purplelism

NY1999 Taiwan

Hi micardis,

I also faced same situation while choosing pic. After 2nd round, she quoted me those prices. I just told her, i m not fond of the pic, I can still delete them so I asked if we can go through and delete again. She had no choice so we went for 3rd round. But before that she keep on asking what's my budget.. My fiancé told her rm1000. She quoted rm1500 package for us. I insisted on no n keep deleting. I don't give them face lo. Since they so rude n fake. The Dian Zhang is a useless guy I feel. The gal can't persuade so she asked him to persuade me. He came and dunno talk what! After he left my fiancé looked at me asking what was he trying to say? Haha...

End up we deleted till 36 poses and topped up rm1000 for them. Total is our package (26pose) rm3998 + (10pose) rm1000 = rm 4998... The price is same as what my fren took in Malaysia and they 40++ poses. Worse is we have to rent gown and other stuffs during AD... I foresee total damage to be 7k... Totally not worth it!

Hello... Did u take PS on 04April?

Am choosing my PS gowns on 03April, any btbs also there?

Hi girls, after reading all your comments, I have to say my worries became greater x100000000000000! I'm kinda picky girl and I have high expectation for my PS.

I actually read about the negative comments about NY1999 ever since I signed the package but I tried to console myself and ignored all those negatives but I met the communication problem in the past February with the sales person I engaged. She claimed herself as the Hong Kong Customer Service Manager (CSM) . We actually put on a quarrel in written form, which I communicated with her through FB. I'm very disappointed with her attitude. I swear I won't buy my air ticket to Taiwan if I were to know her true colour! but it's too late now, I already bought it and I got no choice. I will be going in this coming May. (GOD BLESS ME~! T__T)

Also I have paid full amount which "persuaded" by the so called CS Manager to get better free gifts. I believe it's just the same old technique they used for other customers. I also believe that this is the main reason why I've been treated "nicely" this way, since I have paid for the full amount, they got nothing to lose even if I don't want to go...

My situation almost same like what mentioned by Micardis, the CSM also gave me wrong information or more accurately is "fake promise". She will promise everything before the payment. For example, she portrait herself and her stuff like super friendly and nice lady and will serve both of u very well...said any changes or dissatisfaction can be discuss or adjust... bla...bla...bla.. ended up she push every single work "clean & clear" to the customer service officer in Taiwan. I was so fed up and argue with her in FB, she lost her patient and replied me in very rude way. (Not worth to mention what have we been argue with). Totally different with the first time I met her. I then email her General Manager and told him about the incident and request for explanation regarding this issue. And then I received a phone call from that CSM on the same day afternoon and she apologized to me. but I can sense that she was forced to apologize. I sense no guilty, but anger from her FB's status.

From this incident, I also foresee that my PS won't be a great journey as what I imagined previously. I believe the journey would be tough, I can't really imagine more! After that, I've been through a hard time, I worried a lot and can't really sleep well. I felt it's really stupid idea to have PS in oversea! It ain't good like what people said. I really have a super duper bad impression about the entire company before I land my legs in Taiwan! What it will await us in this coming May? I got no eye to see....

My finance actually hypnotize me to think positively...choose the best out of the worse.

Still, I'm not happy.... :(

anyway anyone feel free to discuss with me further about the same issue, do add me in FB :)

https://www.facebook.com/minming0327

HKG csm, maggie?

Why dont u call up and speak to her... coz written don seems to slove the problems...

Hi Ladies,

Also sign up package with NY1999 last year December then they present invoice under De Paris, when we ask they said it's just a representative, but during Feb my gf meet them again at 1U and they said they might terminate their contract with De Paris cox De Paris promise too much and lousy service.

My Gf then ask what happen to our booking which sign on 2011 December as we only plan to go next year Feb for the Sakura, they said if terminated we are left with De Paris cox money still with them... I was WTF!!!!

Anyone can confirm this ?? also heard the good photographer ah sui already resign ?? really ?? any other good photographer to reco ?? oh gosh.. headache..

Hi micardis,

I also faced same situation while choosing pic. After 2nd round, she quoted me those prices. I just told her, i m not fond of the pic, I can still delete them so I asked if we can go through and delete again. She had no choice so we went for 3rd round. But before that she keep on asking what's my budget.. My fiancé told her rm1000. She quoted rm1500 package for us. I insisted on no n keep deleting. I don't give them face lo. Since they so rude n fake. The Dian Zhang is a useless guy I feel. The gal can't persuade so she asked him to persuade me. He came and dunno talk what! After he left my fiancé looked at me asking what was he trying to say? Haha...

