meiteoh

Thinking of having a 2nd one but...

sometimes will get accidental milk sprays in my hair...but dun bother to wash oredi, just treat as leave-in hair conditioner....

bwahahahahaha. now that's something new.

yea, eating is an understatement.

i can wallop 3.5 big plates of "mountain" rice and half a chicken and 2 big bowls of soup, all under 10 minutes. sometimes when we are out in kopitiam, and i have tonnes of chores awaiting for me at home, i get really cranky when i see my other half savouring every single strand of his fish head noodles. every single strand. that's when i tell him off, time is a luxury that i dont have for the next 12 months. please eat like a man.

tinkerbelle,

hahaha .. yeah! I like it when you said, 'please eat like a man' =D

luckily my HB really eat like a man, sometime he can finish his rice within a min or 2 =D then I was like O.o wow!!! I told him to enjoy himself as I had mine but he still boi hu boi hu finish his meal and release me frm my monster, so that I can bath and pumping later.

i have seen some grandparents spoilt the grandchild and then when the child grow older

like age 4-5 that time... the grandparent will blame the parents itself for not discipline

their own kids.

correction: usually the inlaw's from the husband side will be the one pointing the fingers

AT THE MOTHER.

why is it always like that???

hi,

sorry to jump back to bb gender again.

there is one saying about next bb gender by judging how ur hair turn - i m not sure how to call that, most of us have this center of head where the hair start growing turning around it, some is clockwise, some anticlockwise. the saying says if ur bb is clockwise, next one is boy, is counterclockwise, next is girl.

i did simulation for my own siblings, it works!!

i have 1 boy, my boy's turning is still clockwise..... i hope to get a girl next one.... :)

aiyaaa my baby's is turning clockwise.. i still hope i can get a girl next

i have seen some grandparents spoilt the grandchild and then when the child grow older

like age 4-5 that time... the grandparent will blame the parents itself for not discipline

their own kids.

correction: usually the inlaw's from the husband side will be the one pointing the fingers

AT THE MOTHER.

Totally agree on this

QUOTE (qarezma @ Oct 15 2010, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE (tinkerbelle @ Oct 14 2010, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE (aishiteru @ Oct 14 2010, 02:49 PM) *

their own kids.

AT THE MOTHER.

how true is the clockwise and anticlockwise thingy? like those trad myth frm ancient times.. once ppl got a gal, they want a boy and vice versa. i've heard frm my colleague the other day that his neighbor who got 2 gals at the 1st time..was planing for a boy, but end up having triplet girls..and his hb dump her for another woman..just to get a boy. oh my..

sometimes will get accidental milk sprays in my hair...but dun bother to wash oredi, just treat as leave-in hair conditioner....

bwahahahahaha. now that's something new.

yea, eating is an understatement.

i can wallop 3.5 big plates of "mountain" rice and half a chicken and 2 big bowls of soup, all under 10 minutes. sometimes when we are out in kopitiam, and i have tonnes of chores awaiting for me at home, i get really cranky when i see my other half savouring every single strand of his fish head noodles. every single strand. that's when i tell him off, time is a luxury that i dont have for the next 12 months. please eat like a man.

Wow! everything under 10 mins??? hahaha then u can join the eating contest lor :P BTW, anyone notice... only mother will sacrifice everything for our babies but what about the father? At most just help out.

purplelotus,

Wow, your hair must be very soft XD

Erm, we are waaaaaaay off the topic already XD

i dont mind, this is quite effective for us to lepas geram, pretty therapeutic... second to shopping

Helping hand from husband is very important coz can let me felt his concern on how stress of me for all the work I need to complete... but sumtime my husband just dont understand it then turn to a war sumtime & he can still complaint me I am moody summore :sauer2: made him so stress :dash2::dash2::dash2:

I am so envy those mummies's husband who willing to help up... my husband until todate (Bernice is 2mth 2 weeks oredy) he never never bancuh susu, never feed her, never change diaper for the little one so dont mentiond task like washing bottle, sterlizing or laundry for my girl.... :girl_devil:

The things he always do is just carry her & talk to her while she is good mood but when she cranky he will just pass back to me or my mum & once he handover he will go for newspaper or internet surfing :sauer2:

I wonder when he will realise how stress am i & willing to help autmatically...

hehe dont tension.. this is initial phase, better u use this to encourage him to help. After all, if he dont spend quality time with baby, can the baby be close with him or not? make him understand.. at least minimum stuff he should help

otherwise, majority of husbands dont seem to understand how difficult the wife's life is

yeah, agreed! especially when babies reach the phase when they can recognise faces. There was a period my HB didn't spend a lot of time with our daughter coz of work. After a few days, when he carried her to play, she cried! heheh, after that my HB made sure she spends some time with her everyday.

