simonne

Facial Mask - Favourite/type

hi chooz..

here i am...So do we have to use the exfoliant and the mask everyday?

Hi whitesense,

For my skin type rite (oily skin) my beautician adviced me to use the exfoliant 3 times a week, as for the hydrating mask I use them everyday, can even apply on the eye area ... the result very good, the fine lines around my eyes when I smile now a lot reduced, the result is better than that time when I use the SKII eye treament film! :rolleyes:

hi chooz..

here i am...So do we have to use the exfoliant and the mask everyday?

Hi whitesense,

For my skin type (oily skin) my beautician adviced me to use the exfoliant 3 times a week, as for the hydrating mask I use them everyday, can even apply on the eye area ... the result very good, the fine lines around my eyes when I smile now a lot reduced, the result is better than that time when I use the SKII eye treament film! :rolleyes:

despite of gentle cream exfoliate, give daily microfoliant for a try?award winning solution-rice base powder exfoliate

Hi rayanne,

I've just started my facial treatment with dermalogica and they assess my skin and advice which are the products suits me ... right until now, everything is kinda 'prescribed' by them, I just followed their advice coz I believe they should know what's best for my skin :rolleyes: They have not intro me the daily microfoliant, maybe later when they think my skin is more ready they will recommend me to use ...

yeah they can recommend you what product best suit for u. but as the skin is belong to us, u do need to notice what they doing and survey on the products. if you are interest,request the daily microfoliant sample from them! or try to seek advise from them regarding this product ;)

gals..

maybe i shud try the products..but i got very dehyrated skin especially on my cheeks. Outside looks very dry but inside is oily. My beautician said i cannot apply cream or oil based products. If the cream is too rich, the pimples will pop out. Very funny huh my skin.

yeah they can recommend you what product best suit for u. but as the skin is belong to us, u do need to notice what they doing and survey on the products. if you are interest,request the daily microfoliant sample from them! or try to seek advise from them regarding this product ;)

hmm ... i think at the moment i'm quite pleased and contented with using the gentle exfoliating cream 3 times a week, think should be more than enough exfoliation for me. But I've just added one new range of Dermalogica product to my beauty routine, it's the multivitamin capsule and mask. My beautician strongly recommended to me coz my skin got acne scar and this will improve blood circulation and healing ... she say after applying the skin will feel very very soft, smooth and vibrant. The product claimed to be able to fight against signs of aging and environmental aggression, just what I needed most in this ever so poluted world we are living in ... have you tried that product before?

hey whitesense,

the dermalogica outlet you visited is in SG? which part?

Hi chooz..

i am staying in Serangoon Central..I am not really sure abt the shop name leh..

oh i c .... is the shop called Leonard & Drake? Coz i believe they are the only ones selling Dermalogica products in SG.

gals..

maybe i shud try the products..but i got very dehyrated skin especially on my cheeks. Outside looks very dry but inside is oily. My beautician said i cannot apply cream or oil based products. If the cream is too rich, the pimples will pop out. Very funny huh my skin.

ya, i think you should give it a try if you say your skin is dehydrated. I tell you will definitely see the differece after few application, the skin is smoother and supple, when you press your checks you will feel they are like very 'juicy' & 'succulent' :P really one!

Actually your skin is not funny, that is the case with many oily skin ppl. They are so scared of oiliness that many of them (including me last time) skip moisturiser all togther just to stay matt. That is a big NO NO to skin :D you should never deprive your skin with hydration coz it provides protection barrier to skin against many problems. I guessed you won't believe if I told you that skin that is too dehydrated or dry will caused breakout too! There are many reasons for skin to breakout, oiliness is one of them but dehydration is also one of them! If your skin is too dry, when you go for facial, your impurities like black/white heads will be a lot harder to extract coz there is no moisture. Many ppl are ignorant to the importance of hydration for skin including me last time. Now for me, if I have to choose only one product for my skin, it will be hydrator/moisturiser.

