cookie crisp

Is wedding planner necessary on your wedding day?

Hi cookie, I had a free wedding planner service due to their promotion so I won't know how much it'll cost, but I highly recommend that you either hire a wedding planner for actual day coordination or appoint some friend/relative that is good in organizing to be the actual day coordinator. You don't want to run around here and there to make sure everything's going as planned. There'll be too many more important things for you to do. With their help, you can just be the bride and enjoy the day.

hi wlim, would u know any good wedding planner? i met one wedding planner this morning but i dun feel like she will help me. She seems like want to earn profit more than helping to plan my wedding. Keep asking me to add this and that. Plus up everything, it cost me RM8000. gosh, fainted. :wacko3:

hi giggsannie, i tried to do myself but its very tiring. i have to work on weekdays, sometimes even on weekends. So tiring to plan....

is there a wedding planner which can help me and not so expensive? haha...wonder whether there is such person :wink:

Whenever a couple hires our Band, we give them a very thorough walk through the do's and dont's in a wedding Dinner. No...we dont charge them for that. One of the things you can learn from our experience in well over 500+ weddings to date is to:

- Delegate a guy friend to do all the co-orditination with your Venue's Manager. Get a guy! Not a girl!

DO get a wedding planner if

1. you're the lazy type that don't want spend hours doing research or paperwork that is wedding related

2. you have the budget.

3. You don't have issues with control

4. If you current job is highly stressful with long working hours.

5. You feel that you don't have sufficient time to plan for your wedding

Don't get a wedding planner if

1. you're controlling type like to personalize, design, and decide everything

2. You think you enjoy the process of spending hours during research/paperwork on wedding matters

3. You think your ideas are better than a typical wedding planner

4. You think your experience and background in event management is enough

5. You don't have the budget

Hi Cookie,

our wedding was in Penang so the wedding planner also from Penang wo, but I think their wedding package was about RM5k, it says on our contract that the free service we got was normally at the price of RM4500. And I won't say their service is the best but was ok, bearing in mind it was FREE. But for the planning part, I mostly do all the planning myself, didn't want to miss a thing even tho I live in Perth, and the quotation you get from wedding planner normally is higher than those u contact urself. So what I did is contact the vendor (most of them, except like printing, wine etc) and engage them myself and let them know that on the actual day, they are to coordinate with the wedding planner. And my wedding really went quite smoothly, at one stage my fake eye lashes fall out (before the march in for dinner reception, we had the blessing ceremony before the reception), and as I normally don't put make up, I had nothing to put it back, no glue or other make up stuff to cover it up, the wedding planner fast fast went to buy the glue for me. And other than that small hipcup, everything went really smoothly, the wedding planner coordinate with the hotel & all the vendor well.

I think most wedding planner does offer just the actual day coordination service, if you feel like planning the wedding urself, actually it was stressful but real fun, I recommend to participate as much in the planning stage, you won't regret it, it's your wedding afterall.

Our wedding planner is Touching Hearts Wedding Concept in Penang, I think in another post, some brides recommend a few good wedding planner in KL/PJ area as well.

Hope it helps. :)

I'm agreed that not to hire Wedding planner. Everything search yourself is good, even that is very troublesome, but i believe on your AD u'll feel satisfied, rather than hire WP, in the end can't get the result as what you need. :cheers:

I agree not to hire WP for planning stage but strongly believe we need WP or someone else to do the actual day coordination. You don't want to stress yourself over thousands of minor things when you can just be the bride and enjoy the day! :)

And if we just get the actual day service, it won't be that expensive right? surely not thousandS?

hi wlim, would u know any good wedding planner? i met one wedding planner this morning but i dun feel like she will help me. She seems like want to earn profit more than helping to plan my wedding. Keep asking me to add this and that. Plus up everything, it cost me RM8000. gosh, fainted. :wacko3:

hi giggsannie, i tried to do myself but its very tiring. i have to work on weekdays, sometimes even on weekends. So tiring to plan....

is there a wedding planner which can help me and not so expensive? haha...wonder whether there is such person :wink:

HI there..

haha..KL WP charges are around 6k to 8k..its normal :)

one of my close friend just got married recently, at first she wanted to do it herself too, but she is like you lerr, quite tied up with work, after 2 months of trying, she gave up..lol...then she got someone to help her out..hmm, i think she is a part time wedding planner, if i am not mistaken, charges below RM3k..

but instead of hiring wedding planner, why not get a friend or family members to help you out? i mean u can get them involved in the beginning stage so that they understand what you need and all, and most importantly you can trust them...at the end of the day, give them an "ang pao"...

A wedding planner is more like a luxury for me. Say for example in a small company, where you have only 5 staff. Where 3 of them are partners and there are only 2 more workers...and the money you have is only enough to sustain the business for the meantime. Would you hire a PA for the partner to co-ordinate the office for you, book airline tickets, write down and tell you when you have a meeting and so on?

The answer can be yes...AND no. So it depends on individual. Me....I won't. Already fee ngam ngam liow. Then I purposely hire someone just to book flight ticket la, write down appts for me la, answer call for me la. I'll just get my clerk or accounts or store keeper whoever who is free to do it for me. :)

In conclusion, it depends on your budget. If you have the budget and want less work in finding, planning, moving around, calling, jotting down then hire a wedding planner. Of course to a certain degree, some of them can get you better deals at some hotels, photogs, etc. If your wedding is going to be like really HUGE, then perhaps. If you're going to have like 20 tables for dinner...simple chinese ceremony or so, I think you can do it yourself. What's the fun if you don't get to do it yourself anyways?

But then, if got budget wan.....go for it! It's a luxury!

HAHA, i like the way you describe this! so relevant and true!

and yes, all this can be planned yourself, involved someone close to you from the beginning so that she/he can help you out later :)

most importantly, know what you want and plan early