^tam^

Parkroyal Hotel~comments of their chinese wedding package??

hi ^tam^,

You can view the comments here :

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....p;hl=Park+Royal

and

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681

I had my wedding there as well and it was a great pleasure. The SA there is excellent.. she's very helpful and so is En. Rahim Musa. So far I didn't have any problems with them other than their waiters needed to be told to serve the alcohol to my guests instead of waiting to be asked. So just make sure you highlight this to Amy (the SA) I hope you'll have a wonderful wedding!

^tam^,

The food there was great. You know how people say hotel's food is always not nice? Well this is different. I think this was way better than what my cousin brother had in one of the Tai Thong group's restaurant.

Dear Diana,

Mind to share the price of the menu and the photos of the dinner?

Thank you.

alicialee85@gmail.com.

^tam^,

The food there was great. You know how people say hotel's food is always not nice? Well this is different. I think this was way better than what my cousin brother had in one of the Tai Thong group's restaurant.

hi ^tam^,

You can view the comments here :

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....p;hl=Park+Royal

and

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681

I had my wedding there as well and it was a great pleasure. The SA there is excellent.. she's very helpful and so is En. Rahim Musa. So far I didn't have any problems with them other than their waiters needed to be told to serve the alcohol to my guests instead of waiting to be asked. So just make sure you highlight this to Amy (the SA) I hope you'll have a wonderful wedding!

I am trying to look for a hotel with chinese restaurant that has nice food! So happy to have read your comment about Park Royal, will survey on them soon :biggrin:

Would you mind emailing me your quotation and menu please? cherrystar.aa@gmail.com

Thanks much Diana! :wink:

^tam^,

Thanks! Erm the ballroom itself is decorated by the hotel. I just told them what colours I wanted (chose from their range) I only added a few things outside the ballroom eg. the wishing tree and arrangements on the cocktail tables. I think both of that added up together it was RM1500? I don't remember already :tongue: but should be around 1300-1500

cherrystar,

Sorry I do not have any copies of my quotation and menus anymore as my wedding was in 2008 hehe.. didn't bother to keep those things. Anyway I remember my menu's price was RM1399 ++ which comes out to roughly RM1600 then I changed the fish to the fish from the most expensive menu so end up it was around RM1700

^tam^,

Thanks! Erm the ballroom itself is decorated by the hotel. I just told them what colours I wanted (chose from their range) I only added a few things outside the ballroom eg. the wishing tree and arrangements on the cocktail tables. I think both of that added up together it was RM1500? I don't remember already :tongue: but should be around 1300-1500

cherrystar,

Sorry I do not have any copies of my quotation and menus anymore as my wedding was in 2008 hehe.. didn't bother to keep those things. Anyway I remember my menu's price was RM1399 ++ which comes out to roughly RM1600 then I changed the fish to the fish from the most expensive menu so end up it was around RM1700

Diana,

Oh! :oops: Haha.. wow RM1700! Okaaayyy.... guess i'd have to forget about Park Royal already, LOL :lol:

Thanks for your sharing! :wink:

cherrystar,

Well if you don't change any dish then it should be around RM1500 and if that's still expensive then maybe you can opt for the lower one?

cherrystar,

Oh hmm.. then I guess hotels can't be one of your choice as all of their menus are above RM1k. Maybe try chinese restaurants like Jaya Palace or Oriental Pavillion?

Diana,

Haha still can't lah.. can't really afford anything above RM1k actually :dash2:

Hi,Cherrystar.There are still a lot of hotels in Pg that has menus under 1K per table.Instead of chinese restaurants in hotels,why not have it in the ballroom(of the hotel)?Can even decorate it according to your wedding theme(if you chose to have one). :cheers:

cherrystar,

Oh hmm.. then I guess hotels can't be one of your choice as all of their menus are above RM1k. Maybe try chinese restaurants like Jaya Palace or Oriental Pavillion?

Diana, yup i have striked hotel out of my options after surveying :bye:

I heard bad reviews on the service of both Jaya Palace and Oriental Pavillion.. not sure how true but am currently shortlisting Kepong Tai Thong Odeon and.. so far no other options that FH & I really like :cool:

Thanks anyway for your suggestions, appreciate it! :biggrin:

Diana,

Haha still can't lah.. can't really afford anything above RM1k actually :dash2:

Hi,Cherrystar.There are still a lot of hotels in Pg that has menus under 1K per table.Instead of chinese restaurants in hotels,why not have it in the ballroom(of the hotel)?Can even decorate it according to your wedding theme(if you chose to have one). :cheers:

Hi Pat, I'm from KL, not PG :happy: I am looking at chinese restaurants in hotels cos hotel food normally not as tasty, and my relatives would appreciate good food! And hotels are more expensive as mentioned earlier. So chinese restaurants with nice hall is my best choice! :cool:

I was shooting for a wedding in the beginning of July, the place isn't bad....but I was doing the shoot in one of the smaller halls, with low ceilings. The bride stayed in the hotel as well cause they are not from Malaysia and those four post bed is beautiful.

Service wise I can see that the managers seemed to be friendly and helpful.

I think it's quite a good place.

Yeah the smaller ballroom is awful. Not really advised to take that if the Orchid Ballroom has been booked. Their bridal suite's bed is definitely a good one!!! Super King size bed and very nice to sleep on lol

cherrystar,

Hmm.. what about Ming room in BSC?

Diana,

Ming looks ok! :smile: But my FH kinda decided on TT Odeon already.. cos he loves the lantern lights so much!

And the manager was very friendly so he's very happy.. no matter what other restaurants I show him, he will say "I still like TT". :dash2:

LOL! :lol:

cherrystar,

hehe ok! Well good! Now you've got your venue you can move on with other thinsg!

Diana,

Ming looks ok! :smile: But my FH kinda decided on TT Odeon already.. cos he loves the lantern lights so much!

And the manager was very friendly so he's very happy.. no matter what other restaurants I show him, he will say "I still like TT". :dash2:

LOL! :lol:

:oops: Hee hee,So pai seh,Cherrystar,I was thinking of Penang Parkroyal... Well,good to hear that you found your venue.I was a bit KPC,hehe,and check out the pics of the restaurant(TT Odeon) and your FH is right,the lanterns are really lovely.You can add some ceiling draperies and it will look lovelier..Anyways,happy planning and all the best for your upcoming wedding. :cheers:

Diana,

Your meaning is that the hotel do the deco for u?? or they introduce some deco company for u?? coz currently they only intro someone to do the deco instead of pay them and they do it for us...

Diana,

Your meaning is that the hotel do the deco for u?? or they introduce some deco company for u?? coz currently they only intro someone to do the deco instead of pay them and they do it for us...

^tam^,

All hotels have a standard deco package which normally includes your table cloth, chair covers with ribbons and candlelabra. This is included in the menu you choose.