Btw, honestly are you guilty of skipping moituriser before? If so, that will explain why your skin is dry on the surface but oily on the inside. You can't change what's inside, that is the number of oil-glands you have that's why deep down your skin is still secreting oil. But what you can do is to find a balance between keeping your skin hydrated and oil secretion controlled. That is very important ... I think for your case, you might need 2 types of moisturiser, for cheecks and T-zone. Dont' go for cream based moisturiser, they will be too rich ... try lighter hydrator instead.

thanks jaylow.

When i went to cellnique for facial last time, they did 2 mask on me..

So i wanna make it like home facial.. I apply 2 mask loh

But i think do the clay one first , then the hydrating 2nd

yupe, should be that way ... clay mask to deep cleanse the pores, 'suck out' the impurities first then hydrating mask to replenish the moisture, I am doing the same also :blink:

shy to tell u gal this..but i've nvr done a facial before..

mainly coz ng seh tak n dun feel the need to lor...n also dun know which is good or not. coz i pernah hear scary stories saying dat after doin facial, got outbreaks.

so gals, what is ur good recommendation on facials...me ah, can consider got oily skin but no breakouts..blackhead on the nose...

shy to tell u gal this..but i've nvr done a facial before..

mainly coz ng seh tak n dun feel the need to lor...n also dun know which is good or not. coz i pernah hear scary stories saying dat after doin facial, got outbreaks.

so gals, what is ur good recommendation on facials...me ah, can consider got oily skin but no breakouts..blackhead on the nose...

Hi JooJoo ... it's ok ... there's always a first time ;)

Actually hor, if your skin is alright with no issues, then I don't think it's a must to go for salon facials.... you can do your own mini facial with scrub/exfoliant and mask at home, but you must have the dicipline to do it regularly loh ... that ways save time and money too ... salon treament can burn a hole in your pocket if you're not careful with the selections :( Even if you sign up for salon facials, you still need to buy products and do your own facials at home for maintanence one, no short cuts.

Actually the reason I start going for salon facial is becoz after I came back from 5 years of stay in Melbourne, and start living in SG, my skin start to suffer very bad breakout so I got no choice but to give salon treatment a try. Tell you the first salon i went to (I shall not name names) the treatment was good in the beginnging but towards the middle, my skin start to breakout each time after the extraction, i suspect the way they extract were not clean or something coz they use extractors ... sometimes even worse, the extraction will leave scars on my face! :angry:

Now that I switched to Dermalogica, I find that the extraction is less painful and gentle coz they are using fingers only. Better for the skin also and won't aggrevate until causing breakout ... So far so good, my skin recover from the redness (after extraction) quite fast too ... and the products are amazing :blink:

oic..dermalogica...quite common here ..so might give it a try...

me now juz use those over the counter scrubs n nose strips for my blackheads..dun realy work well...

hows the pricing ler? gues i hv to convert ur SG$ cost...

oic..dermalogica...quite common here ..so might give it a try...

me now juz use those over the counter scrubs n nose strips for my blackheads..dun realy work well...

hows the pricing ler? gues i hv to convert ur SG$ cost...

hehe ... not too sure about the cost in MY, but currently the program I signed up is Deep Pore cleansing treatment, about S$800 for 7 treatments ... but this month (nov) SG outlet got 20% discount for facial treatments, 30% for body treatment ... I'm also doing their back treatment program

wah..meaning in RM wil b around RM1.8K lar...die...

some more they dun do single time 1 rite..kena sign up for packages..

c how ler..probably hv to stick back to DIY..

wah..meaning in RM wil b around RM1.8K lar...die...

some more they dun do single time 1 rite..kena sign up for packages..

c how ler..probably hv to stick back to DIY..

I think the price in MY might not necessary be double of the price is SG coz rental and labour cost (beauty therapist) are cheaper in MY. I think it's better for you to go to the outlet itself and see a consultant, find out their package then only decide.

oh i c .... is the shop called Leonard & Drake? Coz i believe they are the only ones selling Dermalogica products in SG.

There are small neighourhood saloons using and selling Dermalogica products in Sg. Leonard Drake should be the main distributor. :)

There are small neighourhood saloons using and selling Dermalogica products in Sg. Leonard Drake should be the main distributor. :)

oh really ah ... got other salons in SG selling derma also?

hey, kenix are you in SG too? where you staying?