punky pinky

Our Sharing @ Ivory Romance (IR)

Hi All, [My Sharing (ppinky) @ Ivory Romance (IR) - Part 1]

I believe some of u had seen a lot of complaints about Ivory Romance from forum which may make you lost confidence to it. Don't let all this negative comments to make you down as I am the one who had such feeling before. Let me share my experience with all you who planning take pre-wedding photo @ IR.

I know IR since I went wedding exhibition at Mid Valley in Dec09 with my best friend. Started from that moment, we like IR photo very much among the bridal shops.. I think everyone did the same like me, will compare, do lots of research, seek lots of advice, read through forums, and etc b4 signing up their wedding photo package rite ?

However when I search through the net and forums, I have dig out more and more negative feedback ….then I started to loss confident with IR…..

Few months later, I pay another visit to 2nd wedding exhibition in Mid Valley March 2010 ... when I walked out from the hall, I felt very funny … haha guess what ….

I ended up signing the package with IR even though my heart filled with worries…as everyone reminded me not to take with IR…

I told myself, silly girl u r very brave to sign up that package and paid RM 500 deposit, furthermore the person who attended us are photographer and make up artist - they cant provide us with good consultation and of course not much freebies … I bet they are really professional during makeup and photo shooting but not much on dealing a good sales ….

sigh…. what can I do now ? I just keep on comforting myself – different ppl will hav different experience and of course there is always ppl who likes and dislike….

The following weekend me & my FH quickly go to IR at Loke Yew… to check out the packages again … at there we met our SA aka consultant … well she is really superb… as she managed to sweet talk me & my FH …hahahha ...

Actually, the SA did very patiently tried to clear our doubts and worries one by one…and custom made a package based on our budget without forcing on anything even though we have paid the deposit earlier … great flexibility … thumbs up .. She provides us her professional consultation… and clarifies a lot of our worries and attended us for a total of 3hrs + even though it was on their busiest day of the week where lots of walk in potential customers….

Eventually, we had chosen a customized wedding photo package for indoor shooting at their studio together with outdoor shooting at Cameron Highlands…which amounting up to RM3.2k … We managed to minus out whatever we feel unnecessary from the package and choose the things that we wanted.

Of course the most important thing is we written down all the items that she promised clearly on the receipt so that everything is transparent and could avoid any arguments in the future. Then I also clarified and listed out whatever items that would require additional payment if were to buy from them. Thus I can decide whether to buy it from outside or buy from IR if necessary and I would not feel cheated if were to pay for the items later on … hahaha …

Hi bride-to-be,

Mind to share the package details?

i also wish to take my wedding photos in cameron but my BS doesnt recommended me and asked for rm500 EXTRA if i wish to take in Cameron.

Hear from u soon.

Hi All,

I believe some of u had seen a lot of complaints about Ivory Romance from forum which may make you lost confidence to it. Don't let all this negative comments to make you down as I am the one who had such feeling before. Let me share my experience with all you who planning take pre-wedding photo @ IR.

I know IR since I went wedding exhibition at Mid Valley in Dec09 with my best friend. Started from that moment, we like IR photo very much among the bridal shops.. I think everyone did the same like me, will compare, do lots of research, seek lots of advice, read through forums, and etc b4 signing up their wedding photo package rite ?

However when I search through the net and forums, I have dig out more and more negative feedback ….then I started to loss confident with IR…..

Few months later, I pay another visit to 2nd wedding exhibition in Mid Valley March 2010 ... when I walked out from the hall, I felt very funny … haha guess what ….

I ended up signing the package with IR even though my heart filled with worries…as everyone reminded me not to take with IR…

I told myself, silly girl u r very brave to sign up that package and paid RM 500 deposit, furthermore the person who attended us are photographer and make up artist - they cant provide us with good consultation and of course not much freebies … I bet they are really professional during makeup and photo shooting but not much on dealing a good sales ….

sigh…. what can I do now ? I just keep on comforting myself – different ppl will hav different experience and of course there is always ppl who likes and dislike….

The following weekend me & my FH quickly go to IR at Loke Yew… to check out the packages again … at there we met our SA aka consultant … well she is really superb… as she managed to sweet talk me & my FH …hahahha ...

Actually, the SA did very patiently tried to clear our doubts and worries one by one…and custom made a package based on our budget without forcing on anything even though we have paid the deposit earlier … great flexibility … thumbs up .. She provides us her professional consultation… and clarifies a lot of our worries and attended us for a total of 3hrs + even though it was on their busiest day of the week where lots of walk in potential customers….