End up we deleted till 36 poses and topped up rm1000 for them. Total is our package (26pose) rm3998 + (10pose) rm1000 = rm 4998... The price is same as what my fren took in Malaysia and they 40++ poses. Worse is we have to rent gown and other stuffs during AD... I foresee total damage to be 7k... Totally not worth it!

Ya.. I took on 4 n choose on 3.. U were there oso?

Hi micardis,

Hello, Yup! Quite unhappy with their service btw, last min tell us that we cant go Kenting coz got a lot of people n traffic jam... They advise me to go there n buy balloons, in the end the shops are close coz it's public holiday, childrens day n qing ming jie... wtf... I think they shld inform us in advance. Did they inform you?

Your package sounds very interesting!

You can enjoy to have the short honeymoon too. Really worth!! :thumbsu:

Short honeymoon? Me and husband quarrel due to their wrong arrangement! :( Hiaz... Totally not a gd experience... Now am keeping my finger cross to see the outcome of the photoshop photos...

Reading all the bad experience with NY1999, it is really very sad. Wedding suppose to be a happy thing, end up we have to worry this, worry that, get upset over things. I do signed up with De Paris and suppose to go NY1999 to have PS at Kenting and believe me I was fill with regrets after I signed the package. I signed up with De Paris randomly during shopping trip at 1U without any survey and hearing all the negative comments on De Paris is not good. Two things I regret is I didn’t negotiate much for extra photos (I only got 30 poses), and also to negotiate all gowns to be outdoor (since we are Taiwan, of course we want outdoor right, if indoor, must well we do in locally. So I ended up with 2 gowns indoor, 4 gowns outdoor, if want all outdoor, additional charges)

Well, I just came back from PS at Taiwan last week and is not with NY1999 (surprise! J )is with Selina Bridal Shop at Taoyuan. I believe it is also tie up with De Paris since I signed up with De Paris rather than NY1999. It all begins with me telling them I actually don’t like beach scenery (silly me right, don’t like beach, signed up with them, is cos they show me sun moon lake and cingqing farm punya photos, haiz..kena con) I like flower and greenery sceneries. So De Paris gave me an option to choose between NY1999 and Selina. So since I want flower and greenery sceneries and also dun wan spend so much time on travelling from Taipei to kaoshiong. I decide to choose Selina.

Ok, time to share my experience with Selina. When reach the airport, someone from the bridal shop pick us up from the airport. All of them there are friendly so far no black face. Upon reaching around 3 or 4pm, meal was provided. After meal, gowns choosing time. First she will ask me to look around then let me choose from the computer which I cant find any nice from the computer. Only the first floor she let me choose even though ground floor they have gowns. She claimed that ground floor is for actual day which is more simple so for PS not suitable cos can’t see much of the design. Well, silly me just said oh..ok. So I was disappointed at their gowns selection, is not even one full floor. Lucky I manage to choose 3 white gowns that I like, so no complaint on that. As for the night gowns, having tough time cos so hard to choose nice one with the limited selection. Not very satisfying but since 2gowns will be indoor so I chuck the two least satisfying as indoor. Cos I don’t plan to choose any photos for indoor at all unless is super nice, which I doubt so la. The lady who serve me is patient enough, cos for some of the same gown I actually tried twice. Didn’t show me black face. After I select all my gowns, I went down to ground floor, waiting for MUA so I walked around and look at the gown and saw one gown that I might like but too late. I also didn’t bother much since I choose my white gowns d. If can, I wan all 6 to be white gowns but it will be boring then all white.

After gown selection, the MUA approach me to discuss on my hairstyle…well..it didn’t help much on actual PS but is more like she asked me am I ok with this or that. I remember telling her I don’t want put like big flowers, which ended up they did put. And yes, they will push for you to buy ampoule. I only brought two and she said I need 4 and my husband need 2. So ended up I gave mine to my husband and I bought 4 for TWD2,000. After MUA, is photographer. In the package, it did state that I get to choose my photographer but the problem is since I change bridal shop and from the website I cant tell much what’s the respective photographers style la, so I didn’t bother much on this. Same as MUA, they just asked our opinion for the sake of asking, they don’t really take into consideration. We said we wanted smtg more natural like maybe we no need to pose, like we doing smtg, you just capture the moment. Well, ended up, everything single shots we pose and instructed by her. Got few shots, both me and my husband trying to be funny, do some cheeky face, she asked us ‘wat you doing la, smile la’ so well..guess all our photos have the same smiles, same pose maybe. Oh…we confirm our route in KL with De Paris but when reach there, the photographer asked us which route we want, so we actually change to around taoyuan instead of Danshui area.

