Sign in to follow this  
fusionista

Raja Nazrin's keynote address at the Bar Council

The speech itself is very good. But I wonder how many percent of it comes from his own mind. Sorry to say, all these speeches are prepared by someone else and what the king/pm/minister has to do is just to read it. Sometimes they might add a sentence or two though. I know because I've prepared the minister and the pm's speech before.

Raja Nazrin is a graduate from Oxford and obtained a doctorate from Harvard, so like what Athena said, can't be that bad right... i also understand that he reads alot, and goes to China quite often to seek reading materials, so the part on Confucius, does seem like it came from him.

I do agree that Raja Nazrin is a learned person (and very handsome too :P ). In fact I think he and his father are the only royalty that are worth their cents. My point is, sometimes we cannot believe all the things that are being said/published. We can't judge someone by their speeches as well because that might be the effort of someone else.

fluene, i understand what you mean and also agree with it. heck, some job applicant i came across even stated under her experience that as a PA to a certain politician, her job includes research, prepare and write speech..

just that, well, sometimes u gotta give them some benefit of doubt.

I am glad that his speech (whether he wrote it or not) makes me think twice about giving up my Malaysian passport. I am not PR of Canada and it is just a matter of time if I want to denounce my citizenship or not. Being born and raised in Malaysia for 20 years, I hate to not call Malaysia my home. However when there is a lack of support for the non-Malay race when they keep harping on "Bangsa Malaysia" makes me wonder if they would really miss my presence or not. I am just glad that someone of prominence is finally voicing out the truth and is actually heard. I still remember that I used to cry during Merdeka. Silly, but it really moves my heart to see Malaysia enjoy year after year of independence :P

Read in Sunday star, a Malaysian working abroad says he will cry each and everytime the pilot announce 'kepada rakyat malaysia, selamat pulang' when the plane touch down at KLIA.

I asked my boss about congratulating the prince in the newspaper.

then i read about the article on RN's request to Companies not to pay for advertising but contribute to charity. Declined using state funds for his wedding, instead asked to contribute towards development projects to meet the needs of the public. insisted on a simple royal wedding.

His recent keynote address and modesty is truly praiseworthy, don't you think? i sincerely hope this will set a standard to follow. and also that the state funds will definitely reach those in need :P

Well, I used to complained about Malaysia :P you know, the usual stuff, government, social security not good etc etc.

Now that I have been away for 6 years, I realised Malaysia is not perfect yes but it is a great country! We have gone such a long way since Merdeka and its' only 50 years back. Look at Africa and South America. They are still struggling. Our politicians have also done a lot of right things. And how many countries in the world with different multi ethic groups lives like us? Mostly have civil wars.. of course we have our racial issues but things like this takes time.

One things for sure, I will not give up my passport. I still have hope especially since our generations will be the next on to run the country :P

Read in Sunday star, a Malaysian working abroad says he will cry each and everytime the pilot announce 'kepada rakyat malaysia, selamat pulang' when the plane touch down at KLIA.

Haha, my friends still greet those coming home for holidays "selamat pulang ke tanahair" and will usually converse in Bahasa Malaysia (although mine is very rusty) for the next few minutes...

And every year during Merdeka, we'll create chain emails in BM....