tobyo

Chinese traditional wedding costume 'kua'

dear all,

i need some advice...

I'm actually looking for a 'kua' but i'm not sure where to look for it and how much does it usually costs???

i found one online at facebook, its called Affodell bridal, i'm actually planning to go have a look at their western gown already. Then recently they started selling those 'kua' oso...but its around rm3++ till 5++...is tat considered cheap or expensive..apparently they told me that tat price is for MTM, or i can oso rent if i want to. I want to know if i have other options before goin there...

pls help...

hi tobyo,

I bought one of the modern kua from this online shop and totally am satisfied with it. it only cost me rm178 which is cheaper than those shop outside, I ever saw a few shop selling the same kua at rm388-600.

All the best~

Hope this helps!

http://elegantbrides.blogspot.com/

modern kua u can get in a shop at petaling street as well ... less than RM 500 for sure.

You can rent Kuas in Klang Valley from Loh Tim Kee (near Petaling Street) and also at some of the small chinese bridal shops along Puchong and Kinrara. There are two types of Kua, the gold thread version and the beaded version. Gold Thread versions rent for about RMRM500 to RM800 and beaded versions rent for RM300 to RM500 (I think). I had problems renting a Kua during my AD last year because they were all very old-looking (looks like its been used many times) for the price you pay to rent them. And so I decided to get mine from Hong Kong instead as I had a good friend living there who arranged for me.

To buy a Kuq in HK will cost between RM1500 to RM3000 on average but I saw some Kuas that cost RM10,000 also. I hear you can buy them for very cheap in China but I'm not sure from where.

I can rent out my Gold-thread Kua if anyone is interested. I wear a size M. PM me your email and I will send you pics of my Kua.

Hi all,

I'm looking to rent a traditional kwa for my wedding on 2 july 2011. I usually wear a size S. If u have bought one and plan to sell/ rent it out after your big day, please email e @ smelly_es@hotmail.com with the photos, measurement and price.

Thank u so much.

hi, am also looking for a kua... im going to HK next month and see if i can get one..anyone know where is the best to get one in HK with reasonable price? im looking at below 1.5k..

hi, am also looking for a kua... im going to HK next month and see if i can get one..anyone know where is the best to get one in HK with reasonable price? im looking at below 1.5k..

I don't think you can get Kua with RM 1.5k in HK, perhaps you may wan to make a trip to Guangzhou or Zhuhai where you can easily find the Kua with very good price. I have ordered 1 kua for my fren, but she can't fit as she has been put on weight a lot after pregnant so, if you are interested to see the Kwa, let me know ya....

You can rent Kuas in Klang Valley from Loh Tim Kee (near Petaling Street) and also at some of the small chinese bridal shops along Puchong and Kinrara. There are two types of Kua, the gold thread version and the beaded version. Gold Thread versions rent for about RMRM500 to RM800 and beaded versions rent for RM300 to RM500 (I think). I had problems renting a Kua during my AD last year because they were all very old-looking (looks like its been used many times) for the price you pay to rent them. And so I decided to get mine from Hong Kong instead as I had a good friend living there who arranged for me.

To buy a Kuq in HK will cost between RM1500 to RM3000 on average but I saw some Kuas that cost RM10,000 also. I hear you can buy them for very cheap in China but I'm not sure from where.

I can rent out my Gold-thread Kua if anyone is interested. I wear a size M. PM me your email and I will send you pics of my Kua.

Hi! am interested. Do you mind to email me picture and the charges? My email is lengkei@yahoo.com. I normally wear size S. Do you think it can fit in nicely? Thanks!

Yup I think Golden tread kua is very expensive in the market. I think we should keep it. I keep my kua which design by my mother. She and I hand beaded the kua. I like it cuz it have the modern touch and still retain the traditional feel in the kua. I'm planning to pass it down to my next generation. I'm very proud of my mother creation and I hope I'm able to pass it on to my next generation. :)

At the same time, I m considering to rent it out to the right one... no altering. Anyone interested can view the blog http://craftstoys.blogspot.com/2011/11/kua-for-rental.html or pm me.

hi BTBs

i dropped by weddingisle a few weeks back to buy hair accessories. while i was there, i saw many kua for rent - starting from RM300 (least beadings) onwards. i must say the kua are quite good looking. i would rent from there if i wanna wear kua. :)

alternatively, if you wanna MTM, i will recommend www.iamabride.com. i made a qipao from there and like it very much.

i ended making my wedding and evening gown from them too.

:)

hope this info helps. :)

Great and good discussion, thank you so much for sharing your views and suggestions with us. I have seen your links, in that i found lot of models in wedding dresses in elegant brides bridal shop. Really those dresses are very nice to see.

Our gorgeous SHANGHAI ANGELS BAND from KL is perfect for Shanghai theme WEDDINGS!

Pls email me at events.empire@gmail.com :thumbsu:

Pls look at my signature below. There are many more Bands for you to consider too.

Hi, Today I went to a wedding item shop at ss2 pj name SOMETHING SPECIAL TO YOU. Purchased wedding paper cups, stickers & hei decor, car plate stickers & poppers. They sell all wedding related items inclusive teapots, couple bears, hei stickers, car plate stickers, hei ang pow, couple bedroom slippers, pyjamas, wedding decors & favours, guo da li items, party poppers, wedding comforter sets & lots more. They sell / rent Chinese traditional costumes too ie kua etc for both bride & groom. Shop info: SOMETHING SPECIAL TO YOU Mezzanine Floor. No. 63 Jalan SS2/64, 47300 PJ. Tel: 03-7877 1800 Website: www.somethingspecialtoyou.com Hope it helps.