But yeah, it is good to tell your HB there is a lot of work involved, and he should help out as it is also part of his responsibility to raise the child.

Sometime I will complain complain especially the night care and night feed but other than that is okie, like right now, I'm surfing while he is handling the cranky violet =D well, she just need ppl to carry so once he carried her then is okie, so now both daddy and Violet is watching astro =D

i was so messed up this morning..

i forgot to put the nutella spread on my bread this morning... now all i hv to eat is 2 plain gardenia breads

Thought to update this thread.

Sad to say, due to the recent fiasco with my parents, I have decided to hold onto having a 2nd one until we are out of SG. Hai.

I always wanted a rabbit bb as well but my career wasn't in smooth way, so I end up resigning 2-3 months back and now still under probation in a new company, now I got another offer of 5 days job at another company which I have already agreed to it, so which mean I have to hold my plan again till mid year of 2011. By then, it will be dragon baby instead of rabbit though not much different but I really feel that I am aging. Recently, I easily get tired and my stamina is really draining down, therefore I really hope I can start TTC soon but unfortunately plans are not always going with the flow, so I need to hold my TTC plan till my career settled down or at least I already confirmed at the new company.

wow this is such a hot topic. Now I know all mummies get these from their parents, in laws and kepochi around. i really hate it when strangers/ distant frens or other people ask 'when are you having 2nd?', i feel like blasting them with 'U TAKE CARE AH???!!!'. It's my mil and sil that keep asking me these. i hardly ever see them when i go back hometown, but whenever I see them, they will somehow find their ways to bring that issue up. Most recently I was in good mood and suggested to hb that we should go visit mil, and again she found her way to raise the issue, the conversation like below:-

me: do you want the chair? i can bring it back for u, good for u, can take nap on it, very comfortable

mil: don't want la..no space

me: the chair still very new, we bought during confinement(MY BIGGEST MISTAKE TO MENTION THIS), after that didn't use

mil: then u use it again during next confinement

me: (TRYING TO LAUGH IT OFF IRONICALLY) oh...won't have next baby lo

mil: why not? 1 alone very lonely one...

me: me also no sibling, no problem at all, not lonely

mil: u different mah

me: what is different?

mil: he's my son, need to have next generation. his elder brother also don't have (OH...NOW FINALLY SHE SAY IT OUT DIRECTLY!!!!!)

me: OH....THEN NOTHING I CAN HELP....

typical conversations each time she bring up the issue. It really irks me a lot when mil or sil bring up the issue, really really hate it. That's why i dread myself to meet them up. if not meet, also sil will call me up ask me want this and that old clothes of her 3 kids or not, and my 1st response will be, 'i don't want, no more next kid!', and she will say bla bla bla, aiya just take and keep it first la..maybe u will have next, u never know, bla bla bla...Yes, my bil got no kids, even after many years married now and his wife already aged 38 this year, not much hope already, that's why my mil's hope all on me, and she's already 71yrs old this year, but sorry, i won't have next just because you want your next generation before u go?

my reasons for not wanting the next:-

1. it took me ages to shed off the weight i gained during pregnancy, i gained a total of 19kg!!! whopping lots!

2. as most of you have heard me rant always, my hb is always not at home, working 7days a week, and coming home 11-1am, if have 2nd how to take care both at the same time???

3. now that she's finally 2yrs old and we can go shopping quite easily except that she got her own agenda and departments of the shopping centres that she wants to go, eg. the escalator, lift, play area, etc, but at least i can go shop and buy my groceries and household needs, with a newborn how to ever go ??

4. my view, 1x kid = 1x headache, 2x or more = xxxxx headache...why should i take on all these?

sorry la...i don't care about what next generation thingy....i fully agree with what aishiteru wrote that 1 filial child is enough, if not filial, born 10x children also no use...

my hb is always not at home, working 7days a week, and coming home 11-1am, if have 2nd how to take care both at the same time???

