meiteoh

Thinking of having a 2nd one but...

Zero, it will be worse when the 2 nd kid arrives! My daughter nowadays is super clingy and throws tantrums which she rarely did before. She will refuse to et her meals unless I feed her. And it's taking longer to put her to sleep. Try to spend as much time as you can with her. Whenever me or hubby do that, she is more her old self. But it is tough in the early weeks when we are tired from coping with new baby, breastfeeding and recovering from delivery.

wong111, I read Gina Ford's The Contented Little Baby.

I'm in my 6th mth now n i'm feeling the exhaustion of pregnancy...but, it's my older kid that I'm worried about.

She's being very clingy (too clingy) mommy all the time - and she wants to be carried.

she's also being very mischievous, dunno due to turning 2 or because she just wants attention.

I dunno what to make her feel better or calm her down.

she runs around, touching everything, pulling stuffs, opening drawers, climbs on the table or grill..

I'm tired or running after her and also scolding her..

I dunno what to do..sigh.. wht's going to happen when the 2nd kid arrives? :(

i'm on week 17 now, and my girl goin to turn 2 years old this friday... she became more manja than before, always looking for me... but luckily din bring much trouble for me so far... i'm not sure whether my way correct or not, but since the day i know i'm pregnant, i told her baby inside tummy, when baby born will play with you and sometimes baby always cry, then u must help mommy to take care ok? she always tell me ok, she will help to clean baby, help to bath baby etc. and i gave her more cuddle than before, always 'sayang' her and tell her mommy loves u so much, u are always my princess....

actually what i'm trying to do is to let her know i will still love her as much... sometimes she accidentally kick on my tummy, she will said baby inside, cannot make mommy pain, then she will says sorry... 2nd thing is i need her to know she is now older, very independence and not only can take care self, also can take care baby and mommy... so she will be happy and proud of herself...

i think not good to scold, as she will think because of the baby mommy always scold me now... anyway just my opinion

is it true bb wil change cos mummy got 2nd 1 or they start hv thier own character more obvious when they going turn to 2yo?cos my gal now is more naughty n stubborn like wat zeroflower said,they r more active n keep running here n there,open drawer, took out all the things,sometime she wil purposely made something to get ur attention/angry,when u scold her,she smile to u n ran away.

Zero, it will be worse when the 2 nd kid arrives! My daughter nowadays is super clingy and throws tantrums which she rarely did before. She will refuse to et her meals unless I feed her. And it's taking longer to put her to sleep. Try to spend as much time as you can with her. Whenever me or hubby do that, she is more her old self. But it is tough in the early weeks when we are tired from coping with new baby, breastfeeding and recovering from delivery.

I totally agree wif Ally'sMom. My 2nd child arrived last week and we are tired with the new baby. We kept on explain to my son that he have to sayang his didi, but my son who is 21mths old did not know much about what is didi, he tends to use his hand to cucuk (actually he wants to sayang) his little bro's mouth and nose. :dash2: We have to always keep alert on him and he got scold from us. I feel bad for him as he got our 100% attention last time and now only divided to 50% or less :sad:

I totally agree wif Ally'sMom. My 2nd child arrived last week and we are tired with the new baby. We kept on explain to my son that he have to sayang his didi, but my son who is 21mths old did not know much about what is didi, he tends to use his hand to cucuk (actually he wants to sayang) his little bro's mouth and nose. :dash2: We have to always keep alert on him and he got scold from us. I feel bad for him as he got our 100% attention last time and now only divided to 50% or less :sad:

i am also kinda torn for the similar situation to come in 5 months time. For now ive been letting him sayang and kiss my tummy (but u know the worst part, my son's way of kiss is biting people... he bites my tummy at times). He is just 14 months and pretty much young to understand much here.

So far if hubby and i hug, get cozy or kiss, he really gets excited, smiles widely and starts running towards us happily.. i hope he shows the same happiness when we sayang the new one later

My case is abit diff frm yours,,when i pretend to hug wif my hb, my gal got jealous and she will cry ..haha

i am also kinda torn for the similar situation to come in 5 months time. For now ive been letting him sayang and kiss my tummy (but u know the worst part, my son's way of kiss is biting people... he bites my tummy at times). He is just 14 months and pretty much young to understand much here.

So far if hubby and i hug, get cozy or kiss, he really gets excited, smiles widely and starts running towards us happily.. i hope he shows the same happiness when we sayang the new one later

Just found out that I'm pregnant with No.2. Feeling kinda of worried as well. Their age gap will be around 20months when No.2 comes. At least, my boy will have a sibling to play with. But definitely no more No.3 for me.

Just found out that I'm pregnant with No.2. Feeling kinda of worried as well. Their age gap will be around 20months when No.2 comes. At least, my boy will have a sibling to play with. But definitely no more No.3 for me.

congrats! yeah mine too would be just about 18 months difference

Rabbit, your elder and younger sons ages are so close to mine! Let me know how your older son copes later on yeah... I'm curious. For the first week, my daughter was ok, she was so excited with new Mei Mei and wants to see her and saying her all the time. But in the 2nd week, she started throwing tantrums and misbehaving. Trying my hardest to spend more time with her...hv to sacrifice some of my naptimes for her.

Purple: Congrats! :) Welcome to the club! hehe.

My daughter n 2nd baby's age diff shld be abt 2yrs 3mths, if i deliver according to my edd.

Thanks Ally. i've already been losing so much of sleep, due to the pregnancy n as well as my daughter. She needs to be carried to sleep for the past 2 weeks. This never happened in the past. In fact, even when I weaned her 3 mths back, it was easier. Nowadays, even is she has fallen asleep, she'll wake up 2-3 times, looking for me, crying n saying mommy carry, mommy carry.

She seems rather insecure n she wasnt like this before :(

Pal, thanks for yr suggestion. I also tell my girl abt baby n tell her she'll be che che and she'll have to help me take care of baby. Most of the time she'll say yes and nod her head. She also kisses my tummy, touch it etc. But i guess she cant help being clingy n wanting my attention.

Rabbit, one thing is toddlers usually cant help being rough with babies. They cant help themselves n they're very curious so they like to touch the eyes especially. My daughter too like to poke babies eyes n mouth. Just have to watch them all the time.

My girl will also be very excited when hb n i hug/kiss n then she'll run to join us. Who can resist a group huh? hehe.

Moms..., congrats to your 2nd pregnancy. :D

No worries about your 1st baby after the 2nd is born. As long as you still let your 1st knows that you still love him/her, he/she will be able to handle it well.

And moms, once baby is born, it will be hard, however, bear in mind that all will get better and easier to handle.

Happy pregnancy yeah! How I miss mine. :)

So you have ironed out your issue with your parents? Sorry yeah, i didn't read thru all the pages. Just your first post.

I think your hb needs to stand up and told your parents firmly, that it's his culture to care for your own children (use ur dad's tactic back at him). ;)

Rabbit, your elder and younger sons ages are so close to mine! Let me know how your older son copes later on yeah... I'm curious. For the first week, my daughter was ok, she was so excited with new Mei Mei and wants to see her and saying her all the time. But in the 2nd week, she started throwing tantrums and misbehaving. Trying my hardest to spend more time with her...hv to sacrifice some of my naptimes for her.

Ally's Mom, my elder son is coping quite well already. He knows how to sayang his didi softly already and but still needs to keep an eye on him. When his didi cries, he just stood at one side and sometimes he did not bother at all :dash2: Lately i aso feel that he likes to throw tantrums and misbehave, mayb they trying to get our attention. I feel really bad for him sometimes and tried my best to spent my time with him...

Escudo, not yet but I sure ain't hell going to stop living my life because of them. Don't think it'll ever be settled (my mum asked again whether we're working on No 2 - haiz) so my HB is trying to head back to France. Admittedly, it's not just because of my parents but more for Eva as well in terms of her education and for the welfare of the entire family should No 2 show up.

Sigh, my nanny told me yesterday she is quitting due to family matters. The timing can't be worse coz my older girl is adjusting to so many changes and now she's losing the one constant thing that has not changed since the new baby arrives. I asked my nanny why she didn't tell is sooner..she said she didn't feel right to quit when I was pregnant. So she waited till after I've given birth. Like Rabbit, sometimes I think about what Ally is going thru and how she will feel when the nanny leaves, I feel so sad that I cry. It'll take us some time to look for a new nanny/ maid and I'm not sure whether she will be able to adjust to the changes before my maternity leave is over.

Sigh, my nanny told me yesterday she is quitting due to family matters. The timing can't be worse coz my older girl is adjusting to so many changes and now she's losing the one constant thing that has not changed since the new baby arrives. I asked my nanny why she didn't tell is sooner..she said she didn't feel right to quit when I was pregnant. So she waited till after I've given birth. Like Rabbit, sometimes I think about what Ally is going thru and how she will feel when the nanny leaves, I feel so sad that I cry. It'll take us some time to look for a new nanny/ maid and I'm not sure whether she will be able to adjust to the changes before my maternity leave is over.

Thanks qarezma, zeroflower, escudo

I'm also looking for new bbsitter. My current bbsitter is taking of another girl older than my boy by 4 months. i dun think she will be able to handle another newborn baby. I want to keep my two kids together, dun want them to be at separate bbsitters. Problem is, my boy is super clingy and super choosy. He will only let certain ppl carry him. My main concern is whether he will be able to adapt to a new bbsitter. I'm already starting to look for new bbsitter near to my hse. Hope he adapts to new bbsitter before No.2 arrives.

AM - hope u get it sorted out soon.. childcare is so sensitive

as we are now looking for a nse to buy, was telling hubby yday how we need to be in the same housing area cos i dont want to find a different bbsitter... its too difficult for me, and also my kid

Ally'sMom,

i know how u feel. With the 2nd one in the house, the elder one already need to adjust to different kind of attention/enviroment. Now she need to adjust to new bbsitter pulak. U dun worry too much, i think they are stil young, can adjust to new environment very fast and not as bad as we think.

fyi, day 2 at hospital, i already start crying when i am alone. All bcoz is i miss my elder son so much and scared he thought his mummy dun wan him. I guess i am really emotional at that time. :dash2:

Ally'sMom,

i know how u feel. With the 2nd one in the house, the elder one already need to adjust to different kind of attention/enviroment. Now she need to adjust to new bbsitter pulak. U dun worry too much, i think they are stil young, can adjust to new environment very fast and not as bad as we think.

fyi, day 2 at hospital, i already start crying when i am alone. All bcoz is i miss my elder son so much and scared he thought his mummy dun wan him. I guess i am really emotional at that time. :dash2:

omg i am kinda imagining how it might be.. i feel sad already :(

i hope to get discharged after 1 night, i want to be with my boy & NB both.. sob sob

sometimes i wonder if i am the clingy one?

It's normal, ladies. It's called baby blues and happens because of the huge hormonal change. :) I went through it as well and while the midwives & docs were very understanding, my parents weren't. My mum actually scolded me. >.<