Sign in to follow this  
KKloke

Which is your prefered Diamond Jewelry Shop ?

Please rate your best Diamond Jewelry Shop  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had come across many Jewelry shops.

For those that had bought jewelries or had gone around surveying, appreciate that you can share your experience.

Which has the best product? Which is the best price? which has the most variety?

Hi There,

just sharing my thoughts...

i used to think that you only get best diamonds from places like Tiffany & co, Cartier...etc, and never liked places like wah chan/ poh kong/kwong poh or whatevery people call it, thinking that it's only for old people (pardon my childish mindset)

but recently i spoke to some senior, they share with me their thoughts on diamonds..

try considering our neighbourhood jewellery stores like wah chan or poh kong ( i can only think of this 2 because they are big in Malaysia market)...i met one of the marketing person in wah chan the other day and she told me that wah chan actually has the biggest range of choices when it comes to diamonds and jewelleries.. catering to all different needs out there..

and the best part, you can negotiate a good price out of it! some jewellery shops, they are internationally align or have very strict rules to follow, therefore the most they can give you probable is 5% to 15%? but neighbourhood jewellery outlets like wah chan or poh kong, surely can afford to give you more discounts! especially promotion periods!

another tip from a senior, guys, if you are planning to buy an engagement ring, please do not be afraid to ask a girl or auntie to go with you! going alone will not get as much discount as going with a female friend or auntie! choose the ring and let the girls do the talking, they might be able to get more discount for you, or even with a gift return.

:)

For those that had bought jewelries or had gone around surveying, appreciate that you can share your experience.

Which has the best product? Which is the best price? which has the most variety?

as well sharing my exp when 1st me and my FW walking down the shopping mall to hunt the ideal wedding ring. that day we spent hours in and out from the jewelry shop just to ensure both of us must get the ring. we went to D&P, SK, Poh Kong...and few more where last we enter Wah Chan.

One thing impressive that i decided to buy our WR from wah chan was because they really negotiate friendly unlike those SK, D&P...they grabbed the calculator and pressing in front of you while showing them-self really hard thinking just to give you discount, in the end when they show you da number on the calculator wasn't the amount you satisfy and u bargain again they won't go any lower. I remembered to request just RM100 lower to make it nice figure where i was going to buy a WR for RM4k yet they just couldnt do it. well i would say 'thanks god i din buy it'.

another thing i like WahChan is the diamond can be tested thoroughly for its spec before choosing the casing. that nite both of us examined the ring till our eyes sparkling after walked out from the shop. well at least me and my FW satisfied is the most important.

Hope this can be guide for you and your love one ^^

Personally, i like Suen at Bangsar (formerly known as Carat Club). They have a newly renovated shop there.

My fiance got my ring from them and i've visited the shop a few times as well.

I love their service and makes you feel very comfortable. They can also give very good advice about your diamond selection.

Btw, the coffee there is good :tongue:

Bought mine at Masjid India. Both our ring cost less than RM1K. Ours is 916 Gold.

Madras Jeweller Sdn Bhd

54A, Jln. Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur

50100 Selangor

* Tel03-2692 6650

* Fax03-2694 4145

FH and I recently bought our wedding rings from DeGem. I would say after browsing through the jewellery in all the other shops we decided on this one because it had the design we were after and their diamonds are of better quality. It's generally more pricey than the other shops but I would say the money was worth spending on.

Hi

Mostly I buy my jewelry from online store. I have some experience about the buying the jewelry from online jewelry store. Recently I have purchased some loose diamonds and diamond rings for my family from PricePointShop. I think It is best online store for diamond jewelry in this season because It provides huge discounts on them in this Xmas. It provides loose diamonds and diamond jewelry on Genuine Price. I have compared these items from other stores and realized that it is very affordable for us.

Hi I have found a GIA diamond distributor which is trusted and good Service. As Comparison : Wah Chan 0.6 Carat F VS2 3ex is 10,9xx ringgit, during promotion it gives you 9,500 ringgit. my distributor price for one level up clarity which is vs1 is only 7990 ringgit. basically for 3ex we can give 12 percent off, while for 2ex-vg can give 20 percent off from promotional price of branded shop. comission for me is 2% only. contact me for detail 0102439357. thank you.

I would go for Tiffany & Co, Cartier, Poh Kong and Wah Chan. Would consider some of the diamond jewelry shop but for sure not this one Degem.

Kinda dislike the SA and the service there. Also I doubt whether some of the diamonds are flawed/defected and resell to client.

Read the below message posted by someone trying to vent out the frustration. I doubt lots of ppl experiencing the same thing as well but not being able to express out...

"I just need to rant. Am very disappointed and frustrated with a so-called reputable Jewelry company but in actual fact all the employees e.g. sales person & management are all crooks.

I bought a diamond stone from Habib Jewels and got my setting fixed in De Gem. Here is what happen:

1st Dec 2011 - Bought a diamond stone from Habib and went to have it set at De Gem

15th Dec 2011 - Collected it. Happy with the ring and the workmanship

29th Dec 2011 - Proposed to my GF. Ring size couldn't fit so need to resize.