Eventually, we had chosen a customized wedding photo package for indoor shooting at their studio together with outdoor shooting at Cameron Highlands…which amounting up to RM3.2k … We managed to minus out whatever we feel unnecessary from the package and choose the things that we wanted.

Of course the most important thing is we written down all the items that she promised clearly on the receipt so that everything is transparent and could avoid any arguments in the future. Then I also clarified and listed out whatever items that would require additional payment if were to buy from them. Thus I can decide whether to buy it from outside or buy from IR if necessary and I would not feel cheated if were to pay for the items later on … hahaha …

i think their main problem is after sales service and also delivering what they promise. there are always loop holes.

its easy to to reassure and get the sale but personally i find them to be rather unprofessional once u sign on the dotted line and pay them a deposit.

BUT there are few lucky ones who managed to get good SA who really followed through.

All i can say is that they judged wrongly thinking me n my hubby were just young couples who were easy prey.

Hi Si Wan

The actual package is RM3988 - 1 day photo shooting @ cameron (without staying overnight & drive ourself) & 1 day indoor @ IR studio, & of course some freebies from deposit or full payment and lucky draw gift

And mine is RM3298 which had drop off (excluded) below items:

1. 1 dinner gown

2. 1 bridegroom coat

3. cystal cover

4. maintain 24' x 30' without upgrade to 20' x 36'

5. small album (same photo pose with big album)

P/S: the rest maintain & same as the package offering

Well if your BS offering u additional rm500 see what they are offering & make sure u double check :

- Hotel or apartment provided ?

- Transportation wise & whether ur hubby need to drive ?

- Cost to take photo in any private places in cameron ?

- List out any hidden or additional cost that u need to pay. (Do u hav to pay extra when u reach there besides the rm500?)

U can consider to stay a nite @ cameron and take photo the next morning till evening, otherwise if ur hubby is driving without sufficient rest & take photo straight away he will looks tired & exhausted - juz my 2cents (try to talk to ur SA/consultant)

Well I'll try to share some of my experience of going to cameron here shortly .....

Hi bride-to-be,

Mind to share the package details?

i also wish to take my wedding photos in cameron but my BS doesnt recommended me and asked for rm500 EXTRA if i wish to take in Cameron.

Hear from u soon.

Hi All,

Hi All, [My Sharing (ppinky) @ Ivory Romance (IR) - Part 2]

I was counting day by day since then, and finally it's my day for gown fitting. Just a reminder for all the sisters here, pls make sure you booked all the corresponding dates with your SA to make the appointment in advance especially for those who like to have it on weekend.

Well my experience on that day was amazing, I felt like a little princess throughout the moments there. Just imagine having such a huge wardrobe with so many gowns and you can test non-stops, furthermore there was a consultant and assistant there to help you change and choose your preferred gowns. :wub:

Luckily my SA and her assistant was so helpful, she picks quite a number of gowns for my fitting, helped me to dress up the gowns, giving me some recommendations and test till I nod my head and say "Yes, I do like the gown very much" …Well, it really tested on their patient as I have been fitting those gowns for 4 hours + and yet they still put up a friendly smile and attended me nicely.

Finally, I have chosen a total of 7 lovely gowns for my indoor and outdoor photo shooting sessions. Then only I started to realize, the clock is ticking fast and their shop was closed and we're still inside… really great experience and having a good time… hahaha….

Another gentle reminder for gown testing: if you have chosen a totally new gown (where no one ever wear on it) you may need to pay additional extra charge on it, so you can try to negotiate with your consultant to check whether she can offer you a lower rate on it or not.

Besides, I still can recall this, "Sometimes, you see the gowns in fitting rooms was not so nice but in photo shooting the outcome in photo is very nice" claim my SA when she recommended me a gown, then she took the photos taken by other customer for me to have a look. "It was really nice" I agreed and selected the gown in my preferred list…

my journey to be continue on part 3 ... :lol:

Hi All, [My Sharing (ppinky) @ Ivory Romance (IR) - Part 3]

Finally the day which I have been long awaited is coming – our outdoor shooting at Cameron. A day before the photo shooting, my SA calls up to remind us on the preparation, departure time and she had assigned an additional assistant photographer to follow us.Me & my hubby were so excited and we do pack a lot of necessities like: shoes, magic bra, white shirt, belt, and etc….Before departure, we drop by at IR to pick up the photographer, and assistant and as well as loading some stuffs from IR - gowns and some photo shooting tools and etc….

