Sign in to follow this  
qarezma

90 days to paralyze the Government

Sweet or sour budget does not affect the people. 100 storey high building, RM500 special financial for civil servant or cheap dirty underwears for Rosmah to do belly dancing or other cheap thrill will not win the hearts of the people.

The usual Elite UMNO clan will continue to receive free pocket money, projects and immunity to the laws in this country.

What more urgent and scary is the fact is that the Government had approved 90 days maternity leave for women without thinking ahead.

The present civil servants consist of 80% women in Putrajaya, Hospitals 89% female and 98% teachers are female. That is base on these three areas only. What about the rest of the civil servants in other departments?

I will repeat my experience about the teachers who taught my daughter in Primary School. Even her Secondary teachers are playing the same dirty game but on a lesser note.

My encounter with this particular Teacher is rather unpleasant, basically she is racist, abusive and has strong dislike for boys. But I will not talk about that today.

Today I want the world to know how she manipulates her pregnancy of getting salary without working.

Out of the six years I have watched her, she got pregnant five times. All the birth dates were on school days. Her game play starts from the first month pregnancy. She would take two days off in that month and will increase her doctor visit to once a week on the six month, then on the seven and eight months she is too sick to teach. Then she is on maternity leave. When she comes back she would create another story her baby needs to see the doctor every week. This goes on for another few months. Whereby she gets pregnant again and the whole process repeat itself. All in, she only teaches around three full months. But the whole sickening part is, she would travel with her husband for oversea trips during these so-called maternity leave and doctor visits. Her baby is well cared for by her mother and two servants.

Replacement teachers are rarely seen, so imagine my frustration when my daughter had to go through five years of her entire six year with not one teacher but three others who also played the same game.

So even without this official 90 days maternity leave, the teachers are already taking 90 days. So what happens when the teachers start taking 120 days each year? What happens when 20% of the 98% female teachers take turn to go on maternity leave? Fate will have it one day 70% of the 98% will collide and take leave on the same days.

Another reality is that no women wants to or able to be alone with a crying baby for long, so they will dump their baby with the servant or mother or mother-in-law after a month and will manja or threatened their husband to take leave to go for holidays or be at home. Mind you this is happening now.

Another story I want to relate is about my family’s helper. This woman comes daily to the house to wash and hang out the clothes before she goes to her main job which is cleaning the school and helping out at the canteen. Then in the evenings she is back to fold and iron the clothes. She continues to work till the day she delivers her baby. Then on the fifth day after delivery she is back to her work routine. This went on for all her six children when she worked for us for ten years. Six years ago I met her and asked out of curiosity why she never once rested even when she was ill. She told me blankly that for every one day she does not work there is no food on the table. Though she was working on three jobs and her husband two, there were only able to live day by day. Any emergency they would have to borrow or forgo seeking medical help. Mind you this lady gave birth to all her children with the help of her aged old mother at home.

So by all means take as many leave possible but when you start paying them for these holidays who wants to work. That’s when abuse comes in and who better at this game? Of course the civil servants

http://malaysiaflipflop.blogspot.com/2010/...government.html

________________________________________________________________________________

i feel the writer is just expressing dissatisfaction over the civil servants, education system and budget 2011 which doesnt benefit the real people to malaysia. But being a mother myself, i dont like the way maternity leave and being pregnant is picked on. What are your views?

seriously la i think if any mother keep on beranak just because of to 2-3 months free pay..

it's very stupid!!! coz the amount of work after that will be even more...

but then in my office there is someone who never want to take care of her babies...

coz she will leave it all to her parents and maid. Even night feeding she ask her

maid to do it! still she want to give birth now alreayd 3 and she going to ttc another 1

to make it 4.

who do not what more children? i will want 3 if there is someone which i really trusted

can take care my child and financially i'm ok.. but physically i'm not ok coz

1st trimester is not fun for me.. and now 3rd trimester i always lack of sleep due to

back pain and baby movement middle of the night.. and breastfeeding journey

is not easy for me either..

anyway labour law is limit to 5 survived birth. and the what goes around comes around too

this year i go on maternity ppl help with my work. next year someone else goes on maternity.

so that's is very fair.

i think it is individual, some ppl just want to hv babies and with the convenience of child care, they take it for granted.. in the example provided. BUt if the worry if that 90days is too long for such profession, the govt should be aware and take steps to ensure there is proper backup (as we do in any private companies) & sick leaves are not taken just for fun. Maybe govt should also start accessing and rethinking sick leaves given.

Anyways, what someone does on her maternity leave, is not for us to judge, but i guess would reflect on her own motherhood. My boss allowed me to work from home 1 month prior to maternity leave, and 2 months after maternity leave... it helped in not crippling my team's operation while i was away, giving me the convenience of having rest, being with my baby and handling my job.

qarezma,

your company is very considerate!

I will have my c-sect on dec 9 and i request to start my ML on 8 Dec.

A day earlier. I have already write in but there is no reply from the management.

I know they will sure approved it. But maybe I have to request it again.

i know, it is a blessing to hv him.. now different boss, so donno how is he going to be..

another thing is my team and company are running tight on headcounts, so they willingly offered me to work from home when i applied for unpaid leaves

What I really want to see is mothers actually telling me that longer maternity leave is bad for the company and specifically mothers in management positions. All the negatives I have seen so far are either from single women or men. These people are merely relating stories that they are privy to but have yet to experience so what they say should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

For every one woman out there who cannot bear to be with a child, there are countless others who would give anything to spend more time with their babies - crying or not. For every one person who abuses the system, there are countless others who stay within the limits and obey the rules. So why should we penalize the majority for the mistakes of the minority?

Another person I'd really like to have a discussion with is that Marisa Demori. She keeps talking about how the West spoils their employees, businesses have failed but I really haven't seen any true examples of this. In both my previous and current office - which are American-based - maternity leave has resulted in least three to five individuals being promoted. How is that "failling" or "spoiling" employees? =.=

mei,

in my company there is 2 staffs who willing to be on call and work from home during maternity and they offered it.

However i'm the 1 who taking over their job and i try my best not to disturb also i do not want to make it such as

i cant handle it without them around. They actually said that 60days staying at home are boring.

Staff A, a dedicated mom but she bf her son + mix with fm, she just pump when her breast is full and each time

pump probably she got 2oz-3oz so her pumping session is less than 30mins. However she does

agreed that if fully breastfeed mom 60days is not really enough. But for her 60days is more than enough.

Staff B, i cant said she is not dedicated but she is not bf due to reason the son cant wait till the ebm to warm up

so she just give up like that. She send her son to bbsitter. So if you got enough helper and u dont have worried

or look for nanny etc..i guess 60days is also more than enough rite??

But for myself, it's not enough especially for the 2nd baby i dare not offer to work from home.

due to I dont think i can handle it. If i offer work from home or check office mail from home..

i will stress. I just want to concerntrate taking care of my baby and get enough rest whenever i can.

Same time I want to spend time with Gabriel too coz I dont want him to feel neglected when baby is here.

________________________________________________________________________________

i feel the writer is just expressing dissatisfaction over the civil servants, education system and budget 2011 which doesnt benefit the real people to malaysia. But being a mother myself, i dont like the way maternity leave and being pregnant is picked on. What are your views?