Oh I can totally relate to this. Every time I think of having 2nd child, I think of my husband and then I get a massive headache.

To be fair, let me clarify, he is not a bad guy, he is an OK husband when we were without kids. But it takes two to be parents. Now when we have a baby, he still cannot adapt his lifestyle to be a responsible and helpful husband/father.

He works late everyday, doesn't help with household chores except for 1 month once of sweeping and mopping floor. While I wake up early everyday to cook baby's porridge, cleans kettles, boils water, handwash baby's laundry, do our laundry, cleans baby's toys, then only I bath and get ready for work....he sleeps till it's just enough time to bath and goes to work. I already let him off the hook at night because he works late. But I would appreciate some initiative help in the mornings.

When I ask him to spend some quality time with our baby, he just sits infront of her and plays psp or watches tv. Even when our baby calls out to him, he'll just smile and reply for a while. Now he's jealous that baby does not like him. :dash2:

So much stuffs which I can ramble on about this, but I'm beginning to hate listening to myself nag.....

We always argue on the mention of 2nd kid, because I told him off. If he doesn't buck up I will not have a 2nd one. Then he gets mad.

I have learnt to shutup and not argue with him because he ALWAYS have excuses. I can never get my point of view to him no matter how I try to talk to him politely.

SIGH........won't think of future for now. Am just focusing 100% on my gal now. =)

On a side note, he is SLOWLY bucking up. I have confiscated his psp. We'll see how his future progress is. Muahahahahhaa

when the above incidence happened, my hb was around, in the living room, with my bb. he should have listened to all of my mil and my conversation but he was fully quiet, din't say anything at all. but upon returning to mum's hse, again i kept having mil's words on my ears and it really annoyed me again. i even cried and said that he didn't understand me and help me. he said he didn't ask me to give birth to 2nd. i said 'but you never said anything when your mum always say all these?', etc etc....this dragged even till ml session, and almost ml, i asked if he wants me to give birth 2nd and he immediately lost interest in ml for that session itself. you see how big impact is mil's words and continuous nagging and asking????i feel it's so super irritating

margarita90,

It is very difficult not to be influenced by in-law's words.

But having kids is between you and your husband. Try not to bother about what others have to say, and sort it out between your husband and yourself.

My mil also say many things infront of us, sometimes my husband replies back, but I told him not to in future.

Elderly have the rights to voice out their opinions, but we also have the rights to follow it or not. We just listen lor.

Easy said then done. But works for me so far.

Me and hubby have agreed on having 2 children before we were married. I prefer a one or two year gap. Recently I mentioned to hubby, "How bout 2nd one?". He said "One is enough." When I ask him why as we had agreed on two before we were married, he said "Very tired la..." :wacko3:

I was like "HUH?" I'm the one getting pregnant, backaches, swollen feet, sleepless nights, morning sickness, and the whole lot of stuff...and after deliver baby, everyday less than 6hours sleep, pump milk, wash pump parts, wash milk bottles, do housework, laundry, work 8am-5pm, teach yoga after work, and recently do marketing and cook for baby....I really wonder if he feels tired, what am I feeling??? After all, I'm also human, not a super-being.

I'm still toying with the 2nd child idea if I can get hubby to agree to it...

Me and hubby have agreed on having 2 children before we were married. I prefer a one or two year gap. Recently I mentioned to hubby, "How bout 2nd one?". He said "One is enough." When I ask him why as we had agreed on two before we were married, he said "Very tired la..." :wacko3:

I was like "HUH?" I'm the one getting pregnant, backaches, swollen feet, sleepless nights, morning sickness, and the whole lot of stuff...and after deliver baby, everyday less than 6hours sleep, pump milk, wash pump parts, wash milk bottles, do housework, laundry, work 8am-5pm, teach yoga after work, and recently do marketing and cook for baby....I really wonder if he feels tired, what am I feeling??? After all, I'm also human, not a super-being.

I'm still toying with the 2nd child idea if I can get hubby to agree to it...

hehe sometimes my hubby reacts the same way, and my reaction is just like yours.. LOL

anyways we still want to have another one, maybe TTC after my kid reaches 1 yo

MILs are really..one word-desperado. In olden days, some are worst till they ask their son to married or get another woman for getting a child just like my aunt's mil. My aunt is unable to conceive,therefore her MIL ask his son to get another woman to stay together for the purpose to have a kid. Luckily it never happened.