Overall I enjoyed the PS, it is fun for me, tiring for my husband. I cant really tell the MUA got black face since she is wearing mask all the time. The photographer and the assistant are friendly. The photographer is funny and quite playful. Although there are times where she shouted ‘smile la’ but it actually make us smile more cos we find it funny. There are times also, where she asked us to look at each other and smile. Guess our smile not wide enough, she said “you see ghost ar?” There are one style the MUA told me is cute style but I ended up more mature…I wonder is their definition of cute=mature? Hmmm…and the make up, no change, just help me touch up only, only change hair style..that’s all.

And yes, we skip lunch..only till after all the outdoor PS, headed back to bridal shop, they stop by taupau food for us and themselves.

Oh..i also requested to shoot in our couple t-shirt with no extra charge cos I told them no need change my hairstyle..so is just like the same style and they are ok. On top of that, when I signed up with De Paris (tied with NY1999) they said ll give me fireworks shots (not those big one, like during CNY, we played the fireworks or firecracker?? Not sure what is it call like. Just like those small stick type), so when I changed to Selina, I got request that too and KL ppl said cannot. So when I reached there, the photographer suddenly approach me and said KL office said I wanted to take night scene and asked me is it ok just shoot outside the bridal shop. Of cos I said ok la, as long as not indoor…so my last gown is both indoor and outside the bridal shop. In a way, I earned I guess.

I have not see the photos yet as I choose the album to be make in KL to save on courier cost so I will choose photos at De Paris and I really praying hard that their service is not sucky as what it claimed to be. Hopefully the photos turn out to be nice or at least OK.

Oh ya..one more thing I feel cheated. Wednesday is the shop offday and I arrived on tue so my PS will be on thurs. Since the package only cover two nights, so I paid for 1extra night. They charged me RM220/night, however, when I signed smtg upon check out, I saw the hotel charged them at TWD1495/nite. Haiz..they really try to earn everything they can.

Well, overall I would said fun experience and of cos with some dissatisfaction here and there. if I will to choose again, I will not signed up with De Paris and any of those bridal shop that don’t give back all the soft copies. I will choose freelance photographers, I feel their style is more everlasting than those normal bridal shop, just my 2 cents.

Hi micardis,

Hello, Yup! Quite unhappy with their service btw, last min tell us that we cant go Kenting coz got a lot of people n traffic jam... They advise me to go there n buy balloons, in the end the shops are close coz it's public holiday, childrens day n qing ming jie... wtf... I think they shld inform us in advance. Did they inform you?

Nope.. I only got informed on the night before shooting, after I choose the gowns. Can u imagine, I've been choosing the gown so it will suit kenting. So sad. I just saw the 1st edit of the pics, I feel it's so normal... Haih...

Nope.. I only got informed on the night before shooting, after I choose the gowns. Can u imagine, I've been choosing the gown so it will suit kenting. So sad. I just saw the 1st edit of the pics, I feel it's so normal... Haih...

Will you consider re-take pre-wedding if not satisfied with the current one? I am actually consider it if i can find one that's not too bad and is quite cheap or they are doing some promotion.

Hi micardis,

Some of my friends told us to retake my wedding ps... wtf...

I spend SGD$6k for retake of ps... it's really WTF.

Also saw my edit photos and me and husband, really very unahppy. It's really normal until zzzzzzz.... My friends can do better job in photoshop the colours... NYV called us and claim becoz we nvr let photographer know we wan our photos colour to be strong.

Want to see the photos? Add me in FB, jessica12_88@hotmail.com

Now we are waiting for our next batch of edit photos... hopefully it's better than now! if not I sure Hoo haa until they dont need to do business in Singapore. It's like we are beening con...

[some of my friends told us to retake my wedding ps... wtf...

Also saw my edit photos and me and husband, really very unahppy. It's really normal until zzzzzzz.... My friends can do better job in photoshop the colours... NYV called us and claim becoz we nvr let photographer know we wan our photos colour to be strong.

Now we are waiting for our next batch of edit photos... hopefully it's better than now! if not I sure Hoo haa until they dont need to do business in Singapore. It's like we are beening con...

You mean you engaged another bridal shop or freelance photographer to retake you pre-wedding cos you unhappy with NY1999 works?

Btw - added you on FB :)

Jessica, I added u oso.. Saw the pics. Ours even worse, my hubby's head a bit crooked n I asked if can edit to be straight, they say the same thing as they told u. I really very mad. Can't we do anything bout it? Stop their conning!

