piggy

Adelaide

Hi all~!

We planning to go to Adelaide for honeymoon (cum innitial entry) for our visa. Wanna know anyone of u been there before? Hope to get to know around that place (e.g. best restaurant, best place for shopping, pre-cautions to take care etc) before going over :) Hope someone here will share their experience.

Thanks in advance. :wub:

Hi piggy,

I know this reply is rather late, perhaps even too late to help you. But for the benefit of anyone else who visits this topic, here my opinion of Adelaide.

I studied in Adelaide for approximately 2 years. Adelaide as most would associate it to be boring and perhaps a dead town, is really up to individual perspectives. By the sounds of it, you intend to reside there for a long periiod of time. I would say that you would really need friends there to be comfortable.

It's not a fabulous shopping district. Most major shopping malls are no bigger than mid valley, perhaps only 2/3s of midv. And the individual vendors in the shopping mall are pretty much the same across every mall there. So it's like once you been to one, you've been to them all. But if you like nature and quiet wallks this place is sheer bliss. People here are in general very pleasant and happy-go-lucky.

There is only slight racism there. But it's not serious. It's just that if you're unlucky, maybe in a whole year, you'd hear one person making snide comments about asians behind your back, comments loud enough for you to hear.

Food wise, it's quite hard to tell you where is good. I go back to Adelaide a few times every year as my boyfriend is working there (I'm in a long-distance relationship). I would be settling there in the next year or two. If you're already there, do let me know, maybe we can meet up and I can show you around. Having studied there, I have lots of Malaysian and Singaporean friends who have settled there and even had kids, so for us, it's just second home.

Precautions wise, I can't really think of anything to warn you about. Compared to KL, it's a very safe town. The asian population there has increased very much, but nothing compared to Melbourne or Sydney. Living standards there are quite high compared to KL, but working conditions are very much better.

Hope you like it there!

Hi cider,

thanks so much for your reply. waiting soooo long for it. :P anyway, me & hb are still planning when to move over. might be end of this yr or early next. :) sure, will contact you if we're there. :) to me, it's not really a big deal if it's a quite place..heheh have lived in Perth before,around 4 yrs back...anyway, glad to hear from you..keep in touch :>

Guest JazzyJess

Hi Piggy,

Applecider has pretty much hit the nail on the head in regards to Adelaide. I have only ever passed through there, never really stopped for a night. It has a lot of beautiful, old churches. It is actually nicknamed City of Churches.

You said you have lived in Perth for a while, what did you think of it? It is a booming city that is for certain. As an Aussie, in my opinion, it is the best city in Australia.

I personally do not like Sydney.. Dirty, smoggy.. But I am a country girl. I would never recommend anyone to live there.

My sister lives in the outersuburbs of Melbourne and loves it there, although the weather is pretty erratic.

Hi JazzyJess,

Oh really? that good news then :P hopefully applecider could help me if i need her.hehehehe. Perth is great. somehow heard that they've developed so much since I left. Wish to go back one day to have a look :).

Yeah, same goes to me. I don't really like Sydney too. To me,it's no difference with KL. Too hectic and I feel dangerous wherever i go, when Im there for holiday last time. Like you, Im a country gal too.hehe.

So Jazz, are you living in Perth now?

The Adelaide is a lovely place to visit with excellent sightseeing locations and fascinating scenic beauty to view for visitors.The architecture of the city is really amazing to see.

Throughout the greater Adelaide region, hundreds of pubs and clubs host musicians, bands, comedians and dance bands during the week, including great laid-back sessions on weekend afternoons.There is lot of things to do beside it..Night life is awesome over there and you can also enjoy the sight seeings of historic buildings, museums with this the wild life also..You must visit there..All the best fro your journey!

You can know more about : location calonge | location moraira

Throughout the greater Adelaide region, hundreds of pubs and clubs host musicians, bands, comedians and dance bands during the week, including great laid-back sessions on weekend afternoons.There is lot of things to do beside it..Night life is awesome over there and you can also enjoy the sight seeings of historic buildings, museums with this the wild life also..You must visit there..All the best fro your journey!

Thanks Jasmine for sharing this good knowledge can i know about the honeymoon vacation rental at Adelaide.The knowledge shared by you helps me during my future travel with my wife to Adelaide in the month of August this year.

Will Turner

For travel advice visit attractions in bohol | attractions in penang