amyliq

Hotels in Penang

Sweetgirl,

I had went my fren wedding dinner at cititel hotel..wow! the environment there is very nice...food delicious..i eat until cant stop..

all the thing is very good!.

Any idea on Cititel Hotel? I hv engaged them for my Dec wedding. Any comment on their service, deco, food, food presentation? Thanks

My friend works at hydro majestic hotel, she's a sales rep.... if you're interested in that hotel, i can give you her contact and u can contact her to understand more yourself.

We've been there many times, I liked that environment pretty much, the chandeliers are amazing.... and also you can view the pool from inside the ballroom....

Hi, I am new here, and hope someone can help a little. I'm looking for a venue for 10-13 tables in Penang hotel, and it is for this March. Very last minute I know, sigh hope we can still find something. We are looking for decent food, and would be great if hotel is nice. Budget say $800?

Am looking at G-hotel since it is new, but I wonder if they take so few tables. Does anyone know if Traders can take a small banquet too?

Would appreciate if anyone can share their views, thanks!

Hi, I am new here, and hope someone can help a little. I'm looking for a venue for 10-13 tables in Penang hotel, and it is for this March. Very last minute I know, sigh hope we can still find something. We are looking for decent food, and would be great if hotel is nice. Budget say $800?

Am looking at G-hotel since it is new, but I wonder if they take so few tables. Does anyone know if Traders can take a small banquet too?

Hi blueribbons, usually some hotels might charge a surcharge for using their ballroom if you don't meet their criteria of min 20-25 tables or request you to take a higher priced package, as in if their cheapest table is RM700++, you might have to take the next one up if you don't have that many tables.

G Hotel is so funky & stylish, I love that a lot.

You might also consider Park Royal, my friend had her wedding there and it was fantastic.

Usually March isn't considered peak season (I think) so you might be able to get it. Just call to speak to the wedding planner to discuss your options.

Hi blueribbons,

Wow, how last minute your wedding really is. Actually March is quite a peak season as I can see from my function timetable here. Especially 7&8, 15&16, 20&21 Mar 09.

For G hotel, they have a smaller function room behind the grand ballroom, which can cater until 13 tables. The room is small, but it looked fascinating after some decorations too. Too bad I didn't take down some photos.... :sad:

Traders also have several small function rooms, they have a chinese restaurant too (CHA).

What I can say is, for RM800 as a budget, you can go to some 5-stars hotels already.

My friend works at hydro majestic hotel, she's a sales rep.... if you're interested in that hotel, i can give you her contact and u can contact her to understand more yourself.

We've been there many times, I liked that environment pretty much, the chandeliers are amazing.... and also you can view the pool from inside the ballroom....

Hi Starzband,

I would like to get more detail about the Hydro Majestic Hotel package.

Can you provide me the contact?

Thanks.

Have more questions here about weddings in Penang, hope someone can help.

-Do hotels usually give the invitation cards? Do we print them ourselves?

-Are wedding favours (cake or chocolates etc) usually included in the package?

-Lastly, is there usually a cocktail session before the dinner banquet itself?

I've actually never been to a wedding in Penang before and would like to know how its like. It is a real headache to plan it from overseas, and in a short time (still looking at March). Thank you!

I've actually never been to a wedding in Penang before and would like to know how its like. It is a real headache to plan it from overseas, and in a short time (still looking at March). Thank you!

Hi blueribbons,

For my wedding in Evergreen, the hotel included everything you mentioned, the card, the cake and the cocktail in my package. I think many hotels include those in packages too, unless you don't want it. Can always negotiate lah.

All of these depend on your hotel, which package you sign up for & your negotiation skills with the wedding planner

My package didn't include a projector but I sweet talked the wedding planner into lending us it FOC :lol:

I didn't use the hotel's invitation cards because HB & I wanted our own but check with your wedding planner.

Some of the packages that I looked through at other hotels included a simple slice of butter cake as a wedding favour for guests but mine didn't.

