Sign in to follow this  
citylady

When Are You Going To Pregnant?

Just 2 months after my actual wedding day, I had been asked the same question again & again & again.

When are you going to get pregnant/ give birth?

I just get very irritated when people keep asking me this question. I will just answer just natural/ soon/ see first.

But when my husband family member (MIL, PIL, SIL, BIL) asked me. How should I answer politely without hurting them?

Yes, I would like to get pregnant soon but maybe at least 6months after marriage. Not straight away make babies after AD.

It hurts when they said I am 30 years old this year & not young anymore.....blah, blah, blah.

I am very stressed when my MIL asked me this question just 2 months after marriage.

hahahaha i registered a month back and got this question when is your AD and when are you going to have babies in the same time ! these ppl are nuts. Nothing much to do about it just take it as it comes even though is damn annoying.

Just say the truth. I am sure that you have discussed this with your HB. This is the most common FAQ that Newly weds face. Some possible answers for you:

(a) We are letting God decide. We do it and if we kena, then we kena. - This will invite more questions in the future why u don't kena with MIL often asking you to drink very bitter dark coloured liquid

(b) We want to have some time together (say 2-years) before we try - This will invite angry stares and critisim that you (esp the woman) is not young and should try faster

© Money and career not stable, need some time esp after the wedding / renovation exp - This will also invite angry stares and advice on how to manage your cashflow together with offers to baby sit for free

As you can see, whatever you answer, its still not good enough. Best answer for HB relatives is to say "I don't have 100% say, better ask your son".

CFA's suggestions are good. But then again, u will get this question ALL your life.

When u are in school, they ask what u want to do after school?

When u are in uni, they ask, when u grad?

When u hv grad, they ask, when want to work?

When u hv started work, they ask, when want to get married?

When u are married, they are when want to give birth?

And, When u have given birth, they ask, when is the next one?

and the cycle continues for our kid later on.

I say take it with a pinch of salt... better still, ask them back (eg, when your daughter/son gonna get married/work/grad/baby?)

hi citylady,

you are not alone, i have married for half year. while many of them asking the same questions too. but the most make me worry is my MIL recently ask me "why u still dont want to have 1 baby?" this make me speechless as i wanted to enjoy more before i get baby. like now i can go travel without worries.

ooooo.....the ever famous question.....

you can't stop them from asking......some people are really busybody, or just like to rub salt into your wound, or some are just trying to make small talks and ask the first question that came to mind for newly weds.

no worries citylady.....I also got married at age 30 and gave birth at age 31.....

when I got that question previously, I usually answer "I donno, but if I strike the lottery I will tell you, or you will hear the good news from my family members". :)

just tell those busybody off...

why so kepoh?? u want to raise kid for me ah...?? and whenever they say u re not young dy bla bla bla... tell them off that u dont think u re older than lam cheng ha or lei kah yan...

i used to spoke this to my kpc relatives.... and get scold by my mum that i am too rude....

who care... :whistling:

CFA,

Gawd, that's so funny, hahahahaha but I do agree with what you posted!

citylady,

They are like that, just smile & let your hubby reply them. No need to get too worked up over it.

this is a never ending question. even after you delivered your 1st baby, ppl will ask when are you planning for no. 2. When you are done with "producing" baby, ppl will started to ask when or where you want your kid to study. When the kid start study, they'll ask how's the kid's education, whether your children is smart in school and so on.

my answer to my relative for this thread post question usually is "It's not me to decide. Getting pregnant is not as easy as Hen laying egg llor. Plus hor, I usually read in pregnancy book/ magazine that more pressure on the woman can caused woman have difficulty to get pregnant also". Well, my last sentence is actually trying to tell them softly that they are giving me pressure and they should stop asking me the same question over and over again (though the fact is I didn't read any books on pregnancy before..)