Along the journey to Cameron, we easily form a good relationship with the photographer and assistant, they were friendly than I thought and we chat all the way, had great laughs with some of their jokes. Throughout the whole journey we felt very enjoyable and don’t feel “Pai Sei” although this was our first meet.After few hrs, we finally reach the CH apartment around 2 a.m. and met up with our makeup artist …This overnight stay also suggested and arranged by SA where she concern and believe the long journey will make us exhausted. ….. It’s true, my hubby said luckily the SA arranges that, otherwise his looks on the photos is totally out!!! hahahaha …

(Remark to Si Wan: Try to make arrangement with ur SA, I believe if the BS normally take photo at CH they will have contacts and u can get a reasonable price & comfortable apartment there especially during weekdays)

Ring….ring….ring….6.00 am…We lazily woke up from our bed. Wow!!! I felt shocked when I saw myself reflected from the mirror…. …Dark circle and pimples… so horrible and ugly …. times comes for a “Magic Show” from make up artist….Just 1.5 hrs later, I transformed to “Big Eyes Mei Mei” …. Really unbelievable and caused my FH stunned for few minutes :wub: I like my new look very much…Very thanks to my “magician” who makes my tiring looks disappeared…

We started our first scene at lake house compound…wearing the gown and “Can Can” was very bulky….But luckily, makeup artist helped me to lighten my “Burden”…Fresh air frm the cools environment & atmosphere make us felt lively & refresh …2nd scene lake house restaurant – classic British style settings so our looks changed again to match the environment…lovely look – I liked it so much…. :wub:

Next, we have few shot at lake side and public garden….smile, smile, smile instructed the photographer in a sense of humor ….So many shots and pose were taken and we started to feel stiffed on our smile…Luckily we still have the assistant who kept on making jokes to capture our natural smiley face … and with the cool weather it keep us totally refreshing all the times, not even feel like sweating at all even with the gowns or coat on!!! - this was the best part when u take photo at these kind of places or environment ….hahaha & it convinced me that I have made a correct decision on the outdoor location – suitable for those who worried about sweating and hot which will cause uncomfortable during the photo shooting and the makeup .. hehehe

my journey to be continue on part 4 ... :lol:

Hi All, [My Sharing (ppinky) @ Ivory Romance (IR) - Part 4]

Next, we are going to wonderland (the main theme scenery of Cameron)!! Along the way up to was pretty danger….Just imagine a car loaded full with ppl and stuffs driving on a narrow and slippery track and heading towards a place located at upmost place Brinchang CH….really adventurous experience…But it was worthwhile when we reached the place…just like a fairyland…..hazy and cool….full of green species as if u have travelled miles into a tropical forest …..a little kind of AVATAR feel … after edited the photo in photoshop of course …

Wonderful places ….We love it very much….(definitely a must go places when u visit Cameron!!) Hopefully I can manage to upload some pics … to share with all the sisters here on how the places look like… :wub:

Then, we took a few shoots at Tea Garden where a little couple wearing gown & coat surrounded by tea plantation & mountains all around, the view was really breathtaking and granular…

Out of a sudden my imagination comes and I joke with my hubby we’re juz short of music and dancing and rolling down the slopes otherwise we both are like actor to Hindustan movies :blush: ….. muahahaahha … it was great and funny experience though … down there …

Snap !!! …. And it’s the final shot… all of us were so tired. After, we changed and packed everything the photographer brings us to Boh Tea Center … to enjoy a sip of Cameron Boh Tea with the relaxing evening on top of the tea plantation area platform… hmm… the taste was so good :tongue: (maybe due to the environment, atmosphere & freshness as its totally different taste compared to the Boh tea we had at downtown or kl)

Ohh,, that’s not the end yet, they bring us to the market places to grab some souvenir, sweet corns, tea, snacks & strawberries. We had a great time there on trying some local snacks and showing our kl ppl bargaining power, hahaha everyone also ended up happily with few bags of stuff… Finally, we went to had our dinner to taste some of the CH famous dishes & vegetables …. deliciously yummy !!! we finished all the food we ordered .. everyone was so full and we started our journey to return home safely …

Hi All, [My Sharing (ppinky) @ Ivory Romance (IR) – Part 5]

Overall, I found my journey for this outdoor photo shooting at Cameron was amazing, me & my FH were satisfied and had a enjoyable moments up there. It was a sweet and touching day for us :wub: and its totally more than photo shooting on what the package is offering.

Those memorable moments that we spend with the photographer, makeup artist and the assistant co-photographer at Cameron outdoor photo shooting was truly wonderful and of course it comes true with the help of my SA/consultant on making such a great arrangement for me.

Understand my sharing experience on my Cameron outdoor photo shooting was quite long winded, but I hope this will helping you to level up your confidence with IR. Thumb ups to IR consultants & those professionals who had serve me… :wink:

Wish all the sisters here also had a great experience of photo shooting….. :wub:

Happy sharing !!!

great to hear some positive feedback on IR.

im wondering if u're talking about the mossy forest....its got steps into the forest and a lot of moss/weeds on trees.

i took my shoot there too with victoria bridal gallery. its really an amazing place for wedding shoot.

Hi Punky Pinky,

I recently went for a Bridal fair @ MVEC 2010 and i liked ivory romance pix very much and paid a deposit of rm500 like you. However i read alot of negative feedback which really scares me so much that i think of giving up

on them...thank goodness at least some customers do have a great experience with them like you.

can you tell me your SA name so that i can look for her when im there to see their shop. When i paid the deposit they told me within 3 months must go n visit them, then decide whether i want to take up thier package or not. the thing i like about theirs is the outdoor location carcosa seri negara...thats y i signed up..also their make up look natural..

i do hope to read more of your posts...hehe...

Hi Punky Pinky,

I recently went for a Bridal fair @ MVEC 2010 and i liked ivory romance pix very much and paid a deposit of rm500 like you. However i read alot of negative feedback which really scares me so much that i think of giving up

on them...thank goodness at least some customers do have a great experience with them like you.

can you tell me your SA name so that i can look for her when im there to see their shop. When i paid the deposit they told me within 3 months must go n visit them, then decide whether i want to take up thier package or not. the thing i like about theirs is the outdoor location carcosa seri negara...thats y i signed up..also their make up look natural..

i do hope to read more of your posts...hehe...

Hi there,

Sorry for late reply...My SA is Mandy and another consultant is Ah Yeng. You actually can looks for their assistant... They very helpful...

i just attended my friend's wedding. Saw her photos which is from IR too, ok la.. not too bad but nothing to shout about. The best thing is her gowns!!! All are very nice especially the dinner dress! She is so stunning with those designer gowns. :wub:

Hi there,

Great to hear your wonderful story and experience with Ivory Romance.

Im glad to hear that its been going very well and that lessen my worries about them. Im still contemplating which wedding shop to go to but Ive seen a few before and IR are the best with everything they do just that becoz of so much negative feedback Im worried it will turn out bad.

Im currently in melbourne and going back to KL in 2 weeks time and only got a month to prepare everything before i go back to melbourne again so need to check which shop is good. I hope my FH will like IR...

I heard got alot of BS at SS2 is it true?

Can you tell me your consultant name so i can see her and consult.

Congrats again on ur wedding.

Haiz....sadly to say, i took my bridal photo there too.....and my photos actually turn out terrible cos they edit our faces too smooth until we look like we have done plastic surgery!

we told them to re-edit bck to the original face but still......in the end we got frustrated and just took it. The problems didnt stop there....1 week before my wedding the album only readied with 1 page missing! the woman even dare said that it's correct and no missing. After checking records then only she admitted the 1 page was missing and it was their mistake.

the photographer wasnt even pro too...he showed his black face when we couldnt pose the poses that he wanted. Haiz.....myself as a photographer will never have this kind of attitude.

One thing about IR is that they will con you and leave you with even worst memory you were supposed to have when you are married. My friend went and sign up the package after hearing another friend who went there 10 years ago and got a good feedback. So she saw the sample photo album and has already decided to sign up regardless wat. The hubby paid full as there are more special gifts included if paid full amount. Whatever they promised you will be written in black and white in the invoice and whatever in the discussion will be agreed in the form of nodding and ok. These are the ones where everything went into hell. They will give you assurance and says all ok, no worries then when you ask about it to deliver they turned and say they never said such things and no black and white on the invoice and also this is "Standard" in the industry and comes the pakatan of every staff saying the same thing leaving you being the one in the wronged. After hearing my friend telling me her story she cried so many times. I was shocked I can't believe BS will be such a black shop to go all out for your money and turn & twist everything after that. Paying in full payment means you trust this company and my friend got back stabbed for such trust.

Just to let everyone knows about this. It's still happening and their service is still so lousy. The frown face for not topping up, the old gowns for selection only, the new gown with expensive top ups, the photo album top ups for additional page ( here is something you never thought off, you can buy additional pose but it won't be in the album, to be in the album you need to buy additional page, and to be a design page - yup additional top up again), make up top ups, outdoor top ups, The most bullshit I heard my friend said to me was the additional pose they paid for were given sample pictures only meaning these pictures can't be enlarge or else will get pixelated - then why pay RM80 per pose for additional pose sample pictures? adding one page RM100, adding design RM200+ per page. My friend's only positive comment were the samples shown was very good. (my guess is those samples were 10 years ago where they have very good staffs then)