30th Dec 2011 - The very next day, sent it back to De Gem to resize the ring.

5th Jan 2012 - Went and collect the ring. GF was there and it fit her perfectly. While trying it on, suddenly saw 2 obvious cloudy patches at the side of the ring. Complained and ask them to clarify. 2 salesperson were there. 1 said it might be inclusion and another said it might actually crack. Because need to check with the factory, tell us they will call us back.

6th Jan 2012 - Called me back and confirmed it's inclusion. In the meantime, I went and asked around and even do research on inclusion and found out that inclusion cannot be seen with one's naked eyes. So, when the salesperson said this, I knew he was lying. I argued with him that the stone was in perfect condition even before I brought it over. He kept on arguing with me using jargons to manipulate his stories.

Cut the story short - There was a lot of ding dong-ing going here and there & me arguing with them and in the end, I got really fed-up, took back the ring and bring it over to Habib

11th Jan 2012 - Brought over to Habib, and the technician and salesperson were there. They were stunned to look at the stone. Amazed it's more of an accurate word choice that a so-called "reputable" company like De Gem could deliver such a lousy workmanship and servicing skills. Found out that the cloudy part was due to their workmanship when they re-size the ring. Apparently, when expanding or shrinking down the size, the stone needs to go through a procedure where it uses hot/cold water. Either instruction wasn't followed or the staff made a mistake resulted the cloudy area in the ring.

When I got to know about this was really angry, couldn't believe De Gem could do such thing. It's a huge lesson learnt for me. I do not want you guys out there to fall into the same trap when your time comes especially first timer out there.

Next step for me? I'm bringing them to tribunal court. I will make sure they replace and even compensate for the anguish they have caused me and of course my time wasted talking to these f***ers. They can go screw themselves.

p/s: Any journalists out there who would want to cover this story? I'll be more than happy to spare my time in assisting you.

Thank you for reading! "

Yes i totally agree of not going to Degem at all.

For ppl who don't mind branding I would definitely and highly recommend wholesaler with showroom not those door to door dodgy type..

My experience:

I bought a 0.83 ct, h colour, if clarity diamond from lazare degem in 2013 for rm36k!

Totally regretted it after I met one of Malaysia & Singapore diamond and gem wholesaler.

You can always check the GIA CERT on theie website using their report check to see if the diamond is authenticated. Only GIA LAB can do the inscription with the cert no.

The difference between a Lab Cert and retail cert- cartier, forevermark and lazare is just that these retail certs are used as marketing gimmick for branding purposes. They hiked up the prices at least more than 300 percent than the cost as their brand has been build over more than 100 years.

As for lab cert they go through proper and strict steps to certify a diamond. In GIA 5 CERTIFIED gematologists will examined the diamond under the best conditions.

So relying on Gia cert will not manipulate you.

The differences between a wholesaler and retailer in Malaysia is that most retailer gets the stock from them!

A retailer at most have 5 to 20 pieces of readily available solitaires at each store whereas wholesalers have more than 100k pieces of stones.

Branded solitaires- lazare, cartier, hearts on fire by habib and tiffany brand their solitaires using different names to hike up the prices

A brilliant cut diamond will have the rflection of 8 arrows on top and when ypu flip it over it would reflect 8 hearts. So there is maximum reflection og light that leads to the perfect shine and NOT EVERY TRIPLE EXCELLENT STONE HAS HEARTS AND ARROWS.

THe gia cert that we usually are exposed to are only the surface summary of the solitaire so even majority oof the sales personnel won't even know but tell us it is the best!!! Which we wont even know to begin with and get all confused later on.

The dates are important because retailers take in traded stones so there is always a tendency of getting a 2nd hand and value will decrease if it has been used.

Wholesalers never take in trade ins and they work according to your budget instead!! Their running gia certs are usually at least a mth before the current date!

Long story cut short i ended up realising the rock i bought only worth less than rm15k ='(

A perfect 1ct only costs me rm25k and the differences in colour, quality and shine is so obvious. Decided to go to wholesaler for life and they do any designs and lifetime warranty.free engraving and resizing also!!!

My best friends ring from Tiffany after a while all the prongs senget and the diamond so cloudy due to high fluorescent to stay in budget =/

Now my mom and aunt also buy from this wholesaler cause they are super friendly. New stocks coming nearly weekly and they get to take their own sweet time to try and take any pictures... Haha!! Most importantly all the ready made jewelleries are so so damn nice and no spotlight in their showroom wan.. shine like no tmr! End up now walk pass retailer also dont bother edi =p

Not like retailers judge you the moment you walk in!! With attitude somemore.. tsk tsk tsk

I'm looking from 1.5 carats diamond, D or E color, Clarity IF or VVS, Ideal cuts. Went to degem to see lazare diamond yesterday. Really in love with their ideal cut. I had compared Lazare diamond with the normal GIA cert diamond. Lazare is much more shinning than same grade or even better grade GIA cert. Is there any wholesaler out there can find me a ideal cut with a fair price? Cutting is the most criteria to me.

