niniwong

Anyone have wedding dinner at Pavillion 6th floor Grand Palace?

Hi,

Do any brides held wedding dinner at Pavillion 6th floor Grand Palace?or have you book this restaurant?

How is their service, food & the environment?

Appreciate for your all humble sharing.... :wub:

Would be grateful if you can pm share with me your wedding dinner photo ...

Hi,

Do any brides held wedding dinner at Pavillion 6th floor Grand Palace?or have you book this restaurant?

How is their service, food & the environment?

Appreciate for your all humble sharing.... :wub:

Would be grateful if you can pm share with me your wedding dinner photo ...

Hi, I've booked the Grand Palace for wedding dinner on Jun2010.

not so sure bout the service and food, but i like the environment very much.

so are you plan to have your wedding dinner at Grand Palace?

I went there for my friend wedding in Jun 2010. Overall the food average good but the service is lousy. Dishes served inconsistently time to all tables. I had mine in tropicana and was very statisfy with he ambience and the food. My Prefered list as follow

Tropicana TT Ambience good and Food Superb

Noble Banquet Ambience good and Food Good

Oriental Pavillion Ambience Good and Food Average good

Overeas Armada Ambience so so Food Superb

Hoi Loi Tang Puchong Ambience good and food superd

Damasara Pavilion Ambience Good and Food Superb

Selayang Pavilion Ambience Godd And food Superb

I went there for my friend wedding in Jun 2010. Overall the food average good but the service is lousy. Dishes served inconsistently time to all tables. I had mine in tropicana and was very statisfy with he ambience and the food. My Prefered list as follow

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

i've booked the Grand Palace. quite worried bout it now. :sad:

Hi All,

Waiting to hear feedback on this as well...

My friend will be having it in Oct so I will ask how it is as i couldnt attend...

if you have attended or going to hav your wedding reception there, please can you give us a buzz. thank you

Went there yesterday to get more info...

They provide Vegetarian food, and they can help us to arrange for Halal/Malay food :lol:

When the couple enter the hall, they have video camera to do live telecast on the LCD screens...

And they sell parking vouchers to guests as RM 5 per entry...

Corkage fee for beer barrel is RM 100 nett...

And they provide 6 flower stands along the entry path, but no other deco provided (no arch etc)...

Hi Change,

Where is Damansara Pavilion? I m looking for the venue to dinner. Gosh... it is difficult to choose actually.

My head become double in size now. :dash2:

Dear all,

I also have booked for my Oct 2011 wedding dinner....

how many tables you all reserved for your wedding dinner? I know the food there is good, and the environment there is really nice...but just worry their service...

Thanks. ..

I attended my friend's wedding dinner there not long ago. I think the food there is so so only. Maybe I'm not good in food tasting, or maybe I get bored of chinese cuisine, haha...

I attended my friend's wedding dinner there not long ago. I think the food there is so so only. Maybe I'm not good in food tasting, or maybe I get bored of chinese cuisine, haha...

I like their food when we go there for a-la-carte... but I bet the standard will drop significantly when they have to cook for 50 tables... So I'm kinda expecting the food to be average (or slightly better)...

Does anyone know what is the cockage charges at Grand Palace, Pavillion. I am thinking of having my wedding reception there.

My fiance tried asking but was brushed off by someone there who asked her to pay the downpayment first before they disclose to her the cockage charges.

Ridiculous...

Does anyone know what is the cockage charges at Grand Palace, Pavillion. I am thinking of having my wedding reception there.

My fiance tried asking but was brushed off by someone there who asked her to pay the downpayment first before they disclose to her the cockage charges.

Ridiculous...

Ridiculous... get the name of that person who said so...

Anyway some of these info are written on the flyer/brochure.

No corkage charges for liquor and wine. For beer I think it's RM 100 per barrel...

Ridiculous...

Who is the person ask your fiance pay downpayment 1st? is the captain there?

i am really annoyed with the "captains" or managers there, we have placed our name few months back, then came back, they say that we did not do so, and another person has booked it earlier, then we say, we can pay deposit immediately for the day; knowing that our number of tables are low - they rejected us, saying that the other person is paying the deposit soon

just attended hubby's friend's wedding dinner yesterday..not sure how much is the dinner menu, but got: 4 seasons, chicken + scallop soup (no shark fin), steamed pomfret fish, suckling pig, pan fried prawns, vegetarian dish, mixed waxed meat + chinese sausage rice and dessert (soya bean with fungus). Yesterday was my 1st time eating there. my comments as below:

- atmosphere and ambience are ok

- table and chairs setting are ok, nothing grand

- got 2 pillars almost in the middle of restaurant but did not really block the stage view

- no partition separating wedding tables and walk in customers. my friend has 28 tables, so she occupied the front portion of the restaurant. they have about 6 tables for walk-in customers near the restaurant entrance, and 3-4 tables in small VIP rooms at the side, still open for business. They used 2 flower stands to separate the wedding tables and normal tables.

- got 2 big projector screen i.e. one at the stage and another at the side of the restaurant. sound system is ok.

- service is alright. the waiter changed our plates few times.

- speed of each dish is kind of slow for the first few dishes. after the 3rd or 4th dish, they started to serve 2 dishes at once, forcing us to quickly take the remaining food of the previous dish or we told the waiter to transfer to a smaller plate.

- food taste normal, nothing to shout about. from the 1st till the last dish, I dont find anything so tasty. Not only me, all my friends also think the same.

hope my comments are useful :lol: