Sign in to follow this  
meandhimus

Any other suggestion of chinese restaurants in Klang valley ?

Hi,

Tought that looking around for venue 1 year ahead is considered good, but had a shock yesterday when i called around all the oversea, and oriental group of restaurants and taithong branches in klang valley, all not available for that day-20th nov.

am asking for help here if any of you has any other restaurants in mind ?

Cos, am thinking of doing it lunch/ change date if still unable to find a venue.

Hi,

Tought that looking around for venue 1 year ahead is considered good, but had a shock yesterday when i called around all the oversea, and oriental group of restaurants and taithong branches in klang valley, all not available for that day-20th nov.

Cos, am thinking of doing it lunch/ change date if still unable to find a venue.

Meandhimus, your wedding date also set on 20th Nov? I'm looking for venues for this date also but find out that most of the restaurants are fully booked. :angry:

I hope can get a venue in Klang area.

Hi,

Meandhimus, your wedding date also set on 20th Nov? I'm looking for venues for this date also but find out that most of the restaurants are fully booked. :angry:

I hope can get a venue in Klang area.

Hi.. Try Duck King in Ampang.. The food is nice..

Did u try the following restaurants:

Noble House

Imbi Palace

Cheers Palace

Hee Loi Tang

etc...

Except Cheers Palace which is in Cheras area, the rest all within Klang Valley.

Which specific restaurants have u called up?

Hi,

Specifically i have called up :

Oversea branches at : Armada, Jaya 1, Sri Petaling and Jalan Imbi

Oriental group of restaurants : Noble House, Noble banquet, Oriental Pavvillion, Oriental Banquet,

All Tai thong branches

Will try Cheers palace, and Imbi palace as you have suggested.

Hmm....if really don;t have then really have to try do it lunch...just that i don;t really like lunch as we would be rushing.

ok, number one priority is Restaurants, even the one in Hotel/Shopping complex also.

The list below are not available......

a) All Oversea branches

b) All Tai Thong branches

c) Chuai Heng

d) Imbi Palace and the branch Grand Palace ( in Pavillion shopping centre )

e) Grand Imperial Restaurant branches

f) Oriental group of restaurants ( all 5 branches )

g) Cheers Palace in Cheras

h) Chung Hwa restaurant in Puchong

i) Crystal Palm restaurant in Jalan Ipoh

j) Damansara Palace

Wow...who are the lucky couple who manage to secure these places.....really a very hot date.

of course its a hot date LOL ! 2011-2011

ppl book 1.5 yrs in advance for dates like these.

hv u try calling all the hotel's chinese restaurant ?

Alamak alamak again....

I just called the six happiness as suggested...also no more...even the branches.

The Times square dragon restaurant also no more and the kampung Pandan also.....

Wah lau .....really geng..

For the hotel restaurant...it is over budget lor. So aiming for restaurant outside the hotel .

It's ok...i have ask the in laws to go kira again....get another date......

Alamak alamak again....

I just called the six happiness as suggested...also no more...even the branches.

The Times square dragon restaurant also no more and the kampung Pandan also.....

Wah lau .....really geng..

For the hotel restaurant...it is over budget lor. So aiming for restaurant outside the hotel .

It's ok...i have ask the in laws to go kira again....get another date......

wah...really geng huh....because of the 2011 2011... now i understand why all friends said it is not easy to get marry especially come to this point of time. Check availability of restaurants, get quotations, take wedding photos, etc etc...

Hey,Bride PJ

So what about you....Manage to get a place for 20112011 ?

Now i am thinking twicw already, a new date was taken 12/11/2011.....so now also looking around lar.

Most likely trying Grand Imperial One utama, newly opened.

Best of luck ya.

Hey,Bride PJ

So what about you....Manage to get a place for 20112011 ?

Now i am thinking twicw already, a new date was taken 12/11/2011.....so now also looking around lar.