I'm looking from 1.5 carats diamond, D or E color, Clarity IF or VVS, Ideal cuts. Went to degem to see lazare diamond yesterday. Really in love with their ideal cut. I had compared Lazare diamond with the normal GIA cert diamond. Lazare is much more shinning than same grade or even better grade GIA cert. Is there any wholesaler out there can find me a ideal cut with a fair price? Cutting is the most criteria to me.

Hello,

May I know what price DeGem quoted you for the 1.5ct D/E colour, IF/VSS clarity Lazare diamond? They quoted me >13,000 for a 0.42/0.43 F colour VS1, which honestly is overpriced. But I am curious about 1.5ct. It should probably be easily above RM 150,000, based on the brand.

Also, imho, there is no need to focus on such high clarity, as long as the diamond is eye-clean. I would think a VS range clarity may give a better bang for your bucks. Compare colour to Clarity, colour is more visible to the naked eye, so it is more important. But I have see that you have made up your mind with colourless range, so it should be fine.

And Lazare is just a brand. To determine the quality of the cut, preliminary step you should take is to calculate the diamond's HCA score, which I honestly don't think they will let you to do that in the store. I was not allowed to take any picture of the cert in-store as well, but I memorized the proportions of the Lazare I looked at and the calculated score is just 2.3, which is below expectation. Do note that HCA is used as a diamond rejection tool. Then of course, the IdealScope image and ASET image, which I highly doubt that any shops in shopping complexes will be able to provide. I view these shops as mainstream diamond stores. There are other ideal proportions that you can take note of:

http://beyond4cs.com/shapes/round/ideal-proportions/

http://niceice.com/tolkowsky-ideal-cut-diamonds/

In Malaysia, we still have quite a bit of options to buy from non-mainstream stores, that charge a lower price point and offer you a more personal service. They may be able to provide you scope images of the diamond. However, my preferred way to buy diamond is online.

If you are comfortable to buy online, like what I did, then you can consider WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin. These 2 names won't be unfamiliar to you if you did your research online. I bought mine from WhiteFlash. Here is my review about them. Please take note that most diamonds sold by WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin are AGS certified, which is actually on par with GIA, if not better.

Buying online from reputable reseller can save more and we can actually know how well the diamond is performing. I rely on professionals like Paul from Beyond4cs.com and Todd from NiceIce.com to help me. The ideal proportions I have shown earlier above are provided by them. I have written some guides here, here, and here. I have never really deal with the site owner from the last link before, but overall, the process works the same, as far as I am concerned.

Lastly, good luck, and feel free to read my blog for tips. I hope it can help you in some way.

http://myengagementringexperience.blogspot.my/

Edited by blogger.yang

Hi There,

just sharing my thoughts...

i used to think that you only get best diamonds from places like Tiffany & co, Cartier...etc, and never liked places like wah chan/ poh kong/kwong poh or whatevery people call it, thinking that it's only for old people (pardon my childish mindset)

but recently i spoke to some senior, they share with me their thoughts on diamonds..

try considering our neighbourhood jewellery sale of Decorative Shells  stores like wah chan or poh kong ( i can only think of this 2 because they are big in Malaysia market)...i met one of the marketing person in wah chan the other day and she told me that wah chan actually has the biggest range of choices when it comes to diamonds and jewelleries.. catering to all different needs out there..

and the best part, you can negotiate a good price out of it! some jewellery shops, they are internationally align or have very strict rules to follow, therefore the most they can give you probable is 5% to 15%? but neighbourhood jewellery outlets like wah chan or poh kong, surely can afford to give you more discounts! especially promotion periods!

another tip from a senior, guys, if you are planning to buy an engagement ring, please do not be afraid to ask a girl or auntie to go with you! going alone will not get as much discount as going with a female friend or auntie! choose the ring and let the girls do the talking, they might be able to get more discount for you, or even with a gift return.

:)

Hi

How much discount we will get if we buy jewelry in bulk???

All is good except Degem and Diamond Platinum (subsidiary of Degem company) overpriced and awkward non functional design ..

Among all these 2 got the most unfriendly customer sevices and unreliable after sales services..

platinum & diamond

The unreliable one...

platinum & diamond

Edited by BeingRight

Hi, I want to propose to my gf, I am totally no clue what to get for my gf. Previously was busy with work. Now PM say must stay at home, so i now only got time to see....

I saw this forum saying about diamond but very confusing.

I last time got pass by some shop like Poh Kong, Tomei, but just to see see only la, don't dare to go in. Hahaha.....

I have no idea where to start. the only thing i know is i need to work on RM5000 budget.

Nice bro, yeah, now lockdown all the shops closed, can’t go anywhere also.  My gf keep hinting like her this friend got propose, that friend also got propose. She keep saying want what kind design… I also don’t know la. I also searching on internet. But saw this one like not bad o. See anyone got comment or not le. Hahaha.

diamond ring.JPG

That’s very pretty leh. But I got ask my friends and ask about design. Some said simple better. Make the diamond big can already. Don’t add more things in it. I then search and see and found this design. Looks very nice.

But I got ask friend about the price, understand from them that with my budget, I can go for more bling bling at the side. But don’t should I go for this or with more bling or not.

classic-solitaire-comfort-fit.jpg