[some of my friends told us to retake my wedding ps... wtf...

You mean you engaged another bridal shop or freelance photographer to retake you pre-wedding cos you unhappy with NY1999 works?

Btw - added you on FB :)

Am unhappy with NYV work and we plan to retake our pre wedding ps...

Did u saw the edited photos by my hubby and friend? Compare to their Edited "RAW" photos...

Jessica, I added u oso.. Saw the pics. Ours even worse, my hubby's head a bit crooked n I asked if can edit to be straight, they say the same thing as they told u. I really very mad. Can't we do anything bout it? Stop their conning!

Am waiting for their edited colours photos...

They told us, Edit and colour adjustment is different thing after we hoo haa abt this issue. They say colour adjustment must be done by photographer... So it's communication problems... wth. Anyway am still waiting for the colour adjustment photos...

other than head crooked, any issue?

Am unhappy with NYV work and we plan to retake our pre wedding ps...

Did u saw the edited photos by my hubby and friend? Compare to their Edited "RAW" photos...

Their so call 'edited' photo..cannot make it la..no wonder you are so upset.

hey Jessica,

Me too, i had the same issue.

The background colour was too bright for my white gown. I told them to adjust it they said they cannot do it (when i was choosing my photos in Taiwan)

But when they email me the edited photo, i could not accept it at all....

I told them many friends and family commented that it was lousy...

and in the end they did something about it...

I mean they are suppose to be professional, but skills like those of amateur only!!!!!

Disappointed!

hi gals, I'm just back from Taiwan few weeks ago. Share some of my experience with you all.

Overall NY1999 wasn't as bad as what I read in the forum. May be I never put high expectation, pick the best out of the worse, so the outcome wasn't that bad and most of my friends said that my photos are nice...

For gown selection, it was like most of you girls...not much choice..and most of the gowns were old and some look very old fashion...Still, I'm able to find get something, choose the best out of the worse.

Specially love their white gown, sadly the nicer one only allow in indoor not for outdoor..and I only allow to pick one white gown for my outdoor which I picked a short gown..kinda disappointed and I was so silly that I never request to change my dinner gown with an extra white gown.. :(

However, one good thing of them is they let me tried over 20 pcs and even allow me to take photo freely.. (not like the one in local, forbidden my fiance to take photo). Also I think they are very efficient where the tailor alter the gown to fit my size within 30 minutes, I think that was quick! For local, they took a week for alteration.

For my make up, I also have to pay for amplouse even thought I brought my own amplouse. The MUA siad the amplouse I brought cannot be use for make up purpose, it was only suitable for skin care. I tried to argue with her but she threaten (in a soft way) me by saying that the make up might will get off if I refuse to use her amplouse...I don't want to have quarrel so I just took her amplouse. I actually have back up by bringing two different types of amplouse, still she said cannot use. She use only one of my amplouse for 抗敏感. Then use one for my body, another for my fiance, total 3 amplouse of mine. Then I paid TWD1000 for another two amplouse (保湿&控油), that was extremely expensive! In my opinion, it was her excuse to earn extra money. She issued me an receipt for the amplouse, so I believe MUA gain extra money by selling amplouse to customers.

For photographer, I have appointed photographer but I was unable to meet him up to discuss about the style and places we like. The manager served us and wrote it down but I think it's a waste of time because the next day my photographer ask me again the same old stuff. The manager never transfer the info to the photographer. so lame...

Somehow my photographer is a funny guy, he made lots of joke during the photo shoot to make us laugh. But the cons about him was he don't really have exact frame of shoot in his mind, he just simple snap snap then move to next station. May be he was just want to be quick... I heard that they have customers from oversea almost everyday. So they have outdoor shooting almost everyday...I believe it is the main cause which we can't meet our photographer the day before our photo shoot.

Another good thing about them was the driver and also the ming su. The driver pick up us to transfer between the BS and ming su during our 4 days 3 nights stay. We come down late from ming su for several time but he didn't show use any black face. Also the customer service officer actually warmed us not to carry so much luggage as our room is at 3rd floor, he said no one will help us to carry the luggage. However, when we arrived there the driver and ming su's boss helped us to carry our luggage! That's surprised me, our luggage kinda heavy... He's a nice and friendly man. :)

Beside, my fiance and I love the ming su very much. Our room is the at the top and is the biggest room with huge bath tub in Greece style...the only disadvantage about the ming su was no WIFI, not so convenient for us.