Cocktail session before dinner is up to your preference. Most of my friend's weddings (same age as me) at hotels, they had a short cocktail session for guests to mingle around, chat, take photos before being seated in the ballroom. Again, depending on your package, the hotel can have a cocktail session for you with simple drinks like orange cordial but bear in mind, as alcohol is expensive here, some guests might start alcohol consumption during the cocktail session & if you're on a strict budget, you might want to watch out for this.

Don't worry about planning from overseas, with the Internet & e-mail, everything's more connected nowadays :smile:

This forum's a fantastic place for planning resources.

Plus if you don't have a wedding planner but have an actual day photographer, you'll be amazed at what a wealth of knowledge they can be from recommending you makeup artists to finding you bands!

All of these depend on your hotel, which package you sign up for & your negotiation skills with the wedding planner

My package didn't include a projector but I sweet talked the wedding planner into lending us it FOC :lol:

I didn't use the hotel's invitation cards because HB & I wanted our own but check with your wedding planner.

Some of the packages that I looked through at other hotels included a simple slice of butter cake as a wedding favour for guests but mine didn't.

Cocktail session before dinner is up to your preference. Most of my friend's weddings (same age as me) at hotels, they had a short cocktail session for guests to mingle around, chat, take photos before being seated in the ballroom. Again, depending on your package, the hotel can have a cocktail session for you with simple drinks like orange cordial but bear in mind, as alcohol is expensive here, some guests might start alcohol consumption during the cocktail session & if you're on a strict budget, you might want to watch out for this.

Don't worry about planning from overseas, with the Internet & e-mail, everything's more connected nowadays :smile:

This forum's a fantastic place for planning resources.

Plus if you don't have a wedding planner but have an actual day photographer, you'll be amazed at what a wealth of knowledge they can be from recommending you makeup artists to finding you bands!

Hi! I need u guys advise me on E & O hotel. I'm plan to hav my wedding there. Basically what should I request for free or nego for something... I have to pay alot $$ on this hotel and I need to get something that value for it.... hope u guys can give me some TIPS.. hehe. tq

E&O is one of the most expensive hotel for weddings. You really know how to pick ya?! :lol: From my past-clients' experience, they said that the hotel does not allow us to negotiate much, and if you ask for something, they'll charge you really expensive. However, I still believe that it's worth a try to negotiate for everything lah, nothing to lose. Some can get free projector or free corkage.

Hi bgw, for E&O if I remember correctly, they require you to take at least 30 tables for the cheapest package, If you don't meet the number, they might ask you to take the more expensive package. They usually offer you a set number of things in the quotation so you can ask nicely with your wedding planner if you don't want A, can you change to B, etc.

Things that you can try your luck with are number of VIP parking allowed, projector usage, etc - depends on how flexible your wedding planner is. Remember to get everything that you negotiate down in writing so in case they case wedding planners, you have a copy of what the previous person promised you.

I can say that their service is really good & you're really paying for the service.

hello yumiko, i'm still catching up with the message threads. new here :) did u mentioned u had your wedding at Sandy Bay @ Penang. mind to send me your photo link too. havent been there, i'm planning for wedding in jan 2010. thanks heaps. :lol:

hello yumiko, i'm still catching up with the message threads. new here :) did u mentioned u had your wedding at Sandy Bay @ Penang. mind to send me your photo link too. havent been there, i'm planning for wedding in jan 2010. thanks heaps. :lol:

yes... would appreciated if you can send me the link to .. my wedding is in aug, I still haven't found any hotel / restaurant yet. any suggestion ?

^^

Hi blueribbons, usually some hotels might charge a surcharge for using their ballroom if you don't meet their criteria of min 20-25 tables or request you to take a higher priced package, as in if their cheapest table is RM700++, you might have to take the next one up if you don't have that many tables.

G Hotel is so funky & stylish, I love that a lot.

You might also consider Park Royal, my friend had her wedding there and it was fantastic.

Usually March isn't considered peak season (I think) so you might be able to get it. Just call to speak to the wedding planner to discuss your options.

hi i am new here. any comments on park royal wedding reception and dinner? thanks

Anyone heard about Sandy Beach? FH and I just paid deposit to the hotel yesterday. He sort of really like Sandy Beach, I dunno why. But I'll really appreciate if someone would give some comments on this hotel/resort. Thanks