bunnyNwife

Baby Birthday Cake Ideas

We always want the best for our little one. Birthday cake can be one of a very signficant memory for a child - at least for me. After 30 years, I can still clearly remember the 3D train cake my dad ordered from a neighbourhood bakery during one of my birthday. It doesnt need to be expensive and it can even just be a yummy homebaked cake BUT the memory counts!

Jaylene just celebrated her 1st birthday in June and we ordered a Pooh theme cake for her. She kept wanting to touch the cake and play with the figurines.

05062010090.jpg06062010098-1.jpg06062010099.jpg06062010100.jpg

06062010101.jpg05062010091.jpg06062010105.jpg06062010103.jpg

05062010092.jpg06062010104.jpg

Cake details

Weight: around 3kg

Price: RM280

Cake: Fondant & Choc marble

Bakery: Jessica from http://jcakehomemade.blogspot.com

I hope I can polish up my baking skill and make her a birthday cake in the future!

Sharon, this is very good thread ~ hahahhahahahaha

i text Jessica right after i spoke to you earlier.. maybe will call her later for more details :-p

wow.. in your photo..the cake looks very big ler compare to the website ..heheh

oops a bit too late...i just order a birthday cake for little sophie 1st bday from another lady.

Is it a fondant cake?

Sheep,

Yah... fondant cake.. I still keep all the figurines.. haha.. too cute to melt it in my mouth! My maid keeps wanting to EAT IT

Please remember to share the photos of the cake here...

I called Jessica also after seeing Jaylene's cake.. And she is fully booked til November!

I'd spoken to her and she sounded very nice la..and when i told her i got her contacts frm u, she gave me special price..lol.

Actually there is a malay lady in USJ/Subang doing something similar and her fondant cake looks very nice BUT total communication breakdown between us as I cant really understand her questions THUS i gave up. Haha..

Her name is Kak Jun and her blog name is cupcakekasih

Mummies you can check out vanillacakesnsuch on facebook as well...her name is Adrienne...She is nice

Her fondant cakes are beautiful as well

I bought fondant cupcakes for sophie's fullmoon and a chocolate cake as a center piece...Was going to get her to make the birthday cake as well but for this round i didint want an entire fondant cake. So i order from Lilian from bandar utama...Butter icing with fondant figurines

was trying to upload the photos but cant seem to do it in the office.

vanilla.cakesnsuch@gmail.com

Very nice cake there Sharon. I, on the other hand, had grand plans for a cow-theme cake with fondant figurines and etc BUT was too tired out to do anything plus we had guests for a few weekends so I settled for a cheesecake which turned out to be more like ice cream cake. O'well...will probably have to wait till next year to do a cake proper. :|

Sheep.

May I know how much is the cupcakes ah?

if im not mistake it was about RM6.50 each back then....if im not mistaken prices have gone up though.

u can email Adrienne to ask..she is a nice girl

sheep,

thanks!

but i want to ask u all. Dont you think the cake is too sweet?

i make this kind of cake before and not many ppl like it as it's too sweet

but surprisingly some ppl loves it.

sheep,

thanks!

but i want to ask u all. Dont you think the cake is too sweet?

i make this kind of cake before and not many ppl like it as it's too sweet

but surprisingly some ppl loves it.

Hi aishiteru,

Yup its sweet. Cuz when i ate it, i remove the figurines before eating it. The cake is not sweet. Only the fondant is sweet.

sheep,

thanks!!

now my turn of sharing.. hehee

this is the birthday cake I baked for Gabriel.

took me 2 days to completed it.

1 day to bake the cake, and 1 day to deco this cake...

20100411_00007789.jpg

then i make some other smaller cupcakes for Gabriel's little friends as well to take home..

20100411_00007811.jpg

So many beautiful cakes here! I guess we tend to go overboard for our little ones :) Aish, you are soo talented! Beautiful cake!

For Ally's 1st bday, we had Farm theme. Enclosed pictures:

- farm theme bday cake - top tier was moist brown vanilla, bottom tier moist chocolate

- animal cuppies individually packed for guests to take home

- flower stand with lollipops, sugared animal dolls and iced animal cookies for guests to take home

- animal shaped jellies

Cake, cuppies and iced cookies ordered from heavenlysweet.blogspot.com. Flower with lollipops from Wishing Tree. Jelly from - shucks can't remember the name. But the shop is available in quite a few places - The Curve, One Utama...

Alyssa1st_0253.jpgAlyssa1st_0256.jpgAlyssa1st_0622.jpgAlyssa1st_0260.jpgAlyssa1st_0441.jpgAlyssa1st_1047.jpg

Price : Cake RM300, cuppies RM69 for every 16, cookies RM2.20 each and jelly RM10 for every 6

Some Pooh theme fondant cake...

PoohCake1.png

Hi BunnyNwife,

how much is this ar ?

I downloaded the picture from some overseas site.. You may ask the local bakery how much they charged for making a similar cake. It depends on the size of the cake too.