And also we love the breakfast there! especially the sandwiches. It wasn't as bad like mentioned previously. The ming su actually gave us a coupon of a breakfast shop at the same residence area. We then redeem our breakfast there. Quite a variety of choice but mostly I wake up late almost everyday so did't have time so sit there and enjoy my breakfast.. :p

The hard part was the photo selection. The girl there was so honey-pasted mouth, and she really has technique how to persuade you to add more photo. I have to say we didn't stand firm enough..especially my fiance, he kept on saying it's nice it's nice don't delete...at last we added 44 poses which costed us much... ;(

While for editing part, some of my photos have too bright background so I asked them to adjust for the background and they never reject my request like what happen to Jessica. But they need longer time to adjust background brightness, and they also mentioned it was photographer's job.

In conclusion, to those already signed up with NY1999, they wasn't that bad but remember to try ask as much questions as you could before you go there, communication is the main key. At least you can be prepare to bear with the bad part. To those haven't sign, my opinion is to negotiate as much as you could to get the best package, do survey before you sign up. But I believe there are lot of better option out there, so make wise decision. It will be like burning cash if you wish to have your PS in oversea...

My advise to all the BTBs - DO NOT sign up with Bridal Shop especially De Paris!! I really feel kena con by them. I am disappointed with the photos taken, the standard like drop or maybe i am not pretty enough. For me to choose 30 photos is not as hard as i though cos a lot of nice photos. There are photos where our leg look long and it make our body look short..is funny la. Then their indoor photo..ai yo..M'sia indoor a lot better, seriously a lot better. Their wallpaper sucks! and their lighting...cannot make it la. When we signed up the package, told us got piano la, swing la, when we reach there apa pun tak ada. Oh Btw, i signed up with De Paris but i went to Taiwan Bridal shop called Selina.

ok, back to the photo selection sessions. Well, have to give credit to them for not giving me black face but seriously they are super not flexible at ALL! i have a huge frame photo where usually to hang in our room. I do not want that cos i will be migrating soon after wedding so no point having big photo frame or any photo frame since is a burden to bring it over. So i request to add photo..i told them if hardcopy cannot, just softcopy also can. But they insists NO...cannot swap like this la said photo is valuable to them la..bla bla. But the photos are only valuable to us and to them if we do not add photos, it is not valuable anymore. Why cant they make the customer happy? I understand maybe don't want give us extra hardcopy cos might be more exp or wat but at least soft copy..haiz.

Then for the gowns..my package inclusive of actual day wedding gown, evening gown and suit. They wedding gown all not nice..seem old and dont have the lace design that i want. Oh..they have like the highest floor which they called designer gown, which is suppose to be nicer than the 2nd floor (which i can choose from). So i said i dont want wedding gown and suit, i just want evening gown but i want it from the designer gown selection. So instead of 2 gowns + 1 suit, i choose only 1 evening gown. Also cannot!!! Haiz...super not flexible and customer focus lor.

Ok..then to the design of the photo, when i choose the photo, i already told them wat i wan them to edit such as remove the dirt from my hubby pant and shoe, remove the door knob for the indoor photo. End up..none of these are done! The best part is instead of remove the dirt, they make the photo so small like bubble can only see our face only. Is this their way or removing the dirt?? Also we told them we choose this photo cos we wan to see our couple T-shirt, end up they make the photo so small that can hardly see..ai yo yo.

Well..in short, throught out the whole wedding planning, signing up with De Paris is my most regretful decision ever made!

Hi gals, I've also signed up for the photo package with NY1999 and am now in Taiwan for my pre-wedding photography. Wanted to get some advise from bride who have already had their photos taken, what's the price per additional photo, if you did add extra photos to your album?

Would appreciate any inputs.. :) thanks!

Hi, i sign up with NYV1999 in Feb 2012, just saw alot bad comment, and i pay RM500 deposit, if really that bad i can waste my RM500 to give up this package rather i spend RM4000 for my PS package (not yet include flight ticket)

Here are my package

A) my package just photo 20 sets, it didnt show how many pose i have

B) 5 gown- they allow me to chose all section include the VIP section (is there any different between the section? or just their way to attract people)

C) 礼盒x1 姐妹照x60

D)DVD for photo storage

E) the FOC my outdoor transportation and FOC accompanying bautician, FOC for appointed photographer

F) 2 days stay and pick us up at airport

Start so regred after so many bad feedback, do i still need to continue or give up?

any suggestion? thank you so much

Just to get this discussion up.... I've sign up long ago and few of the forumer has also given me some good advise, but would like to heard the latest couple experience who went from 3 & 4 Q of 2012 recently as I'm going this March 2013.

Any more comment and advise or recomemdation ?