luilui

Anyone heard of em-pay ?

Anyone heard of EM-PAY ? http://www.em-pay.com/

A friend recommended it to me knowing that i need fast (and easy) money for my new house.

Dun know if it's a trustworthy deal or any hidden trick??

No need to sell, or buy anything at all. Scary huh !

And it's been expanding and around the world.

Once you register and invest as little as appxm RM300, money will flow in and auto debited into yr Maybank acc.

My friend's most recent pay was RM5000, without doin anything.

however, 10-20% of the income value has to be spent on its affliate partners e.g. Tesco, and Jusco (if not mistaken).

Anyone can advise and know how it works?

Luilui,

Sure or not? Seems too good to be true on this...If really got so good in making money, then really need to have a try on it .

bebepooh

is it something like http://eaindex.com ? EA Index is where you buy the credit as USD 20 from existing member. then there'll be daily interest for you.

there's another 1 that's quite similar to this :- http://www.wilfunds.com

am not quite sure how both of these works but some how it's too good to be real... small investment very high return... i guess it's just a matter of time before all these webby collapse.. :P

bebe and mhYap,

Yup ! I agree that it's gonna collapse one day and by then many pp will be victims.

My fren kept tellin me it's not direct selling or MLM and it won't risk your downline's money.

Which i think it's impossible.

But he showed me a newspaper cut-out of our PM Pak Lah giving award to this business plan.

However, i heard it's has officially launch in M'sia and you'll see its advertisemt in most of the leading newspaper today.

luilui,

This biz sound scary as no work required but a small amount of $$ to start the investment then at the end u will get $$ in ur account. Well, till today i am quite anti the MLM biz one. Lots of friends tried to persuade me but failed..hahah. dunno lar, i always think that nothing wil come so easily esp money matter. If invest in the share market also got risk , so the biz that ur friend introduced to u sound no risk at all. Better be cautious :)

i heard this em-pay from my cousin too, she asked me to join oso, im oso not too sure how risky is it...

but she said last year she invest 1k, now she got 2k from there...not too sure about the amount, because not actually interested in this...she said guarantee me can get profit in a year, if rugi she pay me the amount wor...

anyone invest this?

i think if you are the pioneer in investing in all these then you can make profit... but if you investing in the tailend, then you'll be losing money... so, i don't think you'll be able to make much $$ from investing these now... :P

ling,

you cousin said she can guarantee you'll profit from this. but based on what she guarantee it..? she own the company...?

i think if you are the pioneer in investing in all these then you can make profit... but if you investing in the tailend, then you'll be losing money... so, i don't think you'll be able to make much $$ from investing these now... :P

ling,

you cousin said she can guarantee you'll profit from this. but based on what she guarantee it..? she own the company...?

hmm, im not sure, because i told her discuss later when i bek hometown, not so clear if talk via phone....

bebe and mhYap,

Yup ! I agree that it's gonna collapse one day and by then many pp will be victims.

My fren kept tellin me it's not direct selling or MLM and it won't risk your downline's money.

Which i think it's impossible.

But he showed me a newspaper cut-out of our PM Pak Lah giving award to this business plan.

However, i heard it's has officially launch in M'sia and you'll see its advertisemt in most of the leading newspaper today.

Hi Luilui,

5 of my colleagues lost RM 3000 each last week! I'm not sure what they had invested, but what i noticed they played online.

liplip,

losing RM3k each ar..? that's a total of rm15k... imagine if there's only 100 ppl lost RM 3k in that scam. that's RM 300k liau... wah... sounds like really easy money for those ppk who wanna cheat our $$$...

is it something like http://eaindex.com ? EA Index is where you buy the credit as USD 20 from existing member. then there'll be daily interest for you.

there's another 1 that's quite similar to this :- http://www.wilfunds.com

am not quite sure how both of these works but some how it's too good to be real... small investment very high return... i guess it's just a matter of time before all these webby collapse.. :P

is that for real that you're and advanced member? dont you know the different between HYIP and MLM? you should study more about it because your statement already show that you're lack of knowledge about the different of HYIP and MLM..

you lookalike hate with online making money program, is there any alternative that you can give us, what type of online business which is really safe for you?

goldwing,

seriously i don't know much about HYIP and MLM. leave alone the different between them. am not a member to any of these online investment. that's why i already mentioned up there that am not sure how these things work. i don't hate it. i just don't really trust it and that's why am not into it.

every investment there's risk. although the risk involve for those online investment seems to be low, but still am not those risk taker. probably that's the reason i can't make big bucks... :P

[Hi Everyone

Just go to the website http://www.sc.com.my/eng/html/licensing/in...Alert_list.html from Security Commission to see the list of websites that was banned by Malaysian government...I reprinted it for your reference

I myself involve in MLM, The industry in generally is just like other industry. No doubt there are bad apples here and there....

but overall we are just making our own business..

However many people think is a scam easy money, skim cepat kaya. In reality is a hardwork at the beginning. When your network grow (usually 2-3 years depending on individual) that you will get the continuity of income

ABFund (www.abfund.us)

Al-Arabic Fund (www.al-arabic.com)

ABB Fund (www.abbfund.com)

Artemis Wealth Management

Asia Wallet/ASWtrader/Splitindex Inc (www.splitindex.com)

AM Global Management (www.nypoe.com)

..back to list

B

BHG e-investment (www.bhg-corp.com)

Bidvask Investment Ltd (www.bidvask.com)

Buy-e-barrel (www.buyebarrel.com)

Brentwood Trust Company (www.brentwoodtrust.com)

Belton Market (www.beltonmarkets.com)

..back to list

C

Cambridge Capital Trading

(www.cambridgecapitaltrading.com, www.dubaiex.com) * (Press Release)

Capital Enhancement Club/ CEC

CB.IRAQ

Capital Glory Holdings Ltd

D

Data Saham (www.datasaham.com)

Dragon Gold Sdn Bhd / Dr Iain Gray

Duit Wayang

Dana Futures (www.danafutures.com)

Dana Modal (www.angelfire.com/journal2/danamodal)

Debenture Petal Trust

..back to list

E

eUK Gold (www.eukgold.com)

Eubond.com (www.eubond.com)

Eduit2u.com (www.eduit2u.com)

E-suisse Fund (www.esuissefund.com)

Euro America Index (www.eaindex.com)

E-Barrel (www.ebarrel.com)

..back to list

F

Fical (www.fical.net / www.fical.us)

..back to list

G

GC Group Asset Management

Good Credit Asset Management

Goldmill Wagner Ltd / GWA Worldwide (www.goldmillwagner.com)

Global Investment Network System (http://ginsystem.com)

..back to list

H

Hibah Funds

..back to list

I

IPC Shopping Services Sdn Bhd/Empay (www.ipcshopping.com)

..back to list

J

Jai Network System Sdn Bhd

..back to list

L

Lexworth Prestige

..back to list

M

Mercury Acquisition Associates (www.mercuryacquisitionassociates.com)

Montego Finance & Securities Berhad (www.montegofs.official.ws)

My Dinar (www.mydinar.net)

Mind-X Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.betonmarkets.com)

My Share (www.myshare2u.com)

..back to list

O

Oregon Invest (www.oregoninvest.com)

Ocean Balance Ltd

..back to list

P

Pure Investor / PIPS (www.pureinvestor.com, www.gopips.com)

Prowealth Solutions (www.prowealthsolutions.com)

..back to list

R

Remisier (www.remisier.com)

..back to list

S

Sunshine Empire (www.sunshine-empire.com)

Swiss Mutual Fund (www.swisscash.com, www.swisscash.biz) *(Press Release)

Sweden Fund (www.swedenfund.com)

Solid Investment (www.solidinvestment.com)

Smartcash (www.smartcash.com)

Sime Securities (www.simesecurities.net)

Starr-Bradley Associates Inc (www.starrbradleyinc.com)

..back to list

T

Tian Ping (www.tianping2u.com)

..back to list

U

UeBond (www.uebond.com)

United Capital Management Inc (www.brentwoodtrust.com)

Universe Asset Management Inc / Tony So

..back to list

W

Win Li Fund (www.winlifund.com)

Whitman Pearce & Partners (www.whitmanpearce.com)

..back to list

Alpha Numeric

3A Consulting Group Sdn Bhd

Do you know how to spot a fake MLM? Very simple. If they ask you to pay lots of money for a bit of useless goods, or if they promised sky high returns with little risk, run for your life. There's one website which i have found extremely helpful in spotting a genuine MLM from a fake.

www.mlm-thetruth.com

Anyone heard of EM-PAY ? http://www.em-pay.com/

A friend recommended it to me knowing that i need fast (and easy) money for my new house.

Dun know if it's a trustworthy deal or any hidden trick??

No need to sell, or buy anything at all. Scary huh !

And it's been expanding and around the world.

Once you register and invest as little as appxm RM300, money will flow in and auto debited into yr Maybank acc.

My friend's most recent pay was RM5000, without doin anything.

however, 10-20% of the income value has to be spent on its affliate partners e.g. Tesco, and Jusco (if not mistaken).

Anyone can advise and know how it works?

I clicked on the link honwhy provided....EM-PAY is in the list of BANNED webbie.....BEWARE!!

Hi,

I agreed with hargagiler...MLM is not for us to earn fast money...but it can help us to earn big money...if you really invest your time and afford to the business...no free lunch in this world...not us as a member to earn fast money but the Company itself earn fast money.... :)

Be careful...

Personally i dun like MLM (any kinds). I got conned to attend 3-4 introductory meeting and each time i came back home with a sickening feeling in mouth and stomach. My previous co was located at Menara HLA.. guess which perfume/air-freshner is located there... Each evening, we have "people" gathering at the lobby blocking ppl's exit with their mini gathering.

My "big bro" got conned by one - ended up buying a lot of stocks to maintain, trying to get more downliners, etc. At first it was all good, he and his wife quit their job to focus on this business endeavour. But when the business got bad, they ended up borrowing money from a lot of ppl. It must have been really humiliating for him to borrow from his little sister (me) after lecturing/telling me before how good this business is. I take a lesson from him, tat there is nothing that beats good hard work to earn honest money. I earn less, but i dun have ppl avoiding my calls/face or worry where the next paycheck/commission is coming from.

I read this (the next post) on another forum and have gotten the permission of the person who posted it there to publish it here as i really do feel that ample warning should be given to warn ppl abt the dangers and greed behind MLM. I do agree some products are really good. I swear by one of the local MLM - Floor Shine detergent to be the best floor detergent i ever tried and it keeps the floor absolutely clean and shiny.

How to spot a MLM agent, simple..

1) they will tell you that they have a good business proposal, but it is a secret that they are willing to tell u only,

2) take it up now or the opportunity will fly away

3) start the sentence with " so have u heard of XXX"

4) flash their big car or card or jewellery

I seen those cars in Menara HLA... but i also heard rumours from an employee's friend there that those ppl eats maggi mee so that they have $$ to maintain that cars.. Unbelievable?

This is what i read up abt MLM

The idea behind multi-level marketing (MLM) is simple. Imagine you have a product to sell. A common MLM product is some sort of panacea, such as a vitamin or mineral supplement. You could do what most businesses do: either sell it directly to consumers or find others who will buy your product from you and sell it to other people. MLM schemes require that you recruit people not only to buy and sell your product, but who will also recruit people who will not only buy and sell your product but also recruit people....ad infinitum. Only there never is an infinitum to move towards. This may seem unusual to traditional business people. Why, you might wonder would you recruit people to compete with you? For, isn't that what you are doing when you recruit people to sell the same products you are selling? MLM magic will convince you that it is reasonable to recruit competitors because they won't really be competitors since you will get a cut of their profits. This will take your mind off the fact that no matter how big your town or market, it is finite. The well will go dry soon enough. There will always be some distributors who will make money in an MLM scheme. The majority, however, must fail due to the intrinsic nature of all pyramid schemes.The reason MLM schemes cannot succeed is because MLM marketing is, in essence, a legal pyramid scheme. The basic idea is for a sales person to recruit more sales persons. This is very advantageous to those who own the company and supply the products, especially since the sales persons in MLMs are also customers. But it is puzzling why a sales person would think it is to his or her advantage to increase the number of competing sales persons.

Congratulation in the thinking that Malaysia or any other country have infinite population. Yeah MLM stand for makes a lot of money ... but for who?

In essential MLM does not really have any products. Putting in simple english, it is member get members get members.. the upliners will always earn when the downliners gets more downliners. They dun sell the product, they do recruitment.. then i would say those ppl are not salesman, they are HR recruitment agent. I "like" their approach, first they talk 10% abt their products, entice ppl to wan to buy/consume it.. then they invite u to a room with a senior person, and they will talk to you one on one on how the business is... no more talk abt the products, just pure.. if u pay RM1K, u get XX pp, u become XX, get rmXX commission etc etc.. And when u tried to divert them to the products talk, they will pull the topic back to business operation.. All these are in the MLM "how to get member's handbook"

No i wasn't conned by one.. nor do i have inkling to join one.. It wasn't coz i was too slow or dumb to join.. but it was coz it never gave me a good feel to join. There is no product, just a pyramid supporting each other.

btw Herbalife founder died at 44 years old.. coz maynot be related to Herbalife though... the link is a good read also on MLM.

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html

MLM WATCH - a must read

This was obtained from this link

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/615194

This is going to be long and take some of your time but reading this thread is much easier than creating it. So I hope you can spare this little time to finish reading it. Please caution your family members and friends before they become victims.

I hope you will read to the end for your own benefits and protection. I will come back regularly to update it but I hope some of you can help by contributing. Date of last update will be stated in my topic title.

I have even seen a family of parents and their children getting involved together in a scam. Such that you will not feel suspiscious until you could not recover your money back and realise it too late.

Please note that my message here is NOT meant to support or go against MLM or direct-selling business.

Personally, I have a few friends who used to tell me that they will never be cheated because they are not greedy, they don't believe in MLM or network marketing or they have no money. Yet they lost their money because they have been greedy or because they trusted their friends wrongly. In most cases, those who introduced their friends to get involved into such businesses or investments or got their friends into losing monies will never admit they did it on purpose. They will give the excuses that they are victims too.

I know a quite similar thread have existed before but I could not find it now. Hopefully someone can retrieve it back so that I can "copy" some useful information.

These information are meant for you to know and warn your family members and loved ones before they become victims.

"People got victimised by scams because they don't know about it and they don't know about it because those who knew about it did not share it"

Here are some hot scams in Malaysia, briefly, (I will elaborate more weekly):

1) The Cafe Scams - Island Red Cafe & Stevens Corner(strange, both in Pandan Indah) - Island Red Cafe collects members RM6,000 each and promised 5% return every month and even give you a name in the ROC as a shareholder but what's the point when they run away ? Stevens Corner, the famous indian coffee shop follows due to drop of business since their renovation. They collect RM3,000 per member and promise return of RM150 monthly and plans to open nice fanchisee cafe called StevensTeaGarden but so far all drawings and no new outlet yet. Both collect monies from new members with MLM recruitment schemes and pay the old members like Sunshine Empire. You never know when they will run away. Apparently, Stevens' takeoff have not been so successful.

2) Sunshine Empire - This licensed and legal Company has an impressive office at the ground level of KUB building along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, near Menara Public Bank and AmBank Building. They also have a showroom office at the ground level in the next building. 2 or 3 months ago, Singapore's Straits Times and The Paper published big news reminding their people to be careful and NOT to believe in them. Hope someone can put up the link or google for it.

Someone below has put a link to the Singapore news. In fact there are more to it. Although Singapore is investigating them, they did not stop their business as the business is legal and so far, no Singaporean have failed to receive their commissions as promised. Thus, the government cannot stop them yet.

The news published that the founder, director and group president is someone named James Phang but he is NOT the owner. Isn't this quite strange ? At the end of the game, James Phang can just disappear from the Company easily and claimed that he was just "employed". Such trick always happened in scam businesses.

Now, the Company has STOPPED paying commissions and interests to members with the excuse that the Singapore government has freezed their bank account while under investigation. Do you think their boss will be so stupid to keep much monies in the bank to be freezed ? They are all transfered away. It's just an excuses not to pay back to members and members are only paid "e-bonus-points" which is cashless. If they wish to convert to cash, they have to recruit new members to pay them cash and the recruiter less out trom the amount. So victims act like Vampires and "forced" to victimise other victims if they wish to get their monies back. And their victims will later transform to vampires and the scam carries on.....

3) Water businesses - Oxygenated and alkaline water products - Some of these are bottled water and some are filters or equipment that claimed the trick. One of the better known Company that sold "oxygen" water is SITO(supposed to stand for Selangor International Trading Organiszation and claimed Selangor State Government owned some share in it). The key person and founder is a Dato Robert Ong from Rawang but his name is no longer in the business now. Their products are sold for RM2 to RM3 for a 350ml bottle and now concentrating mostly in the Indian market. Their Chinese and Malays market are long gone since a year or 2 ago. Their customers are made to believe that their water has more oxygen and able to give miraculous effects for the body. Water is H2O, how to put more O into it ? Anyone knows how much oxygen do we breathe into our body everyday at FOC ? Latest news is that this SITO Company is going to create new label to market under a new Company since the SITO name has already gone bad. Someone informed that this Company is owing alot of money(due to refunds) to ex-stockists but just refuse to pay them.

Alkaline Products - Can anyone explain how it can work for the body ? The stomach's gastric liquid is so acidic that water of any pH that goes through it will not make any difference.

4) Car Fuel Booster - K-Link, the famous scam MLM Company that sold the footpatch TAKARA, later the "cock-ring" and energy-card launched the patrol-saving pills last year. Got so hot that even grocery shops are selling for them. Recently many of these cars that used the pills are rushing to the workshops to clean the residual. Few months ago, another MLM Company launched a fuel booster gadget, claimed that saves up to 20% fuel, that is attached to the cigarette lighter. Started off well using binary plan but businese begin to fade now and most users find it NOT effective.

5) Perfumery Products(eg. Lampe Berger & Bel Air)(more details later). Lampe Berger is not so hot now in the neighbouring countries but there are still new victims every month in Malaysia. Must thanks to those who have contributed and kept the thread alive here in Kopitiam. Bel-Air have closed in Malaysia. LB is almost zero in Singapore. This perfumery product from France with over 100 years history is just bottles and fragrance(check the factory's website) but the Company marketing them in Asia claimed "aromatheraphy" products. Hong Kong TVB aired a program that exposed their scam but their members claimed that HK's TVB already apologised to them. Note that the biggest strenght in a MLM Scam is their members will go all way out to lie in order to defend for their Company. The reason is simple; these members fear that they will not be able to make their money back if the Company collapsed. Knowing that the Lampe Berger products are moving slow, they add a line of skincare products named Estebel, also claime to have over 100 years history in France.

6) Energy Products(eg. stone pendants, bracelets, mattress and pillows). They use all sorts of gimmicks and demonstration to make you into believing them. They will do some tricks and demo to prove that these products really produce energy BUT is there any tricks in their demo ? So what if there really produce energy; is it good or strong enough to help the body ?(more details later)

7) Hi-Tech products(names like bio-tech, nano-tech that claimed millions of dollars of research involved, eg Bio-Young and XKL few years ago). Most of these will claimed a professor behind them(even with name and picture of a person) or used words like "U.S.A. formula", "German Technology" or "Nanotechnology" and no further details(more details later). If you ask for more details like the professor or factory's address, the answer will be "trade secrets".

8) Investment Schemes - SWISSCASH is the King of all. Swisscash is nearly over now but there are many similar and smaller ones that are still on.

9) GoldQuest - This Company that claimed to be HK-based started with some non-value gold-plated coins that are sold for over RM2,000 have several names and changed products several times. QuestVacation, QuestNet, etc. They have several offices in Amcorp Mall, PJ and their key person(in fact, the owner), a Malaysian Indian was arrested last year in Indonesia for having involved in a very big Phillipines scam. Most of their overseas offices are closed or inactive but their Malaysia business is still hot, with some "energy" products.

10) Numerology & Fortune telling - A Company named Visible is using MLM to sell fortune telling classes using your birthday based on Numerology fortune telling. Prpspects will be told that they need to buy a certain "number" between 1 to 9 in the form of pendants or bracelets made of stainless steel and sold from RM600 to RM20,000. Customers, or rather victims are mostly females from rural areas. Very hot in Penang now and a number of spin-off Companies have started.

11) MJ-Life - This Company boost of a very big background with many many years of history which is NOT true. Their people or associates may be long in business but nothing to do with their MLM launched recently. Why do I consider it a scam or bad ? New members are told to pay a sum of money(up to RM1000) and you get NOTHING for it. You only get a membership can entitle you to enjoy all sorts of special price and discounts when you have medical check-ups in their centres. They will claim all those check-ups cost more if done elsewhere. It's not true. Only the naive and those new to medical check-ups will fall victims to them. Most members who paid the money ended up with nothing.

12) Seaweed Venture Scams - 1 such Company is located in Taman Maluri, Cheras. They will ask you to invest a few thousands ringgits for their venture of growing seaweeds in East Malaysia and you are guaranteed returns. To gain your confidence further, they will tell you your investment money is secured by "insurance" or "unit trusts" & "trustees". When you ask for further documents to prove, they will give all sorts of excuses or just ignore you because they know they cannot get you. These Seaweed scam is one of the hottest now, warn all your friends about it before they are victimised.

13) MXM(previously MGM) - This is a master scam among the younger group, very successful 2 or 3 years ago but since there moved to their big 10-storey office at Phileo Damansara and changed name to MXM, their business dropped. They collect members RM3,000 to RM4,000 with credit card monthly easy payment and in return you get a hospital benefits insurance from Pacific Insurance worth only a few hundred RMs together with some you-don't-need medical check-ups from their associate Company Pathlab. Also talk about fitness, lifestyles bullshit that is all worthless.

14) Gano Excel - This company from the north, a copycat of DXN selling Lingzhi capsules created a new Company called Gano iTouch to cash-in on the internet like e-Cosway after their Company went down the drain since the last 2 years, selling Linzhi and some no-value energy pendants and alkaline water gadgets. They provide free transport every weekend from KL to visit their Alor Star office.

Lastly but not least, thank you for reading to the end and I hope you can come back for more details and updates or help to contribute for me to update. I hope to receive information of any scams so that I can share them here to protect others. Although most of those above-mentioned are marketed through direct-selling or MLM schemes, I will soon add non-MLM scams. Please contribute.

If you wish to send me any new information confidentially, you may email them to me at:

stopscams007@gmail.com

Good Luck.

PS. Please pass this link to your friends if you find it helpful and thank you to those who contributed or e-mailed me with informations.

Do remember that SCAMs continue to exist mainly because they can survive due to available VICTIMS and VICTIMS exist because many of those who knew about the SCAMs did not warn others about it.

Look at it this way - if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Meaning, MLMs may sound great and all that but I still prefer good old fashioned hard work the regular way. At least it is something I can control. I know of a lady who swear by MLMs but till today, has yet to stick to one - first she starts on this product, then go to another product and etc, etc. Why? Because after a while, it doesn't make her any more money.

I am an independant business owner myself...been involved in network marketing for a few years now.....never changing companies and it has been very rewarding for me. At least I don't have to constantly worry about rising prices and losing my day job. Not all MLM companies are bad....really. Some are genuine with really good products and company backup. It's the matter of choosing the right one....the way we choose our husbands...it's for life! Doing the business has not just given me monetary rewards.....but also personal growth, good and positive friends, health and beauty....you know the song. :)

I am an independant business owner myself...been involved in network marketing for a few years now.....never changing companies and it has been very rewarding for me. At least I don't have to constantly worry about rising prices and losing my day job. Not all MLM companies are bad....really. Some are genuine with really good products and company backup. It's the matter of choosing the right one....the way we choose our husbands...it's for life! Doing the business has not just given me monetary rewards.....but also personal growth, good and positive friends, health and beauty....you know the song. :)

I am agreed with Ms Lim. I am trying now as well. I truly believe that If we found a right company then and only when we put in our efforts. Some people can accepts the MLM concepts and other do not. It is up to the individual choice.