simonne

Facial Mask - Favourite/type

Lucky simonne mentioned that those are sheet mask. I am using whitening mask, and have been using for some time also.. When I read the beginning of the thread, I thought mine was a peel off also.. Luckily it's a sheet mask.. Phew..

sheet masks r more convenient. all u need is to cleanse ur face n put on the mask. leave for 15-30 mins, voila! radiant skin emerged :)

Lately I got sort of obsessed with sheet masks :P How often do you all use this per week actually? I'm going to try a few types and see which one I like best. So far I only managed to try Biolyn's Green Tea mask, Ginvera's Green Tea Mask.. my problem would be dehydrated and sensitive skin. Yday I went to buy Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask and also another brand - Activa? Anyone used these before???

i bought mine cheaply. from those shops selling beauty items. 5 pcs of sheet mask selling at SGD10!

for dehydrated skin, i suggest u go for hydration cream based mask. as they contain higher level of moisture n can really hydrate the skin. sheet masks r more for those on the go ladies...

i love masks too..

i'm using Kose Black Mask, then Loccitane cream mask...the result is superb! Occasionally I use sheet masks too, those I got it from my bf sis's friend who's working in some beauty salon, cheap collagen sheet masks, apprx rm50 per 10 pcs.

Actually there are different types of masks for different purpose,

those peel off masks are for deep cleansing action normally, i like to use this to pull off all impurities before applying other masks. normally peel off masks do not provide other major benefits like firming / hydration etc because peel off masks normally just for making for skin very very clean!! and the down side of course like you guys said..it can sag the skin

cream masks - normally for firming, hydration, normalizing, etc....very conventional and quite messy sometimes...but the result can be very good if the you find a good mask...might not suit those with oily complexion because cream mask is abit oily ..

sheet masks - best mask for clean skin...before applying this mask , make sure your skin is deeply cleanse / have done peeling/scrub, etc. Then only your skin can absorb all the benefits...sheet masks are handy and their purpose normally for firming, hydraion, whitening, etc..

enjoy masking! :lol:

Hi Joeyjoe..

I have not used these masks before but I guess all masks are beneficial to our skin, more or less only...unless you have sensitive skin that some ingredients might aggravate your skin...whitening ingredient is not so good for sensitive skin as I heard from a Clarins consultant...but I still use whitening products (I have sensitive skin too) sensitive skins need lots hydration...drink more water, avoid sun, wear sunblock, and use hydration products too..

masks you can use once or twice per week depending on your skin needs...i have a colleague who apply mask everyday!! beauty has no holiday it seems :) however, for me i normally apply once a week, or twice if my skin condition is bad..:)

Lately I got sort of obsessed with sheet masks :P How often do you all use this per week actually? I'm going to try a few types and see which one I like best. So far I only managed to try Biolyn's Green Tea mask, Ginvera's Green Tea Mask.. my problem would be dehydrated and sensitive skin. Yday I went to buy Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask and also another brand - Activa? Anyone used these before???

How about you try a homemade facial mask?

I tried one yesterday using banana + honey.

Mash one banana (not too much, otherwise the paste becomes runny) + 1 tsp of honey.

Apply on face for about 10-15 minutes. Wash off.

Banana and honey has a lot of nutritional properties. Banana hydrates, and honey is antibacterial. If you like, refrigerate the paste for a while so that you get a cold mask.

:)

How about you try a homemade facial mask?

I tried one yesterday using banana + honey.

Mash one banana (not too much, otherwise the paste becomes runny) + 1 tsp of honey.

Apply on face for about 10-15 minutes. Wash off.

Banana and honey has a lot of nutritional properties. Banana hydrates, and honey is antibacterial. If you like, refrigerate the paste for a while so that you get a cold mask.

:)

Wah, this is cool... okok.. will try out.. Tash thank you for the sharing :)

Is anyone using Tea Tree Oil Face Mask or Vit E sink in Moisture mask? any comment? which one better? or any other recommendation for hydrating mask which i can easily buy in pharmacy stores? currently i am looking for it.....

i am using fancl now...pretty good

HOw much you bought? what type of mask? wash off? or peel type? yours hydrating or whitening?

JL

Ji mui,

I need help.... I need hydration mask for my face and eye... twice the MUA (different person) commented my face and eye area very dry... My AD coming soon.... Anyone can recommend to me?

Thanks

Hi, I am jsut reading this magazine with some homemade masks for dry/chapped skin. Maybe you can try? Myself have oily skin so will try the ones recommended for oily skin :) Do let me know how it goes if you try!

For dry/chapped skin:

- An egg yolk mixed with olive oil and warmed honey

- whole carrot blended into carrot sauce mixed with one egg yolk.

- avocado mashed and one egg yolk

For oily skin:

- Puree flesh of a tomato and mix with some potato flour to make a paste

- Egg whites beaten with a few drops of lemon juice. This is also great for getting rid of blackheads

- cucumber. It will whiten your skin and can also be used in sliced form on the eyes to help decrease puffiness and dark circles.

I heard frens saying - egg white is good... but i yet to try... kekeke..

scared of the raw egg white smell... maybe can drop a few drops of lemon in it... hehe..

will try and let u gals know the result ya... hehe