Most likely trying Grand Imperial One utama, newly opened.

Best of luck ya.

Hi Meandhimus,

Yeah, can't get place on 2011 2011. All fully booked. Figuring what to do next.

Wish you luck!

Hi,

I have also choosen 20.11.2011 as my wedding date, we have separate dinner, i.e mine will be on 13.11.2011 and my hubby's side will be on 20.11.2011. We have book the resutaurant on Sept 10. :)

I think now is a bit hard for u to look for restaurant, and some of the hotel are actually fully booked as well. believe that 20112011 is a good date!

your revised date 12.11.2011 i think it's also quite full. I have booked mine on 13.11.2011, the resutaurant manager actually told us that their restaurant is fully booked for the few days.

anyway, good luck and congratz ya!

Hi meandhimus,

Wow, looks like many people are getting married in Nov next year! I am also looking for a restaurant on 13/11. So sad that the restaurant I want (Tai Thong Odeon) is fully booked! On 20/11 which is my second choice also booked liao ><

If I can find any other restaurants I will share with you ya :cheers:

meandhimus,

Oh you went to Marco Polo? How is it there? Is it old looking?

Why you booked 12/11 one.. 13/11 booked already?

Hmm..

Because the Feng shui / the person who help to count say 12th is also good wor..But of course 20/11 is a poblic good day, means suitable for almost every couple.

Plus i finally also like 12th Nov cos...manage to find some link :

We dated on 4th May

We ROM on 8th June

So ( 4 plus 8 ) : 12

And May ( 5 ) plus June ( 6 ) : 11

So actual day 12th Nov lor..Haha like that also can hor....some how it cross my mind like this .

No the place is not exactly old looking.

We went there and immediately said yes and paid our deposit rm 1000.

Besides the ballroom like interior, the manager also very friendly unlike other venue that we went.

And the manager also mention that likley will do some renovation next year...and the interior will only get better, if not the same.

ALso because of its reputation...for being so long in the line of chinese restaurant business.

You found your venue ?

Now i am looking around for MUA.

Hmm..

Because the Feng shui / the person who help to count say 12th is also good wor..But of course 20/11 is a poblic good day, means suitable for almost every couple.

Plus i finally also like 12th Nov cos...manage to find some link :

We dated on 4th May

We ROM on 8th June

So ( 4 plus 8 ) : 12

And May ( 5 ) plus June ( 6 ) : 11

So actual day 12th Nov lor..Haha like that also can hor....some how it cross my mind like this .

No the place is not exactly old looking.

We went there and immediately said yes and paid our deposit rm 1000.

Besides the ballroom like interior, the manager also very friendly unlike other venue that we went.

And the manager also mention that likley will do some renovation next year...and the interior will only get better, if not the same.

ALso because of its reputation...for being so long in the line of chinese restaurant business.

You found your venue ?

Now i am looking around for MUA.

Ohh.. hahahaha ya wor, like that also can! :tongue:

I went to Marco Polo the other day to check out the place, since you also booked there, and I've only heard of good reviews so far. But we went there at night and found the Wisma to be pretty rundown-looking.. the restaurant interior is a little old but I like the colours and deco, very oriental yet not too "china-looking". Overall I am quite ok with the place, although I didn't get to speak to the manager.

However, my parents and future parents-in-law are not quite in favour of that place, because they say it might be a little hard for our outstation relatives to find the place. Future FIL also commented that the parking is quite limited. They are all in favour of a new restaurant in Kepong (near my place) called Sin Choi Wah. Sigh, guess we'd have to follow their wishes.. Am still waiting for my ceremony venue to confirm their availability before I can make any decision on my reception restaurant. Stressed! :dash2:

Anyway, congrats that you have one headache out of the way! MUA should be relatively easy to find, but I think you gotta be fast! Good ones are always booked well in advance. All brides very kiasu nowadays :p If you need a list of MUA, I can PM you the list I have :cool: