality is good and unique design by local designers :biggrin:

U may chk out CASMIA boutique which offer WG & EG for rental which range from RM100 (EG) - RM300 (WG).

Chk out http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?...213847585293434

though there are not much photos shown in FB album but they have more than 50 gowns hanging on the rack for selection.

or u can email to casmia1505@hotmail.com

U can also visit the boutique to check out their gowns collection.

Just behind GULATI or EuroModa Textile (forgotten the shop name dim) / Loud speaker Karaoke at The Strand Kota Damansara.

Oh ya...i had passed by Vows in White few times as well as its at the same area with Casmia. Din managed to check out their shop as its closed on Mon. Got to know from the lady owner that they are offering package for rental of gowns.

Btw hor......pls note that i am not the owner of this boutique ya :tongue:

Happy wedding planning & gown hunting!

Hi there,

just for a share, gals!

I rented my gown in Absolute Bride Gown Rental, quality gowns at reasonable price. Can pm them at: absolutebride@gmail.com, if interested.

Cheers ~

hi u can email me at py2013@hotmail.my

oh I went to Casmia and Vows nwhite too. Casmia only do rental services. Their rental price is very cheap, but the gowns are like those that we see online and bridal shop, quality is compromised. Then this vows nwhite, hehe I tried many dresses there and my friends rented from them. I prefer their collections more. They design their own dresses and most of them are made locally. Some are sourced from US and HK Taiwan too. I have put my booking there to mtm a full lace dress.

Can't wait :)

hi BTBs

i chanced upon this place called 'absolute bride/bridal' in empire subang soho cos i was trying on my makeup there as my makeup artist shares the unit with them. you may try there.

:)

Great sharing, thanks for sharing with us, I have seen all links, in those links several models are available to us, with this i felt very happy. I want to buy one white color wedding dress to my sister.

Hi BTBs!

just want to share my gown hunting experience. It was tiring but very fulfiling when I finally found that perfect one.

I initially got 2 from online china websites cos I was told that they are pretty and cheap. But when they finally arrived, it was just ok. Ok for pre-wed shoot cos can't really tell the quality but not for actual day. Then found thatwhitedress on FBb recommended by a friend and thought will give them a try. Their selection is limited but the quality is very good. Finally found my actual day dress. Pm me if you wish to see the dress :D