Wan Yee

Air-cond

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy air-cond for my apt soon. Am just wondering if you have any suggestions / recommendations / feedback that you can share with me on what is good and what's not..

Am planning to buy 1 unit of 1hp and another of 2hp. My apt size is about 960sq ft. Am more concerned the one for the living room / dining. 2hp should be quite sufficient I think, do you? For the 2hp, am considering getting York.

Thanks...

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy air-cond for my apt soon. Am just wondering if you have any suggestions / recommendations / feedback that you can share with me on what is good and what's not..

Am planning to buy 1 unit of 1hp and another of 2hp. My apt size is about 960sq ft. Am more concerned the one for the living room / dining. 2hp should be quite sufficient I think, do you? For the 2hp, am considering getting York.

Thanks...

Maybe you can consider DAikin or Panasonic Envio, coz got inverter.

Hi s_y, cutiepiggie & mhyap1,

Thanks for your suggestion / recommendation. Err... I got 1 question. what is a inverter? sorry for my stupid question.. hehehe...

Thanks for your suggestion / recommendation. Err... I got 1 question. what is a inverter? sorry for my stupid question.. hehehe...

not sure whether am right or not. inverter is said to be able to reduce the electricity usage, hence can save you some $$ on the bills.

Oh... thanks mhyap1.. if can save electricity and bills $$, I don't mind having and inverter.. hehehe..

Oh yah, have anyone heard / use Fuijiaire brand yet? heard it's pretty good and a lot of houses in USJ uses it.. Is it true? Have not really gone to see it yet..

Wan Yee,

Yes true that the Panasonic Inverter can save the electricity..and $$$ for the bills, but some said that when it comes to servicing is will cost at least RM400+ ,which is more expensive than those normal ones...better double check on this too...coz maintenance always counts when it comes to long term right?

Cheers,

bebepooh

thanks bebpooh... Will check it out... you're right.. specially when comes to maintenance.. the initial purchase cost can be cheap, but if long term expensive also no point.. Thanks lots..

wow ljamie.. I didn't it'll result in higher electricity bill if not use properly.. Hmm.. now that you all have informed and advice me about the inverters, though it sounds good, but at the same time, it's quite scarry too... Probably I'll just stick back with the normal model then... Thanks all for your advice and suggestion... If there's anymore, please do share.. hehe..

v just bot 5 units of LG air-cond new model; for our new condo recently. In terms of design & features i find it very good..

v just bot 5 units of LG air-cond new model; for our new condo recently. In terms of design & features i find it very good..

Hi eYore, which model of LG and what is the price per unit? :)

Does anyone have any feedback on Fujitsu air-cond? Anybody use those floor (those tower like type) standing type of air-cond before?

i just bought 3 airconditions for my condo (OPAL Damansara) 2x 1 horse power + 1x 2 horse power. if you're using it for your own get York or Hitachi (more budget la) York is a reliable brand ler :)

how about fujiaire? it's quite cheap rm880 for 1hp with inverter if i'm not wrong.

Fujiare - i think its M'sia brand assembled in taiwan if i'm not mistaken. Its probably an OK brand too if you have a budget. what i do know is that York maybe RM20-50 more but we're talking about realiability here so its kinda like pay a little more on the initial but less problem faced in future.

how about fujiaire? it's quite cheap rm880 for 1hp with inverter if i'm not wrong.

Fujiare - i think its M'sia brand assembled in taiwan if i'm not mistaken. Its probably an OK brand too if you have a budget. what i do know is that York maybe RM20-50 more but we're talking about realiability here so its kinda like pay a little more on the initial but less problem faced in future.

Yes, york is better but heard tat it's quite noisy. And also i'm looking for air cond with invertor ( to save electricity), do u think york has invertor model too? If yes how much is it?

Ya, that's what most sales ppl tell me about York.. It's quite noisy... If using for office, is ok, but if for home, maybe too noisy they say... But to me, I don't really mind noisy noisy as long as it's reliable and good... I think what they meant by noisy is that the wind the it blows out is quite strong thus creating the noisy air sound, unlike some air-cond which is quiet... But if they mean the motor or othr thing is noisy, then I think I also don't really want lorr.. If not, later my place sounds like a generator... hehehe..

Fujiaire is a local brand... I've not personally use it before, but some says it's quite ok... Compared to other "unknown" brands like Haier and etc...

Chris, which brand did you buy for your condo and how much was it? I asked from a shop that day and they told me they are selling the York 2hp for RM2,180 and 2.5hp for RM2,650. As for Fujitsu, it's RM2,280 (2hp) and RM2,780 for 2.5hp. This is including installation... Is it expensive?

I believe many of you here are right about the inverter technology. I once was moved by the electricity bill gimmick advertised by the Panasonic inverter technology -- but after consulting many aircond experts, all of them claim that it is not only expensive to install, but also there are few other factors to consider -- (1) the piping system is different in the inverter aircond units, hence if next time u want to change to other conventional aircond with the same HP, it is not possible. (2) the running maintenance cost is high, the gas refill will cost u 300-400 bucks each time becoz they claim they are using some special gas for the aircond. (3) u get the same cold effect as any other conventional aircond units. It wont be any colder using inverter unit. (4) the electricity bill might be cheaper if used correctly and installed according to proper way. Otherwise it might stand a risk of costing more!

I agree with spinosum. That's what advice I got from a contractor friend of mine. So, he had advice us to get Daikin instead as this brand had the invertor technology also. Me planning to get Daikin aircond for my house.

inverter is alot more energy saving in the sense that they do not have high starting amps. ordinary motors has start up amp up to 7 times of their ratings. once u on the inverter a/c, they will run 100% to get ur roon cool down to the desire temperature, after that they 'll slow the motor down (not totally stop) to maintain the room temperature.... this to avoid the motor start and stop, which causes the electricity bill high up...

no doubts, daikin inverter is still the best in the market, in terms of their technology, but that;s come with price. panasonic has more market exposure in msia and their price is competitive...

i'm not really agree...

1. inveter indeed is more expensive...

2. the piping system is different??? as far as i concern, the piping is determine by the a/c hp. eg. there should be no problem if u are currently using 2hp a/c and future replace another 2hp a/c or smaller capacity. the only different of using daikin a/c is the main power supply cable need to pull to outdoor instead of indoor.

3. how the running & maintenance cost higher? as far i know, most of the a/c compressor still using the r22 gas for both inverter and non inverter compressor. so how come using inverter the gas is more expensive????

4. yes, u get the same cooler, but inveter will acheive that much faster and there is no motor start stop after that like non-inverter motor, so that's save ur energy.

I believe many of you here are right about the inverter technology. I once was moved by the electricity bill gimmick advertised by the Panasonic inverter technology -- but after consulting many aircond experts, all of them claim that it is not only expensive to install, but also there are few other factors to consider -- (1) the piping system is different in the inverter aircond units, hence if next time u want to change to other conventional aircond with the same HP, it is not possible. (2) the running maintenance cost is high, the gas refill will cost u 300-400 bucks each time becoz they claim they are using some special gas for the aircond. (3) u get the same cold effect as any other conventional aircond units. It wont be any colder using inverter unit. (4) the electricity bill might be cheaper if used correctly and installed according to proper way. Otherwise it might stand a risk of costing more!