Sign in to follow this  
lori

Is ok to propose without a ring??

I had this conversation with a friend, and she feels that she would prefer a cz at least rather than not having a ring at all. I personally think its ok to propose without one because its the meaning behind the proposal not the ring. Whats your opinion??

there are 4 conditions for propose:

1. rings

2. flowers

3. romantic dinner

4. surprises

haha agreed.

But I think the above mentioned items should be within budget. Don't get a 30,000 dollar ring if u can't afford it.

Proposing without a ring is still meaningful. But why should you propose without a ring?

1. rings

2. flowers

3. romantic dinner

4. surprises

Let's see.. I don't even get a proposal. let alone to have condition for proposal. but am already happily married with a daughter now. lols.. probably bcoz we have been together for too many years. it's more of like a "mutual agreement" that we finally decided to tie the knot... :p

I had this conversation with a friend, and she feels that she would prefer a cz at least rather than not having a ring at all. I personally think its ok to propose without one because its the meaning behind the proposal not the ring. Whats your opinion??

first of all, all this story abt proposing, ring & on the knees is an image created by the west. And still, it is just an image created by the society. Why do we need to adhere to all this? The important thing is the love & sincerity between the couple. The mutual feeling & understanding of settling down is most important. I surely dont want to be proposed with a $100K ring by a guy who doesnt appreciate me. Alright, so my hubby did propose to me with a ring (just simple, not expensive) on his knees, what made it special is the moment that we cherished in planning our life together.

1. rings

3. romantic dinner

4. surprises

i have the above 3 for my proposal. i think if you propose without a ring, you may need to get something else.btw, my friend's bf proposed with tagheuer watch. i think a porposal with something is better than nothing, at least some good ideas or surprises.

depends on individual... u can always sub the ring for something else.

future brother in law actually proposed using a necklace.

some other propose with other things.

no ring is ok... sub w something else lo...

but then again, u dun hv to get an expensive ring, just a simple one will do...

i personally prefer something other than a ring, since i x wear my rings as often as i like, maybe a watch, earrings or an all expense paid trip???hehehehe... since mine was a 'mutual agreement' scenario *smacks own head*, nOThInG lo....

haha, d most important thing is to do things within ur means... v do not hv to conform to the norm:)

My hubby proposed without a ring and still I said yes. It's hard to get a ring without knowing her ring size etc. And sometimes it's even better when she gets to pick the ring herself - at least it's something she'll love and you know it will suit her great. Just make sure if you're going to propose without a ring, at least do something romantic - like take her out to a nice dinner before you pop the question.

Mine happened something like 18 years ago with this:

"Let's get married...."

Only brought her to the shop to buy identical rings to match. :lol:

1. Ring

2. Picnic

3. Surprise

4. Parc du Champ de Mars

No flowers..would be too obvious. had champagne for picnic though. heh heh. caught her by surprise when i went down on one knee.

Without ring should be OK unless you are absolutely 110% sure that she's the not so romantic kind and doesn't mind it. But as with most women...they would love to have the whole 9 yards. Some want it, some don't need it. Find out.

Get her ring size some other method.

But mine case is ... since i already bought her a ring which she known as a propose ring so how? i need to buy another ring to propose again in a romantic dinner ?

u alredi bought and gave her the ring and told her THAT is an engagement ring OR she decided it herself? If she take it as being engaged liao....hard to surprise her anymore. Unless you tell her you wanna make it official by taking her to a romantic dinner....as "pou fan sou".

1. rings

2. flowers

3. romantic dinner

4. surprises

Yep,I think these are necessary,the rings represent "u r mine!" it's a very romantic stuff~~